Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Collapsing Farts
Jun 29, 2018

💀
makesu think

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

I just assume Quantic Dream is David Cage delivering fetish pictures in crayon to the rest of the team and them trying to make a game around that, its success depending on how well they manage to get David to stay in his office

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

When I played detroit I went full bloody revolution with Markus and failed a QTE in the middle of the battle, causing the entire revolution to fail and the robots got owned, then I failed another QTE that got Kara and the little girl put in a robot concentration camp and I couldn't figure out where to go so they both just got put in a garbage compactor and crushed

The game can work out quite badly if you are dumb and bad at QTEs. of course I just went back and got better endings because it cut the game like 2 hours short lol.

Quote-Unquote
Oct 22, 2002

Detroit and Until Dawn (and any other CYOA game with multiple characters) absolutely own assuming you have friends irl

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
If I had friends in real life why would I even be posting here?

In other words, I don't believe you have actual friends. Which is why you post about games on a dead gay comedy forums.

Collapsing Farts
Jun 29, 2018

💀
I have friends but they think games are "a waste of time":rolleyes:
and "lame" :rolleyes:
and they'd rather spend time with their wife and kids :rolleyes:

god i hate my friends so much, a bunch of losers the lot of them

abigserve
Sep 13, 2009

this is a better avatar than what I had before

veni veni veni posted:

When I played detroit I went full bloody revolution with Markus and failed a QTE in the middle of the battle, causing the entire revolution to fail and the robots got owned, then I failed another QTE that got Kara and the little girl put in a robot concentration camp and I couldn't figure out where to go so they both just got put in a garbage compactor and crushed

The game can work out quite badly if you are dumb and bad at QTEs. of course I just went back and got better endings because it cut the game like 2 hours short lol.

I got the loveable police detective killed because I misunderstood what the prompt meant, it was like "save" or something.

I would recommend replaying it because the difference in the Kara situation is p. dope when you do really well in the battle

Quote-Unquote
Oct 22, 2002

Waltzing Along posted:

If I had friends in real life why would I even be posting here?

In other words, I don't believe you have actual friends. Which is why you post about games on a dead gay comedy forums.

:(

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

https://twitter.com/NonCaringBastrd/status/1148522200594571264

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

I'm playing until dawn now and it's great but God drat do the controls loving suck.

Who thought "huh, resident evil 1 really nailed it..."

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Can't even bother to actually take a bath and jar the water.

Shaking my head at today's lazy grifters.

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

"Carbons? Purge? What are you talking about?!"

trip report, siralim 3 is actually pretty great despite the opening being really heavy with its use of TORUN THE VULGAR SWEARING JACKASS GOD OF ANGER

within two minutes of starting the game an npc is like "yo, here's an item that makes you walk faster 100% of the time, enjoy", and it lets you set up default macros and stuff for your creatures, lots of nice lil QoL stuff

you can also zoom the screen graphics level which is cool because 4x looks good on my tv and 2x looks good on the handheld mode

Plan Z
May 6, 2012

I haven't heard a single story come out of this whole thing that doesn't rule.

Vakal
May 11, 2008

Collapsing Farts posted:

I have friends but they think games are "a waste of time":rolleyes:
and "lame" :rolleyes:
and they'd rather spend time with their wife and kids :rolleyes:

god i hate my friends so much, a bunch of losers the lot of them

Don't worry, when one of their children has an accident or gets a fatal disease and they are left emotionally devastated for life, then you'll have the last laugh.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
Sherlock Holmes and the Case of the Fraudulent Bathwater

Icochet
Mar 18, 2008

I have a very small TV. Don't make fun of it! Please don't shame it like that~

Grimey Drawer
How did a gamer bathwater fetishist DNA test a cup of water?

They gargled it, didn't they?

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!
Somebody call for an ant?

My favorite part is the 4channer telling you the exact creepy reason they ran the test.

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

sebmojo posted:

Oh god shut up

It must be nice to have dreams.

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

Armies of the future will just be synchronized rows of bathwater seller clones

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

Quote-Unquote posted:

Detroit and Until Dawn (and any other CYOA game with multiple characters) absolutely own assuming you have friends irl

Until Dawn owns because you can make the smart choices and avert the whole cliché of horror movie characters dying because they're idiots or you can lean into it full-loving force and it owns.

signalnoise
Mar 7, 2008

i was told my old av was distracting

Duck and Cover posted:

It must be nice to have dreams.

Remember when you said this only a month ago

god drat you are a loving dweeb

Dr. Video Games 0135
May 20, 2003

That's gonna be a zoinks from me, Scoob
Saints Row peaked with 2. It was silly spectacle but still managed to be somewhat grounded instead of trying to be the Naked Gun of video games. 3 and 4 are all right, though except Steelport is boring af

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Plan Z posted:

I haven't heard a single story come out of this whole thing that doesn't rule.

Belle Delphine apparently sold nudes of other women without their consent, some of whom were underage.

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

"Carbons? Purge? What are you talking about?!"

signalnoise posted:

Remember when you said this only a month ago

god drat you are a loving dweeb

duck and cover has literally three pages of probes and bans because they are presumably sexually excited by being the dumbest loving contrarian alive

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Dr. Video Games 0135 posted:

Saints Row peaked with 2. It was silly spectacle but still managed to be somewhat grounded instead of trying to be the Naked Gun of video games. 3 and 4 are all right, though except Steelport is boring af

There's actually some interesting stuff in Steelport that the game doesn't do anything with.

signalnoise
Mar 7, 2008

food court bailiff posted:

duck and cover has literally three pages of probes and bans because they are presumably sexually excited by being the dumbest loving contrarian alive

That's fair. Like a game can do that and not be for me.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Saints Row 2 was really neat but was 3 any less neat? I think they're both great IMHO.

signalnoise
Mar 7, 2008

Jerry Cotton posted:

Saints Row 2 was really neat but was 3 any less neat? I think they're both great IMHO.

I think they're all different enough in content and tone that saying one is objectively the best or worst is kinda silly

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

signalnoise posted:

I think they're all different enough in content and tone that saying one is objectively the best or worst is kinda silly

It's been long enough that I can't say for certain but didn't 2 (and the first game) have control problems the later two games didn't?

e: I still like them all. Boy they were enjoyable!

signalnoise
Mar 7, 2008

Jerry Cotton posted:

It's been long enough that I can't say for certain but didn't 2 (and the first game) have control problems the later two games didn't?

1 was a significant improvement for controls over GTA3, which it was released as a competitor for basically, in that you had free gun aim while driving. 2 has significant controller issues on PC because controllers didn't have good support back then, and it was also just ported badly and crashed even on console, but I don't remember having control problems on console.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

signalnoise posted:

1 was a significant improvement for controls over GTA3, which it was released as a competitor for basically, in that you had free gun aim while driving. 2 has significant controller issues on PC because controllers didn't have good support back then, and it was also just ported badly and crashed even on console, but I don't remember having control problems on console.

Oh I played them all on a Microsoft Xbox 360 model home computer system so I guess I just took it all in stride.

e: Although I don't remember Grand Theft Auto 3 having any problems on the Xbox.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Jerry Cotton posted:

I went back and tried to play 2 after liking 3 and found the controls pretty much game ruining. I'm sure they were fine at the time but it felt like it was from another era.

13Pandora13
Nov 5, 2008

I've got tiiits that swingle dangle dingle

How was this not incredibly obvious when the water was perfectly clear? Unless she took a bath right after a shower and used zero soap, bath oil, bath bombs, etc.

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

Saints Row 2 has some really hosed up parts that made me really laugh, that kind of humor resonated with me more than the wacky hyuk hyuks of SR3

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Caesar Saladin posted:

Saints Row 2 has some really hosed up parts that made me really laugh, that kind of humor resonated with me more than the wacky hyuk hyuks of SR3

The elevator bit where the player character finally spoke was pretty :lol:.

(I can't believe I spoiler-tagged Saints Row 2 lomarf.)

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

sr2 would be one of the best GTA games of all time if it wasnt such a bad port

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

Jerry Cotton posted:

The elevator bit where the player character finally spoke was pretty :lol:.

(I can't believe I spoiler-tagged Saints Row 2 lomarf.)

That’s SR1! The player talks a lot more in the rest of the series, but you get exactly four lines in the first game.

The airport chase one is my favorite: Bullshit! That’s last year’s fall collection! :mad:

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Dewgy posted:

That’s SR1! The player talks a lot more in the rest of the series, but you get exactly four lines in the first game.

The airport chase one is my favorite: Bullshit! That’s last year’s fall collection! :mad:

Oh gently caress it's been years I didn't remember!

But it must have been in 2 where you could call up a zombie of that woman?

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

The part in SR2 where you put the guy's girlfriend in the back of the car during the monster truck rally is just hilarious and insane

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

SR2 had a totally androgynous character creator and would automatically add a bra to a dude once his titties reached a certain size