Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lord Hydronium
Sep 25, 2007

Non, je ne regrette rien

Orion Weiner

Don't know if that belongs in this thread or a thread of great names.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sipher
Jan 14, 2008
Cryptic
A cousin I haven't seen in 20 years added me on facebook.

She named her kids Bleys (Blaze) & Jaxon :stonklol:

Sipher has a new favorite as of 20:52 on Jun 19, 2019

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

I don't know when the name "Jaxon" exploded in popularity but it is like page one paragraph one in the Blue Lives Matter Big Book of Baby Names

sweeperbravo
May 18, 2012

AUNT GWEN'S COLD SHAPE (!)

Lord Hydronium posted:

Orion Weiner

Don't know if that belongs in this thread or a thread of great names.

For some reason, combined with the last name, my brain won't parse it as reading like the constellation, I keep wanting to put the emphasis on the O, like OH-ree-on

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Porpoise noise continues.

sweeperbravo posted:

For some reason, combined with the last name, my brain won't parse it as reading like the constellation, I keep wanting to put the emphasis on the O, like OH-ree-on

And my brain is playing The Wizard of Oz: "OREEEon and WEEEEEIner."

sweeperbravo
May 18, 2012

AUNT GWEN'S COLD SHAPE (!)

Fleta Mcgurn posted:

And my brain is playing The Wizard of Oz: "OREEEon and WEEEEEIner."

:vince:

Grundma
Mar 26, 2007

DOG controls your destiny. Seek out three items of his favor and then seek his shrine.
Dr Elena Smagina who did her residency at the St. Petersburg Institute of Obstetrics & Gynecology

Alien Sex Manual
Dec 14, 2010

is not a sandwich

Phy posted:

Gtfo with your barf gewgaws and post names

Holy lol

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

Grundma posted:

Dr Elena Smagina who did her residency at the St. Petersburg Institute of Obstetrics & Gynecology

Knowing Russians it’s probably Sma-Geena, which is even more silly.

Ralph Hurley
Aug 3, 2009

:barf::sweep::zoid:

My wife told me she met a Windy Sanchez recently which made me lol for a good long time.

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

What stars make up Orion's wiener?

Bees on Wheat
Jul 18, 2007

I've never been happy

QUAIL DIVISION
Buglord
Alnilam and the M42 Orion Nebula, I'd assume

LazyArtistry
Oct 11, 2002

Creating disasters and running away from them since 1981.
While at the playground with my kids, I met a mother who has named her daughter 'Irish'.

She explained that she liked interesting names. Not sure if that fits the category, but hey, whatever floats your boat.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Bonus points if neither she nor the father have anything to do with Ireland

HiroProtagonist
May 7, 2007
Looking up someone's name in my company's directory had me run across an "Anall Butler" in our UK division.

Edit: yes it was spelled with two 'L's

Brute Hole Force
Dec 25, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Another one that could go in either this thread or one for badass names, Omega Knutsen

Stairs
Oct 13, 2004
I once knew a guy called Brittish (spelling is correct). He was a very tall American man who had no connection whatsoever to the UK.
His daughter's name was Brittanica.

rchandra
Apr 30, 2013

Stairs posted:

I once knew a guy called Brittish (spelling is correct). He was a very tall American man who had no connection whatsoever to the UK.
His daughter's name was Brittanica.

Must be a family fond of documentation - Brittish is in the American Declaration of Independence (can't be purely an older term, as British is also in there).

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

rchandra posted:

Must be a family fond of documentation - Brittish is in the American Declaration of Independence (can't be purely an older term, as British is also in there).

Standardized spelling in English is a relatively new thing: http://www.ruf.rice.edu/~kemmer/Histengl/spelling.html

frankenbeans
Feb 16, 2003

Good Times
It's been just over 5 years since my last post of daft hospital usernames, but I couldn't let this latest one pass without comment.

A few weeks ago I was looking for a user and and in the results, there was a user called Moon-Moon (first name). I immediately asked around the office to see who the hilarious memelord was, but it's legit, I've seen it in the staff record. Works in A&E.

Astrofig
Oct 26, 2009
Was watching a strongman competition earlier and the referee was apparently called Magnus Cromagnuson.

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

Astrofig posted:

Was watching a strongman competition earlier and the referee was apparently called Magnus Cromagnuson.

You probably misheard Magnus Ver Magnusson, who is a famous Icelandic strongman.

Veni Vidi Ameche!
Nov 2, 2017

by Fluffdaddy
Magnus Cro-Magnon Man would be a not-terrible username.

Edit: So would Roger Ver Magnusson.

LazyArtistry
Oct 11, 2002

Creating disasters and running away from them since 1981.
Magnus is a bad rear end name ...If you are writing lovely 40k lore or playing D&D.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Billie Eilish Pirate Baird O'Connell

Yes, that Billie Eilish.

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

GodDamnArtist posted:

Magnus is a bad rear end name ...If you are writing lovely 40k lore or playing D&D.

Or if you are a freakishly strong Icelander

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

Maquayla Runkles.

HiroProtagonist
May 7, 2007

rodbeard posted:

Maquayla Runkles.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

madeintaipei
Jul 13, 2012

I've recently started a new job, where one of the managers is named Maverick. Huuuge store, so they have to page him quite a bit. You can hear the pleasure in peoples voices as they let everyone in the place know that "Assistant Mangager MAVERICK, that's MAVERICK" is needed at the registers. Very much not in the spirit of this thread but we don't have an awesome name one. Maverick is very good at working with people, incidentally.

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

Sadly, his name is Cory.

quote:

Johnson received his nickname during his time in Kentucky after a reporter asked him about his fluctuating weight. He quipped that it was because he "poops so much", which caught on with his teammates.

So now everyone calls him Poop.

Ralph Hurley
Aug 3, 2009

Bertrand Hustle posted:

Sadly, his name is Cory.

So now everyone calls him Poop.

A kid named Jim I went to high school with had to run off the field multiple times during football practice because he had diarrhea from eating too many peaches. His teammates renamed him Peaches.

Lady Disdain
Jan 14, 2013

are you yet living?

Ralph Hurley posted:

A kid named Jim I went to high school with had to run off the field multiple times during football practice because he had diarrhea from eating too many peaches. His teammates renamed him Peaches.

Wow, his teammates went really easy on him.

Ralph Hurley
Aug 3, 2009

It worked because he hated it

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Ralph Hurley posted:

To be fair, peaches come from a can. They were put there by a man.

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

Fleta Mcgurn posted:

To be fair, peaches come from a can. They were put there by a man.

In a factory downtown?

tribbledirigible
Jul 27, 2004
I finally beat the internet. The end boss was hard.

Bertrand Hustle posted:

In a factory downtown?

If I had my little way, I'd eat peaches everyday.

No. 3 - The Calhoun
Oct 13, 2004

Everyone loves a slow loris!
From Pinterest;
Naysen
Trynnadi (Trinity?)
McAtelyn

Rollersnake
May 9, 2005

Please, please don't let me end up in a threesome with the lunch lady and a gay pirate. That would hit a little too close to home.
Unlockable Ben
Kristen Piston

Willie Nutt

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

Saw a Cabot-Anne today, which definitely has the zing of "Dad wanted a boy"