Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lambert
Apr 15, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Fallen Rib

Shima Honnou posted:

Straight from the tap directly to you, in a convenient lovely bottle!

Shipped in from an island surrounded by salt water from the other side of the globe.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

bike tory posted:

Ibuprofen, acetaminophen and asprin are all pretty mild painkillers because your body can't tolerate them in high doses. There are serious suggestions that acetominophen should be way more restricted than it is because it RCTs it performs only minimally better than placebo, but results in a lot of accidental deaths.

I find that combining acetaminophen and an nsaid is more effective than just the effects combined. But other than that paracetamol almost never really works for me.

And it only takes like 15 pills taken at once to cause liver damage?

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

spankmeister posted:

I find that combining acetaminophen and an nsaid is more effective than just the effects combined. But other than that paracetamol almost never really works for me.

And it only takes like 15 pills taken at once to cause liver damage?

That's for an intentional overdose. People unintentionally overdose too, just by not reading or not following the dose requirements, especially if combined with heavy drinking. 7.5g is enough to seriously damage your liver, more than 10g in a short time can be fatal. And the recommended max daily intake is 4g, so you can see the fairly fine line that people walk without even realising. Like, taking the recommended dose every 2-3 hours instead of every 4-6 hours, along with a bottle of wine, is enough to kill you if you're unlucky.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

https://twitter.com/tonydwagner/status/1148442052851408897

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice
He shouldn't have blacked out their names imho

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

Reminds me of the monthly magazine published by the real estate agent who sold us our house. It was seriously the most Scrooge McDuck poo poo ever. Headings like "Rents Skyrocketing" and "House Prices Up Double Digits Last Year" and poo poo. Like it was true, just seemed so ghoulish because it was reported as great news.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
It really does make me loving furious that I've seen the same few houses available for rent forever at something I could easily pay with a roommate but they want 3x rent as income which would take 3 people and it's a 2 bedroom so it wont happen. They just sit empty because nobody can afford that in this county, except for an occasional airbnb short term rental. Then theres the ones that are only available on air bnb and you can only have it for like a week lol. So glad theres an app to turn housing into flop houses they wont even let you stay at long term

Arcteryx Anarchist
Sep 15, 2007

Fun Shoe

the corresponding images are perfect

Larry Parrish posted:

It really does make me loving furious that I've seen the same few houses available for rent forever at something I could easily pay with a roommate but they want 3x rent as income which would take 3 people and it's a 2 bedroom so it wont happen. They just sit empty because nobody can afford that in this county, except for an occasional airbnb short term rental. Then theres the ones that are only available on air bnb and you can only have it for like a week lol. So glad theres an app to turn housing into flop houses they wont even let you stay at long term

the trick is to make straw accounts to extend your stay and then use tenant laws to suddenly make the place your residence :smuggo:

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Fiji water is uniquely terrible in terms of how it is sourced and also iirc is owned by the same water wasting chucklefucks who insist on growing pistachios and poo poo in a California desert.

Also gently caress landlords

Moridin920 has issued a correction as of 23:25 on Jul 9, 2019

Byzantine
Sep 1, 2007

Moridin920 posted:

Also gently caress landlords

Hey, be fair. Leeches have medical uses, landlords have no use at all.

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit

Byzantine posted:

one word: organs

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

Byzantine posted:

I mean someone needs to pay minimal amounts of upkeep on the national housing stock until the government finally gets around to nationalising the lot of it

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

ratchild13
Apr 28, 2006

Fun Shoe

TheMostFrench posted:

I use a hand scanner for clock on/off. It gives you a score ('your score is: ***') but no one has any idea what the score means, because sometimes it will be less than fifty or over 100 on the same day, even if you arrive and leave on time.

Old post but RSI hand scanners compare geometry of your hand vs. what you 'enrolled', and compare. Score is just the difference between hash of A vs. B. The shape and measurements of your hand can change through the day causing a different comparison value. These timeclocks are pretty crap, there's a sensitivity setting for how strict to compare scans, at its loosest it doesn't care a whole lot.

Doggles
Apr 22, 2007

https://twitter.com/paulkrugman/status/1148933465968193536

quote:

Prices start at £1,200 ($1,500) and can go as high as the customer chooses, an employee told the media.

Brrrmph
Feb 27, 2016

Слава Україні!
Dunno where else to put this, but just had a review for a year where I had 200% the output of my two colleagues who do the same work and was told I’m a tremendous asset but unfortunately HR guidelines mean a 1% raise this year in a company that had about 10% growth in revenue and profits last year. Good times.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Heated Gaming Moment posted:

Dunno where else to put this, but just had a review for a year where I had 200% the output of my two colleagues who do the same work and was told I’m a tremendous asset but unfortunately HR guidelines mean a 1% raise this year in a company that had about 10% growth in revenue and profits last year. Good times.

I think it's time to dial down that output a bit, my good man.

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bdk8NNDeQCM&t=883s

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

thankfully you live under capitalism. under communism you would have gotten a 0% raise because there's no incentive to work harder!

Arcteryx Anarchist
Sep 15, 2007

Fun Shoe

oh hey this is me circa 2008-2011

except instead of doing 200% of the work of my colleagues, they had just fired them all (well, they were contractors and they didn't renew their contracts and didn't backfill them)

Inept
Jul 8, 2003

well at least you found out your coworkers are smarter than you and you can learn from them

Ham Equity
Apr 16, 2013

The first thing we do, let's kill all the cars.
Grimey Drawer

Given the CPI growth rate of 2% in 2018, that represents a 1% pay cut.

You should aim to be doing about 99% of the work of either of your two colleagues.

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

never work harder than you have to to keep your job

Aipsh
Feb 17, 2006

GLUPP SHITTO FAN CLUB PRESIDENT

post images

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

This article about Philip Morris specifically targeting Maori and Pacific Island communities in NZ is full of capitalism.txt:

https://www.newsroom.co.nz/2019/07/11/677880/big-tobacco-targeting-maori-with-e-cigarettes

quote:

Philip Morris NZ general manager James Williams says the company is selling the IQOS device to Māori groups for half price - $50 rather than $100 - because they have what he calls "out-of-pocket issues".

quote:

Williams says he wants New Zealand to be the first country where Philip Morris stops selling traditional cigarettes altogether. Given 5000 people in New Zealand die every year of smoking-related diseases, wouldn't that be motivation enough to stop selling them right now? "Massive motivation," Williams says. "I don't want to sell any more cigarettes than I have to."

quote:

Maera Waikato, consumer relations lead for Philip Morris, says she knows many have taken up the product not just because of the initial offers, but because of the "extensive hyper-care" programme Philip Morris runs.

For context: Maori and Pacific Island people in NZ are over represented in lower socioeconomic brackets, have poorer health outcomes, much higher rates of smoking etc etc compared to white people. Basically the same story as other indigenous people and POC in colonial countries around the world.

Arcteryx Anarchist
Sep 15, 2007

Fun Shoe
suddenly thinking about all those diabetes billboards on raro

Mouth Ze Dong
Jan 2, 2005

Aint no thing like me, 'cept me.

Aidan_702 posted:

post images

Brands, please stay out of my kids school

That kid could be eating any kind of unbranded foreskin bar. An unnecessary product placement.

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy

You have a couple options:

1. Threaten to leave your job (either externally for another company or internally for another department) and see if they blink.

2. Do just enough work to stay employed.

Both have worked for me but ymmv

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

Nukes to Saudi A! posted:

Brands, please stay out of my kids school

That kid could be eating any kind of unbranded foreskin bar. An unnecessary product placement.

yeah but it's misspelled

Mouth Ze Dong
Jan 2, 2005

Aint no thing like me, 'cept me.

500 good dogs posted:

yeah but it's misspelled

The extra F is for foreskin

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

Nukes to Saudi A! posted:

The extra F is for foreskin

:eyepop:

Arcteryx Anarchist
Sep 15, 2007

Fun Shoe
it's called "we didn't want to ask/license this trademark"

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

lol wtf $1500 is not expensive for a suit

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

Johnny Five-Jaces posted:

Get a load of this fat cat

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]

:thunk:

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
It's not a good look to be getting tailor fit for suits while you announce the lay offs of tens of thousands of people.

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

All aboard the corona bus!

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan

MeatwadIsGod posted:

You have a couple options:

1. Threaten to leave your job (either externally for another company or internally for another department) and see if they blink.

2. Do just enough work to stay employed.

Both have worked for me but ymmv

I don’t like the idea of threatening to leave unless you have another offer. If they call your bluff and you can’t quit your job cause you have kids or a mortgage to pay or whatever, then your asking for your boss to poo poo on you more so, and you’re signaling to them your ready to leave so they might look to get rid of you pro-actively and on their terms.

Just do #2 and quietly look for another job. I’m in a similar situation and I’m pretty sure my boss ain’t gonna give me poo poo. Bonus points if you find another job and just ghost them.

Inept
Jul 8, 2003

they said suits start at 1500, guaranteed the suits they were buying were 15k+.

you don't get two tailors to come to your office for a few $1500 suits

TheMostFrench
Jul 12, 2009

Stop for me, it's the claw!

Moridin920 posted:

It's not a good look to be getting tailor fit for suits while you announce the lay offs of tens of thousands of people.

You can't just wear a regular suit to fire people, you need a good firing suit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

I made a suit of 100 dollar bills where each thread was made from a pink slip of an elderly woman with no pension or support network and for some reason people take it the wrong way??