Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SugarAddict
Oct 11, 2012
There's a mod that makes a chest thats linked to a players inventory that lets you pipe stuff into your inventory or whatever, I forget what the mod is called, but it has a bunch of other stuff in it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr Scumbag
Jun 6, 2007

You're a fucking cocksucker, Jonathan

SugarAddict posted:

There's a mod that makes a chest thats linked to a players inventory that lets you pipe stuff into your inventory or whatever, I forget what the mod is called, but it has a bunch of other stuff in it.

Thanks. Not sure if I have the right one but there appears to be an "Inventory Writer" from Integrated Dynamics which I'll take a look at.

One more question: Are RFTools dimensions disabled in Stoneblock 2? I was hoping to make an overworld dimension so I could build a nice base into the side of a mountain but don't see any dimlets or dimension machines in JEI. If it's disabled can it be re-enabled/are there any alternatives for overworld generation? I've kind of been aiming to build a dimension as a late game goal, so if there's no way it's incredibly disappointing. Seems like it was possible in the original Stoneblock.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Is it just me, or is Sky Factory 4 super janky? Moreso than Minecraft usually is, I mean.

Sage Grimm
Feb 18, 2013

Let's go explorin' little dude!
How so? The only one I've noticed is that sometimes I have to restart the instance when I return to the Overworld when using one of the Telecakes. The mobs are stuck in a loop and I can't do anything with the blocks.

I've only generated a flat grasslands world though so I can't remark on the more esoteric starts.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Sage Grimm posted:

How so? The only one I've noticed is that sometimes I have to restart the instance when I return to the Overworld when using one of the Telecakes. I've only generated a flat grasslands world though so I can't remark on the more esoteric starts.

Someone on a server I signed up for put a water bottle in a barrel and it hosed the server up bad enough that they had to roll back. Also the UI is awful, as is the quest book.

MaliciousOnion
Sep 23, 2009

Ignorance, the root of all evil

Mr Scumbag posted:

Is there a way in modern modded Minecraft to pipe items to your inventory remotely? I can definitely do so with power/RF.

I seem to remember doing this way back. Basically, I want to feed Infinity Booster Cards from AE Wireless Terminals into my inventory where I already have my wireless terminal to automatically use them, basically allowing me to access my AE2 system from anywhere (including other dimensions), anytime without having to worry about topping them up manually. Ideally I'd like to pull out the ingredients for them from my Transmutation table and autocraft them as well but I don't think that's possible.

If there's also a way to restrict stacks (so that when/if (doubtful) I reach the max number of booster cards, it will stop inserting once I hit a full stack in my inventory.

Edit: Typo

Not sure if there's other options but the Actually Additions Player Interface should let you do this. You can push and pull items to the player inventory, and can even pipe in RF as a form of wireless charging. It has a max range, but if you're visiting your base at least occasionally you should be ok.

As for keeping exact amounts of items, you can probably use XNet, RFTools Control or the hyper-rationing pipe from Extra Utilities (although this only exports one item at a time).

chairface
Oct 28, 2007

No matter what you believe, I don't believe in you.

Ender Storage I think is the mod I use for that; you can have a bag in your inventory set to the same color combo as an ender chest and it'll thus have the same stuff in it as the appropriate ender chest. Have your AE network put stuff you want remote access to in the appropriate ender chest and your linked ender bag can access the chest.

Goon Danton
May 24, 2012

Don't forget to show my shitposts to the people. They're well worth seeing.

Is there a guide anywhere to what Pam's top tier foods give what buffs?

Also I'm wondering if there's a way to tie the bonus hearts from spice of life carrot edition to the number of the top tier foods you've had.

Falcon2001
Oct 10, 2004

Eat your hamburgers, Apollo.
Pillbug
BTW: Props to Volcanoblock. Lots of neat setups, mods I never had played with before. Just all around good stuff.

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

Falcon2001 posted:

BTW: Props to Volcanoblock. Lots of neat setups, mods I never had played with before. Just all around good stuff.

Decided to give this a shot after burning out of ftb: interactions.

Well, have a good life, little potatoes.

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖

Falcon2001 posted:

Hearth Well is a top tier pick for me. After seeing it shine in Volcano Block I want to see it used more. Lots of really neat mechanics, systems are varied but never too complicated, coring/transmuting/crushing are much more fun than sifting gravel, and the multiblocks are cool as hell. This is like, the new gold standard skyblock foundation mod, in my mind. It was designed to be a mod that you'd "never have to leave your base" for, which I can get behind as a design goal.
Prodigy Tech is a pretty cool one and even though it needs custom tweaks to align it, I feel it works pretty well with HW as well. Also Soulus is another really simple mod capable of self-sustaining. Really just a great suite of skyblock-oriented mods that I'd love to see come up again, maybe in a more in-depth pack, since VB is very light and sorta just tour-guides through the mods.

Gwyneth Palpate posted:

Well, have a good life, little potatoes.
This is why the first thing I did when I had blocks to build with was make an isolated lava block.

Falcon2001
Oct 10, 2004

Pillbug

Vib Rib posted:

Hearth Well is a top tier pick for me. After seeing it shine in Volcano Block I want to see it used more. Lots of really neat mechanics, systems are varied but never too complicated, coring/transmuting/crushing are much more fun than sifting gravel, and the multiblocks are cool as hell. This is like, the new gold standard skyblock foundation mod, in my mind. It was designed to be a mod that you'd "never have to leave your base" for, which I can get behind as a design goal.
Prodigy Tech is a pretty cool one and even though it needs custom tweaks to align it, I feel it works pretty well with HW as well. Also Soulus is another really simple mod capable of self-sustaining. Really just a great suite of skyblock-oriented mods that I'd love to see come up again, maybe in a more in-depth pack, since VB is very light and sorta just tour-guides through the mods.

This is why the first thing I did when I had blocks to build with was make an isolated lava block.

The burst seeds specifically are such a fun mechanic and a good idea.

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖

Falcon2001 posted:

The burst seeds specifically are such a fun mechanic and a good idea.
Any time I run into a (vanilla) resource that I can't find a way to get without a ton of work, there always ends up being a method I didn't consider. For a lot of things (like netherrack), it ends up being burst seeds.
Too bad they keep going through the goddamn walls even when I expand my Designated Bursting Room. :mad:

OgNar
Oct 26, 2002

They tapdance not, neither do they fart
I think it was Etho in one of his lets plays who used one of the ender bags to charge his tools, the chest was set to only extract uncharged items to a charger and then put them back in when done. Very useful.

Rynoto
Apr 27, 2009
It doesn't help that I'm fat as fuck, so my face shouldn't be shown off in the first place.

OgNar posted:

I think it was Etho in one of his lets plays who used one of the ender bags to charge his tools, the chest was set to only extract uncharged items to a charger and then put them back in when done. Very useful.

You can do a ton of shenanigans with ender bags linked to ender chests if you have whitelistable pipes. Recharging tools/armour, refilling oxygen tanks, and putting ores into the system for smelting can all be done from a single bag. A second bag linked to a chest with pipes to a general storage system and whitelisted trashcans for random garbage is also a good timesaver.

Mr Scumbag
Jun 6, 2007

I never used Equivalent Exchange/Project E before but holy poo poo.

A wall of Emerald Chickens with pedestals and Watch of Flowing times everywhere feeding my EMC as well as Equivalent Energistics with an endless supply of Infinity Booster Cards from AE2 wireless terminals being piped to my inventory at all times has turned the game into creative mode. Is there anywhere else to go from here?

I've just rebound my inventory key to the shortcut key for my wireless AE2 tablet and can access my AE2 system from anywhere in any dimension and autocraft anything with Equivalent Energistics. If I don't know it, I can teach it via the Transmutation Tablet. It kind of negates the purpose of a base (or at least returning to base) as long as you keep what you already have going chunkloaded. I think I'll build a megabase anyway, because I can't think of anything else to do at this point.

Mr Scumbag fucked around with this message at 13:18 on Jul 11, 2019

Goon Danton
May 24, 2012

Yeah there's a reason why any pack with projectE is a projectE pack. Once you create a resource that can be traded for every other resource, everything else stops mattering beyond getting as much of it as possible and opening up as many ways to use it as you can.

This concludes my extremely truncated Marxist critique of modded Minecraft. Thank you for listening, clerk at the Wendy's drive-through

Eugene V. Dubstep
Oct 4, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!

Mr Scumbag posted:

I never used Equivalent Exchange/Project E before but holy poo poo.

A wall of Emerald Chickens with pedestals and Watch of Flowing times everywhere feeding my EMC as well as Equivalent Energistics with an endless supply of Infinity Booster Cards from AE2 wireless terminals being piped to my inventory at all times has turned the game into creative mode. Is there anywhere else to go from here?

I've just rebound my inventory key to the shortcut key for my wireless AE2 tablet and can access my AE2 system from anywhere in any dimension and autocraft anything with Equivalent Energistics. If I don't know it, I can teach it via the Transmutation Tablet. It kind of negates the purpose of a base (or at least returning to base) as long as you keep what you already have going chunkloaded. I think I'll build a megabase anyway, because I can't think of anything else to do at this point.

ProjectE inevitably destroys modpacks unless you castrate it. The scripts and config files in the Jebcraft pack, for example, pare ProjectE back to just the condenser and transmutation table, and remove the EMC value from all items that aren't basically just building blocks—i.e. different stone and wood types and stone/wood products. The end result is a an awfully useful construction palette for survival that still plays well with other mods.

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

FTB: Interactions is basically the only pack I can think of where ProjectE/EE2 isn't the all-consuming focus of the pack. In FTBI, it's more a replacement for sifting/grinding resources at the very beginning of the game, and then it becomes completely pointless as anything other than modified intermediate crafting materials. It does this, of course, by heavily restricting what can be transmuted.

SynthesisAlpha
Jun 19, 2007
Cyber-Monocle sporting Space Billionaire

Gwyneth Palpate posted:

FTB: Interactions is basically the only pack I can think of where ProjectE/EE2 isn't the all-consuming focus of the pack. In FTBI, it's more a replacement for sifting/grinding resources at the very beginning of the game, and then it becomes completely pointless as anything other than modified intermediate crafting materials. It does this, of course, by heavily restricting what can be transmuted.

Yeah I didn't get far in ftb:I but its implementation of project E was brilliant and should be the baseline. By default it dominates packs and trivializes everything but its own content.

SynthesisAlpha fucked around with this message at 14:39 on Jul 11, 2019

Rynoto
Apr 27, 2009
It doesn't help that I'm fat as fuck, so my face shouldn't be shown off in the first place.
ProjectE worked very well for the end of Project Ozone 2's kappa mode though. Just building even the basic transmutation chests required an insane amount of resources from every corner of the game and was used to finish the final avaritia craftings to capstone the entire thing.

E: It is just another example that you have to hobble PrE, this time behind end game craftings. Also 2 does not equal 3

Rynoto fucked around with this message at 14:41 on Jul 11, 2019

Mr Scumbag
Jun 6, 2007

Eugene V. Dubstep posted:

ProjectE inevitably destroys modpacks unless you castrate it. The scripts and config files in the Jebcraft pack, for example, pare ProjectE back to just the condenser and transmutation table, and remove the EMC value from all items that aren't basically just building blocks—i.e. different stone and wood types and stone/wood products. The end result is a an awfully useful construction palette for survival that still plays well with other mods.

I'm fine with it in Stoneblock 2 as by the time I managed all of this I pretty much ran out of normal poo poo to do.

I still have Thaumcraft and might just install Astral Sorcery since I never played with it and I enabled RFTools dimensions so I plan on going dimension hopping so I'll have a sky.

Mzbundifund
Nov 5, 2011

I'm afraid so.

Mr Scumbag posted:

I'm fine with it in Stoneblock 2 as by the time I managed all of this I pretty much ran out of normal poo poo to do.

I still have Thaumcraft and might just install Astral Sorcery since I never played with it and I enabled RFTools dimensions so I plan on going dimension hopping so I'll have a sky.

To get into Astral Sorcery requires exploring pregenerated structures. I dunno if RFTools dimensions can generate those, but if they can, make sure yours does.

Goon Danton
May 24, 2012

Falcon2001 posted:

Oh dang, a new interesting pack that's in the "light" category? Maybe my old laptop will be able to run this one!

Mr Scumbag
Jun 6, 2007

Mzbundifund posted:

To get into Astral Sorcery requires exploring pregenerated structures. I dunno if RFTools dimensions can generate those, but if they can, make sure yours does.

Thankyou very much for the heads up. In light of this, I did some poking around and have changed my overworld to a normal world (outside of the chunks that had already spawned, of course)

This lead to a pretty amazing "Escape from Stoneblock" that felt fantastic after tunnelling out into daylight.

Makes me wonder if it could be a late game goal for Stoneblock 3, if it could be feasibly implemented.

Bhodi
Dec 9, 2007

Oh, it's just a cat.
Pillbug
I'm playing omnifactory and I think I ran into a bug? I'm making the initial tier 2 circuits which require phenol, which you can generate in an oven with coal. But I've got a tree farm so I've got a lot of charcoal, and NEI says I can take Charcoal Byproducts and use a distillery with Programmed Circuit 0 and it'll output Wood Tar, which I can run through again and make Phenol. But I can't seem to get it to work? I add in the liquid to a basic distillery and it just sits there. It's definitely got power, so what am I doing wrong?

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

Bhodi posted:

I'm playing omnifactory and I think I ran into a bug? I'm making the initial tier 2 circuits which require phenol, which you can generate in an oven with coal. But I've got a tree farm so I've got a lot of charcoal, and NEI says I can take Charcoal Byproducts and use a distillery with Programmed Circuit 0 and it'll output Wood Tar, which I can run through again and make Phenol. But I can't seem to get it to work? I add in the liquid to a basic distillery and it just sits there. It's definitely got power, so what am I doing wrong?

Check the voltage of the recipe. A Basic distillery is LV, so it can only perform recipes up to 32 EU/t. You may need an MV distillery. Also, at least in unmodified GTCE, Charcoal Byproducts is a fluid that comes from a Pyrolyse Oven.

Bhodi
Dec 9, 2007

Oh, it's just a cat.
Pillbug

Gwyneth Palpate posted:

Check the voltage of the recipe. A Basic distillery is LV, so it can only perform recipes up to 32 EU/t. You may need an MV distillery. Also, at least in unmodified GTCE, Charcoal Byproducts is a fluid that comes from a Pyrolyse Oven.
Can't power a MV yet, but I'll try cheating one in and see if that's it. I was pretty sure it was a 32 eu recipe though. Yeah, I'm getting my charcoal byproducts from my pyroclase oven. The key is it's charcoal which I have a ridiculous amount rather than coal which I'd have to mine.

Bhodi fucked around with this message at 19:53 on Jul 11, 2019

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

Bhodi posted:

Can't power a MV yet, but I'll try cheating one in and see if that's it. I was pretty sure it was a 32 eu recipe though. Yeah, I'm getting my charcoal byproducts from my pyroclase oven. The key is it's charcoal which I have a ridiculous amount rather than coal which I'd have to mine.

You can find out just by looking at the recipe. Check the EU/t. If it's more than 32 EU/t, you can't do it in an LV machine. If it's between 33 and 128 EU/t, it's an MV recipe.

Bhodi
Dec 9, 2007

Oh, it's just a cat.
Pillbug
I'll know when I get home!

I'm liking omnifactory though, it's pretty great now that I discovered crates (why wasn't this a quest?!) and got a snad-sugarcane farm going for power. I've juuust about finished up 'the beginning' and have started in on the "early game" - note that I've got to be like 30 hours in at this point, wtf on the "early game"

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖
Your best bet for Phenol is coal in a pyrolyse oven. Anything else will get you a few drops at best or require a ton of processing. Luckily you won't be using phenol for long, so do your best to graduate to plastic circuitboards as soon as you can.

Bhodi
Dec 9, 2007

Oh, it's just a cat.
Pillbug
:ms: it was a 64 ut recipe. And looks like I can rule out the mob spawn loop too since enter pearls into pulsating dust requires like HV+!

I'm still loading stuff by hand, since everything's so expensive. Really trying to tech into AE2. There's no way to get liquids out of assemblers?

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖

Bhodi posted:

:ms: it was a 64 ut recipe. And looks like I can rule out the mob spawn loop too since enter pearls into pulsating dust requires like HV+!

I'm still loading stuff by hand, since everything's so expensive. Really trying to tech into AE2. There's no way to get liquids out of assemblers?
You can use enderIO fluid tanks to get fluids out of machines. Click the tank so it's on your cursor, then click the fluid slot where you want to place/remove fluids.

Also if you want a spawn loop, resonant clathrate is your best bet. You can make quartz from glass so it's basically free with processing, and Deep Mob Learning can provide ender pearls at a better rate than it spends pulsating dust once it gets enough going. It's totally feasible to make a processing loop for DML. In fact, if you add a Shulker into the mix, you can use the diamonds its pristine mob essence produces to fuel a numismatic dynamo and power the entire system in a closed loop, or even get power positive! Numismatics were given a massive buff in this pack.

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010
Capitol: A building or complex of buildings in which any legislature meets.
Capital: A city designated as a legislative seat by the government or some other authority, often the city in which the government is located; otherwise the most important city within a country or a subdivision of it.

Vib Rib posted:

Your best bet for Phenol is coal in a pyrolyse oven. Anything else will get you a few drops at best or require a ton of processing. Luckily you won't be using phenol for long, so do your best to graduate to plastic circuitboards as soon as you can.

even better if you find a good GT coal vein: coal DUST! Duplicate the coal, then put it in the pyrolyse oven to duplicate the time it cooks and make phenol! And one bucket (or tin can) of phenol is worth 10 boards.

McFrugal
Oct 11, 2003
I got to the part in Volcano Block where you need energion. The seeds have very little documentation. It says they can be planted on "the ground", which apparently includes any block that *isn't* farmland. They will then proceed to... not grow. What am I supposed to be doing here?

edit: ...well, it looks like holding shift simply doesn't work on them. So I need to just wait for an hour or something, since this is a bottleneck in the questbook.

McFrugal fucked around with this message at 07:30 on Jul 14, 2019

Falcon2001
Oct 10, 2004

Pillbug

McFrugal posted:

I got to the part in Volcano Block where you need energion. The seeds have very little documentation. It says they can be planted on "the ground", which apparently includes any block that *isn't* farmland. They will then proceed to... not grow. What am I supposed to be doing here?

edit: ...well, it looks like holding shift simply doesn't work on them. So I need to just wait for an hour or something, since this is a bottleneck in the questbook.

Yeah, basically make your first pile of energion into seeds immediately and plant them all. Eventually they really do stop being a bottleneck, but yeah go take a break.

BTW: you can right click on a energion seed that's partially grown to harvest a seed off of it so you can spread it out quickly from there, you don't have to wait for them to hit 100%. Even 20% will give you an extra seed.

Meskhenet
Apr 26, 2010

Volcano Block

How do i use the gravity block /tray to actually automate my farm? Ive got the golem but cant see any documentation how to get it my crops into barrels.

Falcon2001
Oct 10, 2004

Pillbug

Meskhenet posted:

Volcano Block

How do i use the gravity block /tray to actually automate my farm? Ive got the golem but cant see any documentation how to get it my crops into barrels.

What I did was a gravity block a space above my farm and then a hopper a space below my farm feeding into a Nether chest.

Meskhenet
Apr 26, 2010

Ohh that might do it. I had the gravity block on the ground and items got stuck on the hopper. Didnt think to take it one up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Falcon2001
Oct 10, 2004

Pillbug

Meskhenet posted:

Ohh that might do it. I had the gravity block on the ground and items got stuck on the hopper. Didnt think to take it one up.

you can also split the gravity block into tinier blocks as well - they still got a great range. I covered a 13x13 farm with one of the mini ones and got rid of the 'poo poo flying torwards my farm from everywhere on base' problem.