Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

NavanaSokarad
Jan 19, 2019
I really enjoyed this show when it was on and wished they would bring it back. i think when hank was on beavis and butthead do america was awesome and if they did more cross overs with other cartoon shows I would be all for it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

NavanaSokarad posted:

I really enjoyed this show when it was on and wished they would bring it back. i think when hank was on beavis and butthead do america was awesome and if they did more cross overs with other cartoon shows I would be all for it.

Girl excuse me??

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

King Possum III posted:

Remember the one with Snoop Dogg?

"Alabaster!"

It was one of the best episodes

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

a large fries, pie, and a large coffee

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit

SilvergunSuperman posted:

a large fries, pie, and a large coffee

Didja get that, good buddy?

Cosmik Slop
Oct 9, 2007

What's a hole doing in my TARDIS?

Milo and POTUS posted:

It was one of the best episodes

What you want for that jasper brunette?

13Pandora13
Nov 5, 2008

I've got tiiits that swingle dangle dingle

NavanaSokarad posted:

:psyduck: loving excuse you?

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

They mean his spiritual predecessor.

Large fries, pie, large coffee.

It's pretty hilarious how hard they gently caress over his wife and him in DA.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Also if anyone didn't check out that new season you seriously should, them ripping on awful MTV shows is way funnier than music videos.

I was honestly surprised how good it was.

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

Also if anyone didn't check out that new season you seriously should, them ripping on awful MTV shows is way funnier than music videos.

Beavis and Butthead ripping on Jersey Shore and Teen Mom is just perfect.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

They really need to make another season, just like season 9. It was so good.

SweetMercifulCrap!
Jan 28, 2012
Lipstick Apathy

It was a bit out of character for how clever their riffs actually were but it was really funny and it worked.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

SweetMercifulCrap! posted:

It was a bit out of character for how clever their riffs actually were but it was really funny and it worked.

I absolutely agree with this. They seemed almost too sharp, but you know what? It was goddamned hilarious, which is enough for me to look past it.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

The new Beavis and Butthead didn't skip a beat. The biggest flaw was actually still being on MTV. The modern MTV audience didn't get it. Should have been on Adult Swim or something. But still kept the MTV reality show riffing.

They play Beavis and Butthead on PlutoTV these days. I try to watch it when it's on. Shame they don't have the music video parts.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Detective No. 27 posted:

The new Beavis and Butthead didn't skip a beat. The biggest flaw was actually still being on MTV. The modern MTV audience didn't get it. Should have been on Adult Swim or something. But still kept the MTV reality show riffing.

They play Beavis and Butthead on PlutoTV these days. I try to watch it when it's on. Shame they don't have the music video parts.

I'm kind of surprised that Mike Judge and Co haven't just put the two on YouTube, riffing on a whole bunch of different stuff. They don't need to bother with any of the plot segments, so It would essentially require limited animation, a bunch of voice over work, and just various clips from shows or other MTV things. Maybe even music videos, since YouTube is the new MTV.

Just make The Soup but with these two. I'd watch the hell out of it. poo poo, put them on Netflix, watching a bunch of Netflix-produced stuff. That would at least be future-proofed.

The Bible
May 8, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 17 hours!

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

I'm kind of surprised that Mike Judge and Co haven't just put the two on YouTube, riffing on a whole bunch of different stuff. They don't need to bother with any of the plot segments, so It would essentially require limited animation, a bunch of voice over work, and just various clips from shows or other MTV things. Maybe even music videos, since YouTube is the new MTV.

Just make The Soup but with these two. I'd watch the hell out of it. poo poo, put them on Netflix, watching a bunch of Netflix-produced stuff. That would at least be future-proofed.

They only ever used like, 5 or so animations on the music videos/tv show riffs. This would be a breeze.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

The Bible posted:

They only ever used like, 5 or so animations on the music videos/tv show riffs. This would be a breeze.

See? This is what I'm saying. People watch B&B for the rifftrax-esque stuff. Sure, it was neat and all seeing them be terrible at call centre jobs, or when Beavis was the unintended leader of that cult, but if MTV all of a sudden removed those parts from the episodes, and left the 'watching' parts in, I'd be fine with that.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012
Buglord

Might be a rights thing

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

the corpse of god is love.

Hey Hank, Buck Strickland here. Yeah I'm thinkin' about bettin' a fistful of money on that little Asian neighbor of yours. He looks like he got real crafty ninja moves, but can he take a board to the head?

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Improbable Lobster posted:

Might be a rights thing

I heard recently that shows on MTV used to be able to use any music MTV was running. That was the kiss of death for later distribution.

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

Kahn's on the card three fights from now. He's up against a soft-spoken go-rilla man.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

The playing mat is backwards

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Who What Now posted:

The playing mat is backwards

that's the trap

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

I've been spelling shug with no 'h' :negative:

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

the correct way, drat it

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

LOVE LOVE SKELETON posted:

the correct way, drat it

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!

haljordan posted:

Kahn's on the card three fights from now. He's up against a soft-spoken go-rilla man.

I don’t like that episode but I love those buck quotes

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

LOVE LOVE SKELETON posted:

the correct way, drat it

this;

JIZZ DENOUEMENT posted:

I don’t like that episode but I love those buck quotes

Buck is a tie with Gilbert to me for quotes, Buck has more of them to pick from and many were good, but almost everything Gilbert said in his limited time was purestrain gold

I still occasionally think "I like to eat, I like to hump, and I don't like to drive" and laugh to myself

Code Jockey fucked around with this message at 07:22 on Jul 11, 2019

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

The "Kahn is a redneck" episode also has a great song in it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dv03V5SVT1w

haljordan fucked around with this message at 15:18 on Jul 11, 2019

Sponge Baathist
Jan 30, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
https://youtu.be/XCTMNPiaO2I

Probably not the same episode but I was expecting this

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

Sponge Baathist posted:

That should've been in EVERY episode

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Sponge Baathist posted:

That, or Mickey.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Sweaty IT Nerd posted:

I heard recently that shows on MTV used to be able to use any music MTV was running. That was the kiss of death for later distribution.

Yeah, during the original run of Beavis and Butthead that was pretty much the case. The rights were a bit different during the revival run, which is why they're mostly watching Jersey Shore, a program that MTV owns.

Music rights in general were a lot more lax prior to DVD when it wasn't even thought of that anyone would own an TV series, because all they had to worry about was first run and syndication royalties.

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

i got gout

Song For The Deaf
Aug 10, 2006

I HAVE TO USE MY SOUND SWORD NOW.

haljordan posted:

The "Kahn is a redneck" episode also has a great song in it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dv03V5SVT1w

I love this song, but it confused me. That’s Tom Perry’s first appearance, and they use that song, but not the Tom Petty original.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Song For The Deaf posted:

I love this song, but it confused me. That’s Tom Perry’s first appearance, and they use that song, but not the Tom Petty original.

I wouldn't be surprised if this was part of the joke, like Mike Judge and Tom Petty were thinking 'hey, wouldn't it be goofy if we did that?'

BoldFrankensteinMir
Jul 28, 2006

I wouldn't be surprised if this was part of the joke, like Mike Judge and Tom Petty were thinking 'hey, wouldn't it be goofy if we did that?'

It's also just a smart decision not to confuse the audience by having Lucky and his voice actor both exist canonically in his debut episode. Using a cover is a sly way to get the best of both.

Now, Lucky being the world's biggest Brownsville Station fan, that I would not be surprised if Mr. Petty was directly involved in, it's so specific and hilarious.

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

Every time Brownsville Station comes on the radio, I think about that reunion tour, Still Smokin' in the Boys Room

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

BoldFrankensteinMir posted:

It's also just a smart decision not to confuse the audience by having Lucky and his voice actor both exist canonically in his debut episode. Using a cover is a sly way to get the best of both.

Now, Lucky being the world's biggest Brownsville Station fan, that I would not be surprised if Mr. Petty was directly involved in, it's so specific and hilarious.

Except in that episode Trace Adkins plays Elvin and they break into a record store to steal a Trace Adkins CD.