Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

And the even bigger joke is that Rumble and Comp seem more chill and fun than QP now. Lately QP feels like everyone is playing for a million dollar prize.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
No one is quite sure what is happening but comp is definitely busted at the moment.

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

Played an entire round on equinox today without my weapon model or enemy models loading.

Astrochicken
Aug 13, 2007

So you better go back to your bars, your temples
Your massage parlors!

Roman posted:

I was just playing Countdown with a 5 efficiency and after a few rounds it forced me into spectator mode and made the teams 3v3. I guess if someone quits it evens the teams by doing that? Or is there some bug?

EDIT: Ok I'm in another game with a 9 efficiency and it did it AGAIN but made it 3v4. Am I just too sexy for Comp?

EDIT: Ok now it's 3v3 and I'm helplessly watching my team lose. Went from 5-1 to 5-4. Then it put me in at the end and it was 4v4 again. I killed the defuser with a super and won the game.

Are you seriously telling me that if someone is doing too well it will put them in Spectator mode? That's... silly

Happened to me today too.

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

haveblue posted:

No one is quite sure what is happening but comp is definitely busted at the moment.
The only bug I saw mentioned is not being able to revive in Countdown. That seemed fine to me. Both times I got put in spec mode I didn't even die.

Not that I didn't mind the easy 3 games to finish up my Invitations. But I kinda would have liked to, like, play.

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.

Roman posted:

And the even bigger joke is that Rumble and Comp seem more chill and fun than QP now. Lately QP feels like everyone is playing for a million dollar prize.

People have been saying this for 10 months

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

Emron posted:

Played an entire round on equinox today without my weapon model or enemy models loading.

so your gun is basically predator

that owns

texaholic
Sep 16, 2007

Well it's floodin' down in Texas
All of the telephone lines are down
I played a gambit match 1vs3 earlier today, I was the 1 and I lost.

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

el B posted:

People have been saying this for 10 months
perhaps I should rethink my anti sbmm stance?

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

Rasheed was, with Aliases, the top 7 PvPers in Bone Krew.

No one talks about this.

texaholic posted:

I played a gambit match 1vs3 earlier today, I was the 1 and I lost.

Do better bitch

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Lol there's a cheese for the juju. Costs you 0 resources.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
maybe dont play comp lmao

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames

BlindSite posted:

Lol there's a cheese for the juju. Costs you 0 resources.

Why would you go through the effort to make this post but not feel like posting it?

pork never goes bad
May 16, 2008

Yes, um, please post it

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!
it only works if you haven't started the quest yet on any character

https://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheGame/comments/cbkiv0/spoiler_how_to_cheese_bad_juju_and_the_catalyst/

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?
has anyone else had a thing where completed bounties only give the pop up thing at the end of the activity, instead of when you actually finish them? pretty annoying

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

Mazerunner posted:

has anyone else had a thing where completed bounties only give the pop up thing at the end of the activity, instead of when you actually finish them? pretty annoying

Sometimes, but not all the time.

In other news, I finished the Worldline Zero catalyst, so that's one activity I don't need to split my attention with again! :toot:

ETA: Having Legend of Acrius equipped seems to be a major boost to hall triumph completion percentages.

Paracelsus fucked around with this message at 09:17 on Jul 11, 2019

huh
Jan 23, 2004

Dinosaur Gum
From a reddit thread on the juju cheese:

If you have already opened the doors to the Tribute Hall, you're out of luck. If you haven't yet, this is how you can get infinite, free triumphs for Bad Juju, it's catalyst, and even the exotic emote.

1 On one character, start the Invitation from the Emperor quest by going to the barge on Nessus and opening the chest next to Werner.
2 On the same character, go to the Tribute Hall, and approach the emperor statue. Pick one of his bounties and complete it.
3 On the same character, return to the Tribute Hall, and approach the emperor statue again to further the quest.
4 At this point, the emperor will give you a tribute to deposit at the door. It is signified by the diamond indicator. DO NOT PLACE THE TRIBUTE.
5 Switch characters.
6 On your second character, load into the Tribute Hall.
7 On your second character, place the tribute by the door.
8 On your second character, go to orbit.
9 On your second character, repeat steps 6-8 as desired.

Also:

1 To check how many tributes you've gotten, go to your menu -> Triumphs -> Destinations -> Minor -> Tribute Hall. It's the first Triumph.

2 Regarding steps 3 & 4, yes accept the quest from the emperor that requires you to place three triumphs. That's what "further the quest" meant. DON'T PLACE THE FIRST TRIUMPH BY THE DOOR ON YOUR MAIN CHARACTER THAT HAS THE QUEST.

3 Once you've gotten all the tributes you want, yes, you have to switch back to your main character who has the quest to get Bad Juju. Since the main character has the quest, the main character does the next step.

huh
Jan 23, 2004

Dinosaur Gum
Each run is taking me 90 seconds.

Xbox, Australia, traditional hard drive.

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Yeah, I wish I hadn't started the quest until I read this yesterday, but oh well.

I wouldn't care, but goddamn not getting credit for the triumphs for juju that have been done repeatedly in the past is frustrating.

Bettyspagh3tt1
Jan 24, 2009

Roman posted:

I’m guessing you’re at 100 glory. Your opponents don’t even have their TVs on.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
I did some solo comp last night, starting at zero glory. In one game I got my rear end kicked, in other games I got my first undefeated and annihilation medals.

In conclusion, comp is a land of contrasts.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
I didn’t want to Cheese... but then I ran two strikes and died to mantling not working and then I ran Warden and literally died to GETTING IN THE ELEVATOR so gently caress doing this quest legit. If every part of the game is literally broken I just can’t feel bad about cheating

Bettyspagh3tt1
Jan 24, 2009
The overwhelming majority of the time low level comp is filled with the worlds most delicious potatoes. Sure, you will sometimes run into a good team/individual starting out, but 95 percent of the time it’s just a carb feast.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
I’ve found for East Coast US the best time for me, an extremely bad PvPer, is early in the morning between 6-10 AM.

And I’m not someone whose like “LoL I’m bad at PvP” but has Recluse, Revoker, and Luna’s, I’m someone whose had the Redrix quest since day 1 and hasn’t finished the 250 kills step yet. I’m bad at PvP in this game and I really don’t know why!

Bust Rodd fucked around with this message at 13:37 on Jul 11, 2019

yamdankee
Jan 23, 2005

~anderoid fragmentation~

CheeseFactory posted:

Did you change weapons at some point?

Nope. I just checked to make sure and also saw I had the most kills on each side, even with being 'benched' for the last round. So infuriating to come back from 0-3 and be glitched out and just watch my team helpless like

The game felt broken in many ways yesterday. Often would get stuck between the end of a match and going to orbit to queue into the next one. I had to restart Destiny twice in just a few hours. Game really is best when not played.

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

Bettyspagh3tt1 posted:

I’m guessing you’re at 100 glory. Your opponents don’t even have their TVs on.
yeah you're right. i just remembered some of them weren't even level 50 yet

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

Low glory comp is the true destiny good place.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
6v6 is the best but dammit if it isn't fun to slow it down with some nice chill 4v4 every now and again

Comp gets obnoxious once you're about to climb out of Fabled II or III, but I really love the ~20 games of 0 to 2,100 glory each season. Getting a nice pinnacle weapon is just a bonus!

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

Those first few games against people who seem unable to move and shoot at the same time...so refreshing...

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

No one talks about this.
I did the bad juju cheese last night and got up to 51 tributes in about 2 hours or so. The mission to get the gun after doing that is pretty fun. At 40% on the catalyst now after doing some menajerie and whatever else. I'll keep you all posted on my progress

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

THE BIG DOG DADDY posted:

I did the bad juju cheese last night and got up to 51 tributes in about 2 hours or so. The mission to get the gun after doing that is pretty fun. At 40% on the catalyst now after doing some menajerie and whatever else. I'll keep you all posted on my progress

I thought there were only 50 tributes, is there like a secret one at the end?

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

No one talks about this.
No you can just keep planting forever if you feel like it

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
There are 50 unique tributes in the game but since this is a bug that reuses one you can increase the tributes planted counter associated with that quest to however much you have patience for.

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

I got curious, the weirdos at raid secrets are convinced there's a secret 51st one. Who loving knows.

Edit: to be clear it's because they found a secret triumph of "place final tribute" that no one has yet.

Emron fucked around with this message at 16:27 on Jul 11, 2019

Pretty Cool Name
Jan 8, 2010

wat

https://i.imgur.com/DPjfibt.gifv

My greatest accomplishment in destiny.

e: wrong destiny thread, sry console friends

Pretty Cool Name fucked around with this message at 16:36 on Jul 11, 2019

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

No one talks about this.
I'm getting chubbed up by the field of view

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

Emron posted:

Those first few games against people who seem unable to move and shoot at the same time...so refreshing...

the best games. sometimes you'll even find people that stop to reload. :allears:

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Emron posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EWOIf0_tCnk&t=30s

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

yamdankee
Jan 23, 2005

~anderoid fragmentation~
Neo: What are you trying to tell me? That I can dodge bullets?

Morpheus: No, Neo. I'm trying to tell you that when you're sub 2k glory, you won't have to.