Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

HolyKrap
Feb 10, 2008

adfgaofdg

Scalding Coffee posted:

Release date confirmed to be July 31, according to SteamDB. https://steamdb.info/app/1007040/history/

I was thinking this was so the steam page shows up as "July 2019," if it even works that way

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I, Butthole
Jun 30, 2007

Begin the operations of the gas chambers, gas schools, gas universities, gas libraries, gas museums, gas dance halls, and gas threads, etcetera.
I DEMAND IT
Postin' up a Discord for this: https://discord.gg/GtRBDGH

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead

HolyKrap posted:

I was thinking this was so the steam page shows up as "July 2019," if it even works that way
I was told it is a thing SteamDB does to titles coming out in the same month.

RoyalScion
May 16, 2009
Hmm, I took a break after getting to VH 106 on PS4, do I want to come back and redo all the grind on PC :shepface: .

Reallycoolname
Feb 26, 2008

Take a look! It's in a book!
Mouse support is a wonderful thing though :v

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
odds are you can use cheat engine. edf is fun but there's no particular virtue in video game grinding.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled
Grinding in EDF is really fun because playing EDF is fun and "getting cool poo poo" is a nice bonus reward for playing awesome stages like Brute Force, but yeah there's no shame in cheating rather than doing something like the "drop a Balam on Crimson and then flail your arms back and forth for 2 minutes" grinding strat.

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

What did the grandma say to the frog?

Something racist, probably.

Reallycoolname posted:

Mouse support is a wonderful thing though :v

Hopefully it will be less poo poo than 4.1's mouse "support"

HolyKrap
Feb 10, 2008

adfgaofdg

Nalesh posted:

Aside from bad support in the menus, it was actually pretty great in-game. No acceleration, and it wasn't mimicking a joystick. It's why I never went back to EDF on consoles

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

Nalesh posted:

4.1's mouse support in-game was excellent and it was only lovely in the menus.

Blattdorf
Aug 10, 2012

"This will be the best for both of us, Bradley."
"Meow."

GrandmaParty posted:

Official twitter account says this week.

I can't find this. Do you have a link?

G-Mawwwwwww
Jan 31, 2003

My LPth are Hot Garbage
Biscuit Hider

Blattdorf posted:

I can't find this. Do you have a link?

https://mobile.twitter.com/EDF_OFFICIAL_EN

Blattdorf
Aug 10, 2012

"Meow."

Thanks. Can't wait to blow up more giant insects!

GamerMage
Sep 25, 2004
I feel the auto -pickup for armor and weapons cheat is a fair one.

Bloodplay it again
Aug 25, 2003

Oh, Dee, you card. :-*
EDF 5 is now available on Steam. $48 (20% off) until July 18.

DLC is getting added currently so I can't say whether there's a deluxe edition for sure or not.

Bloodplay it again fucked around with this message at 08:11 on Jul 11, 2019

Reallycoolname
Feb 26, 2008

Take a look! It's in a book!
Frankly the DLC have never been really worth it and I doubt EDF5 bucked the trend.

Edit: although the maid decoys might be worth it just to gently caress with air raiders

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

There won't be a deluxe edition or anything like that. It's more than the price of the game for a bunch of level 0 weapons you won't touch after the first hour and that cheat engine users will get for free sometime tomorrow.

Bloodplay it again
Aug 25, 2003

Oh, Dee, you card. :-*
I bought each of the 4.1 packs for about $7 and they were decent enough. I'd throw more money towards Sandlot/D3 if there was a deluxe edition but right now we've got ~$62 in DLC not including map packs and no deluxe in sight.

No deluxe, but there is a weapon and vehicle bundle for $39.50. Technically it is cheaper than the PS4 deluxe edition was at launch but the deluxe edition includes the two mission packs and this doesn't. Plus, once the 20% off ends on July 18, it is almost $110 (including the bundle discount) for the game and DLC. Again, no map packs included. :sigh:

If you subscribe to Humble Monthly, you can get 20% off of the $48 price on their store, bringing it down to about $38.40.

Bloodplay it again fucked around with this message at 10:41 on Jul 11, 2019

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
Can I unsub from Humble right now and still get the rest of the items as they unlock?

Reallycoolname posted:

Frankly the DLC have never been really worth it and I doubt EDF5 bucked the trend.

Edit: although the maid decoys might be worth it just to gently caress with air raiders
They put effort into them this time, so they are peak anime and troll material.

Scalding Coffee fucked around with this message at 12:14 on Jul 11, 2019

Gyoru
Jul 13, 2004

The "Wild Skeleton" DLC is worth it for Fencer mains. You can use it all the way through Normal+Hard.
https://store.steampowered.com/app/1057279/EARTH_DEFENSE_FORCE_5__Fencer_Support_Device_Wild_Skeleton/

I, Butthole
Jun 30, 2007

Begin the operations of the gas chambers, gas schools, gas universities, gas libraries, gas museums, gas dance halls, and gas threads, etcetera.
I DEMAND IT
The only EDF 4.1 dlc I bought was an anime tank and it was incredibly worth the money.

Good games tonight with the Leviathan Launch Krew

Blattdorf
Aug 10, 2012

"Meow."
It bothers me that all these DLC items aren't just skins, so you can use them whenever you like with whatever weapon of similar type you like.

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

this game is incredible, it's been a long time since i've had this much fun and laughed this hard

the gas burner is an incredible weapon. everyone owes it to themselves to give it a shot

Talkc
Aug 2, 2010

Mizuki! Mizuki! Mizuki!
***DEVASTATINGLY HANDSOME***
So excited to play this. Installing now. 4.1 was my jam for quite a while. I love the aesthetic of starting out as civvies.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Seriously considered taking a sudden sick day because of this.
Can't wait for tonight!

ChickenHeart
Nov 28, 2007

Take me at your own risk.

Kiss From a Hog
Played for about an hour; I'm relieved to say that the series' quality writing continues on in this sequel.

"UNLIKE MACHINES, LIVING CREATURES CAN REPRODUCE"

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

Not a cute boy, just a boring girl.
Came to check on ed5 pc status and wow it's right now!

Sandepande
Aug 19, 2018

ChickenHeart posted:

Played for about an hour; I'm relieved to say that the series' quality writing continues on in this sequel.

"UNLIKE MACHINES, LIVING CREATURES CAN REPRODUCE"

This is by far the most important feature of the franchise. "You've gained weight, that's why you can't fly so fast."

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

So what's the best way to make Fencer fast in this one?

Lynx Winters
May 1, 2003

Borderlawns: The Treehouse of Pandora
Early on, slam a dash booster item on them and do dash -> jump to keep your momentum longer. Later on you'll get booster items that let you chain more dashes and jumps together.

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

Little Mac posted:

Have a weapon with a horizontal dash and a weapon with a vertical dash equipped at the same time, then do one after the other. Equip mods that give you more dashes for better. Eventually I think you can get mods that make your regular walking speed even faster than dashing but they're from inferno.

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

Oh man, that mission with the HUMANOID ALIENS in the city was loving amazing. So fun. These HUMANOID ALIENS are really enjoyable to fight.

And they look just like humans!

LuiCypher
Apr 24, 2010

Today I'm... amped up!

Infinity Gaia posted:

Oh man, that mission with the HUMANOID ALIENS in the city was loving amazing. So fun. These HUMANOID ALIENS are really enjoyable to fight.

And they look just like humans!

Two legs, two arms, two eyes... They look just like us.

Captain Beans
Aug 5, 2004

Whar be the beans?
Hair Elf

Little Mac posted:

At low levels you can use blasthole spear, dash, reflector shield to continuously skate and not lose momentum.

Later on you’ll get extra boost items and a 2x blasthole spear with rockets on the back that blasts you forward when you attack.

Shine
Feb 26, 2007

No Muscles For The Majority

LuiCypher posted:

Two legs, two arms, two eyes... They look just like us.

I'm still a bit bummed that they didn't describe them at "frog-like giant insects", but this will do :lol:

DeNofa
Aug 25, 2009

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

Shine posted:

'frog-like giant insects"

Why would they do that?

They look just like us.

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

Is there a way to get the civvie suits back? I loved my diy rear end wingdiver jetpack.

Lynx Winters
May 1, 2003

Borderlawns: The Treehouse of Pandora

Nalesh posted:

Is there a way to get the civvie suits back? I loved my diy rear end wingdiver jetpack.

You do get them back but I think it's once you clear the game.

Bofast
Feb 21, 2011

Grimey Drawer
I bought the PC version of EDF today and it is soooo good :allears:
Only complaint is that the EDF songs are not as good as the ones in 4.1, but I can live with that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

Bofast posted:

I bought the PC version of EDF today and it is soooo good :allears:
Only complaint is that the EDF songs are not as good as the ones in 4.1, but I can live with that.

At least they bothered recording wingdiver lines for it this time though.