Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

IcarusUpHigh
Dec 20, 2016

DigitalPenny posted:

my ultimate funny SC moment goes to

https://youtu.be/Ya_ngkChSFg

Haha that's ace

e. Taxxe

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HKXI0YLcYtE

SCIENCE

Quavers
Feb 26, 2016

You clearly don't understand game development
https://clips.twitch.tv/BraveRoundHawkCmonBruh

Doors! :argh:

Jonny Shiloh
Mar 7, 2019
You 'orrible little man

Bofast posted:

:lol:

That sounds amazing. I'm sorry I missed it :allears:

I actually thought I'd recorded it, but checking back, I've got footage of me landing my Aurora on the roof of an outpost (and then not being able to climb back up to get in), which happened in the same session, but alas, nothing of the commando in the Caterpillar.

I'm sure there'll be plenty of opportunities for pgabz and others to bring us the very very worst of SC though.

Dementropy
Aug 23, 2010

Quavers
Feb 26, 2016

:laugh:

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

passtime

passtime

job

Dementropy
Aug 23, 2010

Dementropy
Aug 23, 2010

Cryohazard
Feb 5, 2010

Cat Borg

Caaaat Boooooooorg

Alone in the world is a little Cat Borg

Quavers
Feb 26, 2016

Store Citizer DLC looking good!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VCqFQ3NAH64

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z9VI7iZiSy8

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Potato Salad posted:

passtime

passtime

job

You control your ship.

You control your ship.

You clean the toilets of someone else's ship.

Accurate.

Quavers
Feb 26, 2016

:drat:

Sanya Juutilainen
Jun 19, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

trucutru posted:

You control your ship.

You control your ship.

You clean the toilets of someone else's ship.

Accurate.

Joke's on you, I actually enjoy the immersive and fun gameplay that is being locked on the toilets and cleaning them while my player model immersively vomits from the stench!

Checkmate, fudster!

IcarusUpHigh
Dec 20, 2016

Oh man I can't loving wait for Elite to get space legs.

IcarusUpHigh fucked around with this message at 21:27 on Jul 11, 2019

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

holy gently caress :lol: :lol: :lol:

Fidelitious
Apr 17, 2018

MY BIRTH CRY WILL BE THE SOUND OF EVERY WALLET ON THIS PLANET OPENING IN UNISON.
The whole concept of New World is a bit, ehm, concerning in the first place.

Gamifying 17th/18th century colonialism is a strange move to make. They've whitewashed around the bad parts as much as they could by making it a fictional piece of land, deleting indigenous people, and making the characters not explicitly European.
And I get the draw, the romanticized parts of colonizing new lands is a fairly novel concept outside of strategy games but perhaps that's for a reason eh Amazon?

Maybe if it comes out I'll be proven wrong, but it seems like a bad idea to make this a setting for a game.

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable
Checking in to say I love Star Citizen and it is the best game I still have never played!

But I will when it's awesome and works in the new mini switch which will happen because CR has the best programmers in the world working on this!

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

AlbieQuirky posted:

And everything is about buying and selling. When I was out today, I saw billboards and subway ads for stuff you can buy, sure, but I also saw ads for arts organizations, schools of all kinds, non-profits, public service announcements, even a public art project. The Store Citizer environment is papered entirely by commerce.

Space future needs your money.

JugbandDude
Jul 19, 2016

Remember when you were young, you shone like the sun

Shine on you crazy diamond!

The Titanic posted:

Checking in to say I love Star Citizen and it is the best game I still have never played!

But I will when it's awesome and works in the new mini switch which will happen because CR has the best programmers in the world working on this!

Nice try, troll. Downvoted

SPERMCUBE.ORG
Nov 3, 2011

Space commies are th' biggest threat t' red-blooded American Freedom we got in th' future. So me and my boys got to talking over a few hot dogs the other day and this is what we came up with...

This dude is coming very close to stealing my 2 year old goon valor. I'm afraid I'm going to have report him to Derek Smart for further investigation.

Dementropy
Aug 23, 2010

https://twitter.com/RobertsSpaceInd/status/1149378119251349504

Rectal Death Adept
Jun 20, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Starcitizen fits that episode where they are all transported to a space where thought becomes real and crewmen are performing in orchestras and dancing in front of crowds.

Except with even more boring fantasies.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Only the best protecting my Mountain Dew and Cheeto supply.

JugbandDude
Jul 19, 2016

Remember when you were young, you shone like the sun

Shine on you crazy diamond!

New World developer posted:

06/03/19 In September, we opened our doors to the public so that we could share what we’ve been working on with a wider audience. New World had a lot of rough edges and we weren’t sure players would embrace what we were striving to create. But, as players started venturing into New World, we started to learn along with them what was working and what wasn’t.

We had an opportunity to see the game through the eyes of thousands of talented and committed gamers and we liked what we saw. We’ve been blown away by the passion and commitment of our Alpha Tester community and we’ve taken their feedback to heart.

We’re very optimistic about New World’s future and we’re going to take time to add the content and features that our players have asked for. Stay tuned for updates and check out some of the achievements our Alpha Testers accomplished during this testing phase.

See, you asked us to expand the scope.

New release date: Never

EmesiS
Feb 5, 2016

JugbandDude posted:

See, you asked us to expand the scope.

New release date: Never

This is not accurate. The Amazon website claim an estimated release date of 2040.

BumbleOne
Jul 1, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

yes! my favorite store citizer killer dual universe

it just looks solid and good with lots of potential. it could become something great. something truly unique and “next-gen“
if they get it right i think it can revolutionize mmos.

i just hope the lethality has no interest in it

BumbleOne fucked around with this message at 21:04 on Jul 11, 2019

MilesK
Nov 5, 2015

BumbleOne
Jul 1, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
sorry adz...but...this is...

truly hosed in the head

BumbleOne fucked around with this message at 21:14 on Jul 11, 2019

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

Bumble He posted:

truly hosed in the head

Van Gogh level, then?

tooterfish
Jul 13, 2013

Deep cover goon, or actual certifiable lunatic?

It's literally impossible to tell. I feel like I'm in a PKD novel!

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

BumbleOne
Jul 1, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Hav posted:

Van Gogh level, then?

there were great artists who were hosed in the head, i agree.
but not everyone who is hosed in the head is an artist :D

Kosumo
Apr 9, 2016

Bumble He posted:

truly hosed in the head

Still way way way way more creative than Chris could ever dream to be.

(That not saying much, Chris is impressively uncreative, I'd guess in the bottom 10% of mankind. - yet still the space nerds fund his dream)

Nicholas
Mar 7, 2001

Were those not fine days, when we drank of clear honey, and spoke in calm tones of our love for the stuff?

Sitting here trying to work and I can't stop thinking about how this person asked to see a video of exciting gameplay and got called a troll.

Zazz Razzamatazz
Apr 19, 2016

by sebmojo

Brutal.

BumbleOne
Jul 1, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Nicholas posted:

Sitting here trying to work and I can't stop thinking about how this person asked to see a video of exciting gameplay and got called a troll.

this little fudster and trollface should rather pledge for an idris and find out himself
those freeloaders should better open their wallets to be part of the greatest gaming community of all times

they should all keep in mind:
chris does not need you!
but you need chris!

(man i feel like adz adama myself now, ill better call it a day and hit the hay)

MilesK
Nov 5, 2015

Bumble He posted:

there were great artists who were hosed in the head, i agree.
but not everyone who is hosed in the head is an artist :D

I'd like to see you try to express yourself better with nothing but Astroboy screenshots and logos from the RSI website. Everyone's a critic these days.

monkeytek
Jun 8, 2010

It wasn't an ELE that wiped out the backer funds. It was Tristan Timothy Taylor.

Very few things in my life have left me feeling so unsettled after looking at it. I can't even explain why.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BumbleOne
Jul 1, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

MilesK posted:

I'd like to see you try to express yourself better with nothing but Astroboy screenshots and logos from the RSI website. Everyone's a critic these days.

yeah i give him that. but just to show you that i know what im talking about (lovely images) here is a photoshop of two of my chickens in a space setting :D

BumbleOne fucked around with this message at 22:14 on Jul 11, 2019