Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

dangerdoom volvo posted:

Im not trying to shift blame I'm saying why would you try to improve something if you're also saying it's just rotten all the way through eg "the fgc is terrible". That's just giving up

Oh, that's not aimed at you. I pretty much agree with what you're saying too, my point is more that throwing your hands up in the air and reneging a "thing" (mostly for your own benefit, let's be honest here) just allows for the people that like to shift blame and look the other way to control the narrative.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HerniaFlange
Aug 4, 2013

You when you read my posts:

mango sentinel posted:

He was largely ostracised from human society once he actually outed himself as a Nazi sympathizer and Holocaust denier.

Didn't he basically just move to Japan and keep giving interviews to anyone who asked? He was ostracized from the chess community but he still got to be an entity.
I bet a fairly healthy chunk of that community felt he was being unfairly treated for holding controversial opinions, when really they just wanted to see their favorite player compete again. They would have had to write that opinion in to a publication for it to be publicly documented though. Meanwhile Twitter, Facebook, many other social platforms and any comment section on the matter gives plenty of people a place to rapidly output how okay they are with people acting lovely, with a bonus layer of having it be under a different name if they want (they do) so that they don't ever see their actual name tied to their opinion and potentially say "Oh, wait, this is hosed up." I wouldn't be surprised if this direct access to Infiltration as far as leaving supportive messages versus Bobby, who'd you would have to specifically mail, had an affect on his decision to try and come back.
Basically is this the internet's fault? I already know the answer, everything is the internet's fault.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

exquisite tea posted:

Garry Kasparov is a cool dude.

he famously did say "women should stay in the kitchen and have babies and not do chess" but then Judit Polgar destroyed him using his own midgame tactic against him and he left via a backroom away from the media like a bitch, so that was all cool and good

dangerdoom volvo posted:

Bobby Fischer was the greatest chess player of all time and he said the Jews are reptiles or something

oh yeah dude was absolutely schizophrenic though at the very least FIDE unanimously said "gently caress off" to him for life.

Baron Snow
Feb 8, 2007

Racist chess boards are very confusing to look at since all the pieces and squares are white.

Dracula Factory
Sep 7, 2007

Dangit I was just going to make a joke about racist players always going first.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

It's crazy that the only Evo channel we are all ethically allowed to watch this year is CapcomFighters...

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Dracula Factory posted:

Dangit I was just going to make a joke about racist players always going first.

Affirmative action is unfair to white!

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

In Training posted:

It's crazy that the only Evo channel we are all ethically allowed to watch this year is CapcomFighters...

I like to think dragon enthusiast is keeping infiltration out of the swap tourney.

Thwack!
Aug 14, 2010

Ability: Shadow Tag
My scene has an actual flat earther so it's automatically rear end

yo mamma a Horus
Apr 7, 2008

Nap Ghost

Thwack! posted:

lol this is awesome

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
Well I mean have you ever seen a round stage in a fighting game?

don't say Smash

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Thwack! posted:

Is it that Soul Calibur guy who brought his kid on stage during a Top 8 while wearing a MAGA hat and a Flat Earth shirt.

Thwack!
Aug 14, 2010

Ability: Shadow Tag

In Training posted:

Is it that Soul Calibur guy who brought his kid on stage during a Top 8 while wearing a MAGA hat and a Flat Earth shirt.

Yup that's oofmatic. Toronto's pride and joy

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

If earth was round ryus plane would fly east to fight ken

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

the only thing i know about that flat earth guy is that someone replied to one of his tweets with 'bitch whatcha gonna do? ring me out in real life?' which made me lol

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:

Endorph posted:

the only thing i know about that flat earth guy is that someone replied to one of his tweets with 'bitch whatcha gonna do? ring me out in real life?' which made me lol

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Endorph posted:

lol

zooted heh
Oct 16, 2005

str8 mercin burgers my nigga

Real hurthling! posted:

:lol:

SuccinctAndPunchy
Mar 29, 2013

People are supposed to get hurt by things. It's fucked up to not. It's not good for you.

Endorph posted:

flawless victory

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

The cord that came with my panthera is loving crap that gets all twisted up when i coil it. Im kink shaming this cord.
Is there a decent replacement brand?

Hobojim
Oct 31, 2011

Thwack! posted:

Yup that's oofmatic. Toronto's pride and joy

lmao I don't think I've met him, that's wild.

ROFL Octopus
Jun 20, 2014

LET ME EXPLAIN

Endorph posted:

lol nice

Thirteen Orphans
Dec 2, 2012

I am a writer, a doctor, a nuclear physicist and a theoretical philosopher. But above all, I am a man, a hopelessly inquisitive man, just like you.
Any good series on YouTube about getting better at Samurai Shodown? I’ve played fighting games so I don’t need something for beginners, rather, I’m looking for more information about how SamSho is played specifically.

Crocoswine
Aug 20, 2010

hash tag embrace death

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

Crocoswine posted:

hash tag embrace death

This had some real live ones when it went trending the other night from weird rear end chuds coming out with all the real deep insanity responses. Like the jews globalists were activating the memetic killswitch or some poo poo.

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:

Real hurthling! posted:

Stealing this.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Ty

Merilan
Mar 7, 2019

does ryu actually take a plane, i can't imagine that man understanding how to get a passport and go through customs

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Merilan posted:

does ryu actually take a plane, i can't imagine that man understanding how to get a passport and go through customs

On the other hand, he can get through security screening real easy.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
Ryu just tatsus his way across the globe.

HerniaFlange
Aug 4, 2013

You when you read my posts:

chumbler posted:

On the other hand, he can get through security screening real easy.

I'd have to think he'd be on the no-fly list because he can shoot fire from his hands.

Zand
Jul 9, 2003

~ i'll take you for a ride ~ ride on a meteorite ~
people taking their shoes off on the plane is disgusting but id rather sit between 2 no shoe people than next to 1 ryu

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004
Ryu is legally considered as luggage.

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

Dias posted:

Ryu just tatsus his way across the globe.

You sure about that one, pal?

Goodpart
Jan 9, 2004

quarter circle forward punch
rip

HerniaFlange posted:

I'd have to think he'd be on the no-fly list because he can shoot fire from his hands.
not in sf5 he can't

Sarchasm
Apr 14, 2002

So that explains why he did not answer. He had no mouth to answer with. There is nothing left of him but his ears.

Goodpart posted:

not in sf5 he can't

I guess SF3 / SF5 Ryu is technically lightning? Maybe he could sit in the emergency row and tell everyone he's the defibrillator.

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
https://twitter.com/MrWiz/status/1150604819779874816

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Maybe I just never paid attention but I feel like Smash never quite eclipsed every other game to that degree, right?

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

this is the first smash game that's both competitively popular and on a popular console so the playerbase is massive now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Melee refugees