Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bremma
Sep 7, 2007

She was a terrible creature and did not deserve our love

SwissArmyDruid posted:

Unless the Hrothgar naming conventions come out soon, I'm probably going to pop one of my last two Fantasias to detour through Viera on my way back to Roegadame.

The names were datamined out from the character creator a few days after release.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1yoEdGJeN-2MpguxdsZD95e4FrkqGhYh1s6btqZmfNBU/edit?usp=drivesdk

I used that to help settle on Azmir Azorya for my catman. Prior I was a Roegadame called Wilfwyb Thosinloefwyn so I'm always all in on the lore appropriate names.

I am enjoying my cat man though!

Also he pulls off the mascot head styles well, even if my friends hate all of these glamors.

Apparently making the frog and chocobo head talk with /visor is 'creepy' and unsettling'.

Bremma fucked around with this message at 22:59 on Jul 11, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

Harrow posted:

I don't know how people Fantasia their WoL because at this point I'm so attached to my character that I can't even change his hairstyle without feeling like something is wrong.

I envy your power to not be emotionally attached to a specific arrangement of video game pixels that doesn't even look all that special.

fantasia is an in-universe construct and my girl just likes to change how she looks sometimes

Hidingo Kojimba
Mar 29, 2010

Oxyclean posted:

Speaking of Warring Triad: any hints towards what the Primal/Trial series will be for ShB?

We don’t currently have a Pistis, Elpis and Agape in the virtue count. Well Innocence might be Agape but he’s not explicitly named for it.

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist

Oxyclean posted:

Speaking of Warring Triad: any hints towards what the Primal/Trial series will be for ShB?

Zenos. 4 times. :unsmigghh:

MechaX
Nov 19, 2011

"Let's be positive! Let's start a fire!"

Mulva posted:

It's pretty loving obvious at this point that the only competent member of the group was Hades, who seems to have accomplished literally everything of any lasting value to the Ascian cause. So yeah, pretty sure they are donezo now.

I just realized that Emet-Selech let it slip that he had a hand in guiding the Allagans too. But then that brings the question, what in the gently caress have Elidibus, Lahabrea, and the rest of the Jobber Ascian Crew even been doing for these thousands of years while Emet-Selech is begrudgingly doing what seems to be all of the hard work? Dude decided to take a short 100 year break and Lahabrea ran their organization right into the loving ground, forcing Elidibus to wake Emet-Selech back up.

This is all becoming more hilarious to me the more I think about this.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

MechaX posted:

I just realized that Emet-Selech let it slip that he had a hand in guiding the Allagans too. But then that brings the question, what in the gently caress have Elidibus, Lahabrea, and the rest of the Jobber Ascian Crew even been doing for these thousands of years while Emet-Selech is begrudgingly doing what seems to be all of the hard work? Dude decided to take a short 100 year break and Lahabrea ran their organization right into the loving ground, forcing Elidibus to wake Emet-Selech back up.

Elidibus and Lahabrea both were also guiding the Garlean empire so it stands to reason that the helped Emet-Selch with his other plans too.

Scare quotes optional around "helped"

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist

MechaX posted:

End game.
5 other calamities on the source, as well as the corresponding events on the shards.

Emet-Selch, as far as we know, is responsible for the Alagan Empire (4th and 7th umbral calamities), the Garlean Empire (7th and 8th umbral calamity), and Vauthry. Loghrif was responsible for the First's WoL and the Flood of Light. I don't know if any other the other events are attributed to anyone, except for the ruin of the 13th, Igeyorhm

Catgirl Al Capone
Dec 15, 2007

in the last trial, we learn that the true identity of Zenos...was Greg all along!!

Mercurius
May 4, 2004

Amp it up.

Brainamp posted:

Hair is easy to change. That at least is something that would be weird if it remained static all the time.

Also have a bunch of pictures. not sure if any might be spoilery so just hiding them all.
Your Roe lady always looks ridiculously awesome.

If you don’t mind me asking, what are the top hat and coat in the last picture? I was looking for something similar a while back and could t find anything on the style galleries.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

I believe that is the latest Weaver AF set.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

With regards to Tempering

I'm pretty sure we're not tempered. The Role Quests reveal that the crystals we got are a symbol of Hydaline's blessing and appear to people she judges worthy, which seems unnecessary if she's tempering folks. Plus both the Warriors of Darkness and the Warriors of the Void ended up doing what the Ascians wanted which I think they couldn't if they were tempered by her.

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.

Ironslave posted:

Zodiark What is known is that he apparently wasn't against the "sacrifices the lesser races" plan, so I'm kind of skeptical about the idea of him being a force of good and protection and that if he was, it was probably limited to "but of our kind." Hydaelyn was made to oppose Zodiark because his MO at the time was to dine on the aether and souls of all the non-Amaurotines. I'm not sure what you'd need to think to not recognize one of these things as "bad" and one of these things as "good."

Generally speaking when someone destroys a world and spiritually obliterates everyone on it I tend to call their action morally neutral at best. You'd have to get really loving dark for that to be the good option and Zodiark could have straight up loving death camped any non-Ascian and still not justified that level of response. And as you say there's no indication that's what happened. It's not even obvious there were other races on their planet. As it's presented a bunch of Amaurotians sacrificed their lives to summon Zodiark and give him the power to save the planet, and then a bunch of other Amaurotians were asked to give up their lives to bring those people back. The end, there's no indication Zodiark was some soul hungry monster lusting for power. Doesn't mean he wasn't, but there's no indication he was. It's totally fair those people didn't want to die, or potentially for other people to die if there were lesser races, but the counter-response was......killing themselves, destroying the world, spiritually mutilating literally everything that came after. That's a loving terrible Plan B.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
lmao

Poops Mcgoots
Jul 12, 2010

drat, Club Medica is a good fc name.

Wylie
Jun 27, 2005

Ever to conquer, never to yield.

Get it together TPT, geez

Ironslave
Aug 8, 2006

Corpse runner

Mulva posted:

Generally speaking when someone destroys a world and spiritually obliterates everyone on it I tend to call their action morally neutral at best. You'd have to get really loving dark for that to be the good option and Zodiark could have straight up loving death camped any non-Ascian and still not justified that level of response. And as you say there's no indication that's what happened. It's not even obvious there were other races on their planet. As it's presented a bunch of Amaurotians sacrificed their lives to summon Zodiark and give him the power to save the planet, and then a bunch of other Amaurotians were asked to give up their lives to bring those people back. The end, there's no indication Zodiark was some soul hungry monster lusting for power. Doesn't mean he wasn't, but there's no indication he was. It's totally fair those people didn't want to die, or potentially for other people to die if there were lesser races, but the counter-response was......killing themselves, destroying the world, spiritually mutilating literally everything that came after. That's a loving terrible Plan B.

You sure earned your redtext if you think mass-murder is somehow not evil, and that those willingly complicit in it aren't evil. We had an explanation how what Hydaelyn does works. She didn't obliterate anyone, and it's a hell of a thing to say considering the worlds worth of people standing around who are quite fine with their existence, thank you.

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

Mercurius posted:

Your Roe lady always looks ridiculously awesome.

If you don’t mind me asking, what are the top hat and coat in the last picture? I was looking for something similar a while back and could t find anything on the style galleries.

Thanks! And yeah, that's the newest Weaver scrip gear. Once again SE made a great looking gearset but locked it to a single crafter.

Tabletops
Jan 27, 2014

anime
I bought the expansion. The product page I bought it from on squares site was advertising the preorder stuff which is why I bought it. After redeeming the key I found out that it did not come with any pre order stuff. Contacted support and their initial response has been that I'm hosed basically. Feels pretty dirty that the page was advertising the pre order but I didn't get it.

Aithon
Jan 3, 2014

Every puzzle has an answer.
Hello, am I late for the bandwagon?

i gotta say i love that gigantic pauldron on carborundum fending

Kanfy
Jan 9, 2012

Just gotta keep walking down that road.

I'm not in a goon FC but I do follow the Japanese side of things so funnily enough the only one I immediately recognized was NGC since I watch their streams every now and then. Didn't realize Edo-san and Fumiichi's joint was that big and active though, or that it was literally called "edofumi".

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

An FYI for people, the sad goony dwarf's quest line gets you the Lali-ho emote and isn't very long, so don't just do his aether current quest!

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Bremma posted:

The names were datamined out from the character creator a few days after release.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1yoEdGJeN-2MpguxdsZD95e4FrkqGhYh1s6btqZmfNBU/edit?usp=drivesdk

I used that to help settle on Azmir Azorya for my catman. Prior I was a Roegadame called Wilfwyb Thosinloefwyn so I'm always all in on the lore appropriate names.

Jesus they really turned the eastern european dial all the way up for Hrothgar names

Infidel Castro
Jun 8, 2010

Again and again
Your face reminds me of a bleak future
Despite the absence of hope
I give you this sacrifice

Wylie posted:

We're too busy taking about Oliver's rear end to care.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!
Where is the La HEE stuff in game? Did I completely miss it? Am I big dumb oblivious idiot?

Note: Other than MSQ, I've only done initial aethercurrent side quests so far.

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

raktika greatwood song.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ascfjJXDWjo

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!

Ah. I never put that together. Which is crazy because the Raktika Greatwood is one of my favorite tracks.

I love how it's basically an Enya song.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Wylie posted:

We're taking a break from carrying you all during the downtime :v:

Infidel Castro posted:

We're too busy taking about Oliver's rear end to care.

Also this

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.

Ironslave posted:

You sure earned your redtext if you think mass-murder is somehow not evil, and that those willingly complicit in it aren't evil. We had an explanation how what Hydaelyn does works. She didn't obliterate anyone, and it's a hell of a thing to say considering the worlds worth of people standing around who are quite fine with their existence, thank you.

It's not evil enough to justify a stupid response that destroys the world and doesn't solve the problem. The second part being the larger concern. If your plan is "I'm going to kill myself and make everyone weaker so that my enemy can victimize them for 10,000 years without any opposition" I'm going to call you a loving moron, because that is the worst plan in the history of forever and no amount of "But they are the good guys!" walks that stupid back.

funkymonks
Aug 31, 2004

Pillbug
Don't join TPT. Dead FC. RIP.

mightygerm
Jun 29, 2002

Regarding tempering Zenos had it figured out back in Stormblood. The echo doesn’t make you immune to primal influence, it is just that your influence is far greater than theirs. Would stand to bargain the freshly summmoned zodiark’s will would be enough to overpower even the ascians.

Tashilicious
Jul 17, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Mulva posted:

It's not evil enough to justify a stupid response that destroys the world and doesn't solve the problem. The second part being the larger concern. If your plan is "I'm going to kill myself and make everyone weaker so that my enemy can victimize them for 10,000 years without any opposition" I'm going to call you a loving moron, because that is the worst plan in the history of forever and no amount of "But they are the good guys!" walks that stupid back.

:chloe:

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Mulva posted:

ascian parachute account spotted

Blast of Confetti
Apr 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

FactsAreUseless posted:

An FYI for people, the sad goony dwarf's quest line gets you the Lali-ho emote and isn't very long, so don't just do his aether current quest!

is there a list of sidequests that gives you cool rewards yet? heard something about an overarching one with two groups and a bunch of quests that ends with you getting a new minion

Blast of Confetti
Apr 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Mulva posted:

drat found the guy nodding along in agreement in all the prae cutscenes

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
Here's a counter-plan: Walk up and punch Lahabrea in the dick. What the gently caress is he going to do, he's a moron and you are at least as strong as he is. Have you solved the overall problem? No, but you punched that failure in the dick. Progress. Ok, now kill yourself and summon *another* Primal. What happens? Lahabrea dick status: Unpunched. Not that you know that, because you are dead and you've left it all up to chance. Which, as it turns out, turned really loving hard against your "Don't sacrifice more people" wish.

e: vvv Hydaelyn was a lovely plan. Not a complicated thought.

Mulva fucked around with this message at 00:12 on Jul 12, 2019

Poops Mcgoots
Jul 12, 2010

I don't even know what you're going on about anymore.

The Black Stones
May 7, 2007

I POSTED WHAT NOW!?
TPT is cool and good and generally has at least one person that has always been willing to run content when I’ve tried. A+ would join again.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

"Everyone is horrifyingly maimed" is the Ascian viewpoint and not the viewpoint of literally millions of people who are perfectly happy and capable without the ability to make random poo poo with their mind. Arguing that 'well they're the superior race so they're justified' is pretty loving creepy.

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

The enemy of my enemy is my enemy.

Mordiceius posted:

Ah. I never put that together. Which is crazy because the Raktika Greatwood is one of my favorite tracks.

I love how it's basically an Enya song.

I can't put it together because every time I see la-hee I immediately think Numa Numa.

And it doesn't last long enough in the Rak'tika song to overwrite that association.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

FactsAreUseless posted:

gently caress yeah, I was wondering where that came from.