Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

Gaz-L posted:

Said her work had gotten worse since she got her boobs done, but tried to be tactful about it to the point that some people heard it as bodyshaming her, which WWE jumped on and fanned the flames of.

Why anyone took WWE seriously after how they booked women up until maybe 5 years ago (not to mention how they treated Molly Holly) is beyond me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

CombineThresher posted:

Why anyone took WWE seriously after how they booked women up until maybe 5 years ago (not to mention how they treated Molly Holly) is beyond me.

Stephanie calling Molly Holly fat always comes to the forefront of my mind when she goes on her whole "I invented women's wrestling" thing. What a terrible storyline.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Angry_Ed posted:

Stephanie calling Molly Holly fat always comes to the forefront of my mind when she goes on her whole "I invented women's wrestling" thing. What a terrible storyline.

Wasn't even the last time they decided to fat-shame a woman. They did it with Vickie too (even calling her frog splash the Hog Splash, real classy, guys).

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

also started the piggy james stuff after she and john cena split.

sleepwalkers
Dec 7, 2008

a year or so of listening to dave murder the english language on a near-daily basis may shield me from how his words appear to others, but the uproar after that always struck me as people purposefully being as disingenuous as they could possibly be in their interpretation of what was actually said. taking potshots at the least charitable interpretation of someone's words to score points with their employer.

e: iirc he ended up saying she was "lighter" in nxt, which a bunch of people interpreted as either shaming her for getting implants or saying she got fat (neither of which are valid interpretations, imo). he said he found their act more interesting in nxt, and that her makeover and the act on the main roster do nothing for him.

sleepwalkers fucked around with this message at 16:48 on Jul 10, 2019

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness
We got a taste of current Seth Rollins on twitter back then.

sleep with the vicious
Apr 2, 2010
Disingenuous woke wrestling podcast recap people

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

i have absolutely no fucking money
like 90 percent of the poo poo people say about Dave is either being purposefully ignorant about what he's saying or just straight making things up

coconono posted:

This of course gets picked up by the gotcha types and then WWE does a full court social media press against him with noted bootlicker Seth Rollins chiming in.

i think a lot of this is because Dave was nodding towards how WWE pressures and forces talent to get plastic surgery for a push, so they had to make it look like he's a misogynistic troll to discredit it

Low Desert Punk fucked around with this message at 20:59 on Jul 10, 2019

coconono
Aug 11, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!
don't forget the bad donald trump skit where the rosie o'donnell lookalike fell into a whale cake and cried.

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!
Dave even got buried on legitimate news sites for it

https://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-45214183
https://www.forbes.com/sites/alfredkonuwa/2018/08/16/twitter-wwe-superstars-drag-dave-meltzer-over-disturbing-comments-about-peyton-royce/
https://www.news.com.au/sport/sports-life/aussie-wwe-star-hits-back-at-bodyshaming-journalist/news-story/ae10c7e01d694ea38b6da45bbeabfc50

coconono
Aug 11, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!
forbes and news aren't legitimate news sites.

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!
They’re not wrasslescoopz.biz is what I’m saying.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!
well wrasslescoopz.biz doesn't have a infant blood fueled ghoul yelling at the writers to be nicer to ronald reagan.

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Low Desert Punk posted:

like 90 percent of the poo poo people say about Dave is either being purposefully ignorant about what he's saying or just straight making things up

i think a lot of this is because Dave was nodding towards how WWE pressures and forces talent to get plastic surgery for a push, so they had to make it look like he's a misogynistic troll to discredit it

It's rife and hilarious (not just Trevor). Worth making a thread you think?

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

ICHIBAHN posted:

It's rife and hilarious (not just Trevor). Worth making a thread you think?

I think the dumb wrestling opinions thread and this one covers it fine

coconono
Aug 11, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!
The Terrible poo poo WWE Does thread does have some appeal but I feel like that's the WWE Discussion thread tbh.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
I would post in a Past Present and Future of Dave Meltzer Gotchas thread.

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
Yeah, the Dave thing was annoying because people were willfully misinterpreting him and gleefully doing so because they saw an opening to exploit it and twist it. The annoyance was compounded by every WWE employee obviously being directed to tweet about it, drag Dave, support Peyton, and appear as woke as possible. The same things you see absolutely none of them tweet about when WWE programming does it on a nightly basis.

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!
Nick Gage is gonna murder Bryan lmao

mkay0
Nov 7, 2003

I crawled the earth, but now I'm higher
2010, watch it go to fire

Tato posted:

Yeah, the Dave thing was annoying because people were willfully misinterpreting him and gleefully doing so because they saw an opening to exploit it and twist it. The annoyance was compounded by every WWE employee obviously being directed to tweet about it, drag Dave, support Peyton, and appear as woke as possible. The same things you see absolutely none of them tweet about when WWE programming does it on a nightly basis.

It was actually Dave speaking in his dumbass code-speak to avoid saying ‘she wrestled much better before she got fake tits, and looked better too’. Honestly, a correct take, but not really an analysis I think is worth paying for.

Only those of us who listen to him constantly know what he meant, because he constantly talks in that guarded way. Normies were critical of him talking about her weight, because he literally spoke in terms about her weight.

I’m not some ‘woke’ performance artist - I cancelled because I wasn’t listening often because I don’t really follow wwe or ufc as much, and didn’t see the need to pay $12/month for titty talk and then lived without it for a few months.

I’m honestly sorry I brought this poo poo up, sorry for loving up the thread.

sleepwalkers
Dec 7, 2008

mkay0 posted:

It was actually Dave speaking in his dumbass code-speak to avoid saying ‘she wrestled much better before she got fake tits, and looked better too’. Honestly, a correct take, but not really an analysis I think is worth paying for.

Only those of us who listen to him constantly know what he meant, because he constantly talks in that guarded way. Normies were critical of him talking about her weight, because he literally spoke in terms about her weight.

I’m not some ‘woke’ performance artist - I cancelled because I wasn’t listening often because I don’t really follow wwe or ufc as much, and didn’t see the need to pay $12/month for titty talk and then lived without it for a few months.

I’m honestly sorry I brought this poo poo up, sorry for loving up the thread.

None of the discussion has been aimed at you, so I’m not really sure why you’re seemingly feeling put upon.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Move on to another podcast related subject. Thanks, folks.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost
https://twitter.com/bryanalvarez/status/1149180922849185792
https://twitter.com/LanceStorm/status/1149182816317366272

:munch:

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost
that's me by the way at the show

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Newest Music of the Mat, which I'm hyping because more podcasts need to have an excuse to talk about Maki Itoh
https://twitter.com/musicofthemat/status/1148638192528166916

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

disappointed there were no Daveisms about the McCartney concert

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Jericho's Paco Alonso show is great, must listen stuff.

He talks about how he got his start in Mexico, how he came to Paco's attention, meeting him and then what it was to work CMLL in that era. I wish he had gone on for another hour but you get great stories about how Meng helped him become King of the Airport, how he learned about the pedo devaluation, Paco's secret staircase, and a lot more.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

MassRafTer posted:

He talks about how he got his start in Mexico, how he came to Paco's attention, meeting him and then what it was to work CMLL in that era. I wish he had gone on for another hour but you get great stories about how Meng helped him become King of the Airport, how he learned about the pedo devaluation, Paco's secret staircase, and a lot more.

Hell of a typo

Anyways I remember reading Chris's book and wishing he spent more time talking about Mexico but in his defence I think he was only there for like 2-3 years, so I'll give this a listen

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer
*at sentencing hearing*

RFvideo: heh ill pretend u said pesophile

Sticky Nate
Jan 9, 2012

MassRafTer posted:

any mention of Omaha Steaks?

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Sticky Nate posted:

any mention of Omaha Steaks?

I will not spoil the ad transitions but they are great.

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness
Anyone happen to know the name of the backyard show Cornette was talking about on the Fyter Fest review ep? He was burying it but it sounded kinda awesome actually.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!
probably GCW's July 4th show, which does look all kinds of awesome.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
It was indeed GCW

https://www.fite.tv/watch/gcw-backyard-wrestling/2ow8z/

It was a hell of a lot of fun to watch. The fans were all either wrestlers or close friends of wrestlers, too

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Low Desert Punk posted:

disappointed there were no Daveisms about the McCartney concert

I was hoping for song-by-song star ratings. Guess I'll have to wait for the print edition.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

RealFoxy posted:

It was indeed GCW

https://www.fite.tv/watch/gcw-backyard-wrestling/2ow8z/

It was a hell of a lot of fun to watch. The fans were all either wrestlers or close friends of wrestlers, too

and NewLegacyInc's John Blud (yes I know he counts as one of the categories you mentioned)

Wazzu
Feb 28, 2008

Are you sure I'm winning the Rumble? That does'nt seem right.....
Oh and did anyone else enjoy from the retro review this week when they were discussing Kuala Lumpur that they almost certainly forgot about the hemisphere difference?

Someone please let Bryan know so he can look up the summer temperatures and become aghast.

Edit : a quick Google makes me the fool, apparently the temperature highs and lows are basically the same every month somehow?

Wazzu fucked around with this message at 06:20 on Jul 12, 2019

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

quote:

Edit : a quick Google makes me the fool, apparently the temperature highs and lows are basically the same every month somehow?

Yeah when you're close to the equator it's pretty much just rainy and dry seasons, the temps don't change that much

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Wazzu posted:

malaysia.txt

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Price Check
Oct 9, 2012
Alert: Bryan talks about and debunks the Golden Boat story today. The last nail in kayfabe's coffin.