Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is YISUN?
Mother
A lie we tell ourselves to have a purpose
Bliss
A paradox with no solution
Father
A strong female protagonist
The weakest thing there is and the smallest crawling thing
Creator
Everything in this miserable and hellish existence
A solution with no paradoxes
View Results

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

Maduo posted:

Given that Rayuba is probably like Singapore times 1,000 I wonder how many fighters even make it to the tournament without getting locked up the week before for spitting gum on the ground or cleaving a hole through a caravan on a drunken bender.

maya ten meti misses the tournament because she was incarcerated for public intoxication

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nea
Feb 28, 2014

Funny Little Guy Aficionado.
I'm gonna guess liquor devils are more like a fetus than a baby.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
That would make it a devil abortion. And I'm pro devil choice

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

Who What Now posted:

I don't get what we're supposed to be reconciling. Throne is shown to be a vile den of evil and immorality corrupted to it's core. You can probably get goblin steaks right next to your demon fetus pie.

We're reconciling something?

Yeah, it's pretty hosed up they use devils for fuel and as translators, baby, unbound, or not.

Who What Now posted:

That would make it a devil abortion. And I'm pro devil choice

And she ate the abortion, so Allison is like those women who make their placenta into a protein shake except way more metal.

Rotten Red Rod fucked around with this message at 01:27 on Jul 12, 2019

Drunk Theory
Aug 20, 2016

Oven Wrangler
You all are acting like you wouldn't process as many babies as possible into environmental conscientious fuel. I would, and that's if it was human babies. Another species. Pfft

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
we're forgetting that allison also drank tea made from boiled devilbaby

SardonicTyrant
Feb 26, 2016

BTICH IM A NEWT
熱くなれ夢みた明日を
必ずいつかつかまえる
走り出せ振り向くことなく
&

Let's not dwell on what goes into those pork buns. It's not pork.

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

I certainly dont have deep-seated issues involving birthdays.
Is it worse to eat a baby or a fully grown person? A baby by nature cannot really grasp its fate while a fully grown person knows whats up explicitly.

Even if you could communicate to a newborn that they're about to be eaten raw and alive all they're gonna do is wail and evacuate their bowels anyway because they're pretty much an inanimate object at that point.

What I'm saying is you should be able to eat a newborn of any species they're not people yet, thank you for coming to my ted talk.

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

I certainly dont have deep-seated issues involving birthdays.
I like how we're only unpacking this now.

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW

habeasdorkus posted:

You... you guys don't hear the lettuce scream and the tomatoes cry?

turbogoonishly Oh I do, that's why you'll never catch me eating a salad.

Fish Noise
Jul 25, 2012

IT'S ME, BURROWS!

IT WAS ME ALL ALONG, BURROWS!

Rotten Red Rod posted:

And she ate the abortion, so Allison is like those women who make their placenta into a protein shake except way more metal.
I think we have a gws thread about this

pseudorandom name
May 6, 2007

Elise the Great made spaghetti or lasagna or some other kind of pasta with meat sauce out of her placenta.

darthbob88
Oct 13, 2011

YOSPOS

pseudorandom name posted:

Elise the Great made spaghetti or lasagna or some other kind of pasta with meat sauce out of her placenta.
Cannibal chili, in fact.

Benson Cunningham
Dec 9, 2006

Chief of J.U.N.K.E.R. H.Q.
Allison is just a vessel. The devil baby was eaten because it committed to a life style where it clearly deserved to be eaten.

YaketySass
Jan 15, 2019

Blind Idiot Dog
Devil sentience seems to be fluid and tied to their mask (https://orbitaldropkick.tumblr.com/post/117329549016/figuring-out-the-visuals-of-devils-in-the-kill-six), they're a bit closer to artificial intelligence stories where at some point you realize your toaster developed a complex personality and subjectivity.

Meat is still Murder tho

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Then again, I should be thankful Gog Agog probably shut down all the Throne PETA groups time and time again. "They're no fun!"

DarkCrawler
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin
Solomon's sons probably start out as scribes/soldiers/whatever. If he has them only once per generation I imagine one generation is loving huge and only the smartest failsons make it to the Council

President Ark posted:

i think my favorite subtle detail on this page is the ridiculous amount of paperwork visible

in the last panels there are like 4 little carts full of a solid brick of paper

e: also the little carts are clearly designed explicitly for the purpose of carting around ludicrous amounts of paperwork

reach pride through bureaucracy

DarkCrawler fucked around with this message at 06:18 on Jul 12, 2019

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Motherfucker posted:

Is it worse to eat a baby or a fully grown person? A baby by nature cannot really grasp its fate while a fully grown person knows whats up explicitly.

Even if you could communicate to a newborn that they're about to be eaten raw and alive all they're gonna do is wail and evacuate their bowels anyway because they're pretty much an inanimate object at that point.

What I'm saying is you should be able to eat a newborn of any species they're not people yet, thank you for coming to my ted talk.

i do not actually desire to eat human babies but in all honesty i only have moral objections after about the 4 month mark

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

How come Allison gets a boxing helmet but batman doesn't?

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

She brought her own

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
On the morality of eating the liquor devil you barfed, I want to point out that Allison was doing what she was instructed to do by an angel. So, clearly, eating baby devils is Lawful Good.

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

Let's do the space-time warp again!

The Lone Badger posted:

Batman isn't hiding the Key of Kings.

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Royalty is a continuous shitposting motion.

Cat Mattress posted:

On the morality of eating the liquor devil you barfed, I want to point out that Allison was doing what she was instructed to do by an angel. So, clearly, eating baby devils is Lawful Good.

This is a good point I meant to bring up earlier. She was instructed on what to do by a literal angel, and one that holds to the old laws of justice rather than one of the "kill em all and let Metatron sort it out" angels. Even accepting that the angels are more lawful neutral than lawful good, it doesn't seem like it would count as a straight up unconscionably evil act- more like eating veal or lamb.

Emrikol
Oct 1, 2015
The trick to the entire argument regarding devils is that every bad things devils do is also something humans do (and also servants and angels).

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

The devil babies probably want to be eaten anyway. It's not like it'd kill them.

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

I'm just making jokes, I don't think devils actually have "babies" and it's an unbound devil. But I mean who knows, it still might be a super hosed up thing that's been normalized, that hasn't been explored in the comic yet.

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011

habeasdorkus posted:

This is a good point I meant to bring up earlier. She was instructed on what to do by a literal angel, and one that holds to the old laws of justice rather than one of the "kill em all and let Metatron sort it out" angels. Even accepting that the angels are more lawful neutral than lawful good, it doesn't seem like it would count as a straight up unconscionably evil act- more like eating veal or lamb.
Just :lol: if we're now uncritically accepting the judgement & pronuouncements of the Concordance Angels as Actually Correct And Good.

Anyway, going with that assumption, the Angels being indifferent to a human murdering and eating even the smallest and most helpless devil pretty strongly suggests that Devils are inherently bad or at least inhuman. Like veal.

Tulip
Jun 3, 2008

yeah thats pretty good

Since the norms of k6bd include "the demiurges are a necessary part of stability and generally worthy of worship" and the text of the fiction is "Allison is justified in seeking to destroy the demiurges because they are unjust and brutal," I'd say any "this practice seems barbaric but it's a foreign world and they treat it as normal so it's fine" should be HIGHLY suspect.

Slavery is very normal in k6bd, this is not the same as the work endorsing slavery. Unless there's some weirder stuff about devils going on than we've seen, Allison has just done style hosed up poo poo.

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

Well yeah White Chain says right out that while slavery is legal she's very much not cool with it.

Anyway, I highly doubt we'll get much insight into the ethics of devil liquor in this comic - as far as we know, bound devils don't care much about the fate of unbound devils, and it's hardly a central theme of the story.

Also, this whole thing started because someone asked if Allison has killed anyone. Yes, she killed a lot of people in the vault. That was her, NOT Incubus controlling her, which was kind of the entire point of her Inside Out brain sequence.

Tulip
Jun 3, 2008

yeah thats pretty good

Yeah, I think the trace stakes are "will Allison have a crisis if she kills somebody during the tournament" and, I do not think so at all.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

Cat Mattress posted:

More like Lawful Neutral, White Chain didn't make a full face turn until recently.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Rotten Red Rod posted:

I'm just making jokes, I don't think devils actually have "babies" and it's an unbound devil. But I mean who knows, it still might be a super hosed up thing that's been normalized, that hasn't been explored in the comic yet.

Pale devils are masked devils that were introduced as being the size of small rodents and had limited intelligence. Cat Master was supposed to be freakishly huge for a pale.

Which reminds me, we haven't seen any colors besides red and blue in forever.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Dead Reckoning posted:

Just :lol: if we're now uncritically accepting the judgement & pronuouncements of the Concordance Angels as Actually Correct And Good.

Anyway, going with that assumption, the Angels being indifferent to a human murdering and eating even the smallest and most helpless devil pretty strongly suggests that Devils are inherently bad or at least inhuman. Like veal.

Or it suggest angels are amoral at best, and more likely are themselves of imperfect moral character.

I don't get why its so hard for you to understand that characters won't always make morally good choices.

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Who What Now posted:

Pale devils are masked devils that were introduced as being the size of small rodents and had limited intelligence. Cat Master was supposed to be freakishly huge for a pale.

Which reminds me, we haven't seen any colors besides red and blue in forever.

The other colors are supposed to be increasingly rare, so that's not surprising.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

The Lone Badger posted:

With the power they're throwing around, any headgear is surely only for cosmetic purposes. In Allison's case, the cosmetic purpose is covering up her key.

bitprophet
Jul 22, 2004
Taco Defender
https://killsixbilliondemons.com/comic/king-of-swords-8-74/

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Ah, not someone I expected to see again now.

You just know he put extra emphasis on that last word, because he's a dick like that.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
Juggs there to extoll the virtues of devil veganism.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Roland Jones posted:

Ah, not someone I expected to see again now.

You just know he put extra emphasis on that last word, because he's a dick like that.

I wonder if the red tinge to her wings reflects the corruption of her essence toward the path of thorns.