Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kanfy
Jan 9, 2012

Just gotta keep walking down that road.

Kurieg posted:

Gideon Emery, he was also Balthier in FF12.

Think they asked for the other voice actor, who is Timothy Watson.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.
So in Shadowbringers I actually find that I'm really enjoying Ra'jit and Emet Selch as bad guys. They are both horrible monsters, but there is actually method to their madness compared to someone like Zenos who basically just murders people to get his jollies. It seems downright logical if you put yourself in their shoes. Ra'jit has been fighting the sin eaters all his life and has seen countless allies get killed in the process and now here's his chance to treat with them in an attempt to spare his people any further suffering if only these goddamned kids would stop killing the lightwardens and putting everyone on edge. I get the distinct impression that had things been different or had you arrived on the scene a few years earlier and there was a time where you could have convinced him to help your cause, but he's just so beaten down by the way the world is now that he's going to side with the literal monsters if that means his people get to see tomorrow. He's basically just an exceptionally skilled jobber.

As to the latter Emet Selch has lived long enough to know how the world was before the sundering when *everyone* was immortal, not just the ascians. By comparison to what he knew in his *young* life, the short lived angry squabbling people of today would seem like shades of the sort of people he knew. Mind you he's an unreliable narrator about how things really were because all his motivations stem from nostalgia which certainly colors how you remember events. I think there actually was more squabbling and fighting in the united world than he lets on. Keep in mind, half of the population went and summoned Zodiark when they were faced with a global crisis and it seems the other half's response was to summon Hydelyn to combat whatever it was that happened in Zodiark's wake, so the people back then certainly were not united in purpose. All we have is Emet's word that people got along and everything was good back in the day. He's basically an immortal baby-boomer ranting and raving about how everything sucks now wanting to return the planet to a romanticized version that in all due likelyhood either never existed to begin with and using flimsy justification to make everyone else's lives as lovely as possible..

DeathSandwich fucked around with this message at 14:10 on Jul 12, 2019

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

I made a free trial character on a whim a couple weeks ago and got into Excalibur. I'm a lv13 Lancer :)

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

DeathSandwich posted:

So in Shadowbringers I actually find that I'm really enjoying Ra'jit and Emet Selch as bad guys. They are both horrible monsters, but there is actually method to their madness compared to someone like Zenos who basically just murders people to get his jollies. It seems downright logical if you put yourself in their shoes. Ra'jit has been fighting the sin eaters all his life and has seen countless allies get killed in the process and now here's his chance to treat with them in an attempt to spare his people any further suffering if only these goddamned kids would stop killing the lightwardens and putting everyone on edge. I get the distinct impression that had things been different or had you arrived on the scene a few years earlier and there was a time where you could have convinced him to help your cause, but he's just so beaten down by the way the world is now that he's going to side with the literal monsters if that means his people get to see tomorrow.

As to the latter Emet Selch has lived long enough to know how the world was before the sundering when *everyone* was immortal, not just the ascians. By comparison to what he knew in his *young* life, the short lived angry squabbling people of today would seem like shades of the sort of people he knew. Mind you he's an unreliable narrator about how things really were because all his motivations stem from nostalgia which certainly colors how you remember events. I think there actually was more squabbling and fighting in the united world than he lets on. Keep in mind, half of the population went and summoned Zodiark when they were faced with a global crisis and it seems the other half's response was to summon Hydelyn to combat whatever it was that happened in Zodiark's wake, so the people back then certainly were not united in purpose. All we have is Emet's word that people got along and everything was good back in the day. He's basically an immortal baby-boomer ranting and raving about how everything sucks now wanting to return the planet to a romanticized version that in all due likelyhood either never existed to begin with and using flimsy justification to make everyone else's lives as lovely as possible..

Ran'jit makes the point to Thancred that he raised and taught countless Minifilias to fight only to watch them die, and he sees himself as the current Minifilia's true protector and only wants her to be safe. The futility of trying to fight the Sin Eaters in a never ending war and seeing his protege die every time broke him

I wish they would do more with that and him, because it's one of the only interesting and humanizing things we get about that situation.

TulliusCicero fucked around with this message at 14:22 on Jul 12, 2019

VanillaGorilla
Oct 2, 2003

CYBEReris posted:

I think that the level of grind creates a functional disconnect in intentions. On the one hand the slow and steady leveling of your trusts seems meant to incentivize joining the DF queues, while on the other hand it demands that you invest time into doing more trusts if you want to ever be able to use them for more dungeons.

Yeah, I don't think that Trusts - even if they were easy to level to 80 post-MSQ - would lead to a real issue for DF times. DF groups will always, in general, be more efficient (outside of DPS queue times).

What Trusts DO do a really nice job of is providing you with a relatively low-stress opportunity to learn your job/role in a real dungeon scenario. Might take you longer to get through, but you get to practice your rotation, or tanking, or healing without having to worry about some pub-star reaming you out for not being perfect on your first time through a dungeon.

After thinking it through I'm not sure that the current system really makes sense. They probably should just have had the post-MSQ trusts act exactly like they did during the MSQ (level-adjusted to each dungeon), which is how it works in FFXI, I think.

faptown
Dec 6, 2008

Boogalo posted:

Excal is congested so even when players online drops, it will not unlock for character creation. For now if you want to play with goons, create a character on any other server on primal, chill in the discord and hop in some cross world linkshells. With world visit, you can even still chill at the houses.

I have an FC on Lamia that has another goon in it. If people want to join until Excalibur opens up just message me in game: Posasa Posa.

faptown fucked around with this message at 14:17 on Jul 12, 2019

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

VanillaGorilla posted:

After thinking it through I'm not sure that the current system really makes sense. They probably should just have had the post-MSQ trusts act exactly like they did during the MSQ (level-adjusted to each dungeon), which is how it works in FFXI, I think.

That makes the most sense to me, yeah. Having them always at the appropriate level for each MSQ dungeon while being unavailable for expert dungeons would let them fill their intended role without discouraging players from using the Duty Finder. As it is now, they're very all-or-nothing post-MSQ. You either stop using them entirely or sink tons of time into leveling then, which doesn't seem intentional.

Oxygen Deficiency
May 19, 2008

Another big plus for trusts was giving me the opportunity to absorb the new dungeon at my own pace. Like when I got to (shb dungeon 6 spoilers) the last room in Amaurot I spent 5 minutes taking screenshots cos it was gorgeous.

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

A smile better suits a hero

Tashilicious posted:

the VA direction in ARR is just plan bad. It's attrocious. It feels like they literally didn't have direction for a lot of it.

It gets a lot better in HW and SB and then, loving somehow, it got even *better* in ShB.

The pseudo-RP accents make them all sound like bad community theatre performers and ARR Minfilia might have the absolute worst VO work I have ever heard. The Urianger too is just swallowed alive by his stupid faux-Elizabethan writing. Everything about the HW dialogue has been a night and day improvement.

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

Urianger is the biggest loving dork, and that's why he is the best. Even the other Scions just roll their eyes at him when he speaks

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST

Harrow posted:

I'm not sure how big of an issue the above is, and maybe it was unavoidable. I do think it has some unfortunate consequences for some of the best parts of the story, though.

Honestly I think Emet's complete inability to ever stop his course makes him more tragic. We know he is tempered by Zodiark sure, but the effects of that appear to be different for everyone. We never saw Lahabrea as sad. I don't think we see Elidibus expressing any grief. We definitely haven't seen any evidence of them building a recreation of their home for them to retreat to when scared or otherwise hurt. Emet is driven to want to bring Zodiark back, but trying to recruit the Warrior of Light to find some semblance of kinship after centuries of being alone is all him.

And YMMV sure, but the fact that he's tempered stuck with me in that climax. So many people have expressed that he makes a point and you wish he'd listen to reason. It's not just that he won't. He can't. I think of that when he asks you to remember him and his people. Your WoL smiles, nods, and receives a smile in return. To me that moment feels like acknowledging that he couldn't stop and forgiving him.

We will have to see what role Hydaelyn plays in all this. She is still mysterious. Maybe she tempered Minfilia? Maybe nobody has noticed her effect because she's already been summoned and we don't do anything to steal aether from her? It's something for the patches to tackle after the Scions get home, I think.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

TulliusCicero posted:

Ran'jit makes the point to Thancred that he raised and taught countless Minifilias to fight only to watch them die, and he sees himself as the current Minifilia's true protector and only wants her to be safe. The futility of trying to fight the Sin Eaters in a never ending war and seeing his protege die every time broke him

She's not just his protege. He makes it clear in several conversations that he considered her his daughter. Imagine raising a child intimately enough that you consider her family, sending her to fight in a hopeless war, and, in all likelihood, see her die screaming as she's torn apart by horrors... and then having to do the same thing, with a new child who looks exactly the same, for multiple generations. Can't exactly blame him for flipping so readily when Vauthry showed up.

Much like how Emet-Selch is your dark reflection, Ran'jit is Thancred's. He's a controlling, overbearing father figure who's "protecting" Ryne solely to serve his own interests (not wanting to lose his daughter again), just as Thancred is a controlling, overbearing father figure who's "protecting" Ryne solely to serve his own interests (keeping her alive as a replacement for the daughter he lost in Minfilia). It's why I think Thancred vs. Ran'jit is one of the high moments of the story for me, because it's Thancred metaphorically fighting himself.

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

rantmo posted:

The pseudo-RP accents make them all sound like bad community theatre performers and ARR Minfilia might have the absolute worst VO work I have ever heard. The Urianger too is just swallowed alive by his stupid faux-Elizabethan writing. Everything about the HW dialogue has been a night and day improvement.

It's been years since I've been subjected to it but I will never get over how ARR Minfilia's English VA is like an alien attempting to communicate in English without ever having heard it spoken before.

Cid may only be the second worst ARR voice but you can potentially still encounter it if you make the mistake of running Praetorium so he might still get the award for being the most awful.

Merlwyb in ARR was a delight and the one real loss from changing studios, but the character has been such a non entity since then that it doesn't really matter.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Harrow posted:

On the whole, Shadowbringers is maybe the best FF story ever written, but I do think it made one major misstep.

(gigantic MSQ spoilers)

I think bringing up the concept of tempering in the context of Zodiark and Hydaelyn was a mistake, because no matter what, it's either going to take a lot more explaining about what being tempered by them even means, or it undercuts some of the most interesting themes and characters in a really unfortunate way. Take Emet-Selch, for example. During Shadowbringers, we see how much the loss of his home pains him, how badly he wants his people back, and that he actually did make a good faith attempt to move on but just couldn't. While we still absolutely have to stop him, we can come to understand that he's motivated not by greed or just plain formless evil, but by pain and fear and loneliness.

But no, actually he's just tempered by Zodiark. Trying to move on was never going to work because that's not what Zodiark wants. He might think he's motivated by his pain and loneliness, but actually he's just motivated by being Zodiark's puppet.

Is that what the writers intended? I don't know. And it's not how I want to read Emet-Selch, either. I've noticed most discussion of him just avoids addressing what it means to be tempered by Zodiark in the first place, which is probably for the best, because as soon as you have to confront that he says Zodiark tempered him (and Emet-Selch never lies, remember), you have to start wondering what parts of Emet-Selch's actions were his own free will and what parts were just Zodiark tugging at the strings. And that kind of sucks.

Or maybe being tempered by Zodiark is different? Maybe it just gives him power, or maybe it just amplifies those negative feelings without actually taking away his free will? Something like that? But if that's the case (and if it's ever brought up), it might feel arbitrary.

Similarly, I think the story absolutely has to address whether Hydaelyn tempered her summoners, too. There are a lot of ways around this if they wanted to--maybe Hydaelyn, being so powerful, can choose whether or not to temper people, or maybe she did temper her summoners but that went away when they were sundered (unlike the unsundered Ascians), or something else--but I think it's going to have to be addressed directly at some point.

I'm not sure how big of an issue the above is, and maybe it was unavoidable. I do think it has some unfortunate consequences for some of the best parts of the story, though.

Emet-Selch claiming he (and therefore you) were tempered but just using that as an excuse for his behavior would nicely parallel the Eulmore plot so I wouldn't fully go down this path yet.

UHD
Nov 11, 2006

SonicRulez posted:

Honestly I think Emet's complete inability to ever stop his course makes him more tragic. We know he is tempered by Zodiark sure, but the effects of that appear to be different for everyone. We never saw Lahabrea as sad. I don't think we see Elidibus expressing any grief. We definitely haven't seen any evidence of them building a recreation of their home for them to retreat to when scared or otherwise hurt. Emet is driven to want to bring Zodiark back, but trying to recruit the Warrior of Light to find some semblance of kinship after centuries of being alone is all him.

And YMMV sure, but the fact that he's tempered stuck with me in that climax. So many people have expressed that he makes a point and you wish he'd listen to reason. It's not just that he won't. He can't. I think of that when he asks you to remember him and his people. Your WoL smiles, nods, and receives a smile in return. To me that moment feels like acknowledging that he couldn't stop and forgiving him.

We will have to see what role Hydaelyn plays in all this. She is still mysterious. Maybe she tempered Minfilia? Maybe nobody has noticed her effect because she's already been summoned and we don't do anything to steal aether from her? It's something for the patches to tackle after the Scions get home, I think.

I preferred the theory that emet-selch is not tempered and neither is anyone blessed by hydaelyn. emet-selch is just using tempering as an excuse for his actions and his unwillingness to let go of his past. he doesn’t have to lie to you in order to believe that. hydaelyn isn’t tempering anyone either because if she was then minifilia’s whole arc, her character development, and everything branching from it makes no sense and is utterly pointless

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

SonicRulez posted:

This perspective definitely helps a lot. Thanks.

As for Hydaelyn: Minfilia definitely does seem pretty tempered in retrospect. Maybe one of the most important things about passing her power to Ryne is that Ryne has never physically been in Hydaelyn's presence and isn't tempered by her--she's free in a way Minfilia couldn't be.

As for whether the WoL is tempered, I kinda doubt it, but it's hard to be sure. If nothing else, the way the Warriors of Darkness were used by the Ascians probably wouldn't have been possible if they were tempered, and the WoL is in basically the same situation as they were. My guess is that it Hydaelyn tempered her original summoners, that stopped counting once they were all sundered and eventually aged and died.

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

Also, tempering is just a different version of corruption which is lazy writing and has been, historically, the mainstay of World of Warcraft so it'd be a real punch in the dick if all the interesting plot elements of FFXIV are hand-waved by 'corruption'.

Magil Zeal
Nov 24, 2008

If anyone's like me and getting around to leveling your DoHs now and saved all the MSQ/sidequest gear coffers, many pieces of gear can be turned in for leves and you can manipulate what gear you get by changing jobs before opening the box. It doesn't matter what level the job is; so even if say you have a level 32 ninja you can open a Deepgold Leg Gear Coffer, acquire the ilevel 395 Iridescent Bottoms of Scouting and turn them in for the levequest "Legs for Days".

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

UHD posted:

I preferred the theory that emet-selch is not tempered and neither is anyone blessed by hydaelyn. emet-selch is just using tempering as an excuse for his actions and his unwillingness to let go of his past. he doesn’t have to lie to you in order to believe that. hydaelyn isn’t tempering anyone either because if she was then minifilia’s whole arc, her character development, and everything branching from it makes no sense and is utterly pointless

Regarding Minfilia, if she willingly allowed herself to become tempered, knowing what it meant, I think it still works for her character arc, especially now that she has passed her power to Ryne. But I probably shouldn't assume anything until we know more about how different primal-type summons are when they're as powerful as the Big Two.

Failboattootoot
Feb 6, 2011

Enough of this nonsense. You are an important mayor and this absurd contraption has wasted enough of your time.

Thundarr posted:

It's been years since I've been subjected to it but I will never get over how ARR Minfilia's English VA is like an alien attempting to communicate in English without ever having heard it spoken before.

Cid may only be the second worst ARR voice but you can potentially still encounter it if you make the mistake of running Praetorium so he might still get the award for being the most awful.

Merlwyb in ARR was a delight and the one real loss from changing studios, but the character has been such a non entity since then that it doesn't really matter.

ARR Urianger was also better, but this isn't a slight on current Urianger who I think still does a pretty great job.

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

I don't like that theory because Emet is self serving but always sincere. I don't think he'd deliberately lie about being tempered, particularly because it's a tangential point. Even if he isn't tempered, he absolutely believes he is and acts accordingly.

Tempering doesn't turn you into a mindless zombie, but it does affect your decision making process. It's possible he might have laid the past to rest long ago if he was able to. So him being tempered can actually enhance the tragedy in his story rather than saying "he has no free will so his entire arc is invalid".

Potato Jones
Apr 9, 2007

Clever Betty

TulliusCicero posted:

Urianger is the biggest loving dork, and that's why he is the best. Even the other Scions just roll their eyes at him when he speaks

5.0 incidental quest dialogue:

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Regarding this latest topic, another possibility is that tempering doesn't work the way we've been told, because there seems to be a lot of indirect evidence that "primals," as in the recurring phenomenon that we've been fighting, may not be the end-all be-all of the entire phenomenon. Indeed I bet you the Ascians deliberately made an e-z-to-use version of the summoning procedure that deliberately ravaged the land and hosed people up in order to goad the beast tribes into war with Eorzeans and eventually Garlemald.

I mean, the Burn wasn't actually drained dry by summoning. That's bullshit. All the guys out East don't seem to work anything like that. They specifically say the Mog-guard aren't tempered. Ramuh himself seems to perceive that tempering is something that happens to the sylphs who constantly hang around him.

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

Thundarr posted:

I don't like that theory because Emet is self serving but always sincere. I don't think he'd deliberately lie about being tempered, particularly because it's a tangential point. Even if he isn't tempered, he absolutely believes he is and acts accordingly.

Tempering doesn't turn you into a mindless zombie, but it does affect your decision making process. It's possible he might have laid the past to rest long ago if he was able to. So him being tempered can actually enhance the tragedy in his story rather than saying "he has no free will so his entire arc is invalid".

The most powerful thing Emet says honestly is when he calls out the Scions for trying to get him to give up his plans and try living among mortals. His response of "I tried that: a thousand times over, I saw friends and loved ones die and eventually your greed or your ambition fucks things up every time." "Half of my people were willing to give up their lives to save the other half, can you say that your world's people could even begin to approach that number?!" Was genuinely from a hurt place, and you can see Emet's pain and regret. He can't see a timeline or way of things ever working out, because he has seen so many failures, and if he is tempered, Zodiark's influence certainly didn't help. :smith:

TulliusCicero fucked around with this message at 15:40 on Jul 12, 2019

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

TulliusCicero posted:

my mom came in my room at one point while i was doing MSQ and she said "oh HE has a nice dress"

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

I think we can all agree that your mom has a good eye for dresses.

SmallpoxJenkins
Jul 9, 2012

Just did a Palace of the Dead run, and I have no idea what the hell I was supposed to be doing, aside from killing stuff

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST

Harrow posted:

This perspective definitely helps a lot. Thanks.

As for Hydaelyn: Minfilia definitely does seem pretty tempered in retrospect. Maybe one of the most important things about passing her power to Ryne is that Ryne has never physically been in Hydaelyn's presence and isn't tempered by her--she's free in a way Minfilia couldn't be.

As for whether the WoL is tempered, I kinda doubt it, but it's hard to be sure. If nothing else, the way the Warriors of Darkness were used by the Ascians probably wouldn't have been possible if they were tempered, and the WoL is in basically the same situation as they were. My guess is that it Hydaelyn tempered her original summoners, that stopped counting once they were all sundered and eventually aged and died.

Yeah I feel pretty confident the story won't go down the route of the WoL being tempered. People would immediately have an adverse reaction to that even if they spent the time to narratively contextualize that plot point. Nobody would give it a chance. I want to talk to Zodiark. He's got a story to tell. Some of the primals are dicks certainly, but he might be like Ramuh and just talk to us.

TulliusCicero posted:

The most powerful thing Emet says honestly is when he calls out the Scions for trying to get him to give up his plans and try living among mortals. His response of "I tried that: a thousand times over, I saw friends and loved ones die and eventually your greed or your ambition fucks things up every time." "Half of my people were willing to give up their lives willingly to save the other half, can you say that your world's people could even begin to approach that number?!" Was genuinely from a hurt place, and you can see Emet's pain and regret. He can't see a timeline or way of things ever working out, because he has seen so many failures, and if he is tempered, Zodiark's influence certainly didn't help. :smith:

Very very good writing. That's why I think the tempering adds to the tragedy. He did try to move on. He just couldn't. The nagging sense at the back of his mind that these people suck and it was better before. Maybe if he summoned moondad things would be better again. The worst kind of nostalgia.

UHD
Nov 11, 2006

SmallpoxJenkins posted:

Just did a Palace of the Dead run, and I have no idea what the hell I was supposed to be doing, aside from killing stuff

that’s pretty much it

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

I think my favorite thing about Shadowbringers is that it took what used to be my least favorite elements of FFXIV's plot (specifically, the "all powerful dark evil cult" Ascians and the whole Warriors of Darkness/light is also bad plot) and completely redeemed them for me. I kinda had low expectations for Shadowbringers because I knew I wasn't really into this side of the story, and by halfway through it had turned around completely.

Veib
Dec 10, 2007

The best Urianger moment in Shadowbringers is when even he can't believe that Thancred actually listened to (some of) his bullshit lectures about the Fae culture.

Kanfy
Jan 9, 2012

Just gotta keep walking down that road.
Urianger's Japanese voice is also weird if you're used to the English one, he's voiced by Kenichirō "KENN" Ōhashi (who also voices Wedge) and he sounds like two decades younger than the English one. Probably goes both ways though.

Sleng Teng
May 3, 2009

Magil Zeal posted:

If anyone's like me and getting around to leveling your DoHs now and saved all the MSQ/sidequest gear coffers, many pieces of gear can be turned in for leves and you can manipulate what gear you get by changing jobs before opening the box. It doesn't matter what level the job is; so even if say you have a level 32 ninja you can open a Deepgold Leg Gear Coffer, acquire the ilevel 395 Iridescent Bottoms of Scouting and turn them in for the levequest "Legs for Days".

My DoH jobs won't be reaching 70 anytime soon but I'll be sure to remember to use all the coffers for this when they are. Thanks for the tip!

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011
Hey I'm bumming along through the plot without really stopping to do side errands for most people so I may have missed this already but can someone outline this anti dragon holy war Ishgard seems to be conducting without being too spoilery? I'm still on route to grabbing the airship.

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

Caidin posted:

Hey I'm bumming along through the plot without really stopping to do side errands for most people so I may have missed this already but can someone outline this anti dragon holy war Ishgard seems to be conducting without being too spoilery? I'm still on route to grabbing the airship.

Centuries old blood feud without spoiling anything

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.

TulliusCicero posted:

I loving love that in 5.0 even the Fae folk think he's a big loving weirdo. When trickster pixies think you're weird, you're really loving weird. Also apparently in one of the quest lines he tricks the pixies into making tea for him because they think he hates it and is just being polite in drinking it.

Uriangier is basically FFXIV's equivalent of the guy at the Ren faire who gets way, way to serious about it.

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

A smile better suits a hero

TulliusCicero posted:

Oh totally, but his ARR performer was loving plodding. The little I've heard of him in HW is much better because he just, y'know, talks. He's still a colossal doofus but he gets on with it. Same with Midgardsormr the more overwrought and ye olde your dialogue is, the less you should belabor it.

ChaseSP
Mar 25, 2013

Uriangier is an old and mighty sorcerer and you will do your best to seek his guidance.

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

Man-toya

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

DeathSandwich posted:

I loving love that in 5.0 even the Fae folk think he's a big loving weirdo. When trickster pixies think you're weird, you're really loving weird. Also apparently in one of the quest lines he tricks the pixies into making tea for him because they think he hates it and is just being polite in drinking it.

Uriangier is basically FFXIV's equivalent of the guy at the Ren faire who gets way, way to serious about it.

Uriangier is that guy who gets WAY too into his dnd character