Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
OBVIOUSLY not all white South African are racist shitheads, much like not all Americans are terrible.

Doesn't make it any less of a "Demon Cracker Nation".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kim Justice
Jan 29, 2007

Junpei Hyde posted:

She sold her pee which would be a legendary tier grift from literally anyone who didn't sell other people's nudes without consent

Apparently that was a fake thing and some folks made a shop under her name to sell the Gamer Pee. Because that's just what happens these days! *

*Which is kind of another thing Belle does, like she sells bathwater and says "Well I'm doing it because that's just what the Internet and society is like now! Cuh, I dunno eh?". Not only does she sell her bathwater, but she tries to sell her bathwater ironically. Which is surely some sort of crime somewhere. That and yeah, this selling of nudes

Archer666
Dec 27, 2008

Fil5000 posted:

Ooh, I remember Oni coming out and playing it a fair bit, so I'll give this a watch. Didn't the levels end up mediocre and empty because they designed them like actual buildings instead of areas that were fun to do stuff in?

Yeah, that was a major selling point at the time. Levels designed by real architects. Which, while a neat point at the time, meant that they werent designed to be super fun or memorable.

I completed the game like six times as a kid and barely remember any level.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe
I remember more that the game was constantly delayed and still felt half finished when it was done.

Also the cut mp due to technical issues. The engine supposedly did per pixel combat physics which wasn't friendly to dial up.

(Now I'm reminded of the tech mess that is Star Citizen's net code)

Catgirl Al Capone
Dec 15, 2007

Kim Justice posted:

We've been pretty incredulous about her acts though so I dunno where you're coming from here. Dunno why you're defending lame generalisations when we can just, like, look at the things she does. Like, this is a woman who sells bathwater, actively caters to really creepy folk including likely paedos, makes videos where she screws around with a literal dead octopus, has all sorts of drama and other nasty poo poo in the recent past (not sure where the TERF accusations come from, but it's not like I don't believe them), why do we need to go "oh well ALL white South Africans are racist" when it's kinda rubbish and it's in the context of bloody Belle Delphine?

all white south africans have materially benefited from settler colonialism and apartheid even if they make the conscious effort to reject and fight back against it - which is a good thing, but only further damns the environment they're rejecting. next you'll be saying not ALL cops are bastards.

Dean of Swing
Feb 22, 2012
God dammit I cant believe I forgot to link the song

https://youtu.be/aeDk6ZeGNnU

Kim Justice
Jan 29, 2007

CYBEReris posted:

all white south africans have materially benefited from settler colonialism and apartheid even if they make the conscious effort to reject and fight back against it - which is a good thing, but only further damns the environment they're rejecting. next you'll be saying not ALL cops are bastards.

I don't see how the example you put at the end is comparable, nor do I see how what you say = "all white South Africans are racist" which is just lame generalising.

Frankly I still don't know how this freaking conversation managed to come up when we're discussing some idiot who sells her pissy bathwater that none of you would even know was born in/from SA unless you'd looked it up on Famous Birthdays. It's a big bloody leap to say the least.

EDIT: I mean, it's not like there isn't a big problem with racism in South Africa. I'm not denying that nor do I think anyone else is. There's some loving horrible attitudes over there, not to mention ones from people who've emigrated...again, my GF can relay many times how she once met a fellow South African who immediately started ranting about the "kaffirs". Clearly that's emblematic of an attitude that if a white South African meets another white South African, there's a likelihood that suddenly they automatically feel comfortable enough to be racist around them because they assume a shared worldview. And increasing knowledge of that, discussing on such levels, is better than just spouting generalisations.

EDIT 2: It's also better in another thread. Perhaps we can go back to talking about her? Or something else? Anyone been selling their own literal stinky poo poo lately?

Kim Justice fucked around with this message at 15:30 on Jul 12, 2019

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

I want to bottle white fragility and sell it online but who would buy it when it's so easy to get for free

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

someone linked the song and still people are arguing.

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Free to roam the heavens in man's noble quest to investigate the weirdness of the universe!

I guess the mistake was insulting a specific nation's white people instead of just saying all white people are racist. Didn't realize there were so many apartheid stans.

Bakeneko
Jan 9, 2007

GrandpaPants posted:

I guess the mistake was insulting a specific nation's white people instead of just saying all white people are racist. Didn't realize there were so many apartheid stans.

Point out where and in what way anyone here was defending apartheid.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos
Seems kind of lazy to go after her being a white South African when it was perfectly poignant to make fun of her grift and maybe wonder about the less savory rumors about her conduct, but by all means let's spend a few pages pretending this is the height of comedy. :shrug:

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

anyway, she's british.

Kim Justice
Jan 29, 2007

GrandpaPants posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QGeMb1feGPg

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

Groovelord Neato posted:

anyway, she's british.

Worse in many ways.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Kim Justice posted:

We've been pretty incredulous about her acts though so I dunno where you're coming from here. Dunno why you're defending lame generalisations when we can just, like, look at the things she does. Like, this is a woman who sells bathwater, actively caters to really creepy folk including likely paedos, makes videos where she screws around with a literal dead octopus, has all sorts of drama and other nasty poo poo in the recent past (not sure where the TERF accusations come from, but it's not like I don't believe them), why do we need to go "oh well ALL white South Africans are racist" when it's kinda rubbish and it's in the context of bloody Belle Delphine?

I shouldn’t have personalized it in a way that could be harmful to individual people. I apologize.

I also kind of feel like it’s relatively uncontroversial to laugh reflexively at the horror of settler colonial cultures which have done terrible things and not really changed in ways that stop terrible things from happening. This might not be the place for that kind of discourse, though.

To their credit, South Africa does not currently operate concentration camps as far as I know, unlike my settler country or some others I could think of.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
I should note I wasn't bringing it up as related to anything else, I just felt like the fact that she's descended from a historically really awful settler group (and thus pretty likely to have some nasty chud tendencies, if not eventually go full-on in that direction) was just an extra poo poo-cherry on top of the garbage cake

Apparently I really should not have said that judging by the parade of people coming in all like "NOT ALL SOUTH AFRICANS" as if I was saying it's literally physically impossible for one to be a decent human (I mean, loving clearly not, Neill Blomkamp owns)

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

noted not-racist afrikaaner Neill Blomkamp

Bakeneko
Jan 9, 2007

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

I should note I wasn't bringing it up as related to anything else, I just felt like the fact that she's descended from a historically really awful settler group (and thus pretty likely to have some nasty chud tendencies, if not eventually go full-on in that direction) was just an extra poo poo-cherry on top of the garbage cake

Apparently I really should not have said that judging by the parade of people coming in all like "NOT ALL SOUTH AFRICANS" as if I was saying it's literally physically impossible for one to be a decent human (I mean, loving clearly not, Neill Blomkamp owns)

You may not have said it was physically impossible, but you did say she was “basically guaranteed” to either be an alt-righter or turn into one because of her birthplace.

It’s possible that someone might have picked up some bad views as part of their cultural upbringing. I fact, I’d say that applies to most people. No culture is perfect, and no person is entirely free of cultural influence. But you still shouldn’t act like every individual is defined by the worst thing their culture has done. Otherwise it’s not so different from the likes of Sargon condemning all Muslims because of the human rights problems in some Muslim countries.

Mr.Radar
Nov 5, 2005

You guys aren't going to believe this, but that guy is our games teacher.
Adam Neely explores whether there's any merit behind the "Flat Earth"-style conspiracy of the musical world where some people are convinced all our music is wrong because they think A is supposed to be tuned to 432 Hz instead of the standard 440:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ghUs-84NAAU

Bakeneko
Jan 9, 2007

Anyway here’s something I hope we can all agree on: Saban’s attempt at a Western Sailor Moon remake was amusingly silly, as Red Bard demonstrates.

I'm not sure if Red Bard has been mentioned in this thread before, but if not then consider this a recommendation for her entire channel. She talks about anime-related stuff, while asking the important questions like “Can you live entirely off of Evangelion Merchandise?

Bakeneko fucked around with this message at 19:15 on Jul 12, 2019

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

lol this thread owns

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

littleorv posted:

lol this thread owns

Little Orb.

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

Archer666 posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ggC6kfJJE_w

GmanLives looks at Oni, the game Bungie made right before they became a Halo factory. Oni's one of the games I really wish got a proper sequel. It played really well, even if the level design was kinda mediocre.

I like gmanlives videos because he covers some old and weird fpses at times but i made the terrible mistake of ignoring my "never join youtube discords" and entered his. Good god i hate the people in there. Some dude even went like u know theres studies about jews being murderers. I ask for proof and he links me an article by a site comparabls to the daily stormerv and in the "sources" part they link themselves, and this loving dumbass thinking its some deep rear end sociological investigative reporting. It took like 10 minutes of calling him a poo poo for brains before he relented. Not to mention constantly doing the hilarious thing of replacing one letter in slurs. These kids need to be grounded eternally.

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

Mr.Radar posted:

Adam Neely explores whether there's any merit behind the "Flat Earth"-style conspiracy of the musical world where some people are convinced all our music is wrong because they think A is supposed to be tuned to 432 Hz instead of the standard 440:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ghUs-84NAAU
Triple post but adam neely is great

Terrible Opinions
Oct 18, 2013

All I know about gmanlives is his review of blood fresh supply that seemed to be an entirely different game than what I was playing at the time.

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
He seems ok but the fact he enables that in his official discord makes me think hes a dumbass.

Archer666
Dec 27, 2008

littleorv posted:

lol this thread owns

This thread is closing in ever so slightly to being the next Hellthread, which pleases me since it means the time draws closer when I can unleash even more twinks onto SA.

ArfJason posted:

I like gmanlives videos because he covers some old and weird fpses at times but i made the terrible mistake of ignoring my "never join youtube discords" and entered his. Good god i hate the people in there. Some dude even went like u know theres studies about jews being murderers. I ask for proof and he links me an article by a site comparabls to the daily stormerv and in the "sources" part they link themselves, and this loving dumbass thinking its some deep rear end sociological investigative reporting. It took like 10 minutes of calling him a poo poo for brains before he relented. Not to mention constantly doing the hilarious thing of replacing one letter in slurs. These kids need to be grounded eternally.

And this is why the only interaction I have with content creators is their yt videos. I dont care about his Discord page, nor do I care about SMonroe's twitter presence, to name an example that people got pissed off at when I linked it.. I just like their vids.

Archer666 fucked around with this message at 22:00 on Jul 12, 2019

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

ArfJason posted:

Little Orb.

Arp Jason

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

Archer666 posted:

And this is why the only interaction I have with content creators is their yt videos. I dont care about his Discord page, nor do I care about SMonroe's twitter presence, to name an example that people got pissed off at when I linked it.. I just like their vids.

yeah, i have never joined any of these things before but i assumed gman was not known enough (at least back then) so as to not be overrun by the worst sub reddit-tier epic kek bitches that are infesting the internet and also thought you can't have 13 year olds in the server of a guy who reviews FPS games so old they are on pensions, but boy was i wrong as soon as i saw someone busting nuts about his "Loud Family Gore Fic with Sex In It" and the mods going on about cucks and faggots and (((them))) and whatnot. Epic poo poo.

The Chad Jihad
Feb 24, 2007

My only runin with ggmanlives was some Duke video where he took a swipe at feminists so I decided if I ever needed to watch a retro fps tube I'd instead go with civie especially since he has dropped his gimmick almost entirely

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
havent watched him since i experienced that fail aids discord in person, so i'll take your word for it. Also i think i saw that civvie guy. Is he good? I think it might have been a necrovision video or smth

The Chad Jihad
Feb 24, 2007

I think he's pretty good, he's got a nice mix of information/gameplay tips and jokes with kind of a dry humor. His older videos have more vignettes based off of his gimmick (a disembodied head being tortured by robots to play video games in space) but it's pretty light/nonexistent in his newer stuff

ICARUSLIV3S is another good one, he mostly does weird and popular doom mods

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
oh yeah i remember icaruslives, he covered the mirrored doom joke megawad and that was cool

will give them a look

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

sexpig by night posted:

the one way to make this thread genuinely angry, talk about star wars or make a joke about a white demographic

The other way to do it is to say not all whites

Max Wilco
Jan 23, 2012

I'm just trying to go through life without looking stupid.

It's not working out too well...
Just remember: when all else fails, we can still mock the Canadians.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KJu5XrKzs5U

We can also maybe mock Australians/New Zealanders
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uLIZcJjGalI

The Chad Jihad posted:

My only runin with ggmanlives was some Duke video where he took a swipe at feminists so I decided if I ever needed to watch a retro fps tube I'd instead go with civie especially since he has dropped his gimmick almost entirely

I thought saw another gggmanlives link posted a few pages back, and having watched a share of his content in the past, I was wondering how long it would be before someone pointed out how gggmanlives tends to drop takes of those types on occasion in his videos.

Also, I think he downgraded, because he username was 'gggmanlives'. Now it's 'gmanlives'. He lost two of the Gs.

Archer666 posted:

This thread is closing in ever so slightly to being the next Hellthread, which pleases me since it means the time draws closer when I can unleash even more twinks onto SA.
Thread derails like these remind me about the video project I was started a few months back, and that I haven't put any more work into it.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

New Armchair Auteur video on the very current and relevant film Double Take starring Eddie Griffin and Orlando Jones.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f5EECwTWOVE

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.

Archer666 posted:

Don't worry, you don't need to join his Discord, because his fans will just beg him to review racist Doom wads and he'll go right ahead and do so because where would ggggggggggman be without his fanbase of edgy 12 year olds?

Mr.Radar
Nov 5, 2005

You guys aren't going to believe this, but that guy is our games teacher.
Super Bunnyhop explains media literacy and examines the state of gaming news and journalism today:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fYHrEp917MI

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

Civvie11 is a super good dude, not only is he a better retro shootman speaker, he's got an actual sense of humor and even his skit stuff tends to be quick and cute.