Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
-Blade
Trump
Doctor
Sex
Cake
View Results

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

FMguru posted:

The Bushido stuff has about as much to do with how real 15th-16th century samurai behaved as Victorian stories about King Arthur had for how medieval English knights acted.

more like

bullshitto

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ugato
Apr 9, 2009

We're not?

KiteAuraan posted:

drunken idiots screaming about their honor while slaving, murdering and dueling each other.

not sure why you’re excluding Klingons. Star Trek invented super booze just for them.

J.A.B.C.
Jul 2, 2007

There's no need to rush to be an adult.

Chokes McGee posted:

more like

bullshitto

Get outta here, Filthy Frank. Go back to making trap music.

Poniard
Apr 3, 2011

ContinuityNewTimes
Dec 30, 2010

Я выдуман напрочь

so how did that work out

ContinuityNewTimes
Dec 30, 2010

Я выдуман напрочь
literally just "this bad thing is actually good"

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Marxist-Jezzinist posted:

literally just "this bad thing is actually good"

it is

Poniard
Apr 3, 2011

i just wanted to post the more rare version of that

ContinuityNewTimes
Dec 30, 2010

Я выдуман напрочь

Poniard posted:

i just wanted to post the more rare version of that

sorry friend

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003
US women just won the World Cup and our smooth brained president must be loving livid

Doktor Avalanche
Dec 30, 2008

Just-In-Timeberlake posted:

US women just won the World Cup and our smooth brained president must be loving livid

he doesn't give a poo poo, just like he doesn't give a poo poo about 99% of things those "drumpf must be filled with rage about X" reference

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
Trump does care that’s his whole gimmick.

granted someone has to tell him about it first

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

Damage Case posted:

he doesn't give a poo poo, just like he doesn't give a poo poo about 99% of things those "drumpf must be filled with rage about X" reference

he does care because when asked if they would go to the WH if they won, team captain Megan Rapinoe (a lesbian no less) said they, and I quote, weren’t going to the loving White House

Suspicious
Apr 30, 2005
You know he's the villain, because he's got shifty eyes.
if trump truly didn't care he wouldn't surround himself with yesmen

Militant Lesbian
Oct 3, 2002
the attitude of a toddler who can’t stand being told no

Doktor Avalanche
Dec 30, 2008

he does care because when asked if they would go to the WH if they won, team captain Megan Rapinoe (a lesbian no less) said they, and I quote, weren’t going to the loving White House

well that's different, maybe he will remember, I take back my post

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

Chokes McGee posted:

more like

bullshitto

unsheathes backsword

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

Damage Case posted:

well that's different, maybe he will remember, I take back my post

I also forgot that Rapinoe either knelt or refused to participate during the anthem for the entire World Cup, which drove chuds crazy, she’s badass as gently caress

https://www.today.com/news/megan-rapinoe-won-t-participate-national-anthem-during-world-cup-t156389

Crunchy Black
Oct 24, 2017

by Athanatos

I also forgot that Rapinoe either knelt or refused to participate during the anthem for the entire World Cup, which drove chuds crazy, she’s badass as gently caress

https://www.today.com/news/megan-rapinoe-won-t-participate-national-anthem-during-world-cup-t156389

hell yeah

Ferdinand Bardamu
Apr 30, 2013
too bad she's on minute 14 of her 15 minutes of fame.

we're stuck with trimp for another six years. lol

and kneeling during the anthem gets way more CHUDs pissed off than some twitter spat.

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

WaryWarren posted:

too bad she's on minute 14 of her 15 minutes of fame.

we're stuck with trimp for another six years. lol

and kneeling during the anthem gets way more CHUDs pissed off than some twitter spat.

there was also the part as soon as the game ended where the whole stadium was chanting "equal pay", so chalk up pissing off MRAs to the win total

Grevling
Dec 18, 2016

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

i once attended a wedding at houmas house, which at one time was the largest plantation on the mississippi

since i was p close to the bride's family we got to do the tour and hang out in the gentlemen's entertainment room, which included playing pool on a table whose legs were carved to look like slaves were holding it up

Fantasizing about being there and taking a sledgehammer to that table. I wouldn't have done that since I'm a little bitch but in my fantasies I'm doing that.

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

she also quotes Nipsy :allears:

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually
Kind of the inverse of what this thread is usually about, but I think it fits here:

https://twitter.com/BruceBartlett/status/1148964966051078144

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

FMguru posted:

Kind of the inverse of what this thread is usually about, but I think it fits here:

yes but think about how much richer a handful of people could've gotten being paid by the state to extract and export its wealth, how much they must suffer now that more money is being collected on the indolent rich and used to expand and enrich the lives of actual residents

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

all the money still ends up in the hands of a Walton heir it just buys someone some food and pays someone else’s rent before it gets there.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

FMguru posted:

apparently, according to this when I clicked through, California is the #50 in the nation of States Friendly to Business.

lol

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde
right behind new york lol

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

DACK FAYDEN posted:

apparently, according to this when I clicked through, California is the #50 in the nation of States Friendly to Business.

lol

I mean California only has the 5th biggest economy in the world

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
businesses hate operating in california because it has robust worker protections. that's pretty much it.

Okuteru
Nov 10, 2007

Choose this life you're on your own

Al! posted:

businesses hate operating in california because it has robust worker protections. that's pretty much it.

Still an at work state. But I suppose the one eyed man is king among the blind.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

Forceholy posted:

Still an at work state. But I suppose the one eyed man is king among the blind.

yeah, in this case "robust worker protections" just means things like "enforced meal periods" and "state actually investigates withholding of pay and overtime violations"

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

Al! posted:

yeah, in this case "robust worker protections" just means things like "enforced meal periods" and "state actually investigates withholding of pay and overtime violations"
Also "noncompete agreements are unenforceable" and "you must pay out unused PTO when someone leaves a job".

Cali has pretty strong renters/tenants protections, too.

pseudanonymous
Aug 30, 2008

When you make the second entry and the debits and credits balance, and you blow them to hell.
Really business-friendly and worker-friendly are opposite ends of a spectrum.

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

FMguru posted:

Also "noncompete agreements are unenforceable" and "you must pay out unused PTO when someone leaves a job".

Cali has pretty strong renters/tenants protections, too.

don't forget tipped staff must still be paid minimum wage, minimum paid sick leave requirements

aaaaand especially paid maternity and paternity leave which is only offered by three other states: jersey, mass and rhode island (and DC kinda) - though iirc new york and washington just started up paid leave programs, idk if they're active there yet

each new parent being able to take 7 paid weeks off is huge

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde
it's also worth pointing out that california has a p high rate of small businesses, female small business owners, and small business profitability

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Six of 2018's top ten best cities for small businesses are in California.

pseudanonymous
Aug 30, 2008

When you make the second entry and the debits and credits balance, and you blow them to hell.

The truth of these business rankings is they are pointless noise. There are so many ways to rank what's "good" for business, and so many bad "journalists" doing business rankings that they should all really be ignored.

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
The weightings should also be radically unequal, and they never are

Taxes literally don't matter, forex. Quality of life matters 0. Government incentives are basically only taken by grifters or tiny businesses which don't plan to grow. Educated as hell and large, dense population matters like 80, 90%. Rest is proximity to finance

LA, SF and NYC, basically, all year, every year

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

https://twitter.com/keithboykin/status/1149707791235526662?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

YOU'RE HURTING THE WRONG PEOPLE