Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012

Vandar posted:

Johto, in the Scizor episode. The one with the training dojo with the dude that used his computer to analyze battles and his master who hated him for doing it and wanted him to put his heart into battles instead.

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

Didn't Ash use his Heracross to win in that episode? and only because that dumbass kid was trying to use False Swipe to win but somehow his stupid computer didn't tell him that False Swipe doesn't KO?

That one, yeah: https://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/EP140

Although clearly the writer's intent there was that False Swipe is perfectly capable of KOing (the Japanese name is literally Strike with the Back of the Sword, so the error wouldn't have been as obvious to the writer as it would be to a dub viewer), and the computer just underestimated Heracross.

And I don't think James was being portrayed as a hacker in the sense he is in Best Wishes, either.

Bulbapedia posted:

Later, Ash drags Shingo away from his laptop, allowing Team Rocket to move in. Meowth plugs a cable into Shingo's laptop so that James can begin downloading the data. However, Jessie grabs the cable and tries to pull in the whole laptop.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

doctor iono
May 19, 2005

I LARVA YOU

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

>I can confirm that Gigantamaxing is real, there is a giga form to selected pokemon such as Charizard, Machamp, Jynx, and Piplup. You can fight them in an urban area.

>I saw two new pokemon, one of them is a pokemon titan, and it looks like a prehistoric black man, and it is exclusive to max raid battles.

uhh what

no fuckin way is that real

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

No matter how one loves, there are always different aims. Love can take a great many forms, whatever the era.
it's me. I'm the new gigantamax raid

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Funky Valentine posted:

There would, however, be an uptick in people who suddenly care about Qwilfish.

Choice band qwilfish owns on a rain team.

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_KDEmTUOsbA

1) what the heck is this?

2) is this an official game?

3) why is blastoise shooting water out of it's cannons instead of generic mouth beam?

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
^^^ It's a chinese bootleg. They have better animations because each Pokemon only has like 2 moves, and there are only ~50 of them.

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

So, I never saw much of BW. The twitch marathon was the most i ever saw, and that happened to include that stretch you mentioned. It was indeed way too fast.

Pokejungle is reporting on a rumor from early June, happened to reference Alcremie, but in a rather vague way, so could easily be fake. Nonetheless
Hi guys, I have leaks, it is your choice if you believe or not.

>Galar is completely huge, you know that there is a wild area, but there is also an ‘Urban area’ this is basically ‘open world’ of the city, you will meet a lot of people, and they will give you stuff and quests.

>I can confirm that Gigantamaxing is real, there is a giga form to selected pokemon such as Charizard, Machamp, Jynx, and Piplup. You can fight them in an urban area.

>I saw two new pokemon, one of them is a pokemon titan, and it looks like a prehistoric black man, and it is exclusive to max raid battles. The second one is just whipped cream.

>I know you are sad about the national dex, but the games are going to feature all the protagonists and rivals from main games in a unique facility, it called Battle all-stars. Some of them are getting new clothes, especially the guys from gen 4 and 5.

https://pokejungle.net/2019/07/11/rumor-this-4chan-post-predicted-alcremie-and-more/

"Whipped cream" is a generic enough description that I think it was just a lucky guess.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

They should get that chinese company, give it a halfway decent budget and let them make animations for a year or so, they'll crank up something decent for most mons and good-looking for a few dozens.

Again, everything is stolen from Pokemon Ga Ole.

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

Making his way to the ring . . .
from Deep in the Jungle . . .

The Big Monkey!

doctor iono posted:

uhh what

no fuckin way is that real

I'm pretty sure we aren't getting Giga Jinx and a black caveman Pokemon. That's way too many racisms in one.

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

The Bee posted:

I'm pretty sure we aren't getting Giga Jinx and a black caveman Pokemon. That's way too many racisms in one.

The actual quote said nothing about the prehistoric dude's race.....it might just be generic caveman sorta thing I dunno.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Flopsy posted:

The actual quote said nothing about the prehistoric dude's race.....it might just be generic caveman sorta thing I dunno.

...It literally says "black man"

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

RatHat posted:

The leak itself only says “prehistoric man”. When it was paraphrased here they added the race.

Maybe that came up in a separate post though, I dunno.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

qnqnx posted:

That would hold water if all Pokemon used the same animations and waaaaaaaaaait, didn't Pokemon have to be cut because of animations?

No Pokemon had to be cut because they had to get the game out faster. That was the given reason.

MonsterEnvy fucked around with this message at 08:01 on Jul 12, 2019

Amppelix
Aug 6, 2010

Had to, not wanted to. The Pokemon multimedia franchise train has no breaks.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

It's not that they cut pokemon in order to improve the animations, but rather that they had to resort to cutting pokemon because they couldn't cut anything more from the animations.

The removal of the national dex has been brewing for years. The scope of the project has been growing faster than their capacity to implement it at the desired pace, and because that situation couldn't continue forever, it didn't. That's not the kind of problem that you can simply throw money at. A team that expands too fast risks losing the qualities that make its output distinctive, which would kill the franchise faster than a conspicuous feature cut would.

Cryohazard
Feb 5, 2010
I'm starting to wonder if they revealed the disappointing bits earlier so they can cram in a few cool surprises to win people back, instead of doing so close to launch and have everyone flip the gently caress out because how dare they not include Luvdisc.

The animations suck but they always sucked.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

They're definitely saving some cool reveals for later because that's their usual plan, but I don't think their bad marketing was a secret strategy of sorts.

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll
New trailer:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pAGCLcx1AMM

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

I'm what the kids call: a big nerd

Farecoal posted:

Hau is real, and strong, and my friend
:yeah:

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

prehistoric man and gigajynx are real. whata time to be a trainer

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

I got this title for free due to my proximity to an idiot who wanted to save $5 on an avatar by having someone else spend $9.95 instead.

Well that torpedos the "Gigantmax'd Pikachu looks like retro fat Pikachu" thing :(

Annath
Jan 11, 2009

Batatouille is a great and funny play on words for a video game creature and I love silly words like these
Clever Betty

oddium posted:

prehistoric man and gigajynx are real. whata time to be a trainer

I didn't see either of those things in that trailer, unless you saw them somewhere else?

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

MinionOfCthulhu posted:

Well that torpedos the "Gigantmax'd Pikachu looks like retro fat Pikachu" thing :(

No it doesn't. They're probably just saving that reveal for later.

Zuzie
Jun 30, 2005

I got this for a Ratatta on GTS.

The website mentions that while most Pokemon can Dynamax, a few individuals of certain species are capable of Gigantamaxing.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Vandar posted:

No it doesn't. They're probably just saving that reveal for later.

Yeah the Gigantmax trailer had regular dynmaxed Alcremie and gigantmaxed Alcremie.

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

MinionOfCthulhu posted:

That's Dynamax Pikachu, not Gigantamax Pikachu.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

less laughter posted:

That's Dynamax Pikachu, not Gigantamax Pikachu.

I already hate this system

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

I'm what the kids call: a big nerd

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

I already hate this system
:same:

Balon
May 23, 2010

...my greatest work yet.

I sure am glad we’re getting Wobbeffet over (insert any other pokemon).

TeenageArchipelago
Jul 23, 2013

Flopsy posted:

Kind of wondering if it is something based off of Cheddar Man. idk, we'll see in a few months

https://www.theguardian.com/science/2018/feb/07/first-modern-britons-dark-black-skin-cheddar-man-dna-analysis-reveals

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

so I'm picking up on Let's Go Pikachu because I finally have some free time. Does it make sense to rotate different Pokemon in your party? there's a lot I want to use even though it's just Gen 1

this game is legit beautiful too, I love having the Box right in the bag too

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Silver2195 posted:

Is it just me, or did Ash's rematch with Lenora happen way too quickly? He took several episodes to get strong enough to win the rematch after his losses to Brawly and Roark, after all. But here he spent what appeared to be one day exercising with Tepig and Oshawott, and suddenly they're much faster and have new moves, and that's it for Lenora. Granted, the anime has never been especially consistent about training times (Character of the Day's Pokemon seem to evolve more quickly than main characters' Pokemon, for example), but it felt odd from a pacing perspective; it feels like a throwback to early Kanto, where Ash got his first few badges quickly and the result was vast quantities of filler between Koga and Blaine.

The pacing in early BW was weird - Ash catches Pidove incredibly early, then doesn't actually do anything with it for about 6 episodes (Which makes some of his losses understandable since he didn't bother training up his pokemon...)

The early gyms immediately launch into using end-game moves like Flamethrower and Giga Impact as well

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

RatHat posted:

SyntheticPolygon posted:

The leak itself only says “prehistoric man”. When it was paraphrased here they added the race.

Maybe that came up in a separate post though, I dunno.

This.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Vinylshadow posted:

The pacing in early BW was weird - Ash catches Pidove incredibly early, then doesn't actually do anything with it for about 6 episodes (Which makes some of his losses understandable since he didn't bother training up his pokemon...)

The early gyms immediately launch into using end-game moves like Flamethrower and Giga Impact as well

I mean, Taillow didn't become relevant until he evolved into Swellow, which is a considerable ways into AG

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

also, ranking Ash's generational birds:

1. Rowlet
2. Hawlucha
3. Talonflame
4. Staraptor
5. Swellow
6. Noctowl
7. Unfezant
8. Pidgeot

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

Nodosaur posted:

also, ranking Ash's generational birds:

1. Dawn
2. everybody else
Z. Serena

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

I hope Ash travels with the two version exclusive gym leaders in the next one

EthanSteele
Nov 18, 2007

I can hear you

less laughter posted:

1. Dawn
2. everybody else
Z. Serena

Now this is the Galar content I crave.

edit: pokemart gotta be a tesco express

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Considering the leak that's been proven true, he's probably traveling with Hop and Bede (a yet unrevealed rival character) if Bede turns out to be a girl.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

Carlosologist posted:

so I'm picking up on Let's Go Pikachu because I finally have some free time. Does it make sense to rotate different Pokemon in your party? there's a lot I want to use even though it's just Gen 1

this game is legit beautiful too, I love having the Box right in the bag too

I'd say yeah. Swapping pokemon around is somewhat easy here with the XP stuff, the candy and just how many pokemons you can get to play with. Then again, I sorta stopped playing the game a third of the way through, never bothered getting another badge after Surge and just did the stuff necessary for the pokeflute to get to Fushia City.

I recommend checking out the speedrun at this year's SGDQ, it's awesome just how out of order you can do things.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Isn't it usually one rival and one gym leader(and one kid), or two gym leaders?