Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Katamari Democracy
Jan 19, 2010

Guess what! :love:
Guess what this is? :love:
A Post, Just for you! :love:
Wedge Regret
Captain Blaargh already screams enough in discord for me to take the hint on not being a shithead in certain areas in certain maps. I got that going for me in the road to unicum

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bulky Bartokomous
Nov 3, 2006

In Mypos, only the strong survive.

McGavin posted:

Post some replays and we can tell you why you suck so much.

This is a pretty average game for me:
http://wotreplays.eu/site/4956210#kharkov-peakdantu-is-6

No clue why it's EU, I clicked USA. Anyways I'm chasing HT-15 on the second campaign currently. Last week when I was on HT-13, I had a game where I blocked 5800 and did 1200 damage in my IS-6. Now that I'm on the mission, no such luck. A few games ago I got to 5864 combined and the last enemy died while I was reloading. It was a flank shot on a Ferdinand. :negative:

Katamari Democracy
Jan 19, 2010

Wedge Regret
Had a few games in the Churchill III and I apologize for saying the KV-220-2 was my pick over that tank any day. Moved my best trained crew into it with platoons tonight with goons. lol

DiggityDoink
Dec 9, 2007

Katamari Democracy posted:

Had a few games in the Churchill III and I apologize for saying the KV-220-2 was my pick over that tank any day. Moved my best trained crew into it with platoons tonight with goons. lol

Yeah the Church III is great, I have like a 70% WR in it and I solo play all the time. The only time it's kinda blah is in t6 games but that just means you have to use gold ammo.

CitizenKain
May 27, 2001

That was Gary Cooper, asshole.

Nap Ghost

The KV-220-2 is good when its top tier because there is a good chance that a bunch of people can't damage you. At all.
The downside is, if you aren't top tier, you can't damage other tanks.

The ChurchIII gives no fucks and drives right at things while holding LMB.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"
T5 fixed MMs are always a ton of fun to platoon in because you have a high chance of affecting games working together and even in the situations where you get wiped out, you go back into the garage, get into another one, and keep playing.

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

JuffoWup posted:

Hey, remember that sudden reveal here about brit light tanks? It is coming in 3.6. Along with the removal of team damage.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NqEusOD6210

One thing I miss when never playing this game again, is how every video is narrated by an alien trying to imitate an american accent

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.

Control Volume posted:

One thing I miss when never playing this game again, is how every video is narrated by an alien trying to imitate an american accent

Isn't that a mechanical voice?

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

I like how there's a completely loving useless D-25T in the way of getting the top gun for the 53TP.

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

How the gently caress do I play the Cromwell? I do decently in the tier 8 schwarzpanther but every game in the Cromwell I get loving owned. I ragesold it last time I was playing and just bought it again now.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

SSJ_naruto_2003 posted:

How the gently caress do I play the Cromwell? I do decently in the tier 8 schwarzpanther but every game in the Cromwell I get loving owned. I ragesold it last time I was playing and just bought it again now.

Treat it more as a light tank fuckman that flanks and circles strafes big slow dummies.

JuffoWup
Mar 28, 2012

ZogrimAteMyHamster posted:

I like how there's a completely loving useless D-25T in the way of getting the top gun for the 53TP.

Could be worse, the is-4 has the d-25t in the way of its top gun... Even though you do research the top gun on the st-1.

Katamari Democracy
Jan 19, 2010

Wedge Regret

CitizenKain posted:

The KV-220-2 is good when its top tier because there is a good chance that a bunch of people can't damage you. At all.
The downside is, if you aren't top tier, you can't damage other tanks.

The ChurchIII gives no fucks and drives right at things while holding LMB.

Yeah like I was telling blaargh last night if I had the knowledge I know today back when I first tried that tank out I would have had some serious fun. But ol' me would stay in the back and try to snipe from the back like a jackass. Now I just walk up to tank's faces and slap them in the face with my turret. It's a funnytank

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
The British Lights are, well they're not good.

Dez thinks they're the worst line in the game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TjpRQjXbVOg

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

serious gaylord posted:

I would say I've tested them but the CT is invariably populated by wankers who sit around playing like poo poo exclusively at Tier X, so I've only tried the Manticore.

An astounding, battle-carrying 16 round capacity. Whew lad.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

I guess that enough to kill two Maus

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

BadLlama posted:

I guess that enough to kill two Maus

If you can loving hit them.

JuffoWup
Mar 28, 2012

serious gaylord posted:

I wonder if this is going to be another wheeled vehicle story. Where the initial test doesn't even closely match what they even describe it to be. And then the second or third wave has all the stats fixed so it can do what it is supposed to do.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

lol wargaming get your poo poo together

Bulky Bartokomous
Nov 3, 2006

Here's more of my typical games:

http://wotreplays.eu/site/4957396#studzianki-peakdantu-m46_patton

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

JuffoWup posted:

I wonder if this is going to be another wheeled vehicle story. Where the initial test doesn't even closely match what they even describe it to be. And then the second or third wave has all the stats fixed so it can do what it is supposed to do.

I don't know what you could do with those lights to make them playable really. They're just kind of poo poo at all levels.

Katamari Democracy
Jan 19, 2010

Wedge Regret

Bulky Bartokomous posted:

Here's more of my typical games:

Let's get this out of the way. The chat was hilarious.

E- Also please take this critique with a grain of salt. I do stupid poo poo all the time.

I'm watching it now and I would have done a couple things differently. The T55A you should have known from the map he was coming very close very fast. You running away from the north was a great idea in theory but you provided no backup to the already dumb rear end team mates the WT auf Pz.IV was doing (:wtc:)

That T55 A had you hosed because you failed to keep him in mind during the battle. That and your team mates did no help whatsoever. So I would not blame yourself 100% I would make that map bigger and do not underestimate where tanks were last seen. They are closer than you might think.

2Jets
Apr 25, 2010

You're gonna get no tip

Obj. 252u game on Kharkiv. You you dont need to push the 8 line and bring the lowe into the fight until you clear the 0 line. Dont let the VK100 and T-150 roll up behind your team.

M48 game on Mines. You're too slow to make the cross on to the hill. You lost all your HP to get up there and it wasnt worth it.

M46 game on Studzianki. Don't go to a flank alone. Your team can't help you on the hill from where they are. Don't sit out in the open.

Overall you're too aggressive. Slowing down will help you a lot. You lost all your hp in every game because you were exposed to multiple guns without any cover. Make your mini map bigger.

Katamari Democracy
Jan 19, 2010

Wedge Regret
Speaking of feedback. Guess what I got when I logged in?

I am not going to post every picture but you can read my honest opinions Here. It was mostly how I felt about Free XP and promotional times where you can exchange tanks.

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

Hellsau posted:

Isn't that a mechanical voice?

I have no clue because they use real voiceover artists in other videos and I dont understand why they would go through the effort of trying to make a robo voice sound almost normal

Katamari Democracy
Jan 19, 2010

Wedge Regret

Control Volume posted:

I have no clue because they use real voiceover artists in other videos and I dont understand why they would go through the effort of trying to make a robo voice sound almost normal

Those guys come straight out of fiver.

Darkrenown
Jul 18, 2012
please give me anything to talk about besides the fact that democrats are allowing millions of americans to be evicted from their homes
Since team damage always bounces now, I wonder if we'll be able to set up trick shots where you bounce rounds off allies who are pushing to hit the enemy around corners.

Katamari Democracy
Jan 19, 2010

Wedge Regret
In 2005 kill videos were made for Unreal Tournament and in TYOOL 2019 there will be team reflecting shots in tanks. Cmon man you know its coming.

2Jets
Apr 25, 2010

You're gonna get no tip
They said You'll still be banned for shooting teammates even though you can't damage them.

Katamari Democracy
Jan 19, 2010

Wedge Regret

2Jets posted:

They said You'll still be banned for shooting teammates even though you can't damage them.

Better make that first shot count! I hear snapshot is all the rage these days

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

Ugh, repeatable x2 xp weekend if you're in the Top 7 of your team.

https://worldoftanks.com/en/news/mi...4022_1538262_33

Bulky Bartokomous
Nov 3, 2006

Let's get this out of the way. The chat was hilarious.

E- Also please take this critique with a grain of salt. I do stupid poo poo all the time.

I'm watching it now and I would have done a couple things differently. The T55A you should have known from the map he was coming very close very fast. You running away from the north was a great idea in theory but you provided no backup to the already dumb rear end team mates the WT auf Pz.IV was doing (:wtc:)

That T55 A had you hosed because you failed to keep him in mind during the battle. That and your team mates did no help whatsoever. So I would not blame yourself 100% I would make that map bigger and do not underestimate where tanks were last seen. They are closer than you might think.

2Jets posted:

Obj. 252u game on Kharkiv. You you dont need to push the 8 line and bring the lowe into the fight until you clear the 0 line. Dont let the VK100 and T-150 roll up behind your team.

M48 game on Mines. You're too slow to make the cross on to the hill. You lost all your HP to get up there and it wasnt worth it.

M46 game on Studzianki. Don't go to a flank alone. Your team can't help you on the hill from where they are. Don't sit out in the open.

Overall you're too aggressive. Slowing down will help you a lot. You lost all your hp in every game because you were exposed to multiple guns without any cover. Make your mini map bigger.

Thanks for the feedback. I'll try to slow things down and also play with the mini-map.

Captain Blaargh
Apr 27, 2007

Yeah yeah yeah. How about some Scotch whiskey? You got any of that around here, or just a bunch of nonsense words?

Bulky Bartokomous posted:

Thanks for the feedback. I'll try to slow things down and also play with the mini-map.

Just max the fucker out at all times. A maxi-map if you will.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

serious gaylord posted:

I don't know what you could do with those lights to make them playable really. They're just kind of poo poo at all levels.

make them useful scouts?

Bulky Bartokomous
Nov 3, 2006

You guys are good coaches.

http://wotreplays.eu/site/4957550#lakeville-peakdantu-udes_14_alt_5

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?
Can someone give me a condensed summary of why Dez thinks the new lights are the worst addition of Tanks that wargaming gas ever made to the game?

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

Duzzy Funlop posted:

Can someone give me a condensed summary of why Dez thinks the new lights are the worst addition of Tanks that wargaming gas ever made to the game?

They're not good at anything in particular over lights that already exist. They have no niche. The T10 only has 16 105mm shells, and with maxed crew, equipment, food, and skills still doesn't break 5rpm. They also weigh next to nothing so even a 20t tank ram will likely end you.

The only x-factor they might have is they might be next-to-impossible to land a hit on due to their smallness (which will likely hinder them further with regards to spotting and ridge-peeking), and even that's been done with the French wheeled lights.

BIG HEADLINE fucked around with this message at 03:32 on Jul 13, 2019

Captain Blaargh
Apr 27, 2007

Yeah yeah yeah. How about some Scotch whiskey? You got any of that around here, or just a bunch of nonsense words?

BIG HEADLINE posted:

They're not good at anything in particular over lights that already exist. They have no niche. The T10 only has 16 105mm shells, and with maxed crew, equipment, food, and skills still doesn't break 5rpm. They also weigh next to nothing so even a 20t tank ram will likely end you.

The only x-factor they might have is they might be next-to-impossible to land a hit on due to their smallness (which will likely hinder them further with regards to spotting and ridge-peeking), and even that's been done with the French wheeled lights.

Another issue with the tier 10 is it only has two crew when the rest have three and the commander does EVERYTHING except drive.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

Captain Blaargh posted:

Another issue with the tier 10 is it only has two crew when the rest have three and the commander does EVERYTHING except drive.

Which effectively makes it a T10 mini-maus.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

2Jets
Apr 25, 2010

You're gonna get no tip

That mini map is still tiny. Press the + key until it's as big as it can get. Good job on realizing you don't need to be in the valley and leaving. It would be better if you didn't go there at all. You stopped in the open to trade shots with the BC and Chrysler, that's a big mistake but you got away with this time.
Good job on aiming for the TS-5s engine and setting him on fire.