Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.

Tabletops posted:

i started a new character on brunhyldr. that xp bonus is a bit nuts, i got to level 20 after a few hours of play. pretty fun so far, just playing a lancer at the moment. It doesn't seem like the xp bonus from the hall of the novice quest line works with the server bonus. at least it doesn't for quests.

anyway, gonna try to get to 30 and try out dragoon before leveling something else i guess. any tips anyone can throw me? i'm finding it odd that so much of the UI/systems are still locked off for me like duty finder and others.

I rolled on Brynhildr like 6 years ago because it was preferred, and it's still preferred. I find that funny.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

BisterdDave posted:

About to hit level 50, so I finally purchased Shadowbringers. Something tells me I have a looong ways to go before I reach its content though.

You have a very long but very fun journey ahead. The 2.X quests can be a bit tedious but end on a very high note and then HW is the second best expansion after the newest one.

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!

Bussamove posted:

You have a very long but very fun journey ahead. The 2.X quests can be a bit tedious but end on a very high note and then HW is the second best expansion after the newest one.

Definitely looking forward to when the MSQ get interesting. Just took a quick glance at a list of all quests up through Shadowbringers and holy poo poo yeah I've got a long way to go!

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

About to do the final trial.

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

Tabletops posted:

i started a new character on brunhyldr. that xp bonus is a bit nuts, i got to level 20 after a few hours of play. pretty fun so far, just playing a lancer at the moment. It doesn't seem like the xp bonus from the hall of the novice quest line works with the server bonus. at least it doesn't for quests.

anyway, gonna try to get to 30 and try out dragoon before leveling something else i guess. any tips anyone can throw me? i'm finding it odd that so much of the UI/systems are still locked off for me like duty finder and others.

if the duty finder isn't unlocked then you haven't unlocked any dungeons. do the msq

also https://ffxiv.gamerescape.com/wiki/Guide:Progression_and_Level_Locked_Content

FactsAreUseless posted:

About to do the final trial.

en-loving-joy

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money
I literally just realized that the Hrothgar are Ronso. Now I'm disappointed there's no world PVP so I can't kill them all.

somepartsareme
Mar 10, 2012

Diggle Hell is a Real
(Swingin') Place
why are cutscene skippers always the freaks

BrightWing
Apr 27, 2012

Yes, he is quite mad.

Nuebot posted:

I literally just realized that the Hrothgar are Ronso. Now I'm disappointed there's no world PVP so I can't kill them all.

Chill out Syemor

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Just finished it. I like it much more than Shinryu

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.
Just hit 79 and I broke to get dinner. Going to try to push the rest of the way through the msq tonight. Wish me luck!

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

DeathSandwich posted:

Just hit 79 and I broke to get dinner. Going to try to push the rest of the way through the msq tonight. Wish me luck!
The 79 dungeon and trial are both excellent, enjoy

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

What's the classic FF song they play over the some of the ending scenes? "Eternal Wind" from FF3? I can't quite place it but it's an NES song.

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo
Eternal Wind from FF3 does, in fact, play rather prominently in this expansion.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

SwissArmyDruid posted:

Eternal Wind from FF3 does, in fact, play rather prominently in this expansion.
Okay, thanks. I was pretty sure that's what it was, it's one of my all-time favorite FF tracks.

itskage
Aug 26, 2003

Did you join the bandwagon and take the screenshot? or are you a scrub?

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

itskage posted:

I never clicked the screenshots so I didn't know what they were, so no.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Other than The Twinning what dungeon do I need for Expert Roulette and where do I unlock it?

Azubah
Jun 5, 2007

FactsAreUseless posted:

Other than The Twinning what dungeon do I need for Expert Roulette and where do I unlock it?

It's in the slums in Eulmore.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Azubah posted:

It's in the slums in Eulmore.
Thanks!

I changed my character's hair to something more natural and I'm happy with how it turned out.

BrightWing
Apr 27, 2012

Yes, he is quite mad.

FactsAreUseless posted:

Thanks!

I changed my character's hair to something more natural and I'm happy with how it turned out.

What class does she teach

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

BrightWing posted:

What class does she teach
Fire 401

I've been using the Finest Pupil's Ally title with this glam

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
explosions

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

yer a wizard harry

!amicable
Jan 20, 2007

FactsAreUseless posted:

Fire 401

I've been using the Finest Pupil's Ally title with this glam

When do you get this title, is it sometime in Stormblood, and does it mean what I think it means about our fave potate mage?

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

!amicable posted:

When do you get this title, is it sometime in Stormblood, and does it mean what I think it means about our fave potate mage?
I think so? It's been a bit.

isk
Oct 3, 2007

You don't want me owing you
It's near the end of Heavensward

!amicable
Jan 20, 2007

FactsAreUseless posted:

I think so? It's been a bit.

Ah, I had it. I thought there were further developments and am bad at checking titles (b/c Annihilator is perfect).

I'm pretty happy with how each Scion was developed through HW. Fighting the dragons etc. was very cool, but the development of your buddies makes the whole narrative have a nice warm fuzzy feeling sprinkled throughout. It's really well plotted relative to basically every other MMO. It's also pretty deep as far as FF games.

The Black Stones
May 7, 2007

I POSTED WHAT NOW!?

itskage posted:

I’m a scrub because I’m on PS4 and taking screenshots at the exact right moment is hard! I could edit a video but that’s way to much work.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

The Black Stones posted:

I’m a scrub because I’m on PS4 and taking screenshots at the exact right moment is hard! I could edit a video but that’s way to much work.

If you haven't already, change the system's sharing settings so that tapping Share immediately takes a screenshot instead of bringing up the share menu

I have no idea why this isn't default

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:

kirbysuperstar posted:

If you haven't already, change the system's sharing settings so that tapping Share immediately takes a screenshot instead of bringing up the share menu

I have no idea why this isn't default

Clicking the share button takes a screenshot immediately and clips the last 15 minutes of video, you then have the option of saving the screenshot and/or the video.

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!
I'm kinda wondering how many people arguing for the last few pages did the post-story dungeon in the Academia, cause that sorta painted the Amaurotians as a bunch of gently caress-ups too that could have definitely caused their own doom. Also Lahabrea's a goddamned nerd!

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Kurieg posted:

Clicking the share button takes a screenshot immediately and clips the last 15 minutes of video, you then have the option of saving the screenshot and/or the video.

Well that's not quite as bad, just..clunky with the menu coming up I guess. Tap for screenshot/hold for DVR/double tap to start-stop recording is much better imho

Axel Serenity
Sep 27, 2002

The Black Stones posted:

In your Unending Journey journal, it is "Shadowbringers" cutscene 2

Enjoy :getin:

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
So uh, not even to HW yet but the Domans have shown up, and I gotta ask, is there anything that connects this Doma with FF6 or is it just a straight up reuse of the name?

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Late to the bandwagon:

I also took this shot of the final zone that I think is pretty rad:

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

DrNutt posted:

So uh, not even to HW yet but the Domans have shown up, and I gotta ask, is there anything that connects this Doma with FF6 or is it just a straight up reuse of the name?

While it's not literally the same Doma, its story has strong similarities and is a major focus of the Stormblood expansion.

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!

DrNutt posted:

Lots of things, though it's more noticeable once you get to SB. There'll be a subtle references to Cyan in SB too that's not obvious mostly cause they use the Japanese pronunciation of his name

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

Allarion posted:

Lots of things, though it's more noticeable once you get to SB. There'll be a subtle references to Cyan in SB too that's not obvious mostly cause they use the Japanese pronunciation of his name

I thought for sure his dad was gonna be revealed to be a version of Cyan, and Cyan mistakenly thought Hien and Hien's mom were killed by Garleans, spurring him to rebel and Yotsuyu takes his place because of a failed rebellion or something.

I thought I had it allllll figured out.

e: Because in FF6, Cyan was certainly going to die without the intervention of other FF6 characters.

jokes fucked around with this message at 04:59 on Jul 13, 2019

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

jokes posted:

I thought for sure his dad was gonna be revealed to be a Cyan

He is. Cyan's original name in the Japanese was "Cayenne" (like the pepper), which is occasionally rendered as "Kaien."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

jokes posted:

I thought for sure his dad was gonna be revealed to be a Cyan

He is. They just spell it differently.