Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

I've been tryin' to speak with you for a long time

rndmnmbr posted:

This is actually a game, who can line up three items and get the strangest look from the cashier.

Winning move: home pregnancy test, box of latex gloves, pack of wire coathangers.

Why would you buy the gloves and coathangers if you hadn't already bought the pregnancy test?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moatman
Mar 21, 2014

Because the goof is all mine.

Synthbuttrange posted:

are those usual in actual dwellings or just in the ghost cities?

The Chinese government still intended for people to live in the ghost cities despite the fact that they didn’t really think the whole thing through at all.
And it isn’t just high rises that are the problem: https://thediplomat.com/2012/02/chinas-dangerous-tofu-projects/

Shut up Meg
Jan 8, 2019

You're safe here.

Synthbuttrange posted:

Sometimes Chinese buildings just get tired and need a lie down

rndmnmbr
Jul 3, 2012

therobit posted:

Why would you buy the gloves and coathangers if you hadn't already bought the pregnancy test?

It's not about the logic, it's about the response. The pregnancy test is to get the idea of pregnancy in their heads, and that's generally a happy thing, right? And then you subvert the gently caress out of that with the next two items.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

therobit posted:

This is the crappy construction thread.

Don’t tell me you’ve never bought something you might not need with the understanding that you don’t want to go to the store twice and you can save it or return it if you don’t need it.

Chitin
Apr 29, 2007

It is no sign of health to be well-adjusted to a profoundly sick society.
Can you... buy wire coat hangers at a regular store? I've only seen them come with dry cleaning.

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!

therobit posted:

They care about the environment and don't want to make two trips to the store.

glynnenstein
Feb 18, 2014

Proteus Jones posted:

Nope I grew up with "burn your leaves except Sundays"

I never saw this until I moved to the West Suburbs outside of Chicago. Most of the places here either have stickers or large paper (or specific green plastic) bags you purchase on an as needed basis depending on town/township.

I don't really care since I get my lawn care done and they just mulch up the leaves in the fall.

In the DC suburbs Arlington county does the vacuum truck twice and sometimes three times a fall in each neighborhood. You just rake or blow your leaves into the street and the truck comes around and sucks it all up; the county then provides free mulch to residents. They provide paper bags for the backyard so you don't have to blow all that so far. Fairfax county just sends yard waste trucks every week for the yard-waste-specific bin and any bags you pile up at the curb. I was completely shocked as a kid when I visited family in southern Missouri and everyone was just burning it all.

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

Day 12045 Ht10hands 180lbs
No Name
No lumps No Bumps Full life Clean
Two good eyes No Busted Limbs
Piss OK Genitals intact
Multiple scars Heals fast
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
Lone Road Warrior Rundown
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...

Platystemon posted:

This is the crappy construction thread.

Don’t tell me you’ve never bought something you might not need with the understanding that you don’t want to go to the store twice and you can save it or return it if you don’t need it.

Oh, you mean like the closet flange that's been hanging out in my garage for a couple months?

Ghostnuke
Sep 21, 2005

Throw this in a pot, add some broth, a potato? Baby you got a stew going!

the winning move for leaves is to get one of those leaf blowers that can also reverse into suction and then mulches the leaves up and shoots them into a bag. from there they go into the burn barrel or into the chicken run.

TooMuchAbstraction
Oct 14, 2012

I spent four years making
Waves of Steel
Hell yes I'm going to turn my avatar into an ad for it.
Fun Shoe

Synthbuttrange posted:

Actual dwellings.

peanut
Sep 9, 2007

Chitin posted:

Can you... buy wire coat hangers at a regular store? I've only seen them come with dry cleaning.

Check out The Daiso if you have one or something similar.

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

https://twitter.com/RussianMemesLtd/status/1149698680263499776

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum

glynnenstein posted:

In the DC suburbs Arlington county does the vacuum truck twice and sometimes three times a fall in each neighborhood. You just rake or blow your leaves into the street and the truck comes around and sucks it all up; the county then provides free mulch to residents. They provide paper bags for the backyard so you don't have to blow all that so far. Fairfax county just sends yard waste trucks every week for the yard-waste-specific bin and any bags you pile up at the curb. I was completely shocked as a kid when I visited family in southern Missouri and everyone was just burning it all.

My neighbor is a brain genius and doesn't even wait for the grass pile to dry out before he starts burning it with gasoline, and the "pit" is just a flat circle of dead ground

Throughout the summer I drive home expecting the neighborhood to be on fire

stealie72
Jan 10, 2007

Boaz MacPhereson posted:

Oh, you mean like the closet flange that's been hanging out in my garage for a couple months?

No, no, he's clearly talking about the gang box, receptacles, and plate that are in the Home Depot bag that's been hanging on the door to my garage for 4 months now. Despite my having gone to HD probably 3 times since then.

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you
I'll just pick up a couple extras and return them if I don't end up using them

*never returns anything*

JoshGuitar
Oct 25, 2005

rndmnmbr posted:

This is actually a game, who can line up three items and get the strangest look from the cashier.

Winning move: home pregnancy test, box of latex gloves, pack of wire coathangers.

A few years back I played this game accidentally. I was getting ready for a car repair project that involved scraping a gasket, along with doing my pre-winter garage pest control, in late October. So I walked up to the register with a 100-pack of razor blades, a bunch of D-Con mouse/rat poison, and a bigass bag of Halloween candy :v:

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter

JoshGuitar posted:

A few years back I played this game accidentally. I was getting ready for a car repair project that involved scraping a gasket, along with doing my pre-winter garage pest control, in late October. So I walked up to the register with a 100-pack of razor blades, a bunch of D-Con mouse/rat poison, and a bigass bag of Halloween candy :v:

That's realllly good.

Bees on Wheat
Jul 18, 2007

I've never been happy

QUAIL DIVISION
Buglord
We used to call it the condom game, because one of the items had to be a pack of them. I think the weirdest I've done is condoms, socks, and a whole pineapple.

Javid
Oct 21, 2004

:jpmf:
Condoms, coconut oil, and the 3 biggest potatoes you can find

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

I've been tryin' to speak with you for a long time

Bees on Wheat posted:

We used to call it the condom game, because one of the items had to be a pack of them. I think the weirdest I've done is condoms, socks, and a whole pineapple.

Personal lubricant also works in absence of condoms.

GotLag
Jul 17, 2005

食べちゃダメだよ
I bought a tub of vaseline and a cucumber and didn't even realise it was weird until the cashier looked at me

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

https://youtu.be/EX2b3lltV8A

Lead out in cuffs
Sep 18, 2012

"That's right. We've evolved."

"I can see that. Cool mutations."

therobit posted:

Personal lubricant also works in absence of condoms.

And importantly, condoms do not work with oil based lube.

The cashier was probably shaking their head at you.

there wolf
Jan 11, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

Lead out in cuffs posted:

And importantly, condoms do not work with oil based lube.

The cashier was probably shaking their head at you.

Polyurethane ones do. Get the expensive condoms if you want to cheap out on lube and just use crisco.

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

R.I.P. Inter-OS Sass - b.2000AD d.2003AD

moist turtleneck posted:

oh man if we're gonna do rake chat i have to share my favorite video/method for raking leaves

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XnkktN3FvAg

it's a pretty good system if you dont want to power tool it

As soon as I saw the first still frame of that dude with the plaid, undershirt, multiple pens in his pocket and a phone holster I was absolutely ready to believe anything he said.

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

R.I.P. Inter-OS Sass - b.2000AD d.2003AD

Slanderer posted:

I closed the video in horror once i realized we was putting leaves in a trash bag to be taken to the dump. What the gently caress lol?

It's Carbon Capture and Storage, duh.

Jaded Burnout
Jul 10, 2004

~Coxy posted:

It's Carbon Capture and Storage, duh.

I think about your avatar every time I open exposé on an empty OSX desktop and see "No Available Windows"

Javid
Oct 21, 2004

:jpmf:

~Coxy posted:

As soon as I saw the first still frame of that dude with the plaid, undershirt, multiple pens in his pocket and a phone holster I was absolutely ready to believe anything he said.

That is one pro grandpa right there

peanut
Sep 9, 2007

there wolf posted:

Polyurethane ones do. Get the expensive condoms if you want to cheap out on lube and just use crisco.

ok

kid sinister
Nov 16, 2002

Urine for a shock at the smell of this bathroom!

Jaded Burnout
Jul 10, 2004

The rust from the splatter is A+

Azza Bamboo
Apr 7, 2018

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021
What's draining into the pipe on the right?

I mean it goes to the same pipe as the piss so is it some kind of super high up corner urinal?

Azza Bamboo fucked around with this message at 22:15 on Jul 14, 2019

Jaded Burnout
Jul 10, 2004

Azza Bamboo posted:

I mean it goes to the same pipe as the piss so is it some kind of super high up corner urinal?

Sink by the looks of it.

Hippie Hedgehog
Feb 19, 2007

Ever cuddled a hedgehog?

Azza Bamboo posted:

Could it be the sink?

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
IT'S ALL PIPES

B-Nasty
May 25, 2005

To be fair though, pissing with some nice warmth radiating directly on my exposed junk sounds like a little slice of heaven. Pretty much the exact opposite of pissing on the ski slopes and having to whip it out of its nice, warm hiding spot into the windy, sub-zero air with a cold, wet glove.

WrenP-Complete
Jul 27, 2012

Ashcans posted:

Ok so you save time on getting the leaves, but how much time do you lose wearing those big leaf scoops and pretending to be a bear?

:tbear:

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!

B-Nasty posted:

To be fair though, pissing with some nice warmth radiating directly on my exposed junk sounds like a little slice of heaven. Pretty much the exact opposite of pissing on the ski slopes and having to whip it out of its nice, warm hiding spot into the windy, sub-zero air with a cold, wet glove.

At work we've got a space heater in the shop and in winter its soooooo nice to turn it on an close the door for about 10 minutes before I go in for my morning dump.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Azza Bamboo
Apr 7, 2018

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021
One of the places I worked at had a space heater that was basically a propane flame inside of a steel cowling with a fan blowing air through it. Someone sat a skip in front of it and started chucking old paint cans in there.

I didn't see this myself. All I saw was the foreman in the forklift truck taking a skipload of fire out of the main doors, to leave it in the yard to burn itself out.