Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Lobster
Sep 3, 2011

Massive
Avian
Rear
Images

Can we put in ground underneath our Blitz slopes so that they aren't hanging in midair? Hard blocks don't fit under the diagonal portion.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Artix
Apr 26, 2010

He's finally back,
to kick some tail!
And this time,
he's goin' to jail!
Alright goons, I need some feedback. I have a level that's mostly done (I'm gonna have one more major section after the claw bit) but I want to get some feedback now so I can tweak it before the whole thing is done if I need to.

Cave Collapse (Prototype)
F8N-S85-QFG

It's definitely going to be on the harder side, but I tried to give you enough time on each bit so that you were able to screw up each jump at least once and still safely make it. TIA goons, I'll do some random Mario and feedback tomorrow after work.

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Yosuke will now die for you.

The Lobster posted:

Can we put in ground underneath our Blitz slopes so that they aren't hanging in midair? Hard blocks don't fit under the diagonal portion.

Hmm, I'll allow it. I was just gonna leave mine hanging in midair.

e: Yeah, I was thinking you could layer slopes together to create ground underneath, and you can but it takes a lot of time. Time is of the essence!

DalaranJ fucked around with this message at 03:47 on Jul 13, 2019

The Lobster
Sep 3, 2011

Massive
Avian
Rear
Images

DalaranJ posted:

Hmm, I'll allow it. I was just gonna leave mine hanging in midair.

Thank you! Aesthetics are important to me.

NofrikinfuN
Apr 23, 2009

I wish you could upload private courses for testing and personal challenges you don't necessarily want polluting endless.

Flying Zamboni
May 7, 2007

but, uh... well, there it is

I've made a new level, nothing fancy just messing around with the forest night theme and shell surfing:

Lets Pickle
Jul 9, 2007

Artix posted:

Alright goons, I need some feedback. I have a level that's mostly done (I'm gonna have one more major section after the claw bit) but I want to get some feedback now so I can tweak it before the whole thing is done if I need to.

F8N-S85-QFG

It's definitely going to be on the harder side, but I tried to give you enough time on each bit so that you were able to screw up each jump at least once and still safely make it. TIA goons, I'll do some random Mario and feedback tomorrow after work.

I thought the timing was FAR too generous. The first collapsing section it felt like I could walk slowly the whole time.
The section before the checkpoint doesn't collapse properly, the block doesn't fall onto the track like it's supposed to at the end of that section.
I think the section after the checkpoint could be a little longer? It was only a few pretty easy jumps.

Solid level idea, keep at it!

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe
Mole Bowl

C7Q-KBW-0XF

Quick fun silly level, still a little tricky in a way but not too hard.

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

I've got a case of malt liquor stashed in the trunk, Mr. Marvin Gaye on the CD. We are gonna get all the way down.

reposting my Maker ID: 46X-808-6SG

A few sorta simple levels with a bit of challenge to them.

Artix
Apr 26, 2010

He's finally back,
to kick some tail!
And this time,
he's goin' to jail!

Lets Pickle posted:

I thought the timing was FAR too generous. The first collapsing section it felt like I could walk slowly the whole time.
The section before the checkpoint doesn't collapse properly, the block doesn't fall onto the track like it's supposed to at the end of that section.
I think the section after the checkpoint could be a little longer? It was only a few pretty easy jumps.

Solid level idea, keep at it!

Thanks! It's not done yet, so the end section is going to be longer for sure, I just don't have any good ideas for it yet. The first room is pretty easy, yeah, but it's supposed to be an introduction with minimal danger. I did add an obstacle at the start that you need to climb over with a vine, and shortened up the muncher track to put a little more pressure on you though.

The second muncher I can't do much about because if I make it more than like, one chain shorter you don't have enough time to try again on the buzzy beetle jump (unless you find the hidden spring). Unfortunately, there isn't much in between slow muncher and fast muncher that doesn't break after one block. Also how exactly did you break the block falling on the track? It always lands there for me no matter how I test, although running backwards does cause some issues where it breaks a bomb in the middle of the section that I'm not sure how to fix.

E: Oh poo poo I'm an idiot I know what it's doing, I know how to fix that. It's catching the other track when it falls, and since it's offscreen it doesn't kill those bombs.

Artix fucked around with this message at 04:42 on Jul 13, 2019

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

To get the full story, buy a Wii U and the first game

https://twitter.com/aquamarinephant/status/1149887633511682048

Haschel Cedricson
Jan 4, 2006

Brinkmanship

Here's my first exploration level. Hopefully it doesn't suck.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

I did my Blitz Level

Without checkpoints I just made a simple airship level. Since I could not use ground I used the slopes to give the ships more of a rowboat shape, with firebars as oars. Once you get to the city it's mostly made of semi solid platforms.

https://twitter.com/BorlandCorp/status/1149889697855918081?s=19

WRB-PD1-SNG

Sky Fire Rowboats to Spiny City

I made this a NSMBU style level because I hadn't done one yet.

comingafteryouall
Aug 2, 2011

totempoleman posted:

Yeah, my brother played the level and was having a lot of trouble with that part as well. The trick is to press down as soon as you get into the drybones shell so the thwomp will pass right through you. I might have to redo that part though because I guess maybe it's too vague as is.

I cleared and liked your level, but a checkpoint at the red pipe and getting rid of the dick invisible blocks at the end would do a world of good. also, players can skip the second thwomp jump. they're not very fun jumps because you're jumping up blind and it takes a precise landing without having too much momentum. really good theme and the visuals were good though!

comingafteryouall fucked around with this message at 05:19 on Jul 13, 2019

The Lobster
Sep 3, 2011

Massive
Avian
Rear
Images

Blitz level time!

Title: [10s] Heated Hotfoot
Code: 9SM-70Q-H3G
Description: Make a mad dash to the exit through the underground lava lair!
Difficulty: Easy

Hadn't done an actual speedrun level before (on purpose) and hadn't used the Castle theme so I thought I'd knock out two birds with one stone, since Thwomps and Fire Bars suggested a Castle level to me.

Edit: Yo, my stylus just gave out. I know I'm making too many levels but suggestions for a sturdier replacement would be appreciated.

The Lobster fucked around with this message at 06:09 on Jul 13, 2019

DorianGravy
Sep 12, 2007

J-Spot posted:

I’ve been slacking on in thread feedback now that I’m back to work and am trying to squeeze in as many levels as I can in the little bit of time I have available. It’s been a few days but I remember this one being excellent. Very nice attention to details and the bell towers were a cool idea.

Thanks! I played one of yours: Bridge Zone 1 (Sonic Game Gear), Course ID: 3PM-5M9-P9G, Difficulty: Normal, Multiplayer Friendly?: Yes
This was a lot of fun! I definitely went fast (perhaps too fast? nah) so I finished with 32 second left. Running through a level when you don't know what's ahead is actually a lot of fun, just so long as the level is the right difficulty so it's not frustrating, and you hit that spot well. I don't think I ever played the Game Gear Sonic; is it like this?

Flying Zamboni posted:

This is a really good looking level that was very fun to explore. For it's length it was very well paced as well!

For my own levels, I posted this one awhile back, a vertical level with individual challenge rooms:

Climb!
GR5-1Q4-MJG

Thanks for the kind words! I enjoyed your level. It had a fun series of challenges, although for some reason the claw swinging gave me the most trouble: I had a hard time with the jump into the last claw. There was also one room where I think I was supposed to use a Koopa shell to hit an on/off switch as I jumped from an on/off platform to another one, but I didn't really know how to do it. So instead I just jumped from the top of the switch and bypassed the puzzle entirely.

DarkLich posted:

Been playing some other goons levels in my downtime, including this one. Big fan of the art style here. It's not often I want to go back and play a level to explore more, but you accomplished it here.

I'm enjoying the goon levels overall, and will try to check out more. Look out for comments from Dustin!!

Thanks, I put a lot of effort into getting things to look good. And I saw your comment! (It's so much fun to get comments. My Mario Maker name is 'Petrichor&', incase any of you get comments from me) Anyway, I played one of your recent levels: SMV 3-3: Havoc Harbor II, S0T-4R9-54G. I liked this a lot. It was fun to see an "airship" level that was really just a ship. The masts and the fish did a good job selling the setting. I really liked the challenge for the 50 coin at the end. When I saw that I was keeping pace with some cannonballs, I knew just what to do. And it was refreshing to not have a boss at the end. I should really make a level without a boss too. All three of mine so far end in little fights. Good stuff!

And I got a medal! It's a bronze medal for "Maker points (All-Time)". I'm not entirely sure why I got it, but now I'm going to be disappointed when it goes away. It seems to be based on some sort of leader board, right? If so, hopefully they change it to be permanent and not based on comparison with other players. Anyway, thanks to everyone who's been playing my levels!

The Lobster
Sep 3, 2011

Massive
Avian
Rear
Images

DorianGravy posted:

And I got a medal! It's a bronze medal for "Maker points (All-Time)". I'm not entirely sure why I got it, but now I'm going to be disappointed when it goes away. It seems to be based on some sort of leader board, right? If so, hopefully they change it to be permanent and not based on comparison with other players. Anyway, thanks to everyone who's been playing my levels!

Congrats! That's the one I'm gunning for atm. I'm currently about ~400 points shy of it. The All Time board makes perfect sense but the Weekly board is complete and utter nonsense to me.

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe
Played a few random levels:

Curse of Magikoopa Cave

I'm still getting used to the spin jump being a shoulder button, so the thwomp section took a while for me to get down. Overall a decent challenge that's still pretty fun, I particularly liked the upside down claw section with banzai bills.

Peaks and Valleys

I enjoyed the hectic upper route but it ran a bit long so I eventually gave up and just did the lower route. Fortunately, it's pretty fun too.

Hurry Up and Wait!

Personally I think it would be improved by giving the player a mushroom at the start. You get one for hitting the midpoint anyhow, which honestly needs it less. The vine segment was pretty fun.

Icewrack Ridge

I enjoyed the use of icicles as platforms. Not entirely sure how you're supposed to get through the triangle segment at the end other than facetanking it.

DorianGravy
Sep 12, 2007

The Lobster posted:

Congrats! That's the one I'm gunning for atm. I'm currently about ~400 points shy of it. The All Time board makes perfect sense but the Weekly board is complete and utter nonsense to me.

Well, to help you get there, I played some of your levels! Here are comments on your last three:

The Lobster posted:

Blitz level time!

Title: [10s] Heated Hotfoot
Code: 9SM-70Q-H3G
Description: Make a mad dash to the exit through the underground lava lair!
Difficulty: Easy

Hadn't done an actual speedrun level before (on purpose) and hadn't used the Castle theme so I thought I'd knock out two birds with one stone, since Thwomps and Fire Bars suggested a Castle level to me.

Edit: Yo, my stylus just gave out. I know I'm making too many levels but suggestions for a sturdier replacement would be appreciated.

Not too much to say about this one. It was fun, and definitely made me run! It's nice to see a speedrun level that's not absurdly difficult.

The Lobster posted:

Title: Winter Walk
Code: F8X-L1D-D0G
Description: Take a leisurely stroll through a winter wonderland. Can you find all the secrets? This course is a remix of SMB3 2-5 and has the difficulty of a World 2, it's meant for the kiddos to play and explore because my SMB "classic" level has a clear rate of 20%.
Difficulty: Piss-Easy

Your code is wrong, but I found the right on through your profile: WTP-DCN-FHF.
Nice and short, with a neat wintery atmosphere. I was tempted to simply take off and fly over most of the level (a normal response when given a leaf and room to run) but I saw a question box high up and decided to investigate. Like you said, I think it will be good for kids, with the slight added challenge of being on ice.

The Lobster posted:

Dicked around and made this level, shouldn't be too hard. I'm aiming for Normal Endless as usual.

Good stuff! The flying Bloopers and the plants at the top of slopes were difficult to dodge, but the plentiful power-ups made this level fun instead of frustrating.

DorianGravy fucked around with this message at 06:51 on Jul 13, 2019

The Lobster
Sep 3, 2011

Massive
Avian
Rear
Images

DorianGravy posted:

Well, to help you get there, I played some of your levels! Here are comments on your last three:

Wow, thanks! Much appreciated! I was checking out your levels and you only have three total?! Dang. Haha not one of my levels has ever taken off so I must be doing something wrong by spreading my energy so thin across so many different levels but I just love making so many different ideas!

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

The Lobster posted:

Wow, thanks! Much appreciated! I was checking out your levels and you only have three total?! Dang. Haha not one of my levels has ever taken off so I must be doing something wrong by spreading my energy so thin across so many different levels but I just love making so many different ideas!

Hey now there's nothing wrong with that. I'm at 30 and I have no idea what the hell I'm going to do!!

Most of my stages are 20-50 hearts with a couple low ballers (who will die first) and a few with 150-180. Who knows how this stuff is handled. I'm upset about my gold being taken away but the leaderboards in general are hosed. Even when i blew up and got my 55th spot world wide I still had nothing for weekly and I was constantly beating most of the people on the list there. It just doesn't work.

DorianGravy
Sep 12, 2007

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D. posted:

reposting my Maker ID: 46X-808-6SG

A few sorta simple levels with a bit of challenge to them.

I played through your levels. You understated things when you said "a bit of challenge"! That was a lot of challenge! I beat two of your levels ("koopa bouncy castle" and "take flight") and gave up after a few tries at the other two. A few suggestions:

- You could stand dialing back the difficulty (a lot). These courses are extremely challenging right from the start, and most people will be discouraged by it. Try making a course with easier difficulty and some down-time between challenges. Ceave Gaming has a great video about level design (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VrFrT7-19JI), and one of the interesting things that he points out is that regular Mario levels generally have some easier sections between the more difficult sections. If you want more people to play your levels, that's probably good advice.

- I'd recommend not using off-screen Thwomps, since the player doesn't have much of a chance against them the first time they play. If a player thinks that they died unfairly (such as the beginning of "smb1 simple castle"), they'll probably just boo it and move on. Let players see the danger, and give them some time to decide about the best way to tackle it.

Anyway, keep it up, and watch the video I linked above. It's a good one!

The Lobster posted:

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Hey now there's nothing wrong with that. I'm at 30 and I have no idea what the hell I'm going to do!!

Most of my stages are 20-50 hearts with a couple low ballers (who will die first) and a few with 150-180. Who knows how this stuff is handled. I'm upset about my gold being taken away but the leaderboards in general are hosed. Even when i blew up and got my 55th spot world wide I still had nothing for weekly and I was constantly beating most of the people on the list there. It just doesn't work.

Haha, I'm impressed that you all can make so many levels! After three, I already need a break. I do put a fair amount of time into each of my levels ("Crumbling Sky Cathedral" in particular took far too long and was completed across three different nights), but as long as your levels are fun, I don't care how long you spent making them. I do wish I had statistics about where my plays are coming from, though. For example, how many plays are coming from this thread vs. from Endless? Do either of you know why some levels seem to get more plays than others (presumably in Endless)? Is the like ratio a big factor?

ThisIsACoolGuy: I guess you'll have to start deleting old ones to make room for new courses, then re-upload when (if?) Nintendo increases the level count. Still, that's tough. And yeah, the medal system is not good, and they should redesign it.

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

I've got a case of malt liquor stashed in the trunk, Mr. Marvin Gaye on the CD. We are gonna get all the way down.

DorianGravy posted:

I played through your levels. You understated things when you said "a bit of challenge"! That was a lot of challenge! I beat two of your levels ("koopa bouncy castle" and "take flight") and gave up after a few tries at the other two. A few suggestions:

- You could stand dialing back the difficulty (a lot). These courses are extremely challenging right from the start, and most people will be discouraged by it. Try making a course with easier difficulty and some down-time between challenges. Ceave Gaming has a great video about level design (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VrFrT7-19JI), and one of the interesting things that he points out is that regular Mario levels generally have some easier sections between the more difficult sections. If you want more people to play your levels, that's probably good advice.

- I'd recommend not using off-screen Thwomps, since the player doesn't have much of a chance against them the first time they play. If a player thinks that they died unfairly (such as the beginning of "smb1 simple castle"), they'll probably just boo it and move on. Let players see the danger, and give them some time to decide about the best way to tackle it.

Anyway, keep it up, and watch the video I linked above. It's a good one!

Thanks for the feedback, I'm very new to level creating.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

DorianGravy posted:

Haha, I'm impressed that you all can make so many levels! After three, I already need a break. I do put a fair amount of time into each of my levels ("Crumbling Sky Cathedral" in particular took far too long and was completed across three different nights), but as long as your levels are fun, I don't care how long you spent making them. I do wish I had statistics about where my plays are coming from, though. For example, how many plays are coming from this thread vs. from Endless? Do either of you know why some levels seem to get more plays than others (presumably in Endless)? Is the like ratio a big factor?

ThisIsACoolGuy: I guess you'll have to start deleting old ones to make room for new courses, then re-upload when (if?) Nintendo increases the level count. Still, that's tough. And yeah, the medal system is not good, and they should redesign it.

I have my own theory that if you're online and playing, your courses get served up to people more often. I have a bad habit of leaving my systems on (and just letting them go into sleep mode) and whenever I wake up I have [lots of courses are being played!] waiting usually. If I have the system turned off then I still get hits- just not as many.

Likewise if I haven't gotten any notifications while planning out a course if I hop over to course world and play a few suddenly I start getting hit with a lot of notifications again.

It might be placebo but that's how I've perceived things

Rollersnake
May 9, 2005

Please, please don't let me end up in a threesome with the lunch lady and a gay pirate. That would hit a little too close to home.
Unlockable Ben

...ever have a title that desperately needed a level? I tried to illustrate as many basic Mario gameplay concepts as I could without making it too cluttered, and every coin and powerup can be collected without running.

Also, holy poo poo:

I must have ended up in the Popular Courses, because Whispering Bluffs has more likes than all my other Mario Maker 1 and 2 levels combined. Thanks, goons!

Edit: Wait, no. I had 265 stars in MM1. Still, at this rate, it might overtake it tomorrow.

Rollersnake fucked around with this message at 09:45 on Jul 13, 2019

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

the duality of comments

Hyper Crab Tank
Feb 10, 2014

The 16-bit retro-future of crustacean-based transportation

DorianGravy posted:

At the risk of oversaturation, I wanted to re-advertise one of my levels: Crumbling Sky Cathedral (NQ3-CCM-3QG).

Played this, liked it. It's clean, very playable, and tells a story (fkkn wizards getting up to some poo poo with that monster in the bell tower - too bad the camera doesn't quite align for that fight). The bells are an excellent touch. Great level.

Internet Kraken posted:

Plunder the Lost Kingdom: RHP-JBY-HPG

Also played this. At first, I didn't get that I was supposed to follow the banzai bill down the hole and it despawned on me, but I only made that mistake once and it's right at the beginning so that's totally fine. Love the concept, although I'm not sure I feel like the builder outfit did a lot for me. I broke into the locked treasure chamber and got duly rewarded, very nice.

Crass Casualty
May 9, 2004
The artist formerly known as Iron Stalin
Light/Dark: A Postmodern Course
p2w-41v-2xf

Obviously, I'm not great with titles, but I just did my first experiment with the on/off switches and I think it turned out reasonably well and provides a fair challenge.

At some point, I want to get into making levels that tell a story, but I don't really have an idea just yet.

Also, I've been trying to figure out how to make watee/poison/lava levels lower at certain points in the course and I can't figure it out. I've seen other levels do it and I just want to know how to set the triggers to cause it.

Crass Casualty fucked around with this message at 16:37 on Jul 13, 2019

insidius
Jul 21, 2009

What a guy!
I apologise for my first entry to the sheet which was "3NV-RL6-XFF" or "Mind the gaps!".

I honestly have no idea what I was thinking. Like zero. Ignore the hidden thomps but it has "hope for the best" drops and all sorts of horrific stuff going on. Just honestly, bad bad bad.

I have been working on a far more traditional level, themed spaced out etc but it is not ready yet as I keep feeling compelled to go back and iterate on it. However while I have been working on that I ran into an interesting "speed run" level I actually quite enjoyed and took some time away from my existing in creation level to make a speed run level of my own using its ideas.

This was the original level that inspired me:

Koopa Doopa's SpeedRun Castle : NXN-SD2-N6G

I never normally play these kind of levels and prior to playing it had never even used the "spin" mechanic other than maybe a few times by mistake, never as an actual mechanic as I had never strayed too far from "traditional" style stages.

This is what I ended up creating trying to capture the same "feel".

Koopa's Hop on/Hop off Castle! : TLJ-TDQ-KLF

It's intended to be run at top speed and it uses on/off switches, spinning jumps and beetle shells.

I tried to make an "easier" version of the same concept assuming that if I only just learned it and can execute to it, it must be on the tamer side. That being said I expect you still have to be somewhat into the mechanics of this sort of stage to not hate it.

I actually really enjoy playing the final result even though I made it.

Flint_Paper
Jun 7, 2004

This isn't cool at all Looshkin! These are dark forces you're titting about with!

Undodog. Underdog.

I get it.

J-Spot
May 7, 2002

DorianGravy posted:

Thanks! I played one of yours: Bridge Zone 1 (Sonic Game Gear), Course ID: 3PM-5M9-P9G, Difficulty: Normal, Multiplayer Friendly?: Yes
This was a lot of fun! I definitely went fast (perhaps too fast? nah) so I finished with 32 second left. Running through a level when you don't know what's ahead is actually a lot of fun, just so long as the level is the right difficulty so it's not frustrating, and you hit that spot well. I don't think I ever played the Game Gear Sonic; is it like this?

Thanks for playing! The first game gear Sonic is an interesting anomaly in the series. It was developed simultaneously with the Genesis game by a different team, and I get the sense that other than some art and key design concepts the GG team knew very little about what kind of game Sonic would be besides a platformer. The game they ended up making was much more of a Mario clone than Sonic ended up being known for, and featured things like auto-scrollers or vertical climbing levels that would never be seen in the series again.

Namagem
Feb 14, 2011

The Magic Of Friendship
How are you guys getting your screenshots? The roundabout twitter method?

J-Spot
May 7, 2002

Namagem posted:

How are you guys getting your screenshots? The roundabout twitter method?

That's been my method, yeah. I'll occasionally get likes and retweets so it's not bad to have a tweet out as advertisement anyway.

Too Shy Guy
Jun 14, 2003

I have destroyed more of your kind than I can count.

I’ve been wanting to make one of those open World 6 ice levels from SMB3, but studying the maps for them I found they’re surprisingly empty. Here’s my attempt to find a happy medium between classic, minimalist Mario and modern maker clutter Mario.

SMB3 Revival: Frozen Run 9VQ-JQM-45G

J-Spot
May 7, 2002

Crass Casualty posted:

Light/Dark: A Postmodern Course
p2w-41w-2xf
Course not found.

insidius posted:

Koopa's Hop on/Hop off Castle! : TLJ-TDQ-KLF

It's intended to be run at top speed and it uses on/off switches, spinning jumps and beetle shells.

I tried to make an "easier" version of the same concept assuming that if I only just learned it and can execute to it, it must be on the tamer side. That being said I expect you still have to be somewhat into the mechanics of this sort of stage to not hate it.

I actually really enjoy playing the final result even though I made it.

I'm not usually into this kind of thing but I liked the first part well enough. Could maybe use a coin or something indicating where certain jumps are meant to occur because I often found myself bouncing on one turtle and over/under shooting the second. I did give up after the repetition got to me with not enough opportunities to practice the second part. I realize it's a speedrun level and they don't usually have checkpoints but you did say you wanted to make an easier version so... maybe add a checkpoint?

Rollersnake posted:

...ever have a title that desperately needed a level?

That's how half of mine start! Nice easy level here. Will feel like an oasis in the desert for easy endless players.

Artix posted:

F8N-S85-QFG

The concept is neat but it's very easy to outrun the explosions. The only parts I found particularly difficult were the last couple of buzzy jumps, particularly the one with the spike. I died several times to that loving spike. If you want the boss music to play during the chase sequence you could stick it on the bob-ombs as well. As long as an enemy with it is on screen it should play. Right now it's just an awkward little blip that I have offscreen immediately.

Namagem posted:

Overgrown Skytower
PWT-7NX-9NG
Travel down this infested tower, constructed using ancient See-saw technology
I liked this one a lot. It was funny to see the comments where a lot of players can't seem to graps picking up the POW blocks and moving them to the other side of the see-saw

Dr Pepper posted:

The Yoshi Machine
1B2-9S2-RSF
This was cool but I thought the timer was too tight especially when you've got no checkpoints. You've got reset doors there for people who gently caress up but you made the timer that unforgiving anyway? Doesn't make sense. I died twice in the outdoor section and had no desire to keep going back through the underground so I quit. Instead of using clear conditions, just make sure your level design required Yoshi for the flagpole so you can include checkpoints.

J-Spot fucked around with this message at 16:00 on Jul 13, 2019

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

I did the blitz in half an hour this time:

Garish Gates
KQG-DT7-HHF

I've got some stuff to say about this one but I'll save it until tonight when the blitz is over.

Now I need to play the remaining blitz and jam entries, but I'm packing up my house so we'll see if I get around to them.

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

Late blitz entry in an hour and a half before bed tonight. Took about eighty minutes.

HHY CGH 45G - Geostationary Satellite!

slopes are weird. I tend to slide too much and die a lot so I honestly can't tell if this is any good or way too difficult or what!

anywho enjoy a giant angry wiggler and a bunch of little rory calhouns

Culka
May 20, 2007
Nothing
Here's a blitz entry made in 50 minutes:

Great Balls of Fire - FQ9-CQH-8WF

I spent far too much time tweaking the fire bars in this.

Crass Casualty
May 9, 2004
The artist formerly known as Iron Stalin

J-Spot posted:

Course not found.

Sorry. The code is actually P2W-41V-2XF.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Mad Drongo
Nov 10, 2006

My first blitz level! Finished it in an hour, but cheated with a few extra minutes placing an extra Fire Flower block after playtesting. I'm finding I prefer adding lots of forgiveness to my levels, regardless of how hard the basic platforming ends up.

Anyway, it's about using fire flowers to help you climb up slopes with nasty spinies that are hard to jump over.

The initial goal was for the lava to add slow but steady pressure, but my only choices were "make it ignorable" or "make it constantly on your rear end even when you're the creator and know every obstacle" so I went for ignorable. At least it lights a fire under your rear end for those first few seconds.

e: And just now I'm realizing I didn't make the two initial platforms in the screenshot line up and it's killing me. Time constraints are a bitch.

Big Mad Drongo fucked around with this message at 16:44 on Jul 13, 2019