Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Collapsing Farts posted:

America getting to compete in sports as one country when they are so gigantic with half a billion people is unfair. Like, no poo poo they get more medals than everyone else

If you counted Europe as one country then Europe gets even more medals than America. Duh!

It's unfair to pit a country of 330 million people against, say, a country of 9 million

What I'm saying is, America should only get to compete in world sports as their individual states :getin:

Yeah that's why the top 4 men's soccer teams are China, India, USA and Indonesia

What is actually unfair (but also really funny) is that FIFA splits things up enough that places like Isle of Man and Gibraltar have their own teams, which are absolutely terrible and have to compete in the world's hardest region.

Henchman of Santa has a new favorite as of 14:22 on Jul 11, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Douche Wolf 89
Dec 9, 2010

🍉🐺8️⃣9️⃣
All wedding registries do is show your friends and family how much of a greedy poo poo you can be. What in married life will require a $60 hand towel?

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

oh but you just HAVE to do a registry!

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Douche Wolf 89 posted:

All wedding registries do is show your friends and family how much of a greedy poo poo you can be. What in married life will require a $60 hand towel?

I'd rather have $60 worth of hand towels, not just one.

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Douche Wolf 89 posted:

I suppose you have Enrique wipe up your jism with some cheap Walmart crap?

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
Women are wonderful animals, they should be making music and writing novels about having a complex relationship with your mother.
If you use one of those food delivery apps, you should have to pay for your delivery man to get something too if he's hungry

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
mcdonalds is A-OK and anyone who turns their nose at it is a prude.

Gripweed posted:

If you use one of those food delivery apps, you should have to pay for your delivery man to get something too if he's hungry

bait

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

Gripweed posted:

Food should be free.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

spit on my clit posted:

mcdonalds is A-OK and anyone who turns their nose at it is a prude.

Dill pickles are disgusting and McDonald's stinks of them. Their chicken nuggets are good though.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Tiggum posted:

Dill pickles are disgusting and McDonald's stinks of them. Their chicken nuggets are good though.

I love pickles, especially paired with onions on a chicken sandwich. Good nuggets, too. The only reason chick-fil-a nuggets aren't at the top is because sometimes they try to pass off those tiny chunks as a whole nugget.

One in the Bum
Apr 25, 2014

Hair Elf
Burying dead people in cemeteries is a waste of real estate. Either cremate the corpse or donate it to medical science.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Krycek posted:

Burying dead people in cemeteries is a waste of real estate. Either cremate the corpse or donate it to medical science.

burying your dead is a religious institution that spans just about every religion, and some religions don't allow you to donate your body to medical science/donate your organs. to restrict those religious practices and beliefs would be horribly offensive to just about 90% of the world.

Blue Moonlight
Apr 28, 2005
Bitter and Sarcastic

spit on my clit posted:

burying your dead is a religious institution that spans just about every religion, and some religions don't allow you to donate your body to medical science/donate your organs. to restrict those religious practices and beliefs would be horribly offensive to just about 90% of the world.

I think when your opinion starts with the premise that the dead are a waste of space, an appeal to religion is unlikely to change their mind.

It is, indeed, an unpopular opinion.

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Rhino, you did this to me!

spit on my clit posted:

gently caress everybody's religion. Frankly, if it's something that's for the betterment of everyone (vaccination, organ donation, healthcare in general) people's bullshit religious beliefs can shove it.

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Cutest tumor in all of Oncology!
I think all people are property of The State already but very specifically your corpse is. Because that's not even a person.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
Women are wonderful animals, they should be making music and writing novels about having a complex relationship with your mother.

Aramek posted:

I think all people are property of The State already but very specifically your corpse is. Because that's not even a person.

You might be property of The State, but I'm property of The Kids in the Hall

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

Henchman of Santa posted:

Yeah that's why the top 4 men's soccer teams are China, India, USA and Indonesia

What is actually unfair (but also really funny) is that FIFA splits things up enough that places like Isle of Man and Gibraltar have their own teams, which are absolutely terrible and have to compete in the world's hardest region.

2040 olympics featuring NAU, NuSSR, EU, England, Scotland, Wales, Northern Ireland, Mann, Gibraltar

Thekittymancer
Jul 7, 2019
France as a country is ridiculously overmarketed as a cultural center of the world, and the language sounds ridiculous.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Garrand posted:

gently caress everybody's religion. people's bullshit religious beliefs can shove it.

ah, you're thirteen, i see. well, the opinion of a teenager doesn't matter, anyway.

Thekittymancer posted:

France as a country is ridiculously overmarketed as a cultural center of the world, and the language sounds ridiculous.

just wait until you hear about french math

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

Aramek posted:

I think people have a right to determine what will be done with their corpse once they're dead. And I want mine used for a prank show where bosses think they're going undercover only to discover a dead body wearing the company uniform with a murder weapon bearing their own fingerprints.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar

Garrand posted:

gently caress everybody's religion. Frankly, if it's something that's for the betterment of everyone (vaccination, organ donation, healthcare in general) people's bullshit religious beliefs can shove it.

You are lumping in things that don't go together if you allow even a sliver of possibility that the (real, not cults like the ones that forbid medical treatment) religious might actually be correct. If you vaccinate someone or treat their disease, you're saving a life at no cost to anyone else. If you take someone's organs without permission God might deem you a necromancer or something and you are dooming your own soul to hell.

also if some tortured soul ever marries me (lol), I would absolutely not support doing a wedding registry. If you're coming to my wedding, presumably you know me. Do you own loving thinking, i'm not going to tell you what to buy. What fun is it if you know what you're going to get? Just give me cash if you're that uncreative.

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

by sebmojo
I will gift you an rear end of marzipan.

PHUO: Necromancy owns.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

yeah I eat rear end posted:

You are lumping in things that don't go together if you allow even a sliver of possibility that the (real, not cults like the ones that forbid medical treatment) religious might actually be correct. If you vaccinate someone or treat their disease, you're saving a life at no cost to anyone else. If you take someone's organs without permission God might deem you a necromancer or something and you are dooming your own soul to hell.

also if some tortured soul ever marries me (lol), I would absolutely not support doing a wedding registry. If you're coming to my wedding, presumably you know me. Do you own loving thinking, i'm not going to tell you what to buy. What fun is it if you know what you're going to get? Just give me cash if you're that uncreative.

Phuo: cash is the best possible gift.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Tubgoat posted:

I will gift you an rear end of marzipan.

PHUO: Necromancy owns.

Finally, someone says it! All my life it's been "No, don't bring dead crustaceans back to life to start an aquatic uprising", but now I'm validated!

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
Horus Heresy is the prequel to 40k, I'm sick and tired of 40k acting like it's the sequel to Horus Heresy.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

Phuo: cash is the best possible gift.

it is, but other people always make it weird. Even if you genuinely appreciate it, some relative is going to be like "i spend so much time finding a gift and you just give them cash? what is wrong with you?" etc. But no, you didn't spend so much time, you just bought some random thing you heard your coworkers talking about that you assumed i'd like.

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug
Gift giving has largely become meaningless in contemporary Western society. It's gotten plagued by marketing and conspicuous consumption. Gift registries are one of the absolute worst things ever created.

Trapick
Apr 17, 2006

My PHUO: it's equally likely that God hates vaccines, necromancy, and people who eat noodles, so it's really pointless to worry about.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
A lot of you guys haven't heard the news

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=myc7eHGg5y4

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

Trapick posted:

My PHUO: it's equally likely that God hates vaccines, necromancy, and people who eat noodles, so it's really pointless to worry about.

which means it makes the ultimate sense to employ his one weird trick for salvation.

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica

Garrand posted:

I don’t think there is a religion against vaccination. Unless it is just generic American stupidity.

e: which is a religion but

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

people who think Killdozer guy is a hero are real loving morons.

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

Gripweed posted:

Horus Heresy is the prequel to 40k, I'm sick and tired of 40k acting like it's the sequel to Horus Heresy.

loving seriously. The whole thing is the epitome of that "wow cool space marine" meme.

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica

veni veni veni posted:

people who think Killdozer guy is a hero are real loving morons.

They just kind of populate him as being against whatever they hate and let his corpse do what they can not.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

I don't "Get" space marines. why is their armor that big

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

which means it makes the ultimate sense to employ his one weird trick for salvation.

also i'd just like to note i have no idea what i was trying to say here

doverhog
May 31, 2013

Defender of democracy and human rights 🇺🇦

Because they are barely human cyborg monsters created to terrorize and destroy.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Because everything about Warhammer 40,000 is exaggerated to the extreme. It's a setting in which the only thing better than a machine gun with a flamethrower is a machine gun with a flamethrower and a chainsaw. Everything has the vibe of being designed by a committee of 8-year-old boys. It knows exactly how ridiculous it is an revels in it.

The real question is why aren't they even bigger and covered in even more skulls? And on fire?

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Tiggum posted:

Because everything about Warhammer 40,000 is exaggerated to the extreme. It's a setting in which the only thing better than a machine gun with a flamethrower is a machine gun with a flamethrower and a chainsaw. Everything has the vibe of being designed by a committee of 8-year-old boys. It knows exactly how ridiculous it is an revels in it.

The real question is why aren't they even bigger and covered in even more skulls? And on fire?

They literally did just make them bigger. And if you want skulls and fire, just paint them as Primaris Legion of the Damned

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
40k is about the imperium vs chaos and especially imperial space marines vs chaos space marines and people who complain about space marines getting the most attention are dumb. They’ve never pretended that dark elder are going to get as much attention as imperial space marines.

Their mistake was not just setting it in the heresy to begin with.

The setting would be exactly the same if you just removed basically any of the aliens except regular eldar. The setting would require a total rewrite if you removed the imperium or chaos, or kept them but removed space marines.

Edgar Allen Ho has a new favorite as of 14:09 on Jul 13, 2019