Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Platystemon)

Former DILF
Jul 13, 2017

Shear Modulus posted:

is why they have intimate knowledge or horse vaginas not one of those questions

oh no, i understand horse girls, just not racists

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

Shear Modulus posted:

is why they have intimate knowledge or horse vaginas not one of those questions

oh that ones easy her dad's a veterinarian and she was a vet tech

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

pretty hosed up that 30% of couples were incestuous in 1940

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

inter-sibling marriages weren't frowned upon back then.

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

my guess is thats actually like being introduced to people by your parents or something. and yeah, cousins and poo poo.

Krankenstyle posted:

inter-sibling marriages weren't frowned upon back then.

they definitely were tho

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

no they were totally legal and common

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

i've done this. once she got comfortable enough she admitted to me that black women's pussies freaked her out "because they look like a horse's"

about two years in. thanks, the south

What a strange way to realize I have no idea what a horse pussy looks like.

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

by sebmojo

LastInLine posted:

:cry: Something Awful has failed you. :cry:

PerniciousKnid
Sep 13, 2006

Interesting that bar has become more popular. I would've guessed that would be the biggest casualty of the internet.

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

I'm pretty sure if they arrest you for daring to question something, you didn't have any respect to lose in the first place.

Krankenstyle posted:

no they were totally legal and common

Smooth as a shark!

Enfys
Feb 17, 2013

The ocean is calling and I must go

Meeting through friends is taking a steep nosedive

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

LastInLine posted:

I think there are some Skyrim mods that can help you out

Xand_Man
Mar 2, 2004

If what you say is true
Wutang might be dangerous

Enfys posted:

That woman who made a chore chart for her husband where he got a blow job after the fifth time he successfully took out the trash or whatever would also love this

She's get more engagement with a variable reinforcement schedule. :colbert:

Back when I taught game programming I'd gamify some basic aspects of class (answering questions, contributing group resources) and as engagement with that point system fell off over the course of the semester we'd have in-class discussions about the psychological tricks used to gamify stuff, their limitations and whether the point system was something we even wanted to fix.

Honestly I'd want to do something similar with my own kids; these techniques aren't going away and being able to spot them helps defang them.

Ham Equity
Apr 16, 2013

The first thing we do, let's kill all the cars.
Grimey Drawer

What is the blue line that has vertical lines going through it? The one that starts at around 12% and drops to around 4%?

PerniciousKnid posted:

Interesting that bar has become more popular. I would've guessed that would be the biggest casualty of the internet.
"Met at a bar" is probably the default lie for people who are embarrassed about having met online.

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

Thanatosian posted:

What is the blue line that has vertical lines going through it? The one that starts at around 12% and drops to around 4%?

neighbors

which makes sense because almost no one even knows who their neighbors are anymore

MaxieSatan
Oct 19, 2017

critical support for anarchists

actionjackson posted:

neighbors

which makes sense because almost no one even knows who their neighbors are anymore

Neighbors is dark blue dashes and dots, I think Thanatosian meant the aqua one.

Rhesus Pieces
Jun 27, 2005

MaxieSatan posted:

Neighbors is dark blue dashes and dots, I think Thanatosian meant the aqua one.

I think the aqua one is "met in church"

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

I guess the most interesting points are coworkers and friends starting to fall in the 90s and college suddenly flopping off in the 2000s.

It does feel like a bit of a societal failure for every way of meeting people that involves people just knowing eachother to be falling, but I guess the real measure might be whether the frequency of coupling at all is rising or falling.

Take the plunge! Okay!
Feb 24, 2007

Interesting to see women enter the workforce mid century.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

Thanatosian posted:

"Met at a bar" is probably the default lie for people who are embarrassed about having met online.

does anyone honestly still care about that?

Ace of Baes
Jul 7, 1977
A lot of people were weird about meeting online until like 2010-2014 i feel like

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

my girlfriend’s mom is explicitly disappointed that her daughter is moving in with me out of wedlock. we are both in our 40s and have both been previously married, and each have a kid

people care about everything

Ace of Baes
Jul 7, 1977
I met my wife through my friend, who I met through a coworker, and my friend I met her through is her brother, so I guess I have a very rare relationship

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Ace of Baes posted:

I met my wife through my friend, who I met through a coworker, and my friend I met her through is her brother, so I guess I have a very rare relationship

funny, thats also how i met your mom

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
my sister met her husband at work where they bonded over shared trauma from working under a tyrannical and completely incompetent boss.

redsniper
Feb 15, 2012

uber_stoat posted:

bonded over shared trauma from working under a tyrannical and completely incompetent boss.

American dream bby!

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Ace of Baes posted:

A lot of people were weird about meeting online until like 2010-2014 i feel like

tinder changed the game

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

the one time wearing that guido fawkes mask actually makes sense

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.

Krankenstyle posted:

does anyone honestly still care about that?

*taps graph* Evidently not.

Former DILF
Jul 13, 2017

uber_stoat posted:

my sister met her husband at work where they bonded over shared trauma from working under a tyrannical and completely incompetent boss.

Your sister is Pam Halpert?

SardonicTyrant
Feb 26, 2016

BTICH IM A NEWT
熱くなれ夢みた明日を
必ずいつかつかまえる
走り出せ振り向くことなく
&

I tried going to a bar to meet people a few times and I always felt super pathetic.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

SardonicTyrant posted:

I tried going to a bar to meet people a few times and I always felt super pathetic.
next time duck

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

tinder changed the game

ya but i mean it was coming anyway. like 5 couples i know met online before tinder was a thing.

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010
the late 00s are about when general perception of the internet changed from "don't ever give out your real info online, you don't know who could be reading it and the web is full of creeps and weirdoes" to "put all your loving info out there, we don't want your loving anonymity in our big advertising datasets"

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

I know, I'm still old guard. still futilely shutting down apps and blocking everything. when I swipe on tinder it's like "let's meet at a bar, your pick"

gently caress putting more than the absolute minimum into their system

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Times square looks kinda cool when the power is out.

SardonicTyrant
Feb 26, 2016

BTICH IM A NEWT
熱くなれ夢みた明日を
必ずいつかつかまえる
走り出せ振り向くことなく
&

I was thinking about my grandpa who died when I was young and then I thought thank god he didn't live to see 2016 and that made me happy :unsmith:

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

SardonicTyrant posted:

I was thinking about my grandpa who died when I was young and then I thought thank god he didn't live to see 2016 and that made me happy :unsmith:

Same, but Leonardo Di Vinci

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

same but a dog and a cat all buddy buddy. world is a gently caress.