Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which House?
Black Eagles
Blue Lions
Golden Deer
View Results

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Could at least flip one or two, maybe.

Endorph posted:

smart money would 100% be on sothis and rhea.

she's in your head so that makes sense, probably on the level

my friend is hoping beyond hope it's catherine tho

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

Endorph posted:

Merce sounds like her english va is trying a bit too hard to be breathy, yeah. Fe healer asmr.

It's at least the only voice I actually dislike from the samples we got, it's just a shame that it had to be for the character with my favourite design and intriguing backstory. Not a big deal in the scheme of things, obviously.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

She might sound better post-timeskip too. I imagine most people will sound a little different.

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012
Honestly, I can kind of see why they went for Alois. Marital situation aside, he seems like a pretty fun dude to be around. I'm completely lost on Gilbert, though. Putting it gently, he seems like he's got some very niche appeal.

Tired Moritz posted:

Why dont IS want my fujo gold...
They probably would have made Jeritza a M/M option if they did. Nothing gets a fujoshi's imagination going like an antagonistic relationship between two attractive men.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
Alois is cute, but no Raphael?!

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Shhh... don't wake up the sleeping lion :3:

Alois is very cute but yeah Gilbert is... kind of a baffling choice from multiple angles, if true.

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

isn't alois kinda weird too doesn't he want to bang your dad

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

blizzardvizard posted:

Alois is very cute but yeah Gilbert is... kind of a baffling choice from multiple angles, if true.

Having some older guys as options isn't really uncommon for dating sims I think.

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

gilbert is for all the Leons in the audience

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

gilbert being such a nonstandard choice is what makes me like him imo

also they said this game didnt have kids but you can be annette's father in law

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
With the review embargo listed, do you think we might start getting some Let's Plays from reviewer/LPer hybrids on Youtube?

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

it seems like they only lifted the embargo for pre timeskip stuff, and there's probably limits on how much footage you can upload.

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

SyntheticPolygon posted:

Having some older guys as options isn't really uncommon for dating sims I think.

Yeah but even then they usually try to make them prettier, while Gilbert looks like a normal older dude. It's also the fact that Alois also already counts as an older dude, plus Gilbert has a daughter that you teach yourself, that makes me tilt my head a little.

But I don't actually mind it, though, and

Endorph posted:

I can definitely respect this

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)

Endorph posted:

also they said this game didnt have kids but you can be annette's father in law

Wouldnt that be stepdad?

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Tired Moritz posted:

Wouldnt that be stepdad?
do i look like i know what words mean

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Speaking of older dudes I'm slightly disappointed Seteth and his green chinstrap isn't an option though

Amppelix
Aug 6, 2010

With the amount of black bars going around in this thread, I think it might be time for me to stop reading until the game comes out! I won't be able to resist uncovering everything otherwise.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
We're just talking about which dudes we can fuggg

I wonder if dancers will also be gender-locked.

Tired Moritz fucked around with this message at 08:50 on Jul 13, 2019

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jwkVA8GlMgE

Someone noticed that at 2:57 in this intro cutscene, you can see modern skyscrapers for just under a second. Probably nothing relevant and just touching on the time travel aspect of the story, but an interesting detail.

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

they made 3haus an isekai

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
We saw floating islands in Fate and it meant jack poo poo

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Tired Moritz posted:

We saw floating islands in Fate and it meant jack poo poo

that mission where the old guy who fell off a bridge came back was set on a floating island

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
I hate that chapter!!

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Tired Moritz posted:

I hate that chapter!!

It was an interesting gimmick which was made much worse in Revelations.

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

I was all in on Edelgard but I just saw post-skip Dmitri

What do I do?!

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE

wuggles posted:

What do I do?!

Go with Claude! Golden Deer or bust!

Think about it: Do you want to join a house with an icky predator as it's mascot? I thought so! Deer are much more majestic creatures.

Arrrthritis
May 31, 2007

I don't care if you're a star, the moon, or the whole damn sky, you need to come back down to earth and remember where you came from

wuggles posted:

What do I do?!

Go with Claude.

marshmallow creep posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jwkVA8GlMgE

Someone noticed that at 2:57 in this intro cutscene, you can see modern skyscrapers for just under a second. Probably nothing relevant and just touching on the time travel aspect of the story, but an interesting detail.

I hope at some point we explore an underground cavern and find the decaying ruins of Tokyo beneath the continent.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Torrannor posted:

Go with Claude! Golden Deer or bust!

Think about it: Do you want to join a house with an icky predator as it's mascot? I thought so! Deer are much more majestic creatures.
golden deer has an icky predator his name is lorenz

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
Looking at the beast boss fight on youtube it seems as though they could be challenging to deal with due to the sheer amount of hp they have combined with an ability to attack multiple units at once.

not a bot
Jan 9, 2019

wuggles posted:

What do I do?!

Join Dimitri in his quest to smash the elites of course.

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012

not a bot posted:

And I thought Lorenz needed to keep it in his pants.

Alternatively:

Dimitri
Kills Every Last One of Them!

Hairy Right Hook
Sep 9, 2001

Hee to the ho

not a bot posted:

Dimitri wins the class award for most likely to own a guillotine

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe
Wait Dmitri is the guillotine guy? I thought for sure that'd end up being Claude.

Lord Koth
Jan 8, 2012

Deified Data posted:

Wait Dmitri is the guillotine guy? I thought for sure that'd end up being Claude.

Something bad happens to Dmitri during the timeskip that causes him to go all angrymans and "the nobility must be destroyed."

Edelgard goes all Evil Empress and wants to destroy all the crests - plus a helping of "anyone who doesn't agree with my ideas of justice needs to be destroyed too."

The trailers haven't said too much about post-timeskip Claude and what little we've gotten seems like "it'd be nice if we could all get along again." But, well...

"smile doesn't reach his eyes" huh? Basically, who knows what game he's playing, before OR after the timeskip.

not a bot
Jan 9, 2019

Lord Koth posted:

"smile doesn't reach his eyes" huh? Basically, who knows what game he's playing, before OR after the timeskip.

Before timeskip since there's an embargo on post-timeskip stuff. Also that's most likely an awkward translation and what it tries to say is that while Claude's smile is striking he doesn't smile with his eyes, as in his smile is insincere.

Jerry Manderbilt
May 31, 2012

No matter how much paperwork I process, it never goes away. It only increases.
claude in one of the more recent trailers was going "welp i don't wanna pity my friends, so i'll end them if it comes to it" or some poo poo like that

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

not a bot posted:

Before timeskip since there's an embargo on post-timeskip stuff. Also that's most likely an awkward translation and what it tries to say is that while Claude's smile is striking he doesn't smile with his eyes, as in his smile is insincere.

That's what 'smile doesn't reach his eyes' means, iunno how that's an awkward translation.

TriffTshngo
Mar 28, 2010

Don't get it twisted who your enemies are.
Seems like the idea is that the other two go nuts depending who you side with at the start, and that all 3 of them are good kids but that nobody involved is 100% purehearted.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

It'd be weird to only fight Blue Lions/Black Eagles on each others routes with Deer nowhere insight, so I'd imagine Claude's deal is trying to play both sides.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

not a bot posted:

its a fairly common english phrase tho?