Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

It's also neat that you've been swapping characters increasingly frequently in the run up to the boss so it's the natural culmination of that instead of a new gimmick introduced solely for the bossfight.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Organza Quiz
Nov 7, 2009

Qwertycoatl posted:

It's also neat that you've been swapping characters increasingly frequently in the run up to the boss so it's the natural culmination of that instead of a new gimmick introduced solely for the bossfight.

Yeah, I really loved that about it. Routes A and B are just the very slow start to the swaps.

Fhqwhgads
Jul 18, 2003

I AM THE ONLY ONE IN THIS GAME WHO GETS LAID
I finally finished all the good endings and I couldn't be mad at the final final ending. I wasn't planning on 100%'ing the game, got a good deal of stuff done, and actually felt good with how it deleted everything. That was my first Yoko Taro joint and I fully enjoyed every part of it.

Now I can go back and read all these black boxes finally!

UP AND ADAM
Jan 24, 2007

by Pragmatica
https://theark.wiki/w/Welcome

This is a cool site for lore questions and the follow-up written fiction, best appreciated after you beat the game.

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

https://www.reddit.com/r/PS4/comments/ccg6pe/possible_to_disable_trophy_from_unlocking_trying/

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

50 thousand people used to live here. Now, it's the Mushroom Kingdom.
You will peek under that skirt and let no one tell you otherwise

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

I somehow got that trophy in the space station corridors or one of the rooms, a location you explicitly can’t control the camera. I have the screenshot. You can’t prove otherwise.

Mymla
Aug 12, 2010
It's pretty weird how you can get an achievement for seeing 2b's panties, something that's literally impossible to avoid.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Does the trophy still trigger if you self destruct her clothes off first?

Unless your specific thing is looking up fictional skirts then surely that's the better stealthy play anyway for the aspiring robot perv.

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

"Welcome to pound town, Slifer slacker!"

History Comes Inside! posted:

Does the trophy still trigger if you self destruct her clothes off first?

Unless your specific thing is looking up fictional skirts then surely that's the better stealthy play anyway for the aspiring robot perv.

Well it does trigger but you still have to do the camera movement, it's actually specifically triggering the check in the game for 2B to move out of view and force the camera to reset. It activates in weird places because that particular check for camera orientation is probably always running even in places where you cannot change the angle. You also can get it from climbing ladders quite easily.

9S's version requires you to self destruct his clothes though, not that he minds.

Kuno
Nov 4, 2008
I finally played this game and drat it was real good.

Does anyone have any tips for beating the second Emil fight? It is loving me right up and when I google it seems like all the tips are for either the first fight (which I din't find all that difficult) or how to access the fight in the first place.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

If you can beat the cave fight then you shouldn't have much trouble with the second fight in the desert. You just sort of dodge around and hit whatever you can, whenever you can. What's giving you trouble?

Kuno
Nov 4, 2008
Maybe I'm just being impatient I dunno. Fight starts off easy enough but once I've killed a few heads they seem to start spamming lasers all the time. The first fight was super predictable. Just stand next to the boss to bait the sweep, punish, repeat. This version just seems very unpredictable.

I don't suppose I am missing something but when you kill the heads they don't actually go away right?

Edit: Just took another go at it this morning and did it fine. Either I was just tired last night or rng was being cruel

Kuno fucked around with this message at 10:42 on Jul 14, 2019

2house2fly
Nov 14, 2012

You did a super job wrapping things up! And I'm not just saying that because I have to!

If anyone judges you for looking up the skirt, they are free to play the game themselves and try not to do it

Unreal_One
Aug 18, 2010

Now you know how I don't like to use the sit-down gun, but this morning we just don't have time for mucking about.

I got ending E and never got the creeper achievement, y'all are just pervs.

UP AND ADAM
Jan 24, 2007

by Pragmatica
I'm sorry for being a true gamer

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Unreal_One posted:

I only got it because I bought it at the end.

Mymla
Aug 12, 2010

Unreal_One posted:

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

Unreal_One posted:

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

MORT cancels dance: interrupted by MORT
Wow, a bunch of cowards ITT

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
Jeez don't be a creeper. Just use self destruct!

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist
Just look at the robot's butt and get it over with.

RoadCrewWorker
Nov 19, 2007

camels aren't so great

Unreal_One posted:

I got ending A-Z and never got the creeper achievement, y'all are just pervs.
:same:

No Wave posted:

Just use self destruct!
uhm actually, it's a highly essential combat option and also a very deep and complex metaphor that's clearly going over your head, furthermo

meanwhile, yoko taro:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ke1YKF3tNCE

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

I tried to get it and it didn't work, which is possibly the most embarrassing outcome imaginable on several levels

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
I just brought the achievement after beating the game a second time. I got the short shorts achievement legitimately but that was a lot easier to get and felt a lot less questionable.

Mymla
Aug 12, 2010
I'm not sure I'd call staring at the 15 year old boy's rear end "less questionable" than staring at the 20 year old girl's rear end.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Mymla posted:

I'm not sure I'd call staring at the 15 year old boy's rear end "less questionable" than staring at the 20 year old girl's rear end.

You don't have to stare at it though. You just have to blow up his outfit and then just keep on playing the game.

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

"Welcome to pound town, Slifer slacker!"

Also the short shorts aren’t much of a change to 9S normal clothing, the same cannot be said of 2B losing her skirt to just be in her leotard.

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

Just peep her rear end you bitch

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

6O to 9S:

Irony Be My Shield posted:

Just peep her rear end you bitch

Sleekly
Aug 21, 2008

Just started playing this, it look enormous! I like it so far.
Any fishing tips? Good spots? Do I need any gear or anything?

Thanks!

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

50 thousand people used to live here. Now, it's the Mushroom Kingdom.

Sleekly posted:

Thanks!

Fishing is super optional but it can be a good source of money. Just drop the lure and wait till it sinks.

You should try fishing on the coast (once you get there). You might catch something unusual with patience.

Sleekly
Aug 21, 2008

Sweet thank you.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.

Sleekly posted:

Yea, it has more polygons than the entirety of Ocarina of Time

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Sleekly posted:

Thanks!

If you want to 100% fishing you’re likely to go mad but it’s worth it to fish at least a few times in distinctive areas or water bodies. Basically if there’s visible water you can probably fish there from somewhere, even if you’re a hundred feet above the water.

Edit: And yeah, fish on the coastal area a few times. You’ll know what you’re looking for when you find it.

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

for tips I would say save often (duh) and know that you can always reload a save to get your chips back easy. You don't have to do a corpse run unless you feel like it or haven't saved.

assuming you're playing on normal, it's generally going to be pretty chill. You can very easily get good chips that make you very powerful. You can always play around to make yourself more vulnerable. I've heard a lot of people say normal is too easy but hard is too hard.

You'll get a chance to replay and revisit everything, so don't freak out about missing something. There's one minor exception when you fight the optional superboss so just come back here when you're a lot further along.

Oberndorf
Oct 20, 2010

And as long as you’re fishing, make sure to fish in the sewer, too. Something fun hidden there. Didn’t take too long to find, it there may be some RNG.

Sleekly
Aug 21, 2008

Thanks all. I'm definitely going to fish a lot, I doubt I'll 100% the game though.

Odd game this, I'm glad I got it.

EthanSteele
Nov 18, 2007

I can hear you
Got ending A after playing all weekend and the game crashes to desktop whenever it tries to do the post-credits save. Googling around it looks like the only way anyone had of solving it is playing the game from scratch again but I'm not particularly enthusiastic about redoing those 18 hours right now. Anyone have this happen and have any solutions?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.
I assume you're already using the PC fix mod, FAR, I think?