Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!
Wonder if Epstein had any dirt on Turner

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Oxygenpoisoning posted:

CNN has been really annoying me with their coverage of the Epstein poo poo lately. They refused to call him a pedophile or child molester and constantly refer to it as “sex with underaged women.” The word women infers adulthood, which a 13 year old definitely isn’t. Like how’s it hard to do the right thing against something that is pretty much universally considered vile.

NPR did the same thing, talking about R Kelly too.

"Underaged women" are called "girls."
They raped girls. They molested girls. They forced girls into sex slavery. loving middle school girls. Imagine if I went into my classroom and said "hello, boys and underaged women!"
JFC, news orgs need to suck less.

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost
Times underage people are boys, kids, or girls:

Mad about climate change, politics, or the general state of the world.

Times they are men or women:

Right after some guy molested them, raped them, shot them to death, or arrested them.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Oxygenpoisoning posted:

CNN has been really annoying me with their coverage of the Epstein poo poo lately. They refused to call him a pedophile or child molester and constantly refer to it as “sex with underaged women.” The word women infers adulthood, which a 13 year old definitely isn’t. Like how’s it hard to do the right thing against something that is pretty much universally considered vile.

Doing the right thing doesn't make as much money :capitalism:

Cugel the Clever
Apr 5, 2009
I LOVE AMERICA AND CAPITALISM DESPITE BEING POOR AS FUCK. I WILL NEVER RETIRE BUT HERE'S ANOTHER 200$ FOR UKRAINE, SLAVA
I know it feels like screaming into the wind, but these orgs typically have some kind of point of contact for feedback about their treatment of stories. Call or email them. There's probably plenty of people within the org that agree with these complaints and being able to point at feedback lends them some measure of strength.

I don't know how much it made a difference, but back when disingenuous hacks were crying wolf about Ilhan Omar's criticism of the Israel lobby, even Minnesota Public Radio was opening the story with one-sided stories like "Omar embroiled in anti-Semitism controversy" that failed to actually communicate what she said, which left the low-information listener with the impression of a broad consensus that her remarks were anti-Semitic and too vile to repeat on the radio. After a day or two, public backlash and internal discussion about this dishonest framing seemed to marginally shift the needle toward acknowledging up front that there was real disagreement about her words and allowed the content of her message to be aired for listeners to decide for themselves.

So call them out on this. Encourage people you know to call them out. Griping about it in an echo chamber is fun and all, but maybe also try throwing ten minutes at writing a succinct, not-crazy-person email about what they did wrong with details on the particular segments/timeslots in which it happened.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

Hot Karl Marx posted:

Wonder if Epstein had any dirt on Turner

Turner sold CNN 20 years ago, so who cares.

Oxygenpoisoning posted:

I just pulled up five CNN stories about Epstein and none of them did this. Is there actually some kind of trend here, or did someone see it once and now it's A Thing to be mad about?

Godholio fucked around with this message at 17:19 on Jul 13, 2019

Shaddak
Nov 13, 2011

You know, I don't know why I expect good things. I clicked that link, thinking "Please tell me it's not Nathan Bedford Forrest." And, welp....

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Godholio posted:

Turner sold CNN 20 years ago, so who cares.

I just pulled up five CNN stories about Epstein and none of them did this. Is there actually some kind of trend here, or did someone see it once and now it's A Thing to be mad about?

I believe I heard it on CNN earlier regarding Epstein, but I know I heard it this morning on NPR:

https://www.npr.org/templates/transcript/transcript.php?storyId=741121054

quote:

ALLYN: And they alleged that over nearly two decades, R. Kelly committed just heinous acts against underaged women, according to prosecutors.

SimonCat
Aug 12, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
College Slice

Flying_Crab posted:

But with napalm this time.

Sherman torched the South, but he engineered the near extinction of the buffalo. Still, he was a lot more straight forward than most of the Confederate generals I've read about and owned his actions rather than trying to justify and white wash them after the fact.

Someone should cast Jackie Earle Hailey in a movie about him.

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Ask me about Proposition 305

Do you like muskets?

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

New Orleans is expected to get 2 feet of rain. Yes, 2 feet of rain.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/weat...m=.b288a8682261

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!
https://twitter.com/RudyGiuliani/status/1150041509175209986

:thunk:

SimonCat
Aug 12, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
College Slice
https://www.military.com/daily-news/2019/07/10/most-veterans-say-iraq-afghanistan-wars-werent-worth-it-pew-report.html

You don't say.

aphid_licker
Jan 7, 2009

psydude posted:

RIP

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
Well that's certainly a challenge coin

https://twitter.com/ParkerMolloy/status/1150040763855769600?s=19

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

I got an addiction that will never go away, nightmares, and a wife who has to love a broken man with robot knees.
Halliburton's portfolio went up by a billion dollars.
It wasn't worth it.
It wasn't worth the time, energy, emotion, blood and treasure. We gained nothing but debt and dead.

bird cooch
Jan 19, 2007
But guys did you see the area 51 memes LOL LOL LOL.

This country loving sucks.

Coldwar timewarp
May 8, 2007

bird cooch posted:

But guys did you see the area 51 memes LOL LOL LOL.

This country loving sucks.

Yes they are funny. There are many less funny filler and fluff pieces. Not sure they halted news in any meaningful sense. It will also show the brutality the US is willing to perpetrate against their own citizens, if it goes anywhere.

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Coldwar timewarp posted:

Yes they are funny. There are many less funny filler and fluff pieces. Not sure they halted news in any meaningful sense. It will also show the brutality the US is willing to perpetrate against their own citizens, if it goes anywhere.

https://twitter.com/ellie_olb/status/1149516892677165056

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

Dare I ask what the Area 51 meme wave is all about?

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

theres a big facebook group that plans to storm area 51 all at once to see what theyre hiding there

"they cant kill us all"

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hot Karl Marx posted:

theres a big facebook group that plans to storm area 51 all at once to see what theyre hiding there

"they cant kill us all"

Uhhhhh...:stare:

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
That sounds like a challenge to me. Because I bet you they can.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

You know what, I'm down. Have them try that poo poo

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country

psydude posted:

Donnie you're doing a heckuva job!

bird cooch
Jan 19, 2007

Hot Karl Marx posted:

"they cant kill us all"

In the face of this

https://twitter.com/shannonrwatts/status/1149890681160081410?s=20

It just makes me sad.

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

https://twitter.com/jcartillier/sta...ingawful.com%2F

:tinfoil:

Serjeant Buzfuz
Dec 5, 2009

The space wars have begun, REMEMBEr SaiLor

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

Against All Tyrants

Ultra Carp

Hot Karl Marx posted:

"they cant kill us all"

it's going to end with a couple dozen fat nerds taking the joke too far, trying and failing to climb a chain link fence, and then getting heat stroke from wandering around the goddamn desert

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

Lou Takki posted:

The space wars have begun, REMEMBEr SaiLor

Buddy, I can only remember Sailor

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Acebuckeye13 posted:

it's going to end with a couple dozen fat nerds taking the joke too far, trying and failing to climb a chain link fence, and then getting heat stroke from wandering around the goddamn desert

We can hope

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

It's super dumb, but I can't stop myself. This is just kind of how I do things.

Acebuckeye13 posted:

Pretty much.

Terrifying Effigies
Oct 22, 2008

Problems look mighty small from 150 miles up.

Posted it in another thread but its definitely going to end with Germans in Death Valley Part Zwei.

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u

Pence looks like he's trying to pick a lobster out of a tank for dinner, but mother won't be impressed by his choice.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

How is he still alive and being invited to things?

Bored As Fuck
Jan 1, 2006
Fun Shoe

Stultus Maximus posted:

How is he still alive and being invited to things?

rear end in a top hat moronic Republicans keep inviting him because he's the token Jew they can point to when they get accused of being anti Semetic.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

Vasudus posted:

That sounds like a challenge to me. Because I bet you they can.

Bored As Fuck
Jan 1, 2006
Fun Shoe
Can you imagine how many MK19's they have, too?

Stravag
Jun 7, 2009

Its area 51. Can you imagine how much poo poo we dont even know exists they have? loving madmax poo poo where it fires circular saw blades at 1km/sec at a rate of 20 rounds a second because why not.

Edit: actually while were making poo poo up lets go full :wtc: , belt fed rotary 6 gauge shotguns firing a mix of slug, 00 buck shot and dragonsbreath rounds firing between 550 and 600 rounds a minute

Stravag fucked around with this message at 22:14 on Jul 13, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

At area 51 they probably just have boring U-2 replacement drones, the B-21, enemy SAMs and some test radars.

Everyone knows the aliens were taken to Wright-Pratt after the crash.