Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Flytrap
Apr 30, 2013
Things I have acquired since the Tennocon Relay opened

Primed Reach
Prisma Gorgon
Prisma Grinlok

Things I have not acquired

The Paracesis

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer
I have a lore question. I just killed the Exploiter Orb for the first time yesterday and I didn’t really understand what the cave we are in is meant to be, what the orb actually IS, as in is it a person in a robot body or an AI, and what they were on about with Zudd and her sisters and SU.

Tulip
Jun 3, 2008

yeah thats pretty good

Lightning Knight posted:

I have a lore question. I just killed the Exploiter Orb for the first time yesterday and I didn’t really understand what the cave we are in is meant to be, what the orb actually IS, as in is it a person in a robot body or an AI, and what they were on about with Zudd and her sisters and SU.

Not a lore master here but

The cave is a former city, Deck 12, that Solaris lived in, similar to Fortuna. The Orb I'm pretty sure is an AI, partially Sentient but hard to say if that should count as an intelligence outside of 'Corpus artifice.' The city was wiped out by Exploiter in retaliation for collaborating with SU. Zuud and her sisters were...psychically linked? And all but the Zuud we know died, but Zuud was their collective term anyway.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Zuud is a whole other level of hosed up, because when her networked sisters were killed she was left with echoes of them in her mind. As far as I can tell these echoes were instructions, intentions and feelings that were sent or halfway through sending when the connection was cut.

The echoes have driven her mad by constantly hounding her, but also, this is the only scrap of her sisters she has left - if she removes the echoes, they're gone forever. So she is stuck.

Arsonide
Oct 18, 2007

You're breaking my balls here
So after hearing the Lotus' rants during the Ropalolyst I have a lore theory about her.

Natah was sent to infiltrate the Orokin and destroy the Tenno, but was discovered. The Sentients are basically AI, so the Orokin "leashed" Natah with a device housing AI derived and / or trained from the personality of Margulis so that Natah could be repurposed to care for the Tenno as Margulis did. That leash device, housing the Margulis AI, is the Lotus' helmet that is currently sitting in our quarters. Look at images of the Lotus before the helmet was removed, it has cords and wires coming out of the back of it. It even looked like a leash. Natah said she'd been imprisoned with us.

When Ballas removed her helmet, he freed Natah.

The distinction in other words, is that Natah was never actually the Lotus. The original Lotus that we know is actually the helmet itself, and most importantly it does not matter who wears it.

I like this theory for a few reasons. It means that in the New War we will not be recovering Natah, we'll probably be killing her, and someone else will take up the mantle of the Lotus. It also gives Rebecca an out, as there have been rumors here and there that she might want to move on from voicing the Lotus.

Kokoro Wish
Jul 23, 2007

Post? What post? Oh wow.
I had nothing to do with THAT.
Lots of people want that Lotus to die by their hand it seems. Personally I want her back.

However if you missed Tennocon they did state that she has a choice to make. Do you choose the family your're born to or the family you've grown with. aka the Sentients or the Tenno. So sparing sounds like a definite possibility, if not what is just outright going to happen. I am quite looking forwrd to the New War.

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

What did the grandma say to the frog?

Something racist, probably.
Turn the traitor into a loving sword or something.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord
bring back hunhow

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Kill the lotus, hand the briefings over to:

- ordis,
- hok,
- vay hek

Tylana
May 5, 2011

Pillbug
I want both just split The Natah deepfake and the farmerAI into two entities

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Bobby Deluxe posted:

Kill the lotus, hand the briefings over to:

- ordis,
- hok,
- vay hek

- Clem

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
Tyl Regor.

Orv
May 4, 2011

Echophonic posted:

Tyl Regor.

v1ld
Apr 16, 2012

Echophonic posted:

Tyl Regor.

But he's so manic.

GenericOverusedName
Nov 24, 2009

KUVA TEAM EPIC
Maroo!

Quill
Jan 19, 2004

v1ld posted:

But he's so manic.

He's just off his meds.

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Les Ricains tuent et moi je mue
Mao Mao
Les fous sont rois et moi je bois
Mao Mao
Les bombes tonnent et moi je sonne
Mao Mao
Les bebes fuient et moi je fuis
Mao Mao

Arsonide posted:

So after hearing the Lotus' rants during the Ropalolyst I have a lore theory about her.

The distinction in other words, is that Natah was never actually the Lotus. The original Lotus that we know is actually the helmet itself, and most importantly it does not matter who wears it.

yeah i don't like this but thankfully don't think will be the case because if it is basically the whole lotus/natah character is kind of pointless. that the TrueAI killing machine tries and ends up being a bad mother is far more interesting than someone put a helmet on them that makes them think they're a good mother (and fails horribly at it)

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

Improbable Lobster posted:

bring back hunhow

i care nothing about him and am way more interested in seeing natah's mom who she explicitly mentions at the end of the sacrifice and might even start showing up in regards to new war content

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

Johnny Joestar posted:

i care nothing about him and am way more interested in seeing natah's mom who she explicitly mentions at the end of the sacrifice and might even start showing up in regards to new war content

I am curious about what the Sentient version of a carpenter is

Shart Carbuncle
Aug 4, 2004

Star Trek:
The Motion Picture
I just started playing this game, what's the ugliest frame (and therefore the one I should be trying to get)?

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

hydroid or nidus i guess

Kokoro Wish
Jul 23, 2007

Post? What post? Oh wow.

The Sentients are terraforming devices, so I am guess that she'd be resculpting the surface, maybe even building initial structures for colonisation.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

Shart Carbuncle posted:

I just started playing this game, what's the ugliest frame (and therefore the one I should be trying to get)?

turn off your monitor

Kokoro Wish
Jul 23, 2007

Post? What post? Oh wow.

Awesome! posted:

hydroid or nidus i guess

Nidus is loving beautiful, don't even.

My vote would maybe beeeee... Atlas?

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Chroma or Frost.

The Jumpoff
May 4, 2011
Your dad's in the Russian Mafia, that's the jumpoff!
Ugliest frame is Vauban, hands down. Ugly on the outside (appearance) AND ugly on the inside (very outdated move set that is done way better by several other frames).

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao

its nidus

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

Nidus gets this helmet

https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/warframe/images/1/16/U24.2NidusHelm.png/revision/latest?cb=20181218180014

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao

yeah he's very ugly

Shart Carbuncle
Aug 4, 2004

Star Trek:
The Motion Picture
Ok, some of this poo poo is actually frightening. Bold design choice!

Tulip
Jun 3, 2008

yeah thats pretty good

Kokoro Wish posted:

Nidus is loving beautiful, don't even.

My vote would maybe beeeee... Atlas?

Why do you hate Jojo?

Pipski
Apr 18, 2004

The Jumpoff posted:

Ugliest frame is Vauban, hands down. Ugly on the outside (appearance) AND ugly on the inside (very outdated move set that is done way better by several other frames).

Vauban is a groovy space beefeater. Ash is probably the naffest looking, with his billowy PVC trousers (although his Locust alt helmet is p cool.)

Mr. Met
Jan 14, 2008

Personally I preferred the mixed nuts caper!
Do people find teralyst normally doable in a PUG on PS4? I thought I'd try it for the first time since I have a Vectis Prime, Chroma Prime, and 1/1/1 Amp finally, but people did so little damage it went back to into the water at the end of the night phase and we failed.

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.

she builds ships

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

Mr. Met posted:

Do people find teralyst normally doable in a PUG on PS4? I thought I'd try it for the first time since I have a Vectis Prime, Chroma Prime, and 1/1/1 Amp finally, but people did so little damage it went back to into the water at the end of the night phase and we failed.

1 competent person can easily carry a teralyst group. you just ended up with 3 other noobs.

vectis isnt great for eidolons since the scope bonus is only for headshots. rubico prime and lanka are the 2 most popular snipers for eidolons.

if you were chroma it was your job to shoot the limbs after each shield goes down. i dont really recommend chroma right away since you are kind of the driver of the group and it puts the most emphasis on your gun not sucking.

Mr. Met
Jan 14, 2008

Personally I preferred the mixed nuts caper!

Awesome! posted:

1 competent person can easily carry a teralyst group. you just ended up with 3 other noobs.

vectis isnt great for eidolons since the scope bonus is only for headshots. rubico prime and lanka are the 2 most popular snipers for eidolons.

if you were chroma it was your job to shoot the limbs after each shield goes down. i dont really recommend chroma right away since you are kind of the driver of the group and it puts the most emphasis on your gun not sucking.

Ok - I'll give it another try. That raid type content isn't my favorite, but I at least wanted to be able to get Quills to level 2 so I can make Revenant.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
if you do terry with a pub group you need to either be able to carry it or hope one of the pubbies can. the pubbies quite often can do so, so it's not as bleak as it sounds.

unbuttonedclone
Dec 30, 2008
All you need for ugly is the infested palette.

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

Bleh, been getting tons of constant irregular stuttering since the Wukong P patch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.
Hey, it's really cool that DE is going to follow through on its promise after all, and I admit I was wrong. A lot of game companies would have just said "gently caress off, buy the character" but in this case, DE didn't go that route and that's good.