Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

I thought most of the skunk works stuff was relocated in the 90s anyway?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stravag
Jun 7, 2009

Probably. There were a bunch of area 51 discovery and history channel things where people with cameras were getting right up to the fences instead of getting intercepted a mile out by MPs

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006
Seriously, shut the fuck up.

:dukedog:
Just a gently caress load of those Humvee mounted microwave cannons.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Maybe with the proliferation of high resolution commercial imaging satellites they probably can’t have anything “interesting” visible so it’s not that big of a deal?

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
If it's anything like other places in DoD where there's something of value, you'll know when you're not supposed to be there.

Edgar
Sep 9, 2005

Oh my heck!
Oh heavens!
Oh my lord!
OH Sweet meats!
Wedge Regret
They moved everything out to Dugway.

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

The alien survivor actually died but not before establishing relations between the US Government and Zeta Reticuli :colbert:

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
"They can't stop us all"? Really?

What's the high score on a single drone strike? Let's set some records

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006
Seriously, shut the fuck up.

:dukedog:
If I was a gate guard at that base, I'd bring one of those green inflatable aliens and prop it up in the booth, hand it to them and tell them to gently caress off.

bird cooch
Jan 19, 2007
Was it this thread or another thread where we just went over canister shot?

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
You don't even have to do anything lethal. Some CS gas and a few LRADs would deter anything but the most determined crowd. Americans are absolute poo poo at rioting compared to the rest of the world.

bird cooch
Jan 19, 2007
A nineteen-year-old private letting a burst off of the 50 cal into the dirt would probably caused the great pants shitining of 2019.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

Time to try out the Flying Ginsu

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]

Vasudus posted:

You don't even have to do anything lethal. Some CS gas and a few LRADs would deter anything but the most determined crowd. Americans are absolute poo poo at rioting compared to the rest of the world.

:negative: it’s true

colachute
Mar 15, 2015

I don’t know what happens when they get there but this is probably what happens when they try to leave

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pehF-9DmZdU

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
Fire a can round over their heads and call the ambulance to deal with thousands of deaf people.

bird cooch
Jan 19, 2007

not caring here posted:

Fire a can round over their heads and call the ambulance to deal with thousands of deaf people.

Or just let them in and then lock the gate behind them.

Wait a loving second what am I describing here?

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Sooooooooooo

https://twitter.com/AmichaiStein1/status/1150145587263791105

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

So much winning. Obviously we are widely respected now.

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."
pour one out for the comrade who got shot by the pigs while trying to go commando against an ICE facility

https://www.seattletimes.com/seattl...ned_buffer_tw_m

https://twitter.com/generalissima_/status/1150193641102594049

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

Relentlessboredomm posted:

pour one out for the comrade who got shot by the pigs while trying to go commando against an ICE facility

https://www.seattletimes.com/seattl...ned_buffer_tw_m

https://twitter.com/generalissima_/status/1150193641102594049

Not gonna lie my first thought on hearing this was that it was some CHUD poo poo head that wanted to burn all the immigrants alive. Thinking we need more "raid with fence cutters and let them all free" than violence that can go poorly for the victims.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

bird food bathtub posted:

"They can't stop us all"? Really?

What's the high score on a single drone strike? Let's set some records

Who needs a drone strike. It's literally up the road from where we tested the bombs designed to, in fact, kill that many people at once.

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

It's almost like everyone forgot we have AC130 and miniguns.

colachute
Mar 15, 2015

Actually the second amendment is designed for me to be able to go up against a tyrannical government so Area 51 should be no sweat

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Stravag posted:

Its area 51. Can you imagine how much poo poo we dont even know exists they have? loving madmax poo poo where it fires circular saw blades at 1km/sec at a rate of 20 rounds a second because why not.

Edit: actually while were making poo poo up lets go full :wtc: , belt fed rotary 6 gauge shotguns firing a mix of slug, 00 buck shot and dragonsbreath rounds firing between 550 and 600 rounds a minute

Nah they test the fun boom stuff at China Lake.

Best Friends
Nov 4, 2011

I don't know anything about area 51 but I bet you could completely prevent access to it by 99.999% of Americans very safely by closing one or two roads. It's July in Nevada. No one is going cross country by foot in except like four hardcore lunatics and you know what? Those guys earned a tour.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

Best Friends posted:

I don't know anything about area 51 but I bet you could completely prevent access to it by 99.999% of Americans very safely by closing one or two roads. It's July in Nevada. No one is going cross country by foot in except like four hardcore lunatics and you know what? Those guys earned a tour.

It's also the worst part of NV, with very few roads in or out.

Hannibal Rex
Feb 13, 2010

bird food bathtub posted:

Not gonna lie my first thought on hearing this was that it was some CHUD poo poo head that wanted to burn all the immigrants alive. Thinking we need more "raid with fence cutters and let them all free" than violence that can go poorly for the victims.

He was 68. I've got a feeling Cop-assisted Suicide is going to be a booming sector of the American health-care system for the elderly.

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."
apparently he did successfully destroy some GEO transport vehicles

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

Relentlessboredomm posted:

apparently he did successfully destroy some GEO transport vehicles

Not enough.

Coasterphreak
May 29, 2007
I like cookies.
If I wanted to hide the remains of an alien spacecraft I'd put them in a nondescript warehouse in Tulsa or Omaha or Fargo or something, not at SECRET GOVERNMENT BASE

Loden Taylor
Aug 11, 2003

EBB posted:

Nah they test the fun boom stuff at China Lake.

Looking forward to them storming the gates at Groom Lake and discovering a couple of metal panels with a coating that absorbs radar 2.3% better than current aircraft skins.

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

It's super dumb, but I can't stop myself. This is just kind of how I do things.
People don't seem to realize that area 51 was never a secret back in the 50s and 60s. They even had a local softball team. People decided it was a huge secret and the government just decided "okay, it's secret then".

Internet Wizard
Aug 9, 2009

BANDAIDS DON'T FIX BULLET HOLES

The government did encourage the alien stuff to cover up the squadron of MiGs they were flying out of Are 51 for most of the Cold War, though.

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost
https://twitter.com/marksimoneny/status/1150018576994230272?s=21

:thunk:

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!
cool trump just tweeted out basically that Omar should go back to Africa

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
President a bigoted white supremacist, so what?

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country

Hot Karl Marx posted:

cool trump just tweeted out basically that Omar should go back to Africa

Oh c'mon I doubt he ACTUALLY said that, let me check Twitter...

Holy crap he literally said that. Like, those exact words.

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!
really glad pelosi starting dunking on Omar, AOC, and Tlaib which I'm sure these tweets had nothing to do with at all, completely unrelated

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tryzzub
Jan 1, 2007

Mudslide Experiment