Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hamhandler
Aug 9, 2008

[I want to] shit in your fucking mouth. [I'm going to] slap your fucking mouth. [I'm going to] slap your real mother across the face [laughter]. Fuck you, you're still a rookie. I'll kill you.
Running back can get complicated, but if you've got a dumb guy you can get them out on the field and productive while narrowing the scheme more than other positions.

The full scheme depending on your team is a bazillion runs, a pretty robust route tree, and a blocking scheme that can get pretty complex. Tight end is probably more stuff though at the end of the day among other skill positions.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

latinotwink1997 posted:

See hole, run through it. Rocket science basically.

A definite grasp on why Le'Veon Bell was considered phenomenal

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Hunt11 posted:

Are you sure about that?

gently caress Trent Richardson.

colachute
Mar 15, 2015

Someone post that raiders pic of the RB running into a clusterfuck of a line with a hole the size of a pickup truck right next to him.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
Trent Richardson hype was so much "THE MOST NFL READY PLAYER IN THE DRAFT!" etc. Goddamn. Goddamn. And I'm someone who won't mind taking a RB in the 1st as long as I know I have a good O-Line.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Gatts posted:

Trent Richardson hype was so much "THE MOST NFL READY PLAYER IN THE DRAFT!" etc. Goddamn. Goddamn. And I'm someone who won't mind taking a RB in the 1st as long as I know I have a good O-Line.

How often does "MOST NFL-READY" actually pan out? It seems like it's about 50/50. Sometimes you get Richardson or Aaron Curry, other times you get Quenton Nelson or Derwin James.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

SKULL.GIF posted:

How often does "MOST NFL-READY" actually pan out? It seems like it's about 50/50. Sometimes you get Richardson or Aaron Curry, other times you get Quenton Nelson or Derwin James.

Soloman Thomas was supposed to be "NFL ready high floor" guy who has so far completely busted.

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B2RdidO0pkM
hit the hole!

SKULL.GIF posted:

It's probably the worst descriptor of professional league ability in all the big sports. if you're NFL READY and not being picked in the top 3 or 4 then you're just a regular prospect like everyone else.

Inspector 34
Mar 9, 2009

DOES NOT RESPECT THE RUN

BUT THEY WILL
Rosen was supposed to be NFL ready

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

SKULL.GIF posted:

I feel like it works really well with linemen, somehow more so if they're not considered "athletic" and linebackers / tight ends. With most of the skill positions - it's probably a wash. Seems like all the time though there's a guard or centre or defensive tackle that's known as an NFL ready great technician who slips a bit because their combine numbers don't jump off the page only for them to become perennial pro bowlers and 10 year players.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

Inspector 34 posted:

With the garbage fire that was going on with the Cardinals last year and most certainly the dolphins this year I think he's purely hosed. Rosen is doomed to "What could've been"

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

Ches Neckbeard posted:

With the garbage fire that was going on with the Cardinals last year and most certainly the dolphins this year I think he's purely hosed. Rosen is doomed to "What could've been"

Ah so he got Tim Couch’d

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Ches Neckbeard posted:

Soloman Thomas was supposed to be "NFL ready high floor" guy who has so far completely busted.

Solly Thomas has sucked rear end so far but I'm giving him a pass for last year because his sister lost her life to suicide

This year its shape up or ship the gently caress out though

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.

SKULL.GIF posted:

Jarvis Jones was supposed to be a can't miss pass rusher because he was so productive in the SEC despite having a lovely combine, and Bud Dupree posted a basically identical combine to Clowney's, and despite be a little raw also bullied the SEC. Turns out neither one of them knows how to play football

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

Inspector 34 posted:

He looked better than skelton did, so they're right he was nfl ready.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
He’s no Ryan Lindley, the worst QB i’ve ever seen in my life.

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

Gonz posted:

oh man he was the pro-ready one. that was completely insulting to fans for the draft media to spin him as ready for the nfl after calling a pro style offense

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Gonz posted:

I've been to a bunch of Umass games, so I can't say that, but he's probably the worst QB I've ever seen in the NFL, including the preseason.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

Kalli posted:

I've been to a bunch of Umass games, so I can't say that, but he's probably the worst QB I've ever seen in the NFL, including the preseason.

A fair point.

He still holds the record for most pass attempts prior to a first NFL TD (228). When the Cardinals had that playoff game against the Panthers, everybody in the Valley was begging Cardinals ownership to sign literally any free agent QB off the street because they knew what would happen if they didn’t.

They ended up being correct in their predictions.

He’s the quarterbacks coach for the Browns now, so Baker Mayfield should not listen to a thing he says. Ever. There is nothing to be learned from Ryan Lindley, except to watch tape of his career and doing the exact opposite.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

Max Hall and John Skelton were almost as bad.

Almost.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
Nathan Peterman

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
https://twitter.com/AndyDelaup/status/1150088670348812289?s=19

NEW ORLEANS: <about to get wiped off the map> 28-3 lmao

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!
E:60 has a piece up about Matt Millen's heart transplant. He's this weird mix of sympathetic and unsympathetic, and it's a hell of a story.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Spoeank posted:

See, when other sports writers just basically ignore the New Orleans-Atlanta rivalry, point them to something like this. In the middle of a tropical storm emergency, we still make time to burn the Falcons.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.

Spoeank posted:

This offseason is showing everyone how terrible the Saints fanbase is and I love it.

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Nathan Peterman

Nathan Peterman is infinitely more exciting, At least INTs are receptions. No one was catching Lindy's passes

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

weird Asian candy posted:

This offseason is showing everyone how terrible the Saints fanbase is and I love it.

if you arent a falcons fan the video owns, actually

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.

Spoeank posted:

if you arent a falcons fan the video owns, actually

I mean I have to admire the level they go in at but like 28-3 hasn't set off a Falcon fan in probably atleast a year and a half. It doesn't even move the needle at this point so Saint fans acting all "GOTEM" is pretty funny but more importantly during Katrina a bunch of their people flee'd to Atlanta so the level of petty is pretty hilarious.

That karma they are are building tho is great. Minny Miracle. No call. Can't wait to see what this year brings! :allears:

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Probably an 8-8 Falcons season while the Saints cruise to playoffs again

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

ELO Musk posted:

Probably an 8-8 Falcons season while the Saints cruise to playoffs again

:hmmyes:

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
Ryan Lindley was sabotaged

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

Ryan Lindley is, by a large margin, the worst QB I've ever seen start an NFL playoff game

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

a neat cape posted:

Ryan Lindley was sabotaged

By a Ryan Lindley doppelgänger?

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

MY NIGGA D-LINK posted:

Ryan Lindley is, by a large margin, the worst QB I've ever seen start an NFL playoff game

Worse than Tebow? Really?

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

ELO Musk posted:

Yeah

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

ELO Musk posted:

lmao, but yes really

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

ELO Musk posted:

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

i forget that tebow completely broke peoples brains during his era but tebow was basically better than every cardinals qb aside from warner and palmer going back to like, neil lomax.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Lindley is also really bad at doing group projects and doesn't return phone calls

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

I was in the stadium for a Drew Stanton-Blaine Gabbert Niners-Cards game a few years ago. They combined to throw for 286 yards on 59 passes. David Johnson came within 6 yards of rushing for more yards than either of them passed for.

Hail Satan.