Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

BrBa posted:

https://twitter.com/Inter/status/1149755306659815424

Nick Stretcher confirmed, probably the only good news I'll get this summer.

He’s a good player but I think you guys paid the Italian tax at 50 mil or whatever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BrBa
Oct 12, 2012

Gigi Galli posted:

He’s a good player but I think you guys paid the Italian tax at 50 mil or whatever.

It's a loan, 12 mil with obligation to buy for 25 next season. 8 mil in easy bonuses, 5 extra if we win the Scudetto or CL, so effectively 45 total. Doesn't sound too bad, with the market being what it is. If he performs like he's done for Cagliari it's definitely worth the price.

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/footballitalia/status/1149809165918986241
drat

canepazzo
May 29, 2006

This really is horrible, I thought he wasn't a good manager at Fiorentina and at Milan after, but with Bologna I think he had finally found his stride as a manager and could be regularly competing for european spots in Serie A. He's giving a press conference today in which he'll likely announce his retirement (hopefully temporary?).

canepazzo
May 29, 2006

Info has come out that Icardi left the training grounds, will not join the Inter friendlies and tours this summer, but will continue training on his own. Injury or :tinfoil: ?

https://twitter.com/tancredipalmeri/status/1150028304679952384

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Reminds me of when Pandev got frozen out of Lazio. I wonder if this is mutual or if he’s going to sue Inter; there is precedence after all.

canepazzo
May 29, 2006

So Sinisa announced that he's got leukemia :(: He was also pissed off cause he confided it to a friend yesterday and today it was on the newspapers; likely was Ivan Zazzaroni, Corriere dello Sport director. loving journalists.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

That would break US law due to our HIPAA regulations. Id be pissed too.

Robviously
Aug 21, 2010

Genius. Billionaire. Playboy. Philanthropist.

Soulex posted:

That would break US law due to our HIPAA regulations. Id be pissed too.

A friend blabbing after you confide in them does not break HIPAA laws. They're strong but not that strong/stupid. If it was the doctor or a nurse that ran to the press, then yes and there would be some types of repercussions.

That really sucks though and I hope he gets the care he needs as privately as he wants.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Robviously posted:

A friend blabbing after you confide in them does not break HIPAA laws. They're strong but not that strong/stupid. If it was the doctor or a nurse that ran to the press, then yes and there would be some types of repercussions.

That really sucks though and I hope he gets the care he needs as privately as he wants.

A journalist publishing it would.

Karl Sharks
Feb 20, 2008

The Immortal Science of Sharksism-Fininism

Soulex posted:

A journalist publishing it would.

a journalist isn't a doctor

that's like saying a journalist publishing inside legal information their friend told them breaks attorney-client privilege

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Karl Sharks posted:

a journalist isn't a doctor

that's like saying a journalist publishing inside legal information their friend told them breaks attorney-client privilege

Ive worked as a journalist before. Trying to even take photos around an emergency room needed a whole lot of red tape. You couldnt do it in an official capacity. You could not identify anyone or else you were liable for a lawsuit. That included BROLL. I distinctly remember shooting a commercial for my local hospital that went right up to day of production, only for it to be cancelled. Because of potential HIPAA infringements. Nevermind I had all the actors I needed, we were just shooting in the hospital with hospital staff.

Not to mention we have libel and slander laws in place just incase. Case in point, had to advise shooting broll in a hospital because of the implications it could have brought.

I mean, the system isnt perfect, but it also isnt stupid. People are entitled to their medical privacy. Period.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Ill elaborate.

I had to shoot some BROLL for local news affiliates about troops returning from a deployment from an ebola laden country during that big pandemic. The troops didnt have ebola, they just returned from that area and were being held in quarantine. We needed the footage to explain that everyone was happy and healthy. We used empty building footage of where they would be. I shot down requests to have people in the video because of these reasons.

People see troop and ebola on a reader. People may not be actively paying attention. They interpret it as troops have ebola.

People see and recognize someone in video. People assume they have ebola. Or can transmit it

People see and recognize someone in video and is treated differently because of it.

People see and worry about troops, demanding less involvement in countries with ebola (small but happens)

People see and recognize someone in video who was not supposed to be there, and brings a big poo poo storm with it.

The story was picked up by 20 or 30 different affiliates. We had no issues.

Robviously
Aug 21, 2010

Genius. Billionaire. Playboy. Philanthropist.

Getting footage is completely different than outright telling someone something and them going to a journalist and blabbing. I worked in medical records as the law was coming into effect. If you're taking footage, yeah that 100% is a violation as you might get someone's name on film that they didn't consent to or something.

But the minute you pass your personal info to someone else, you have no rights if they decide to share it to everyone. If that person got your PHI without your consent, then it's out there and the facility is liable. If you share your PHI with someone, they have no obligation to keep that confidential. They are not a privileged healthcare provider beholden to HIPAA regs.

I agree that you have your right to medical privacy but if you tell someone, that's on you to trust that person not to talk. HIPAA doesn't govern your friends.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Serie A: the laws governing the world’s worst healthcare system

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

Che storia figata, ragazzo!

there's a theory going on right now that Inter are dragging their feet on getting Dzeko because that would free Roma to go get Higuain and that then would free Juve to try and get Icardi for cheap somehow.

I rather Icardi not go to Juve at all tbh

Simone Poodoin fucked around with this message at 01:19 on Jul 15, 2019

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Simone Poodoin posted:

there's a theory going on right now that Inter are dragging their feet on getting Dzeko because that would free Roma to go get Higuain and that then would free Juve to try and get Icardi for cheap somehow.

I rather Icardi not go to Juve at all tbh

Whoever ends up with him is going to get him for next to nothing relative to what he’s actually worth. Drama and bullshit aside he’s nearly a guaranteed 15 goal a season striker at worst.

I do wonder much truth there is to Napoli actually being in for him and him rejecting it. Mertens and Insigne just giving him assists all season would be ridiculous. Also it’d be funny because they are all insanelyfreakinsmall

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

I read that De Laurentiis said something like "Meet with Wanda? I met her 3 years ago and have desire to ever meet her again" or something like that

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Is there a league that has more intra-league transfers than Serie A? I know most of it is money laundering but people would lose their minds if there were a zillion transfers between Premier League clubs in a single window.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Robviously posted:

Getting footage is completely different than outright telling someone something and them going to a journalist and blabbing. I worked in medical records as the law was coming into effect. If you're taking footage, yeah that 100% is a violation as you might get someone's name on film that they didn't consent to or something.

But the minute you pass your personal info to someone else, you have no rights if they decide to share it to everyone. If that person got your PHI without your consent, then it's out there and the facility is liable. If you share your PHI with someone, they have no obligation to keep that confidential. They are not a privileged healthcare provider beholden to HIPAA regs.

I agree that you have your right to medical privacy but if you tell someone, that's on you to trust that person not to talk. HIPAA doesn't govern your friends.

This makes more sense to me, I was exclusive to video and video projects and anything concerning anything medical was a loving nightmare. I guess I misunderstood the regulation regarding publishing of information. Thanks for the heads up. Wasnt worried about the friends blabbing as much as I was about the journalist publishing stuff.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Shrapnig posted:

Is there a league that has more intra-league transfers than Serie A? I know most of it is money laundering but people would lose their minds if there were a zillion transfers between Premier League clubs in a single window.

That’s an interesting question. I know that there are traditionally way more transfers between the top teams in Serie A than other leagues but I don’t know about the league as a whole.

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/footballitalia/status/1150695766689812480
oh...

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

IT IS SAID THE TEARS OF THE BWEENIX CAN HEAL ALL WOUNDS

Saw that in the antifa thread but sure didn't realize it was juve Ultras, just thought it was random neonazis

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
Taking the game of seeing what you can sneak in and throw into the pitch a bit far

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

:stare:

Now do Hellas

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

I think I'll just support Livorno from now on, it's the right thing to do in the hell world we live in.

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/footballitalia/status/1150776748998610944

canepazzo
May 29, 2006

Asking for it tbh

canepazzo
May 29, 2006

Serie A 2019/2020:

https://twitter.com/berlusconi/status/1150868425050378243

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

:ughh:

"I also played football and I wanted to show all the Monza lads that, with the ball, I still know how to do it!"

Yes yes, Silvio, please also tell the manager that you know how to do it on the whiteboard and the pitch and the touchline and boardroom as well.

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/officialpes/status/1151058904840835072
https://twitter.com/brfootball/status/1151101559067033601
:ok:

E:
https://twitter.com/Arrivecerci/status/1151100695405301761

canepazzo
May 29, 2006

Should be Calabria calcio imo

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

canepazzo posted:

Should be Calabria calcio imo

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

New season is gonna start on the 25th of August; league announced it this morning. No schedule yet.

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

De Rossi to Boca Juniors is a rumor that exists

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Veretout to Roma is happening soon.

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

Apparently Perin is going to Benfica

canepazzo
May 29, 2006

https://twitter.com/MrTomMcDermott/status/1151576741825122304

:cripes:

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Fixtures draw is this Monday. I think Torino will play their first EL match soon as well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

Fun Shoe
Chiellini might not go on the pre season tour due to issues with his left calf. That's the same injury that caused him to miss so much time last season.

I guess maybe it's good Juve have 5 CBs.