Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway

Brother Entropy posted:

click the image

There is no moment in that chain that makes me think "wait a minute, jk Rowling would not tweet that, I can't believe this"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

to be fair i did only edit in the clickable link later

Hodgepodge posted:

I wasn't fooled, but mainly because I'm pretty sure that's a series and I've read others from it.

this one is my favorite

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Equeen posted:

love to turn the beloved best friend of harry potter into a right-wing shithead for no apparent reason

for real, what is the point of this thread? a stupid joke that went on too long?

Maybe it's not real. Just a thought!

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
it's definitely real. it is on Twitter.

STOP LITTERING
Sep 11, 2005

Somewhere, someone has custom ordered a Mets minor league affiliate jersey with "Weasley" stitched to the back.

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

lmao this is genius

Equeen
Oct 29, 2011

Pole dance~
ok i was fooled :negative:

bell jar
Feb 25, 2009

Prav posted:

brand interns are collaborators

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Brother Entropy posted:

click the image

That emotional roller coaster between seeing it went to a news site and seeing that site was Clickhole.

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

https://twitter.com/IDF/status/1064175397422751745

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Shear Modulus posted:

this one is my favorite

I can't stop laughing at this

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747
this stuff seems kinda cool but the way they're pushing a flash sale seems scammy
https://lgbtparadise.com/collections/jewelry/products/lgbt-glow-pride-ring

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

I dont like this story

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
An interesting article about internet outrages.
https://www.theguardian.com/technology/2019/jul/14/craigslist-craig-newmark-outrage-is-profitable-most-online-outrage-is-faked-for-profit

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

it takes some next-level chutzpah to blame craigslist in 2019 for the devolution of the internet

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

get that OUT of my face posted:

it takes some next-level chutzpah to blame craigslist in 2019 for the devolution of the internet

In reality, Something Awful is to blame.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Paladinus posted:

In Something Awful, you make internet stupid!

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Paladinus posted:

4chan is the Lucifer to Something Awful's God

Heavy_D
Feb 16, 2002

"rararararara" contains the meaning of everything, kept in simple rectangular structures

4chan is the Lucifer to Something Awful's God

paradise lost as a series of 441 increasing racist image macros

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Shear Modulus posted:

this one is my favorite

God gently caress the mets

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

STOP LITTERING posted:

Somewhere, someone has custom ordered a Mets minor league affiliate jersey with "Weasley" stitched to the back.

That's also the Mets

I know this, because I live in Syracuse, where our minor league team is now the Mets and I want to die

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

https://twitter.com/Brazzers/status/1151168013355364361?s=19

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

That's also the Mets

I know this, because I live in Syracuse, where our minor league team is now the Mets and I want to die

Hey now, Spider-man is a Mets fan

Pawg From Produce
Feb 11, 2019

by FactsAreUseless
Wh... what?!?

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

Lmao did not notice that

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

Shear Modulus posted:

this one is my favorite

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VIX-dR2L0rQ

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

the greatest trick thinkpiece writers pulled on the world was convincing a significant amount of people that a non-gendered act of rudeness is actually a horrible, unforgivable act of male aggression. nobody spoke up. now we have "separate but equal and also woke" seating

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
A man (of a slender to medium frame) can just sit on this this chair backwards, like a cool teacher or an intense detective interviewing a suspect.

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth
why not just make both “genders” chairs the same?

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

ate poo poo on live tv posted:

why not just make both “genders” chairs the same?

Because it's a stupid artsy project with a social message designed specifically to win a pointless award.

quote:

The graduate says that her design is not to be taken too seriously but admits that the chairs do give a “physicality to an issue women face in quite a fun yet literal way”.

Paladinus has issued a correction as of 02:04 on Jul 18, 2019

freckle
Apr 6, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
those are stools

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

now we simply wait for all forms of mass transit to replace their seats with non uniform wooden chairs.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Hey now, Spider-man is a Mets fan

And it's his only character flaw

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

the greatest trick thinkpiece writers pulled on the world was convincing a significant amount of people that a non-gendered act of rudeness is actually a horrible, unforgivable act of male aggression. nobody spoke up. now we have "separate but equal and also woke" seating

manspreading is the platonic ideal of white woman feminism

like imagine how comfortable you are to have "manspreading" be anywhere near your list of things to worry about

Ace of Baes
Jul 7, 1977
if you think about it the ice camps are really just teaching those men a lesson about personal space

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Paladinus posted:

Because it's a stupid artsy project with a social message designed specifically to win a pointless award.
the idiocy is the point

Telephones
Apr 28, 2013
e

Tetracube
Feb 12, 2014

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
it's not just about taking up space. when you manspread you are sending a deliberate message to women: you, an agent of the patriarchy, control them, and they need to know their place. manspreading is an act of immense, systematic violence against the marginalized.

that's why I vote for congresswomen who want to bomb the middle east

paul_soccer10
Mar 28, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

phasmid
Jan 16, 2015

Booty Shaker
SILENT MAJORITY
Short people are afraid of tall people but they are chicken so instead of tyrannizing us they wait til we leave the room and talk about how much space we take up (we can't hear them because their voices are too high pitched).