Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
yeah, it was definitely ahead of its time there

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Corla Plankun
May 8, 2007

improve the lives of everyone
i had no idea there was a matrix mmo and literally all i was doing in 2005 was playing mmos

abigserve
Sep 13, 2009

this is a better avatar than what I had before
the matrix was a really good idea for a movie and the movie itself was very well executed but the concept only ever had legs for one movie imo

reality...was a ROBOT....with a HOOK

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

Krankenstyle posted:

y'all just haven't drank the koolaid I mean ate the orgasm cake

the french guy is a pervert in the same way that jabba the hutt is, in that he gets horny for humans - which are radically different from their own species or whatever

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

the french guy is a pervert in the same way that jabba the hutt is, in that he gets horny for humans - which are radically different from their own species or whatever

what, youre not horny for spacerock microbes? cmon, let your inner xenophiliac out :cthulhu:

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

this is one situation where horny is allowed imo

if an extremophile is ok with your junk, that is biological consent from that microbe

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
i like how they just gave up any pretence and had a bunch of scenes in a leather fetish club with people in bondage gear, for no reason

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

tbh i just wanna jam tardigrades down my urethra until they become self-aware

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

Krankenstyle posted:

tbh i just wanna jam tardigrades down my urethra until they become self-aware

a sound plan

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

jesus christ jonny

heated game moment
Oct 30, 2003

Lipstick Apathy

Jonny 290 posted:

a sound plan

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Jonny 290 posted:

a sound plan

holy poo poo

TimWinter
Mar 30, 2015

https://timsthebomb.com
idgi

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

:nws: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Urethral_sounding

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

infernal machines posted:

i like how they just gave up any pretence and had a bunch of scenes in a leather fetish club with people in bondage gear, for no reason

his buddies drag him to a leather discotheque in like act 1 scene 2 after orpheus j morpheus tells him he should go

Sweevo
Nov 8, 2007

i sometimes throw cables away

i mean straight into the bin without spending 10+ years in the box of might-come-in-handy-someday first

im a fucking monster

matrix 1 is great
matrix 2 is like they filmed a bunch of insufferably pretentious college freshmen talking about the original and edited it into movie
matrix 3 is an hour long mech fight intermixed with an hour of people arguing about how to have the mech fight

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

his buddies drag him to a leather discotheque in like act 1 scene 2 after orpheus j morpheus tells him he should go

neo is the only one in the first movie not to wear leather all the time. everyone in leather trench coats and leather pants 100% of the time

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/philipbloom/status/1144990313536249857

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Jonny 290 posted:

a sound plan

oh

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

get meow this wack-ass crystal prison

Jonny 290 posted:

a sound plan

:thurman:

Jimmy Carter
Nov 3, 2005

THIS MOTHERDUCKER
FLIES IN STYLE

why does this person have so many cameras in their house?

communism bitch
Apr 24, 2009

Those sound loud af. How big is this dudes house that he can have two of them whirring and yelling at night and not be woke up??

Lots of questions yo be answered IMHO.

EMILY BLUNTS
Jan 1, 2005

Jimmy Carter posted:

they should have put a ramp at the edge for the vacuum to crawl down

ADINSX
Sep 9, 2003

Wanna run with my crew huh? Rule cyberspace and crunch numbers like I do?

Rad, thanks to both of you

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

this needs the xfiles theme

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Jimmy Carter posted:

if you're going to let corporate robots map your house and sell the data you might as well give em a live feed too

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

I think my Roomba is too dumb to map my house

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

ADINSX posted:

Rad, thanks to both of you

noice :c00l:

eschaton
Mar 7, 2007

Don't you just hate when you wind up in a store with people who are in a socioeconomic class that is pretty obviously about two levels lower than your own?

nws and spoiler tag that filth

SO DEMANDING
Dec 27, 2003

Jimmy Carter posted:

communism bitch posted:

Those sound loud af. How big is this dudes house that he can have two of them whirring and yelling at night and not be woke up??

dollars to donuts he has a shitload of smart speakers all throughout his house

Stymie
Jan 9, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Jimmy Carter posted:

communism bitch posted:

just an offhand guess but my suspicion is that it's fake

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

look if you cant make your own panopticon in this future cyber dystopia then what can you do

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

im not heavy im my own big brother

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

Agile Vector posted:

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

Agile Vector posted:

weight has nothing to do with it

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Agile Vector posted:

prisoner of waffles
May 8, 2007

Ah! well a-day! what evil looks
Had I from old and young!
Instead of the cross, the fishmech
About my neck was hung.

Volmarias posted:

Imagine if the sequels weren't poorly written

but the only sequel was the animatrix?....

prisoner of waffles
May 8, 2007

About my neck was hung.
https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2019-07-11/mercedes-thieves-showed-just-how-vulnerable-car-sharing-can-be

quote:

The Mercedes plot owed to one strategy Car2Go’s management implemented to draw in new members: making it easier to sign up. For the past several years, Car2Go has subjected all its users to background checks conducted manually by humans. They take a day or two to complete, a lag that seemed onerous to customers used to the immediate gratification that other mobility services offer. “You see Uber or Lyft, or Airbnb, or all the scooters—they all have instant verification,” Kelton says.

The executive team in Europe, where rates of fraud are much lower, was eager to lower barriers to entry. So in April, Car2Go stopped conducting the manual background checks. The company says that on April 13 about 20 people who went on to orchestrate the Mercedes thefts set up some 80 phony accounts in Chicago, using fake or stolen credit cards as their payment methods. It’s unclear whether the timing was a direct response to Car2Go’s policy change or just an illustration of how often its systems were being probed for weaknesses.

There was little indication that the people who took the cars had more than joyriding in mind. According to police reports, all the pilfered cars had functioning GPS trackers and license plates that started with the letters AX, and many still had visible Car2Go stickers on them, so officers patrolling the area had little trouble spotting them. On a single day they arrested almost two dozen joyriders. Many of those protested that they had innocently rented the vehicles from people in the neighborhood without realizing anything was amiss, according to police records.

prisoner of waffles
May 8, 2007

About my neck was hung.
https://www.abcactionnews.com/news/...marketing-firms

quote:

LAKELAND, Fla. — A local woman is blaming the state government for an onslaught of robocalls and direct mail offers – accusations that come as the I-Team uncovered the DMV makes millions by selling Florida drivers personal information to outside companies, including marketing firms.

I-Team Investigator Adam Walser obtained records showing the state sold information on Florida drivers and ID cardholders to more than 30 private companies, including marketing firms, bill collectors, insurance companies and data brokers in the business of reselling information.

The Florida Department of Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles raked in more than $77 million for driver and ID cardholder information sales in fiscal 2017.

The I-Team wanted to know how much of that money came from marketing firms, but the agency in charge of driver information estimated it would take 154 hours of research and cost nearly $3,000 for the state to give taxpayers an answer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

oh good lord no. not four people working on it for a week and the cost of a politician's Business Lunch

reminds me of when florida paid hundreds of millions of dollars to a company owned by marco rubio's cousin to Fight Welfare Fraud and it turned out to be like $90,000 per year for the entire state