Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Crusader
Apr 11, 2002

early in the 21st Century, THE SOMETHINGAWFUL CORPORATION advanced robot evolution into the GOON phase - a being virtually identical to a human

thanks to haveblue and sagebrush for this year’s logo

keep being punks y’all

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord
cyberpost

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
cyberspunk

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

happy new year from 20 minutes in the future

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

The year is 11111100011 and numbers are cheap like human life on the streets of the bulge

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮
good poo poo op

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
hell yes our time is now

SO DEMANDING
Dec 27, 2003

ground floor

vintage tag crew

SwitchbladeKult
Apr 4, 2012

"The warmth of life has entered my tomb!"
My year is starting very cyberpunk. Was discussing what was invented first, beer or wine, and I wake up this morning with articles about the history of beer and wine in my news feed. :ohdear:

Happy 2019 punks!

ConanTheLibrarian
Aug 13, 2004

dis buch is late
Fallen Rib

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

this rules

ConanTheLibrarian
Aug 13, 2004

dis buch is late
Fallen Rib
:ssh: it was crudely hacked together in paint and the angles of the fonts dont match but anyway

SwitchbladeKult
Apr 4, 2012

"The warmth of life has entered my tomb!"

ConanTheLibrarian posted:

:ssh: it was crudely hacked together in paint and the angles of the fonts dont match but anyway

:golfclap: very nice

Now I'm torn. Both tags are good.

Corla Plankun
May 8, 2007

improve the lives of everyone
is it even possible to be cyberpunk or are we destined to just faff about until the ais take over and allow us to be cbyerpunk at their leisure?

communism bitch
Apr 24, 2009

Corla Plankun posted:

is it even possible to be cyberpunk or are we destined to just faff about until the ais take over and allow us to be cbyerpunk at their leisure?

Cyberpunk is real, we're in it. We just got the grey, lovely, boring cyberpunk future with hardly any mohawks or mirrorshades.

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

super nailgun
Jan 1, 2014

cyberposting in the cyberfuture

dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

I'm interplanetary, bitch
Let's go to Mars

:golfclap:

Chopstick Dystopia
Jun 16, 2010

lowest high and highest low loser of: WEED WEE
k
Doing the punk part is up to you. Cyberpunk 2019.

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

ConanTheLibrarian posted:

:kamina:

Crusader
Apr 11, 2002

Kilometres Davis posted:

Doing the punk part is up to you. Cyberpunk 2019.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

communism bitch posted:

Cyberpunk is real, we're in it. We just got the grey, lovely, boring cyberpunk future with hardly any mohawks or mirrorshades.
we all though we would be hiro, in reality we all ended up as yt's mom

ConanTheLibrarian
Aug 13, 2004

dis buch is late
Fallen Rib
btw heres the orig of the gang tag if someone wants to clean it up and make a decent version

also, 2018's thread: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3845221

ConanTheLibrarian fucked around with this message at 08:44 on Jan 2, 2019

Doom Mathematic
Sep 2, 2008
[immense single DOOOOOM sound effect]

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

we're in the cyberpunk dystopia and it sucks rear end, as would be expected for a dystopia

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar
slam cyberdunk

Slippery
May 16, 2004

Muscles Boxcar

Agile Vector posted:

happy new year from 20 minutes in the future

i reference this from time to time along with network 23 and so far nobody has picked up on it

They are either way cooler than me or vice versa i cant decide

Notorious b.s.d.
Jan 25, 2003

by Reene
can't hardly wait for cyberpunk 2020

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P3QBANbrDHU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fshgWIpcPeE

"Enough! Open up your eyes and look at the big picture; you're all puppets of corrupt politicians and capitalists."

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe
2019 capsule gang

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1dN1UowShBk

SmokaDustbowl fucked around with this message at 07:33 on Jan 2, 2019

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

quote:

These are fictional magazine covers from Blade Runner created by production illustrator Tom Southwell. They only briefly appeared in the background on a magazine stand in the city streets.

More > https://nmpositive.tumblr.com/post/181637287766/bladerunnerfanatic-these-are-fictional-magazine

prisoner of waffles
May 8, 2007

Ah! well a-day! what evil looks
Had I from old and young!
Instead of the cross, the fishmech
About my neck was hung.
cyberpunk story from 2018 that I missed:

https://soranews24.com/2018/11/29/cafe-opens-in-tokyo-staffed-by-robots-controlled-by-paralyzed-people/

quote:

Developed by Ory, a startup that specializes in robotics for disabled people, the OriHime-D is a 120 cm (4-foot) tall robot that can be operated remotely from a paralyzed person’s home. Even if the operator only has control of their eyes, they can command OriHime-D to move, look around, speak with people, and handle objects.

Created in a collaboration between Ory, NPO Nippon Foundation, and airline ANA, Dawn ver.β is designed to resemble the titular cafe from the 2008 anime Time of Eve, which is also contributing to the project.

However, as the “beta” in its name suggests, this is a limited run and will only remain open until 7 December.

During this time a staff of ten people, with conditions such as ALS or spinal cord injuries and working from home, are paid 1,000 yen (US$8.80) an hour (a standard wage for part-time work in Japan) to serve up coffee and interact with the clientele. But more importantly than money, these people are also given a newfound independence.

El_Elegante
Jul 3, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Biscuit Hider
I thought the MGS franchise was dead, but here’s ALS riddled Liquid Snake, piloting the Hime D.

Deep Dish Fuckfest
Sep 6, 2006

Advanced
Computer Touching

Toilet Rascal

SmokaDustbowl posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P3QBANbrDHU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fshgWIpcPeE

"Enough! Open up your eyes and look at the big picture; you're all puppets of corrupt politicians and capitalists."

aww, someone beat me to it. i just re-watched that yesterday

prisoner of waffles
May 8, 2007

Ah! well a-day! what evil looks
Had I from old and young!
Instead of the cross, the fishmech
About my neck was hung.
https://www.seattletimes.com/seattle-news/hes-a-tech-addict-who-works-in-the-tech-industry/

quote:

The eight who’ve gathered here are beset by a level of tech obsession that’s different than it is for those of us who like to say we’re addicted to our phones or an app or some new show on a streaming video service. For them, tech gets in the way of daily functioning and self-care. We’re talking flunk-your-classes, can’t-find-a-job, live-in-a-dark-hole kinds of problems, with depression, anxiety and sometimes suicidal thoughts part of the mix.

There’s Christian, a 20-year-old college student from Wyoming who has a traumatic brain injury. His mom urged him to seek help because he was “medicating” his depression with video games and marijuana.

Seth, a 28-year-old from Minnesota, used video games and any number of things to try to numb his shame after a car he was driving crashed, seriously injuring his brother.

Wes, 21, an Eagle Scout and college student from Michigan, played video games 80 hours a week, only stopping to eat every two to three days. He lost 25 pounds and failed his classes.

Across town there is another young man who attended this meeting, before his work schedule changed — and his work places him squarely at risk of temptation.

He does cloud maintenance for a suburban Seattle tech company. For a self-described tech addict, this is like working in the lion’s den, laboring for the very industry that peddles the games, videos and other online content that long has been his vice.

“I’m like an alcoholic working at a bar,” the 27-year-old laments.

how many of these guys post here tho

MindSet
Dec 21, 2008

If this goes badly, and I make a crater, I want it named after me!
i used to think it would be cool when we got wearable tech and like transhuman implants and whatnot but now i think about how much it will suck when your Sarnsung Android powered cybereye needs to go through an OS update and you have to spend an hour blind in the morning.

MindSet
Dec 21, 2008

If this goes badly, and I make a crater, I want it named after me!
basically this https://vimeo.com/chocobaby/hyper-reality

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deep Dish Fuckfest
Sep 6, 2006

Advanced
Computer Touching

Toilet Rascal

MindSet posted:

i used to think it would be cool when we got wearable tech and like transhuman implants and whatnot but now i think about how much it will suck when your Sarnsung Android powered cybereye needs to go through an OS update and you have to spend an hour blind in the morning.

or, y'know, collecting everything you see for advertising. it's in the eula!

unrelated, why do i get all these dick pill ads?