Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Will You Miss Indie Wrestling?
No it sucked
Yes
View Results

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost
https://twitter.com/beyondwrestling/status/1149699913900417024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

ITT we find out Beyond hates Ricky and Robert and wants them to die

Mr. Swoon
Nov 25, 2003

ALL WE DO IS PARTY

Out of all the wrestling happening tonight, I went for a local show in ECCW. We've had David Starr have a good match with 3 other dudes, and Brody King be a monster. At some point there will be Brian Pillman Jr vs Kevin Sullivan, and a main event with TJP. I will at least watch the Pillman match.

Boco_T
Mar 12, 2003

la calaca tilica y flaca
I was at Flying V Fights. Main event was bad, they let Quack go 26 minutes with a bunch of ants selling for him. Orange Cassidy vs Hallowicked was good, women’s match was good. Major storyline in this fed is that Logan Easton Laroux is the leader of a heel stable called “The Top of the Class” that is doing a Breakfast Club gimmick. That’s a promotion of a theatre nerd for you. Solid show overall. No announcement of the next show date other than “fall.”

Your Boy Fancy
Feb 7, 2003

by Cyrano4747

Boco_T posted:

I was at Flying V Fights. Main event was bad, they let Quack go 26 minutes with a bunch of ants selling for him. Orange Cassidy vs Hallowicked was good, women’s match was good. Major storyline in this fed is that Logan Easton Laroux is the leader of a heel stable called “The Top of the Class” that is doing a Breakfast Club gimmick. That’s a promotion of a theatre nerd for you. Solid show overall. No announcement of the next show date other than “fall.”

I don’t know, I liked the main! But I also like the Ugly Ducklings, and that helps a bunch.

Doing a show in a well built black box theatre makes the sound fantastic, and helps with the main problem of Nova Pro always sounding like Peanuts adults.

Mr. Swoon
Nov 25, 2003

ALL WE DO IS PARTY

Mr. Swoon posted:

Out of all the wrestling happening tonight, I went for a local show in ECCW. We've had David Starr have a good match with 3 other dudes, and Brody King be a monster. At some point there will be Brian Pillman Jr vs Kevin Sullivan, and a main event with TJP. I will at least watch the Pillman match.

If you were wondering how you book a 20+ mulleted kid against a 70 year old man, you have a lot of crowd brawling, and end in a no contest when the 70 year old gigs and gets too beaten-down.

The show was great otherwise. I'm sure TJP is having a match with Artemis Spencer right now, but gently caress TJP. Support your local indies.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Announced for the MLW Never Say Never TV tapings July 25 at the Melrose Ballroom:

Jacob Fatu defending the world title in a rematch against Filthy Tom Lawlor
Bestia 666 (with Salina de la Renta) vs Rey Horus
LA Park vs Jimmy Havoc
Davey Boy Smith Jr vs Timothy Thatcher

HouseOfLeaves99
Mar 20, 2009
GCW tribute to homicide. Anyone watching?

Hace
Feb 13, 2012

<<Mobius 1, Engage.>>
im watchin

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Eddie Kingston just said he was depressed and was going to kill himself 2 years ago but Homicide talked him out of it

HouseOfLeaves99
Mar 20, 2009
I was confused for a moment as to why both of Da Hit Squad weren't there. But then I remembered.

HouseOfLeaves99
Mar 20, 2009

EugeneJ posted:

Eddie Kingston just said he was depressed and was going to kill himself 2 years ago but Homicide talked him out of it

Between that and the Tommy Dreamer confession, it's super chilling to know what could have been.

HouseOfLeaves99
Mar 20, 2009
Is Nate Webb the new Sandman minus all the drugs?

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

HouseOfLeaves99 posted:

Is Nate Webb the new Sandman minus all the drugs?

I feel like you can't be one without the other.

HouseOfLeaves99
Mar 20, 2009
This match has been awful. And it doesn't even have Teddy Hart in there botching moves and tossing cats.

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
XAVIER IS IN THE RING

XAVIER!!!!

Cory Lidle
Oct 12, 2006

Boco_T posted:

The main event would've been fine if Thief Ant didn't gently caress up basically every spot he had in the match.

davidbix
Jun 14, 2016

Wow, Bix. First K.Rool, then Steve and now SEPHIROTH? Your dream game is real!

CombineThresher posted:

I feel like you can't be one without the other.
Sandman is at least a couple years sober now, actually.

This was a very good show, but like a few other big GCW shows in the past year, poo poo got weird and ended things oddly. Gage used the pizza cutter on Lowlife Louie, Louie got cut too deep and ran to the back as the commission rep called it, then Jimmy Lloyd ran out to have a quick match with Gage as something of a make-good.

(From the NYSAC rules: "Intentional Cutting Prohibited: "A promoter of professional wrestling shall not permit 'cutting,' 'blading,' or 'gigging,' whereby one or more wrestlers intentionally cut their own skin or the skin of another during the exhibition.")

Probably not a good ide, especially since Brett has only been licensed about a year, but this commission rep (the one who tried to stop a Tier 1 show over an intergender match) also has a habit of complaining and saying there will be action taken only for nothing to happen. So who knows if anything will actually come of this. I hope Louie is OK and just needed to get stitched up, though.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Your Boy Fancy posted:

I don’t know, I liked the main! But I also like the Ugly Ducklings, and that helps a bunch.

Doing a show in a well built black box theatre makes the sound fantastic, and helps with the main problem of Nova Pro always sounding like Peanuts adults.
I could never hear the promos at Nova Pro even from the front row. PTPW seems to have solved that. And Flying V just has a huge advantage in that area.

And yeah, I enjoyed the main event. Ants are fun as are the Ugly Ducklings.

Draxion
Jun 9, 2013

https://twitter.com/OfficialPWG/status/1150918043054137344

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

sick

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://twitter.com/IVPvideos/status/1150941180043173888

Cool Post Beg
Mar 6, 2008

DADDY MAGIC
Winner takes on Graves for the Carmella Creep Championship

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

heres another observer back issue quote

Wrestling Observer Newsletter - July 8, 2002 posted:

Indie wrestler Necro Butcher nearly needed his arm amputated after a light bulb match with Mad Man Pondo. He underwent four hours of surgery, which saved the arm after a light bulb punctured the arm. I wonder if that'll be a wake up call for anyone. I wasn't really wondering, because that would mean I didn't already know that the answer was no

Vellius
Sep 22, 2007

this feels like a throwback to a bygone era

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
For Pittsburgh Indie folks
https://twitter.com/JimSterling/status/1150093899807035392?s=19

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

baw gawd that's a Jakked main event.

Molestationary Store
May 21, 2007

Please don't give enzo money.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

TIL Gillberg is still alive and wrestling.

TUS
Feb 19, 2003

I'm going to stab you. Offline. With a real knife.

To the shock of no one:

https://twitter.com/OfficialPWG/status/1151642857465212928

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

ellsworth is a pedophile. if anyone forgot, or didn't know or care. read this post

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

Cavauro posted:

ellsworth is a pedophile. if anyone forgot, or didn't know or care. read this post

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

wait which post do i read now

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Super No Vacancy posted:

wait which post do i read now

this one

Molestationary Store
May 21, 2007

Cavauro posted:

Oh yeah right, don't give ellsworth money either. As far as I know Dwayne Gill is still cool, though.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Super No Vacancy posted:

wait which post do i read now read this post

now you just got mind freaked

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Cavauro posted:

Libertarian.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/OfficialPWG/status/1152005187394867200

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

And your winner Brody King.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib
For anyone in the KC area there is a phenomenal indy promotion called Journey Pro Wrestling. Tonight was the culmination of about 4 months of story in a Intergender Street Fight between Shotzi Blackheart and Christian Rose. First Journey Pro in general is loving awesome and it rose from the ashes of the NWL (National Wrasslin League) after they went out of business. They run monthly shows out of a Kanza Hall in Overland park, the atmosphere is amazing and all the matches are great.

You can find their shows on IWTV here https://independentwrestling.tv/promotion/Journey-Pro

I just think they are awesome