Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Crosspeice posted:

lmao dirtbag leftism.

Chapo trapinch house strikes again

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

Yamper is really cool and cute and good but I'm not fond of what they're going with for it's (supposed) evolution so I do hope Eviolite sticks around.

Also it looks like there's not going to be a regional bird this time? We would have seen it by now if there was, right?

(Corviknight doesn't count unless it's got a normal/flying pre-evolution which we probably would have seen by now if so.)

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Vandar posted:

Yamper is really cool and cute and good but I'm not fond of what they're going with for it's (supposed) evolution so I do hope Eviolite sticks around.

Also it looks like there's not going to be a regional bird this time? We would have seen it by now if there was, right?

(Corviknight doesn't count unless it's got a normal/flying pre-evolution which we probably would have seen by now if so.)

I mean we don't really know yet, they've played the Pokedex pretty close to the chest and historically have drip fed some evolutionary lines. I know Pikipek didn't get revealed until quite late in the cycle for SuMo.

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012

Vandar posted:

Maybe Farfetch'd/Sirfetch'd will be the regional bird, because there was a breeding program to restore their population and now they're all over Galar Route 1 or something like that.

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

Zore posted:

I know Pikipek didn't get revealed until quite late in the cycle for SM.

False, Pikipek was in the 2nd trailer (first had Rowlet, Litten and Popplio).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Ojd6FzTaEM

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

less laughter posted:

This reminds me that they haven't revealed the regional rodent yet either (though between the 4chan leak and the t-shirt in one of the trailers, we've 'seen' it, at least).

Silver2195 posted:

Maybe Farfetch'd/Sirfetch'd will be the regional bird, because there was a breeding program to restore their population and now they're all over Galar Route 1 or something like that.

Farfetch'd becoming a regional bird would be so incredibly fitting.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Farfetch'd is actually worshiped as a deity in Galar.

EthanSteele
Nov 18, 2007

I can hear you
The dream is that they finally make the rodents good. The birds have been mostly strong since gen 3, the rodents have been mostly not.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

You talking poo poo about Bidoof?

Farecoal
Oct 15, 2011

There he go
galar raticate has really gigantic balls

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

Bibarel is kinda good in normal monotype!!!

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

EthanSteele posted:

The dream is that they finally make the rodents good. The birds have been mostly strong since gen 3, the rodents have been mostly not.

Bibarel is banned from Ubers

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

less laughter posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Ojd6FzTaEM

Ah yeah, I was mixing it up with Fletchinder. Fletchling and Talonflame were both revealed pretty early but Fletchinder wasn't until pretty close to release.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream
I will say it's kind of dumb for NFE pokes to have Gigamaxing forms cause it means you're only going to get to see their dumb rare raid only gimick for a limited amount of time or hobble the poke by not evolving it.

The leak said Pikachu got one, and the BST totals that show floor demo had for Corvidknight makes me pray he's not his final evo.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Other than Meowth and Pikachu from the 4chan leak, I doubt they'll give it to any other NFE Pokemon (except for maybe Eevee), and Meowth and Pikachu are only because of the anime.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

less laughter posted:

Bibarel is banned from Ubers

Wait what, why?

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

iospace posted:

Wait what, why?

The Moody ability. There's a chance it can raise it's evasion.

Anything that can use Moody isn't allowed to use it in Smogon tiers.

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

Vandar posted:

Other than Meowth and Pikachu from the 4chan leak, I doubt they'll give it to any other NFE Pokemon (except for maybe Eevee), and Meowth and Pikachu are only because of the anime.

Piplup is getting one too :bird:

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

less laughter posted:

Piplup is getting one too :bird:

Eh. That would be a weird and out of nowhere choice.

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll
Not really; it's one of the most popular starters, a co-star of the gen IV anime alongside Pikachu, a co-star of the recent 20th movie, and of the upcoming DP remakes. Gigantamax Piplup was mentioned in the Alcremie leak alongside Jynx and Machamp.

Remember that XY launched with a special Torchic giveaway, foreshadowing ORAS.

Violet_Sky
Dec 5, 2011

Fun Shoe
Yamper is good because Corgis are best. I want a Beagle mon though

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Gigantamax Wobbuffet.

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

Violet_Sky posted:

Yamper is good because Corgis are best. I want a Beagle mon though

You've had one for 20 years now: Smeargle.

Funky Valentine posted:

Gigantamax Wobbuffet.

Only the tail goes gigantic

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

less laughter posted:

Not really; it's one of the most popular starters, a co-star of the gen IV anime alongside Pikachu, a co-star of the recent 20th movie, and of the upcoming DP remakes. Gigantamax Piplup was mentioned in the Alcremie leak alongside Jynx and Machamp.

Didn't know it was in the 20th movie (nor have I heard of the Alcremie leak, can you share that one?).

I'm not so sure about the DP remakes though, those have been 'upcoming' for years at this point.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

AlBorlantern Corps posted:

You talking poo poo about Bidoof?

I'll talk poo poo about Bidood. That piece of poo poo

I refused to catch it back in whatever gen it was so it wouldn't sully my Pokédex

Edit: the iPhone makes sure Pokédex is spelled and capitalized correctly

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
imo they should let Lana or Kiawe go to Galar with Ash in the next anime

Namagem
Feb 14, 2011

The Magic Of Friendship
I remember when I was in high school, someone convinced me that bidoof was such garbage that its stats actually got lower when it evolved.

ROFL Octopus
Jun 20, 2014

LET ME EXPLAIN

Vandar posted:

Bibarel and Mega Rayquaza in the same tier :hai:

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

They should make a beagle pokemon called Baegel

And its made of bread and has a hole in the middle

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Namagem posted:

I remember when I was in high school, someone convinced me that bidoof was such garbage that its stats actually got lower when it evolved.

That's a gimmick that I'm kind of surprised Game Freak hasn't used yet.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Vandar posted:

Oh right, forgot about that.

Violet_Sky
Dec 5, 2011

Fun Shoe

less laughter posted:

You've had one for 20 years now: Smeargle.

Beagles dont paint with their tails.

Source: had beagles

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

Violet_Sky posted:

you've just had STEM beagles

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

Pokemon should have places bid for the next region to be based on them, like the Olympics

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Violet_Sky posted:

And Emperor Penguins aren’t partially made of metal

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

Pokemon Duel made an April Fools prank this year with Bidoof, where they made it an UX figure (the rarest rating) with a 3 move points and a super overpowered wheel. And then you had to defeat the AI using six of those to get a commemorative mask. Good times.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Vandar posted:

That's a gimmick that I'm kind of surprised Game Freak hasn't used yet.

Nincada's BST goes down when it evolves into Shedinja - its stats all stay the same except Attack and Defense get swapped and its HP drops to 1.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Countblanc posted:

Nincada's BST goes down when it evolves into Shedinja - its stats all stay the same except Attack and Defense get swapped and its HP drops to 1.

Well poo poo, I forgot about that.

The Golden Gael
Nov 12, 2011

less laughter posted:

I don't entirely disagree, but to play devil's advocate - Munchlax already "foreshadowed" DP's non-existent remakes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Annath
Jan 11, 2009

Batatouille is a great and funny play on words for a video game creature and I love silly words like these
Clever Betty

indigi posted:

you've just had STEM beagles

I hate to break it to you, but STEM got ditched in favor of STEAM so that the art majors working at Starbucks can infect the next generation.