Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Double May Care
Mar 28, 2012

We need Dragon-type Pokemon to help us prepare our food before we cook it. We're not sure why!

Saturday I had dinner with a friend I've been pining for. She wasn't interested in dating, but I took it pretty well. Honestly, considering my track record with crushes and such (I'm horribly anxious and shy), I'm just happy the date happened at all. :unsmith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Veni Vidi Ameche!
Nov 2, 2017

by Fluffdaddy

Bertrand Hustle posted:

Apartments. I'm a real estate agent.

Cool, cool. Congratulations.

Rather Watch Them posted:

Saturday I had dinner with a friend I've been pining for. She wasn't interested in dating, but I took it pretty well. Honestly, considering my track record with crushes and such (I'm horribly anxious and shy), I'm just happy the date happened at all. :unsmith:

Good for you for trying. Overcoming shyness and fear of rejection is a victory all by itself, even if it didn't end the way you wanted it to.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
Had a pretty awesome birthday yesterday, all things considered. New slippers, shrimp alfredo for dinner, boss texted me that he'd gotten official word that my shifts this weekend are covered so I can go to A-Kon without worry.

Nobody being a jerk, nobody acting up, just everyone getting along and doing their thing. That's enough for me. That and the cheesecake :yum:

Whitlam
Aug 2, 2014

Some goons overreact. Go figure.

Malachite_Dragon posted:

Had a pretty awesome birthday yesterday, all things considered. New slippers, shrimp alfredo for dinner, boss texted me that he'd gotten official word that my shifts this weekend are covered so I can go to A-Kon without worry.

Nobody being a jerk, nobody acting up, just everyone getting along and doing their thing. That's enough for me. That and the cheesecake :yum:

We have the same birthday! :hfive:

I spent mine in a meeting until 7pm, but that means I get to leave at 3 on Friday, and my boss got me a really nice mug as a birthday present.

Astrofig
Oct 26, 2009
We had a family get together for my Aunts birthday and she was totally surprised. Like 40 people showed up, we had delicious food, drinks and laughs, and then my cousin announced he and his wife are pregnant again---she's going to be a grandma for the third time.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!
(Yesterday) I went to a friend's birthday party. I had lots of fun, and didn't get misgendered as much as I thought I would. And I got included in "girl talk" which is absolutely awesome.

Midig
Apr 6, 2016

Ever since I started working out I am hungry and sore all the time. But my mind is at ease.

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
I found a place using Doordash that actually sells those little cups of melted cheese . It's stupid to be this happy over something so trivial, but it's one of those "I can't believe I missed this" thing. especially since I don't generally put condiments on my fries (or meals in general, for that matter).

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

I painted my wife's new PC case yesterday and it came out great!

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

I rented an apartment to a couple of Chinese students and I got to actually use my Chinese language skills, such as they are.

I learned a whole bunch of new words.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

I am really slow at making videos of my travels. I put so much effort into tiny piddly little editing efforts that no one will notice but me. And I'm lucky if even 100 people watch them. But I made a lot of progress on my latest one today and it might be finished in the next 2 weeks now. That leaves 6 more because my intention was one video per day I spent in Tokyo and I refuse to give up. At least as the trip went on I flimed less and less because I was kind of literally dying at the time, severely exhausted from illness and bad reactions to meds. So the first few are the hardest and it will get easier as I complete each one.

Katamari Democracy
Jan 19, 2010

Guess what! :love:
Guess what this is? :love:
A Post, Just for you! :love:
Wedge Regret
I had to spend all day in court today over two violations over my truck. "Energy Displacement" and "Middle Tail light out".

You might be wondering "How in the hell is that awesome"? Well, I plead not guilty and won.

At 1:45 PM today I was ordered to go to court and my name was not called until about 4:00; mind you I had to sit through and watch other people plead guilty because there was no way to get around it and just go ahead and pay a fine. Then I also say people plead not guilty and convinced the judge to lower the fine. After sitting there awhile I thought what the hell I am going to try to at least get my fine reduced because I "Fixed" the issue before my court date.

So my name gets called and I stand to the podium. I understood my rights and acknowledged to the judge that I would not need an appointed lawyer. Raised my right hand and swore to God to tell the Truth. And here we go! Judge informs me that I had two charges in front of her and the officer told the judge why he pulled me over. "Energy Displacement and Middle tail light out". She raised an eyebrow and asked the officer what he ment by the displacement and he told the judge "Basically no Bumper". The judge stamped the first charge and informed the officer that "Basically" is not in the court of law. Under **-**-0 an energy displacement does not mean no rear bumper so I am dismissing this citation. Then the 2nd charge was made "Middle Tail light out".

Keep in mind I do not have a middle tail light on my truck. The officer said to the judge that the light in the middle of my tailgate was out. Then I objected and gave a picture to the judge the back of my vehicle proving that there was not middle tail light on this vehicle and the picture showed all of my lights working and in operational order.

I was smiled at the judge and was told "Mr. Democracy I have dismissed all charges and you are free to go sir"!

I just about loving poo poo my pants when I walked out that door. I can not believe I pulled that off.

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.
I just got pleasantly surprised by a really good movie that got my attention with it's box art, The Kid who would be King. It is a very thoughtful retelling of the King Arthur myth, and it takes the action and mythology very seriously while still keeping a sense of humour. The characters even use the properties of the sword in really clever ways, like sheathing it in a boulder when they need to not raise attention, so that no one else can take it, or using the Lady of the Lake as basically a storage locker. All the fights have a brilliant sense of peril, and strong swordplay choreography that prevents it falling into Home Alone-style hijinks and Morgana does a really good job being threatening, and Merlin also manages to feel powerful but not game-breakingly so.

The early scene where Lance betrays Alex and takes excalibur for himself has real tension to it as it's just straight up a real sword fight, and feel like one of the characters could get seriously hurt, and it avoids too much awkwardness by playing Merlin's mindcontrol spell very carefully - he uses it to get places or get things that he needs, but he never sends those characters into any danger. All the characters who fight know exactly what they are getting into and consent to the danger.

It's a very "now" movie as well in that the thing that strengthens the villain is basically implied to be brexit, or modern politics in general. Britain being a weak, leaderless (due ot parliament being a clusterfuck) mess with only idiots at the helm and the world falling into chaos, the story is less a restoration of the monarchy/literal king situation and more "This generation has noble souls that can take power and lead the world better". A general feeling of hope.

I was in a bad mood due to a stressful period in my life, but this really cheered me up.

Veni Vidi Ameche!
Nov 2, 2017

by Fluffdaddy
I played some poker at the Golden Nugget, today, and ran over the game to the tune of about $1,900. It’s not a ton of money, but since I don’t play for a living, any more, it felt like a big win, especially since I’ve been running bad for a while.

During the game, some rear end in a top hat table captain kept arguing with the dealers, commenting on other people’s play, and generally being a loving prick. He pulled it, again, and the dealer finally got pissed and told him it wasn’t his job to run the game. He got even nastier with her, and this nice, quiet kid on my left tried to defuse the situation. The table captain rear end in a top hat got really nasty with him. Shut your loving mouth, mind your own business, etc. I was in the hand, heads-up with another guy, and it was not the table captain. Yet, the rear end in a top hat had the nerve to yell at this nice guy about minding his own business, while he’s balls-deep in mine. I’m not going to try and replay the dialog, but I told him he needed to shut his mouth, and if he was going to keep making GBS threads on dealers and yelling at other players, he was going to have a problem with me. I got pretty loud and vulgar. I apologized to the floor when I cashed out. Anyway, the captain clammed up like the little bully bitch he is, and spent the next three hours muttering poo poo to the players next to him, but he didn’t gently caress with any dealers or players after that.

As I was leaving, the dealer who had been involved in the big scene was sitting at a broken table, and she called my name and thanked me. If you play a lot of poker, you see a lot of those assholes, and most of the time people just sort of stare at their chips while dealers and other players get berated and abused, and the entire game gets slowed down. I hate that poo poo and don’t have much tolerance for it. I felt good about putting that abusive punk in his place, and I felt good that she thanked me.

Bonus quote from the rear end in a top hat who started all the trouble: When the floor came over and listened to the dealer (who has been dealing for 20+ years), listened to the players, then made his ruling, the jerk didn’t like it, and said, I swear to god, “I’ve been in Vegas for a month, and [you’re wrong, basically].” An entire month? Thanks for sharing your knowledge with us, sir.

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

Veni Vidi Ameche! posted:

I played some poker at the Golden Nugget, today, and ran over the game to the tune of about $1,900. It’s not a ton of money, but since I don’t play for a living, any more, it felt like a big win, especially since I’ve been running bad for a while.

During the game, some rear end in a top hat table captain kept arguing with the dealers, commenting on other people’s play, and generally being a loving prick. He pulled it, again, and the dealer finally got pissed and told him it wasn’t his job to run the game. He got even nastier with her, and this nice, quiet kid on my left tried to defuse the situation. The table captain rear end in a top hat got really nasty with him. Shut your loving mouth, mind your own business, etc. I was in the hand, heads-up with another guy, and it was not the table captain. Yet, the rear end in a top hat had the nerve to yell at this nice guy about minding his own business, while he’s balls-deep in mine. I’m not going to try and replay the dialog, but I told him he needed to shut his mouth, and if he was going to keep making GBS threads on dealers and yelling at other players, he was going to have a problem with me. I got pretty loud and vulgar. I apologized to the floor when I cashed out. Anyway, the captain clammed up like the little bully bitch he is, and spent the next three hours muttering poo poo to the players next to him, but he didn’t gently caress with any dealers or players after that.

As I was leaving, the dealer who had been involved in the big scene was sitting at a broken table, and she called my name and thanked me. If you play a lot of poker, you see a lot of those assholes, and most of the time people just sort of stare at their chips while dealers and other players get berated and abused, and the entire game gets slowed down. I hate that poo poo and don’t have much tolerance for it. I felt good about putting that abusive punk in his place, and I felt good that she thanked me.

Bonus quote from the rear end in a top hat who started all the trouble: When the floor came over and listened to the dealer (who has been dealing for 20+ years), listened to the players, then made his ruling, the jerk didn’t like it, and said, I swear to god, “I’ve been in Vegas for a month, and [you’re wrong, basically].” An entire month? Thanks for sharing your knowledge with us, sir.

in my mind you called him a punkass Phil Hellmuth wannabe and he went all red

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

🐵❌💀

I finished my antibiotics today!

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!

Picnic Princess posted:

I finished my antibiotics today!

:toot:

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
I got a switch, zelda:botw, mario odyssey, smash ultimate, a pro controller, bayo 2, and Captain Toad for about $400, like 200 less than I expected. I haven't bought a console in basically forever besides a WiiU I got for a pittance to play BOTW, and I can use the money I saved buying used to fix my busted muffler. Real excited to play some Nintendo games, it's been a while.

AngryRobotsInc
Aug 2, 2011

Captain Invictus posted:

I got a switch, zelda:botw, mario odyssey, smash ultimate, a pro controller, bayo 2, and Captain Toad for about $400, like 200 less than I expected. I haven't bought a console in basically forever besides a WiiU I got for a pittance to play BOTW, and I can use the money I saved buying used to fix my busted muffler. Real excited to play some Nintendo games, it's been a while.

Mario Odyssey is SO GOOD. I hope you enjoy it.

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

Decided to stay alive despite my sadbrains. I can get to go home to a doggo that loves being around me as my new routine.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Annointed posted:

Decided to stay alive despite my sadbrains. I can get to go home to a doggo that loves being around me as my new routine.

Please continue to do so!

Astrofig
Oct 26, 2009
I made boozy glazed apples and they turned out delicious!

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

Annointed posted:

Dogs are the best.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

Annointed posted:

Dogs are the best. Whenever I get similar sadbrains it helps me to think of how devastated Apollo would be if I were gone. If I can't live for myself I can live for him.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

My day was awesome today because my Mom gave me a surprise early birthday gift of a trip to the used bookstore. I found some pretty awesome things and we did lunch too! :D

AstroWhale
Mar 28, 2009

Captain Invictus posted:

drat thats a good deal.
I noticed my account is ten years old. Feels weird. I think I started to be here in the year 2000.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

AstroWhale posted:

drat thats a good deal.
I noticed my account is ten years old. Feels weird. I think I started to be here in the year 2000.

Lmfao look at this loser who’s been on this dying website that long

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.
While I was getting ready for a job interview that turned out to be for a crap company (sooo manu red flags leading up to it) I got a call from someone about a much better opportunity earning double what I currently get for doing the same basic job, just on more specific tools, so hoping he can get me an interview for that one. If it works out I could go from earning 1200 per month to almost 2000.

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

Doubleposting because i'm excited - the really high paying job have asked me to come in for an interview! On tuesday I'll go in for a face to face and hopefully this job will be mine!

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Today is the first day of 10 days off of work. And it just so happens the week I picked for vacation is also the week Prime Day happens, so as a UPS worker I get to dodge the absolute shitstorm next week is going to be! Yay!

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

🐵❌💀

I did my first hike after being declared in remission from Lyme and two coinfections. I performed better than when I would do 6 summits a summer, before I got really sick. It really makes it seem that I was sicker for longer than I thought, because one symptom is air hunger, which can trigger exercise induced asthma. Which has been an issue plaguing me since at least 2004. I walked up a steep slope for 400 vertical meters on a 2km trail, and did not have any asthma symptoms whatsoever. It's absolutely blowing my loving mind to just not have loving asthma anymore. It dominated my outdoor life for years and years and years. I can't even imagine what I'll be capable of when I get into shape again.

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

Made some tasty noodle soup out of leftovers. And didn't feel sick after eating it. Hooray for cooking.

Pookah
Aug 21, 2008

🪶Caw🪶

Picnic Princess posted:

I did my first hike after being declared in remission from Lyme and two coinfections. I performed better than when I would do 6 summits a summer, before I got really sick. It really makes it seem that I was sicker for longer than I thought, because one symptom is air hunger, which can trigger exercise induced asthma. Which has been an issue plaguing me since at least 2004. I walked up a steep slope for 400 vertical meters on a 2km trail, and did not have any asthma symptoms whatsoever. It's absolutely blowing my loving mind to just not have loving asthma anymore. It dominated my outdoor life for years and years and years. I can't even imagine what I'll be capable of when I get into shape again.

I am so happy for you, finally feeling well after a long long illness is the best loving feeling in the world.

I'm feeling pretty good today because a few weeks ago I complained about the labelling of a CBD oil I was taking, and the company sent me a big huge bottle as an apology! (I also feel guilty because it wasn't that big of a deal and this stuff is expensive and I really wasn't fishing for free stuff when I complained and and and... anxiety - poo poo better take some oil )

Astrofig
Oct 26, 2009
My omelet came out perfectly and was delicious. Also I'm packing for vacation woohoo!

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

I've been slowly integrating my old burned CD collections and Youtube playlists into Spotify so I have all my driving music in one place.

I'm listening to a lot of stuff I haven't listened to in years and recalling a lot of nice memories. :allears:

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

🐵❌💀

Got a great hailstorm while I was at work :black101:

Okuteru
Nov 10, 2007

Choose this life you're on your own
Just finished my last day on my ESL contract. One of my little Kindergarten students gave me a bookmark and a really nice card. It was the cutest thing.

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

Forceholy posted:

Just finished my last day on my ESL contract. One of my little Kindergarten students gave me a bookmark and a really nice card. It was the cutest thing.

That’s so adorable!

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
New chair at work replacing the lovely falling-apart one! :toot:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

That's like a gift you give your hemorrhoid!