Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
MOYTC: Kevin Owens vs Dolph Ziggler, WWE Extreme Rules 7/14/19

This match should be shown in every wrestling class ever. Truly a masterpiece. :golfclap:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Instead of people nominating Dolph Ziggler matches in TYOOL 2019 and thinking they are doing irony, you can spend your night watching some good matches.

HM: Arisa Hoshiki & Tam Nakano vs. Momo Watanabe & Bea Priestley, Stardom (6/2)
MOTYC: Arisa Hoshiki vs. Tam Nakano, Stardom (6/16)

The latter is must see, the last 5 minutes especially if you love kicks.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

MassRafTer posted:

Instead of people nominating Dolph Ziggler matches in TYOOL 2019 and thinking they are doing irony, you can spend your night watching some good matches.

HM: Arisa Hoshiki & Tam Nakano vs. Momo Watanabe & Bea Priestley, Stardom (6/2)

Second!

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

MOTYC: Sareee (c) vs. DASH Chisako for the Sendai Girls World Championship - Sendai Girls Korakuen Hall (7/7)

Undisputable WOTY 2019 Sareee does it yet again.

https://twitter.com/RealHero12089/status/1150491006112010240?s=19

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

MOTYC: Sareee (c) vs. DASH Chisako for the Sendai Girls World Championship - Sendai Girls Korakuen Hall (7/7)

Undisputable WOTY 2019 Sareee does it yet again.

https://twitter.com/RealHero12089/status/1150491006112010240?s=19

Second!

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

HM: Akito (C) vs. ASUKA in an IPPON Fluorescent Lighttube Deathmatch for the Extreme Title - DDT Wrestle Peter Pan - 7/15

This was masterfully put together, incredibly entertaining and is the best and only use I ever want to see a Light-tube have in a pro-wrestling match ever.

Jerusalem fucked around with this message at 07:41 on Jul 15, 2019

UnlimitedSpessmans
Jul 31, 2015
MOTYC: DDT Extreme Title – IPPON Fluorescent Lighttube Death Match: Akito (c) Vs Asuka Peter Pan 2019 15/07/2019 Tokyo Ota Ward Gymnasium

e: gently caress beaten but this match loving owns.

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

Jerusalem posted:

HM: Akito (C) vs. ASUKA in an IPPON Fluorescent Lighttube Deathmatch for the Extreme Title - DDT Wrestle Peter Pan

This was masterfully put together, incredibly entertaining and is the best and only use I ever want to see a Light-tube have in a pro-wrestling match ever.

Yes

Draxion
Jun 9, 2013

UnlimitedSpessmans posted:

MOTYC: DDT Extreme Title – IPPON Fluorescent Lighttube Death Match: Akito (c) Vs Asuka Peter Pan 2019 15/07/2019 Tokyo Ota Ward Gymnasium

3rd! I think if it had gone another couple minutes I'd be giving it a MOTYC vote.

e. Yeah you know what MOTYC. Really unique and incredibly tense - not even just for a gimmick match, just in general.

Draxion fucked around with this message at 07:33 on Jul 15, 2019

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

You're crazy J-Ru. That match invoked an entirely different form of tension than most matches and it delivered way more than I expected. MOTYC for sure.

Draxion posted:

3rd! I think if it had gone another couple minutes I'd be giving it a MOTYC vote.

That's not a bad argument for going HM but I'm sticking to MOTYC myself

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

Jerusalem posted:

HM: Akito (C) vs. ASUKA in an IPPON Fluorescent Lighttube Deathmatch for the Extreme Title - DDT Wrestle Peter Pan

Seconding

And for those in total confusion, there's one light tube in the match and you lose instantly if you break it. They had a live demonstration with trainees and everything

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

nth

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

RealFoxy posted:

Seconding

And for those in total confusion, there's one light tube in the match and you lose instantly if you break it. They had a live demonstration with trainees and everything

Yeah, you'll never see wrestlers move so gingerly in a ring. Absolute edge-of-your-seat stuff that people seriously should watch

J-Ro
Jul 26, 2005

Child Of The Revolution

Yes!

Sticky Nate
Jan 9, 2012

MassRafTer posted:

Third. I was certain I nominated this earlier but it was just in my notebook.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

MassRafTer posted:

MOTYC for Will The Thrill Ospreay/Sanada, KENTA/Tanahashi and EVIL/Ibushi

HM for Okada/ZSJ

Agree with all these, so that's a nth to each.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
HM: Hiroshi Tanahashi, KENTA, Clark Connors and Karl Fredericks vs. Zack Sabre Jr, Lance Archer, Minoru Suzuki and Yoshinobu Kanimaru, G1 Climax Night 4, 15/07

TriffTshngo
Mar 28, 2010

Don't get it twisted who your enemies are.

Rarity posted:

HM: Hiroshi Tanahashi, KENTA, Clark Connors and Karl Fredericks vs. Zack Sabre Jr, Lance Archer, Minoru Suzuki and Yoshinobu Kanimaru, G1 Climax Night 4, 15/07

Nth. Holy poo poo what a fun match. NJPW undercard tags are usually fine but skippable, this one wasn't anything to write home about as far as the wrestling but there were so many little sub-stories and character moments happening here all in the middle of a fun clusterfuck brawl. Definitely give this one a watch if you typically skip the multi-mans.

lost my old email
Jun 20, 2019

TriffTshngo posted:

Nth. Holy poo poo what a fun match. NJPW undercard tags are usually fine but skippable, this one wasn't anything to write home about as far as the wrestling but there were so many little sub-stories and character moments happening here all in the middle of a fun clusterfuck brawl. Definitely give this one a watch if you typically skip the multi-mans.

nthing that nth for the reasons specified in the above post

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

I won't go as far as an HM but the KENTA/Tanahashi stuff in particular I thought was really well done.

TriffTshngo
Mar 28, 2010

Don't get it twisted who your enemies are.

Jerusalem posted:

I won't go as far as an HM but the KENTA/Tanahashi stuff in particular I thought was really well done.

Lance providing some guest commentary is what put it over the edge for me, honestly.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

MOTYC: Tetsuya Endo (c) vs. Konosuke Takeshita for the KO-D Openweight Championship - DDT Wrestle Peter Pan (7/15)

jesus loving christ

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

MOTYC: Tetsuya Endo (c) vs. Konosuke Takeshita for the KO-D Openweight Championship - DDT Wrestle Peter Pan (7/15)

jesus loving christ

Nth

I need to watch more DDT

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

jesus loving christ

Nth :swoon:

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

GAME PLANS? We don't need no stinking game plans.

:cry: :cry: :cry:
MOTYC Tomohiro Ishii v Switchblade G1 climax day 4 15/07/19

My favourite match of the tournament so far

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

HM: Tomohiro Ishii vs. Switchblade Jay White - NJPW G1 Climax Night 4 - 7/15

Goddamn this match was so drat good, some absolutely crazy poo poo and moves and counters and false-finishes and an ending I absolutely did not see coming.

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

Jerusalem posted:

Goddamn this match was so drat good, some absolutely crazy poo poo and moves and counters and false-finishes and an ending I absolutely did not see coming.

:agreed:

The Croc
Dec 19, 2004

A-well-a everybody's heard about the bird!

OH YEAH!

Jerusalem posted:

second

Only registered members can see post attachments!

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Burn Down Canberra posted:

Yes they are cool and good together, 2nd that

lost my old email
Jun 20, 2019

i am now of the thinking that picking more than one MOTYC from the same show is a cowards gambit so i am going to second this match and this match alone. naitao and taicho will not top it :colbert:

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

absolutely yes

an_mutt
Sep 29, 2010

I was,
I am,
and I remain a soldier!

Sworn to dedicate my heart and soul to the restoration of human kind!

nth and same. Ishii may v. well be my favourite wrestler right now.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

HM: Tetsuya Naito vs. Taichi - NJPW G1 Climax Night 4 - 7/15

Probably my favorite ever Naito/Taichi match, this was really drat good.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Jerusalem posted:

nth

Also

HM: Juice Robinson vs Hirooki Goto - NJPW G1 Climax Night 4 - 7/15

I will always mark when someone counters a move by headbutting it.

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Jerusalem posted:

Second. Main event Taichi is always a barrel of fun

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Jerusalem posted:

Nth

what a good day this Monday's already been :unsmith:

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

GAME PLANS? We don't need no stinking game plans.

:cry: :cry: :cry:

Jerusalem posted:

Nth it was dumb in just the right ways. Taichi tricking red shoes by pointing was a highlight

UnlimitedSpessmans
Jul 31, 2015

Jerusalem posted:

yeah, the iron claw fuckin owns

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Jerusalem posted:

Best Naito gets demolished for most of the match match I've seen for a while. Mostly thanks to the fuckery meaning it didn't deal too much like it fit that formula.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lost my old email
Jun 20, 2019

Jerusalem posted:

really fun, not quite as good as ishii/switchblade. months of build for a brass knux spot, gedo is a genius

edit: that is an endorsement