Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

A Buttery Pastry posted:

Danmark til Ejderen Elben Tiberen.

:denmark:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:
Tiberen er for meget nord-syd til at fungere som grænse for Danmark. Kompromis: Danmark til Rubicon

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Danmark til Kongeåen, gently caress DF'erne.

Cardiac
Aug 28, 2012

THE BAR posted:

And here I thought it was about getting Slesvig back.

If you are not careful you might get Skåne back.

von Braun
Oct 30, 2009

Broder Daniel Forever
free asap and let me smoke at uteserveringar again

Potrzebie
Apr 6, 2010

I may not know what I'm talking about, but I sure love cops! ^^ Boy, but that boot is just yummy!
Lipstick Apathy

von Braun posted:

No.

Wild Horses
Oct 31, 2012

There's really no meaning in making beetles fight.
Compromise: let people smoke, send asap to the nordic gulags

Fader Movitz
Sep 25, 2012

Snus, snaps och saltlakrits

Are you kriminalvården?

https://sverigesradio.se/sida/artikel.aspx?programid=83&artikel=7261237

von Braun
Oct 30, 2009

Broder Daniel Forever

Straight up a terrible idea, all around.

Katt
Nov 14, 2017

quote:

Har rökning varit ett problem?

– Inte egentligen.

Seems like s question they could have prepared for. Any experienced bureaucrat could have prepared 10 A4 pages of bogus problems.

Wild Horses
Oct 31, 2012

Katt posted:

Seems like s question they could have prepared for. Any experienced bureaucrat could have prepared 10 A4 pages of bogus problems.

Just lol

They should just come clean and say they’re doing it for the extra punitive justice

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Wild Horses posted:

Just lol

They should just come clean and say they’re doing it for the extra punitive justice

Wasn't even that, apparently they were inspired by the outdoors smoking ban debate and decided to ask the government on a whim.

Wild Horses
Oct 31, 2012

Goddamn do they really think a load of guys with adhd and antisocial tendencies are gonna appreciate this health freak fad bullshit? It’s basically the same as punishment

evil_bunnY
Apr 2, 2003

von Braun posted:

How about the opposite

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

evil_bunnY posted:

How about the opposite

Spent an entire evening at an outside restaurant yesterday and only once did some try to light a cigarette, only to politely stop without complaint when the waiter reminded them of the law.

Cardiac
Aug 28, 2012

MiddleOne posted:

Spent an entire evening at an outside restaurant yesterday and only once did some try to light a cigarette, only to politely stop without complaint when the waiter reminded them of the law.

So the revolution isn’t coming this year as well.

evil_bunnY
Apr 2, 2003

MiddleOne posted:

Yeah I have kids so guess what it's me, the rear end in a top hat asking you to put out your cancer stick.

Zombiepop
Mar 30, 2010

SplitSoul posted:

Didn't the Dutch coffeeshops ban tobacco and provide herbal analogues for mixing?

Nah that was the result of some law, coffeshop owners fought against it, they got herb mixes instead. (often terrible)

There is a lot of stupidity with the new law, like the ambition to remove a lot of ashtrays from bus stops etc, without puttning up new ones nearby. A lot more butts on the ground about 2 m from the track these days, and fewer in the tray. And if Im at an outdoor serving area I can walk past some barrier and smoke exactly 1 meter from where i previously drank beer, but then Im not allowed to drink the beer since Im on the Street.

Im a smoker but I try to not smoke around people, its like common sense. But the public debate about this is so stupid and really brings out the worst tendencies in people from both sides.

Katt
Nov 14, 2017

Zombiepop posted:

Nah that was the result of some law, coffeshop owners fought against it, they got herb mixes instead. (often terrible)

There is a lot of stupidity with the new law, like the ambition to remove a lot of ashtrays from bus stops etc, without puttning up new ones nearby. A lot more butts on the ground about 2 m from the track these days, and fewer in the tray. And if Im at an outdoor serving area I can walk past some barrier and smoke exactly 1 meter from where i previously drank beer, but then Im not allowed to drink the beer since Im on the Street.

Im a smoker but I try to not smoke around people, its like common sense. But the public debate about this is so stupid and really brings out the worst tendencies in people from both sides.

Aren't you also banned from smoking just outside the serving area as well as the entrance?

Potrzebie
Apr 6, 2010

I may not know what I'm talking about, but I sure love cops! ^^ Boy, but that boot is just yummy!
Lipstick Apathy

Zombiepop posted:

There is really no meaningful opposition to restricting smoking in Sweden.

And it works; 50% reduction since the ban on indoors smoking in restaurants and bars is an insanely good result.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Katt posted:

Aren't you also banned from smoking just outside the serving area as well as the entrance?

Yup, the location has en obligation to chase you away under the new law if you're loitering around the entrance.

Zombiepop
Mar 30, 2010

Katt posted:

Yeah but its up to the owners of the place and a lot of people dont want to enforce it, see chairs outside the local pubs.

Katt
Nov 14, 2017

MiddleOne posted:

Yup, the location has en obligation to chase you away under the new law if you're loitering around the entrance.

With a tiny water gun I hope.

Zombiepop
Mar 30, 2010

Potrzebie posted:

There is really no meaningful opposition to restricting smoking in Sweden.

And it works; 50% reduction since the ban on indoors smoking in restaurants and bars is an insanely good result.

Ah yes, forcefully demanding and restricting how public space should be used can ofc be effective, it wont stop stupid poo poo from being stupid.

But no one lives in sweden cause they want liberties, we got denmark/germany for that.

Katt
Nov 14, 2017

Zombiepop posted:

Yeah but its up to the owners of the place and a lot of people dont want to enforce it, see chairs outside the local pubs.

I see smokers continue their long tradition of "Lets be as big of a nuisance as is humanly possible. What are they gonna do? make a law about it?" that has served them so well over the past decades.

Zombiepop
Mar 30, 2010

Katt posted:

I see smokers continue their long tradition of "Lets be as big of a nuisance as is humanly possible. What are they gonna do? make a law about it?" that has served them so well over the past decades.

Yeah if yall really view the world like this, eh. Yeah as previously stated, both sides are dumb as hell.

But hey! No more vattenpipakafe! Cant have that here can we now?

~nolltolerans2020~

Zombiepop fucked around with this message at 06:04 on Jul 15, 2019

Wild Horses
Oct 31, 2012

lite passiv rökning är bra för barns hälsa, sluta va töntiga kring detta

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

Katt posted:

I am against all forms of prohibition.

But in this case, the fuckers brought it on themselves, with their exceedingly lovely behavior.

Beeswax
Dec 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer
I am in favour of all forms of prohibition.

Wild Horses
Oct 31, 2012

KozmoNaut posted:

I am against all forms of prohibition.

But in this case, the fuckers brought it on themselves, with their exceedingly lovely behavior.

Very rarely have I seen someone disregard someone asking them to smoke somewhere else.
Of course, most people never actually ask smokers anything, just imply things by clearing their throats and stuff

Then those same people go home and write legislation against public smoking haha

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012

Wild Horses posted:

Very rarely have I seen someone disregard someone asking them to smoke somewhere else.
Of course, most people never actually ask smokers anything, just imply things by clearing their throats and stuff

Then those same people go home and write legislation against public smoking haha

Confront someone? Absolutely not! Easier to look down than to do something.

Seriously, if someone wants me to not smoke somewhere or move from a spot for the love of god ask it’s sincerely not a big deal. I’m already hyper aware of where I do smoke to try and avoid others, or go to a designated spot.

Katt
Nov 14, 2017

Nobody that is not a smoker wants someone smoking within smelling distance of them, at any time, ever. :v:

evil_bunnY
Apr 2, 2003

Katt posted:

Nobody that is not a smoker wants someone smoking within smelling distance of them, at any time, ever. :v:
Unironically this.

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

Katt posted:

And the smokers don't know why, because smoking has ruined their sense of smell.

Potrzebie
Apr 6, 2010

Lipstick Apathy

Katt posted:

Just lol if you still smoke in tyool 2019.

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

Potrzebie posted:

It's a complete and utter loving mystery to me how young people pick up smoking in 2019, or for that matter in the last 10 if not 20 years.

Katt
Nov 14, 2017

Potrzebie posted:

Same for 1919 or 1819.

I mean when our parents said that they didn't know it was bad for your health "back then" we politely nodded, but lets be honest. Everyone always knew that smoking was bad for you. Yeah they bribed the doctors a bunch and spread a ton of propaganda but that didn't fool people into believing that smoking was safe. It just gave smokers some peace of mind to keep smoking, like religion does with death.

But come on. It's smoke, in the lungs. It's like fire and genitals. You don't need a doctor telling you it's bad because everything about the situation screams that "this is bad" a persons first reaction to smoke is bad, smokers have had hacking coughs for centuries and cough up whole tires worth of tar soaked gunk. People who smoke have had throat and breathing issues since forever.

Potrzebie
Apr 6, 2010

Lipstick Apathy

Katt posted:

Same for 1919 or 1819.

To be fair, "everyone" was smoking when i was a kid. Your average workplace was a smoke filled hell regardless of your personal vices.

Today only tryhards and those stuck in addiction smoke. The propaganda based on role models smoking is no more. Soon enough smokers will be seen as losers.

Bad habits die off eventually; even the aristocracy bathe on the regular these days.

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

Wild Horses posted:

My main issue is the absurd amount of cigarette butts every-loving-where.

There is absolutely no excuse, if you throw a cigarette butt (or any other kind of trash) on the ground, you deserve to rot in hell.

Even a few meters away from a clearly marked trash bin, the ground is littered with cigarette butts. It's insane how smokers somehow think it's ok to just throw that poo poo on the ground.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Katt
Nov 14, 2017

Potrzebie posted:

To be fair, "everyone" was smoking when i was a kid. Your average workplace was a smoke filled hell regardless of your personal vices.

Today only tryhards and those stuck in addiction smoke. The propaganda based on role models smoking is no more. Soon enough smokers will be seen as losers.

Bad habits die off eventually; even the aristocracy bathe on the regular these days.

True. Still surprised when we get an 18 something intern at work that smokes.