Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

aware of dog
Nov 14, 2016

Agean90 posted:

Next james bond is gonna be a black woman, this gonna be good

https://twitter.com/jamesjaded/status/1150408717072027648?s=21

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Big Fuckin Hornet
Nov 1, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

im glad

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

Cant believe they're making a black woman an imperialist assassin

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

(and can't post for 22 days!)

it's safe to get horny to Bond films again

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

sorry chuds, should've got behind Idris Elba when you had the chance :twisted:

Farm Frenzy
Jan 3, 2007

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

it's safe to get horny to Bond films again

finally... the woke 007

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

https://twitter.com/PatBlanchfield/status/1150761058132471808

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Uhh that's clearly Jordash Peterson in a wig :confused:

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

https://twitter.com/Rich_Cooper/status/1150362246092075011?s=20

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Grace Jones was hot

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

lol as if Grace Jones isn't a loving goddess

Farm Frenzy
Jan 3, 2007

i get people freaking out positively and negatively about changes to a beloved childrens movie but people suddenly pretending like they care about bond movies is gonna push me voer the edge

maswastaken
Nov 12, 2011

They've used a lot of provocative words to say "Here's your Bond girl for this one".

DOCTOR ZIMBARDO
May 8, 2006
it’s simultaneously interesting and very, very boring how the outrage/backlash cycles are used to market whatever the summer movie lineup is

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

James Bond was goofy and corny as poo poo for years and year lol

PsychoInternetHawk
Apr 4, 2011

Perhaps, if one wishes to remain an individual in the midst of the teeming multitudes, one must make oneself grotesque.
Grimey Drawer

This is pretty funny considering that in the novels Bond is portrayed as a barely functioning alcoholic and sex addict who clearly cannot operate in normal society, and who gets his poo poo absolutely wrecked at least several times per book

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

The best bond is H Jon Benjamin anyway

pookel
Oct 27, 2011

Ultra Carp

Bedshaped posted:

No it's not it's very apt and good and people born after 2000 are going to suck as bad as people born after 1945

Yes, that's right, the generation that's already independently created an international movement for climate change activism, and in the US has done more to fight the NRA than the Democratic Party has ever done, are going to be "just as bad" as the boomers. Wtf are you talking about?

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.
Holy moly

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Were British racists upset that James Bond was Scottish when Dr No came out?

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006
:gay:

Antifa Turkeesian posted:

Scots were just about OK, they're basically a white version of the Irish.

breadshaped
Apr 1, 2010

Soiled Meat

pookel posted:

Yes, that's right, the generation that's already independently created an international movement for climate change activism, and in the US has done more to fight the NRA than the Democratic Party has ever done, are going to be "just as bad" as the boomers. Wtf are you talking about?

They're, op

sleeptalker
Feb 17, 2011

"Today's men have turned out WEAK because of a movie that hasn't even been made yet!"

Gravy Jones
Sep 13, 2003

I am not on your side

Antifa Turkeesian posted:

as long as (s)he's not Welsh or Australian

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

PsychoInternetHawk posted:

This is pretty funny considering that in the novels Bond is portrayed as a barely functioning alcoholic and sex addict who clearly cannot operate in normal society, and who gets his poo poo absolutely wrecked at least several times per book

Yeah well that turned out to be what every middle class white man wished their life was like so...

Neutrino
Mar 8, 2006

Fallen Rib
I feel sorry for Richard Cooper.

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything

'for example, the belief that liberal elites make up an international pedophile ring'

pookel
Oct 27, 2011

Ultra Carp

Bedshaped posted:

They're, op

I have no idea what this means

breadshaped
Apr 1, 2010

Soiled Meat

pookel posted:

I have no idea what this means

It means you are a loving dumbass liberal that responded in earnest to a nonserious post with 2 of the stupidest examples possible

PsychoInternetHawk
Apr 4, 2011

Perhaps, if one wishes to remain an individual in the midst of the teeming multitudes, one must make oneself grotesque.
Grimey Drawer

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

Yeah well that turned out to be what every middle class white man wished their life was like so...

One of the novels does end with Bond in Japan with amnesia, living with a Japanese wife and convinced that he himself is also Japanese

So yeah living that weeb dream basically

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

Either Bond or Don Draper, both of whom are completely miserable.

pookel
Oct 27, 2011

Ultra Carp

Bedshaped posted:

It means you are a loving dumbass liberal that responded in earnest to a nonserious post with 2 of the stupidest examples possible
I'm autistic, not a "liberal," and not getting that a post is nonserious is pretty normal for me, but thanks for being a huge rear end in a top hat about it!

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Bond was portrayed as far more competent and well-adjusted than someone with his personality and vices would've been in the real world in the movies, which is why he's a cautionary tale in the books. Sort of like a reverse Blade Runner thing where Deckard in the movie just gets owned nonstop but in the book he's actually good at his job

The Ultimate Doge
May 1, 2019

by Nyc_Tattoo
Black woman... *intense music from the Matrix plays and glowing arcane symbols float around my head* ... with short hair... *music reaches a crescendo and the symbols come together into a beam of light that shoots from my head into space* is Grace Jones

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

He's literally a murderer who kills people for Thatcher's oil profit for money. An ultra-cop if you will. How the heck could a Bond be anything except horrible in every way :confused:

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Zeroisanumber posted:

Either Bond or Don Draper, both of whom are completely miserable.

Big difference being that the movies play up Bond's lifestyle as cool and that he's enjoying himself.

It's not much different from how Death Wish started out as a fairly faithful adaptation of the book, which is about a desperate vigilante who doesn't achieve any kind of justice and just kills a lot of people. Then the rest of the film series was just vigilante wish fulfillment.

Petr
Oct 3, 2000

pookel posted:

I'm autistic, not a "liberal," and not getting that a post is nonserious is pretty normal for me, but thanks for being a huge rear end in a top hat about it!

I'm not autistic, and there's nothing to indicate the post wasn't serious. I'm not sure why Bedshaped is having a moment at you.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Movies catering to Chinese markets is a massive improvement over the past, when movies were all written by and for white men.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

i prefer forza horizon

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Ultimate Doge
May 1, 2019

by Nyc_Tattoo

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

Movies catering to Chinese markets is a massive improvement over the past, when movies were all written by and for white men.

Why is that better