Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!

Now we just need to pull the trigger on Mexican Girl Wolverine and maybe enough of them will die out that we can make some progress

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

Zeroisanumber posted:

lol as if Grace Jones isn't a loving goddess

get this: he's extremely racist

The Ultimate Doge
May 1, 2019

by Nyc_Tattoo

This is the best one

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

PsychoInternetHawk posted:

This is pretty funny considering that in the novels Bond is portrayed as a barely functioning alcoholic and sex addict who clearly cannot operate in normal society, and who gets his poo poo absolutely wrecked at least several times per book

yeah, any agent that gets caught as often as he does would be relegated to desk duty at best. he's just a fuckup who's exceptionally lucky

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yiWeqVYYI1c

The Ultimate Doge
May 1, 2019

by Nyc_Tattoo
Classic movie James Bond loses almost every fistfight and usually gets saved by a girl. This is why men are killing themselves

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

The Ultimate Doge posted:

Why is that better

Because Chinese people just want to watch stupid flashy poo poo that lets them escape from their lives for 90 minutes, and aren't looking for narratives that reinforce all of their most reactionary desires.

breadshaped
Apr 1, 2010

Soiled Meat

pookel posted:

I'm autistic, not a "liberal," and not getting that a post is nonserious is pretty normal for me, but thanks for being a huge rear end in a top hat about it!

Well "They're" means "they are", climate change is not going to be stopped and the functioning or nonfunctioning of a private company like the NRA has brought about no changes in gun regulation.

And I'm sorry I didn't know you were neurodivergent.

The Ultimate Doge
May 1, 2019

by Nyc_Tattoo

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

Because Chinese people just want to watch stupid flashy poo poo that lets them escape from their lives for 90 minutes, and aren't looking for narratives that reinforce all of their most reactionary desires.

Yeah but they love Bay's Transformers so it's a wash

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.
James Bond isn't even that suave or witty, it's just that every woman he meets has a name that means "it's great for you to gently caress me." All he has to do is raise his eyebrows suggestively, it's a layup

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

i feel like they weren't even trying once they got to "octopussy"

Ugato
Apr 9, 2009

We're not?

Petr posted:

I'm not autistic, and there's nothing to indicate the post wasn't serious. I'm not sure why Bedshaped is having a moment at you.

he’s upset no one is jumping on the Zoomer train and lashing out

pookel
Oct 27, 2011

Ultra Carp

Bedshaped posted:

Well "They're" means "they are", climate change is not going to be stopped and the functioning or nonfunctioning of a private company like the NRA has brought about no changes in gun regulation.

And I'm sorry I didn't know you were neurodivergent.
I didn't say "they're" anywhere though?

The NRA isn't a private company - or a company at all - it's a right-wing lobbying organization that gets terrible Stand Your Ground laws passed that get a lot of black people killed (among many other lovely racist things!) and they have imploded over the last year after a bunch of teenagers made their brand toxic on social media. Their funding is in the toilet, the leadership has fallen apart, and for the first time in decades politicians are willing to stand up to them because they're not afraid that disagreeing with them will tank their campaigns.

"Climate change is not going to be stopped" just sounds like lovely right-wing nihilism.

Re: autism, it's all good, just understand that I'm going to miss "obvious" sarcasm a lot of the time.

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Woman wearing gown with a slit down the side: "Pleased to make your acquaintance. I'm Sophie Soppingvagina"

The most charming man in the world:

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
i hope she pegs whoever she seduces

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

James Bond meeting a woman is like if Moe just called out the names voluntarily without Bart having to make any up

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

pookel posted:

I didn't say "they're" anywhere though?

The NRA isn't a private company - or a company at all - it's a right-wing lobbying organization that gets terrible Stand Your Ground laws passed that get a lot of black people killed (among many other lovely racist things!) and they have imploded over the last year after a bunch of teenagers made their brand toxic on social media. Their funding is in the toilet, the leadership has fallen apart, and for the first time in decades politicians are willing to stand up to them because they're not afraid that disagreeing with them will tank their campaigns.

"Climate change is not going to be stopped" just sounds like lovely right-wing nihilism.

Re: autism, it's all good, just understand that I'm going to miss "obvious" sarcasm a lot of the time.

You can't stop climate change, it's already happening lol

pookel
Oct 27, 2011

Ultra Carp

Al! posted:

yeah, any agent that gets caught as often as he does would be relegated to desk duty at best. he's just a fuckup who's exceptionally lucky
James Bond is basically Jake Peralta

Gets away with a lot of terrible immature behavior & moronic risk-taking because he's occasionally really good at his job and everyone likes him

Farm Frenzy
Jan 3, 2007

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

none of the movies people say were ruined for chinese audiences ever had any chance of being good anyway

Soy Division
Aug 12, 2004

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

well also that’s pretty much the only content you can produce given the CCP’s ridiculous censorship rules (for example time travel and skeletons are prohibited)

negative depictions of police are forbidden too

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
KGB agent "May Day." This is what the left used to be like

Al! posted:

i feel like they weren't even trying once they got to "octopussy"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yeUPRcFjZPM

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

pookel posted:

James Bond is basically Jake Peralta

Gets away with a lot of terrible immature behavior & moronic risk-taking because he's occasionally really good at his job and everyone likes him

he's not even that good at his job, it's just that any of the women who could say otherwise mysteriously end up dead

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

deckgibson posted:

well also that’s pretty much the only content you can produce given the CCP’s ridiculous censorship rules (for example time travel and skeletons are prohibited)

so your average Christopher Nolan movie

cargo cult
Aug 28, 2008

by Reene
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fkqGiPB2D8M

aware of dog
Nov 14, 2016

deckgibson posted:

Didn't the last avengers movie have time travel? It made bank in China

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

What if the female 007 meets guys with names like Dick Harden

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Hell yeah gently caress up those American pigs :d2a:

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Jewel Repetition posted:

still too subtle, it'd be like Boner Floppily

The Ultimate Doge
May 1, 2019

by Nyc_Tattoo

Jewel Repetition posted:

That would actually make me love her if she was like "mm, I should hope so"

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Epic High Five posted:

Steel Rod

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

Jewel Repetition posted:

Woman wearing gown with a slit down the side: "Pleased to make your acquaintance. I'm Sophie Soppingvagina"

The most charming man in the world:

Special Agent Jack Decker

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

i hope she mostly shoots guys in the dick and balls, gives em a full on scalise

The Ultimate Doge
May 1, 2019

by Nyc_Tattoo

Al! posted:

i hope she mostly shoots guys in the dick and balls, gives em a full on scalise

I hope there's a rivalry between her and James Bond where he starts shooting women in the pussy and everyone gets mad at him

The Ultimate Doge
May 1, 2019

by Nyc_Tattoo
007 after a one in a million shot: Oh dear, this courier seems to have dropped his package
*MI6 erupts in applause*
James bond after same: It looks like that egg... has been scrambled
*Everyone in MI6 whips out their phones to start cancelling him*

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

007: THIS IS REVERSE SEXISM

The Ultimate Doge
May 1, 2019

by Nyc_Tattoo
Bond clearing his throat and adjusting his tie as he tries to salvage his dignity: That is to say... the ovaries, are over-easy
*White woman in MI6 tells 007 to shake her head so she can record it and post it as a gif on Bond's Twitter*

sleeptalker
Feb 17, 2011

Pre-Craig James Bond lacks object permanence.

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

Hell yeah gently caress up those American pigs :d2a:

Do the American bad guys speak Chinese with a bad American accent?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Epic High Five posted:

Vladimir Muffdiver