Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
Yet the country collectively places the blame squarely on her shoulders

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

It's satire, but still great.

https://twitter.com/DPRK_News/status/1150087949888839680

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos
Also North Korea is objectively better than the US

https://twitter.com/negaversace/status/1150201046016372736?s=19

Trapick
Apr 17, 2006

Katt posted:

Can't Monica Lewinsky sue Clinton? He pretty much ruined her career regardless of what profession she pursues.
Hardly just Clinton to blame - Linda Tripp, Ken Starr, every late night host, the FBI, the media, all treated her like poo poo.

doverhog
May 31, 2013

Defender of democracy and human rights 🇺🇦
Hillary Clinton did not divorce, nor defend Lewinsky in public. She is very much to blame.

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007
Why would she divorce Lewinsky?

doverhog
May 31, 2013

Faulty grammar, well done. I feel chastised.

guestimate
Nov 10, 2011

Yup. When you are a young chick you do stupid rear end poo poo. It shouldn't ruin your life but sometimes it does.
:(

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

guestimate posted:

Yup. When you are a young chick you do stupid rear end poo poo. It shouldn't ruin your life but sometimes it does.
:(

Can we even call it a mistake? If she did the "smart" thing and refused Bill Clinton she absolutely would have faced repercussions for that refusal. Monica deserved so much better than that.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
This is the only place I can think to ask, I saw a tweet about what Italians eat for breakfast (you know, like, a cigarette and half a plastic wrapped croissant) and google isn't helping and it's driving me insane, please help me goons you're my only hope

SgtScruffy
Dec 27, 2003

Babies.

DACK FAYDEN posted:

This is the only place I can think to ask, I saw a tweet about what Italians eat for breakfast (you know, like, a cigarette and half a plastic wrapped croissant) and google isn't helping and it's driving me insane, please help me goons you're my only hope

https://twitter.com/ctford/status/1140517146730074113

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
...that literally took you FOUR MINUTES, including the time to, you know, see my post.

I'm amazed, but also thankful.

edit: and yes it was on page 27 of this thread but I had to find that out manually

DACK FAYDEN has a new favorite as of 01:38 on Jul 15, 2019

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Complex, statistically improbable things are by their nature more difficult to explain than simple, statistically probable things.
Grimey Drawer

Screaming Idiot posted:

Can we even call it a mistake? If she did the "smart" thing and refused Bill Clinton she absolutely would have faced repercussions for that refusal. Monica deserved so much better than that.

Yeah, a temp staffer against the POTUS is pretty much the biggest example of power dynamics at play I can think of

SneezeOfTheDecade
Feb 6, 2011

gettin' covid all
over your posts

Absurd Alhazred posted:

If you haven't read it before it was taken down then you missed the ~1500 words starting the piece that were just him talking about this guy he met years ago at a bar with whom he couldn't quite get along, that had nothing to do with Buttigieg other than whatever lovely metaphor he was going for.

It's from a couple days ago, but if you still want to read Dale Peck being a loving shitstain, archive.today's got your back.

https://twitter.com/jahimes/status/1150482185339543552

guestimate
Nov 10, 2011

Screaming Idiot posted:

Uh she pursued him. I was around then, read everything about it as an adult- she had a crush which became a love/hate thing. She initially thought they may have had a future together. I haven't ever read anything that sounds like coercion (besides the obvious power dynamic which makes him very much in the wrong.)

It was a mistake many young women make including myself- getting involved with a very bad guy or entering an obviously toxic relationship.

Hers went very public. :(

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

Pursuing an obviously Bad News relationship is like something every young person does, and learning from it is part of growing as a person

hers just happened to be the president, and because people are trash, they treated her like poo poo for it

I feel so bad for Monica but I also really admire and respect her for the way she's handled it

she's funny and she is a serious anti-bullying advocate and that is extremely cool and good and you should watch her ted talk if you haven't

e: that whole scandal is where I learned the word "intern"

and "semen"

growing up in the 90s and 2000s was a real weird time

venus de lmao has a new favorite as of 03:57 on Jul 15, 2019

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

guestimate posted:

Uh she pursued him. I was around then, read everything about it as an adult- she had a crush which became a love/hate thing. She initially thought they may have had a future together. I haven't ever read anything that sounds like coercion (besides the obvious power dynamic which makes him very much in the wrong.)

It was a mistake many young women make including myself- getting involved with a very bad guy or entering an obviously toxic relationship.

Hers went very public. :(

DING DING DING loving DING

He was the president of the United States, one of the most powerful men in the world. She may have started with the crush, but if she backed out she would have suffered every bit as much as she did now, if not more so. Powerful men have a bad habit of getting a bit testy when they don't get their way.

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

Screaming Idiot posted:

DING DING DING loving DING

He was the president of the United States, one of the most powerful men in the world. She may have started with the crush, but if she backed out she would have suffered every bit as much as she did now, if not more so. Powerful men have a bad habit of getting a bit testy when they don't get their way.

Yeah man, literally everyone agrees.

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

Captain Monkey posted:

Yeah man, literally everyone agrees.

I'm just clarifying that in her own statement she said "I didn't notice the coercion, aside from the coercion" which struck me as a "missing the forest for the trees" kind of thing. Monica may have initiated it, but she didn't get much of a choice in the matter after that.

Screaming Idiot has a new favorite as of 04:04 on Jul 15, 2019

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007
ok man

doverhog
May 31, 2013

Bill Clinton was also friends with Jeffrey Epstein and flew around on his lolita plane. Yet somehow Lewinski is the vilified one.

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

doverhog posted:

Bill Clinton was also friends with Jeffrey Epstein and flew around on his lolita plane. Yet somehow Lewinski is the vilified one.

He flew with Epstein and Kevin Spacey to Africa

Dude is exactly as bad as the pizzagaters say he is

grittyreboot
Oct 2, 2012

Every Catholic gandma has these. They've never been sold by conventional means.
https://twitter.com/CandyCornball/status/1150385885235597313?s=19

grittyreboot has a new favorite as of 07:35 on Jul 15, 2019

DontMockMySmock
Aug 9, 2008

I got this title for the dumbest fucking possible take on sea shanties. Specifically, I derailed the meme thread because sailors in the 18th century weren't woke enough for me, and you shouldn't sing sea shanties. In fact, don't have any fun ever.

Oof, my childhood.

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost

DontMockMySmock posted:

Oof, my childhood.

Those, the slightly bad colour-wrapped chocolates where there's just the faintest hint of mint or orange essence, and starlight peppermints.

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

https://twitter.com/LilNasX/status/1086312060974256128?s=19

Bert Roberge
Nov 28, 2003

grittyreboot posted:

My grandma used to give me these all the time. Now when I give her bread with too much cinnamon it's too spicy.

Bert Roberge
Nov 28, 2003

doverhog posted:

We do like you right wingers coming in here and contributing nothing.

No one on the left still likes Bill Clinton.

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

My mom gave me a candy dish and while I accepted it with what I hope was grace and gratitude, I also really don't eat a lot of candy. So I thought it would be funny to go to the dollar store and buy some of these candies and just keep them in this dish on an end table, never to be eaten by anyone, just as something to look at.

Well, a couple of months ago I adopted a new cat, and she thinks these candies make delightful toys, and so long story short, I now have these strawberry candies turning up in the damnedest places. The prophecy has been fulfilled.

doverhog
May 31, 2013

Bert Roberge posted:

We do like you right wingers coming in here and contributing nothing.

No one on the left still likes Bill Clinton.

Hey, guy, I'm a communist. Like a real one, not whatever you think I am. Also a wizard, like Alan Moore. Look him up.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

doverhog posted:

. Also a wizard, like Alan Moore. Look him up.

So you're a virgin over 30?

doverhog
May 31, 2013

More like, I worship a fictional snake, and cast spells by dedicating physical acts to metaphysical ideas.

*sorry for the derail, i'm done with it, apologies

doverhog has a new favorite as of 13:16 on Jul 15, 2019

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos
But do you post good tweets?

https://twitter.com/AngryRaccoon2/status/1150622484842070022

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

grittyreboot posted:

Dollar store. Not kidding.

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

How is this like a reverse tooth fairy? If anything the tooth fairy and the strawberry candy fairy are running a racket together.

Edit:
https://twitter.com/boring_as_heck/status/1150763166504087552

Mak0rz has a new favorite as of 15:01 on Jul 15, 2019

One More Fat Nerd
Apr 13, 2007

Mama’s Lil’ Louie

Nap Ghost

doverhog posted:

More like, I worship a fictional snake, and cast spells by dedicating physical acts to metaphysical ideas.

Ok, ive seen this in like 3 different places on the forums in the last month, wtf is up with hardcore lefties veering into literal spellcasting magic? Is it some greater internet thing that im not aware of? Is it Marianne Williamson? Is there a new strain of weed out?

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

One More Fat Nerd posted:

Ok, ive seen this in like 3 different places on the forums in the last month, wtf is up with hardcore lefties veering into literal spellcasting magic? Is it some greater internet thing that im not aware of? Is it Marianne Williamson? Is there a new strain of weed out?

I mean, that's literally what Alan Moore does.

Ape Has Killed Ape
Sep 15, 2005

One More Fat Nerd posted:

I mean why not try everything at this point?

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

It's subversive against Christian conservatism. That poo poo is so tired and has caused so many problems that literally everything else looks better and downright reasonable.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chitin
Apr 29, 2007

It is no sign of health to be well-adjusted to a profoundly sick society.

doverhog posted:

Wincing with embarrassment-by-proxy at this post.