Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

tell him if you dont do it, it's going to prolapse

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong
my so got srs very shortly after trump got elected (real bad coincidence in scheduling and all) so i've been plenty familiar with it for a while now.

right now another former trans poster on sa is here recovering from their own srs and dilating in this studio apartment with just a dressing screen to really separate the space. a hell of a thing to be living with for the past 3 weeks or so

anyway, the requisite pride flag

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

its a medical dildo, its fine!

Lain Iwakura
Aug 5, 2004

The body exists only to verify one's own existence.

Taco Defender

jit bull transpile posted:

yarp. you're gonna be so sick of it in three months
I just graduated to the green one today

whoa. your schedule is so different. i am using blue for 10 minutes and then green for 15. starting sunday i am incorporating orange into the mix at least once a day working up to all three

also my dilation schedule is 4x a day until thursday when i drop to 3x

holy poo poo lol

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

So what's the distinction between the colors?

Lain Iwakura
Aug 5, 2004

Taco Defender

iospace posted:

So what's the distinction between the colors?

dilator sizes--colours are from soulsource. orange is the largest one

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Lain Iwakura posted:

dilator sizes. orange is the largest one

Ah, ok!

Lain Iwakura
Aug 5, 2004

Taco Defender

if someone is curious about the dilators, these are the ones i have minus the purple one

https://www.soulsource.com/collections/grs-vaginal-dilators/products/soul-source-grs-vaginal-dilators-large-set

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
dumbass cis person question:

is this a process with an end, or does one need to maintain forever?

Lain Iwakura
Aug 5, 2004

Taco Defender

Jonny 290 posted:

dumbass cis person question:

is this a process with an end, or does one need to maintain forever?

so for me, i am doing them 4x a day until next week thursday at which point i'll do 3x a day until mid-september. after then it'll be twice a day until christmas at which point it becomes once a day

and finally when i hit a whole year i can do it once a week OR just have penetrative sex just as frequent. since i am a lesbian and my primary partner is cis, it's probably going to be dilations for the foreseeable future

failing to dilate can cause the muscles to contract to the point where you won't be able to properly dilate and it can lead to infection due to an air pocket forming inside

Ms. Twiggy
Sep 9, 2018

Floppy drives should be stylish and fun
strap ons are a thing tho

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
gotcha, ty for informing me. super interesting

aardvaard
Mar 4, 2013

you belong in the bog of eternal stench

Ms. Twiggy posted:

gonna say they already know

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

are the widths of the colors proportional? I really hope they are.

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013
I think it's great that the person i was dating just said, "well do you see this relationship going anywhere" when I asked him to talk with me today about maybe being intimate again, because the last few times (about a month ago) didn't go so well because I got too dysphoric to really go through with anything. guess it's over then. just feel loving awful. i thought i could just take a break and maybe gather up my courage and try again, but nope, guess a month of no sex is all it takes to get dumped, and after he assured me "oh i love you and i want you to feel comfortable"

but yay for you all, loving rich assholes. Aren’t you so happy you can afford the poo poo that makes your lives happier because you code or whatever the gently caress it is you all do

SunAndSpring fucked around with this message at 05:15 on Jul 13, 2019

Lain Iwakura
Aug 5, 2004

Taco Defender

Ms. Twiggy posted:

trust me I know :D

Lain Iwakura
Aug 5, 2004

Taco Defender

SunAndSpring posted:

I think it's great that the person i was dating just said, "well do you see this relationship going anywhere" when I asked him to talk with me today about maybe being intimate again, because the last few times (about a month ago) didn't go so well because I got too dysphoric to really go through with anything. guess it's over then. just feel loving awful. i thought i could just take a break and maybe gather up my courage and try again, but nope, guess a month of no sex is all it takes to get dumped, and after he assured me "oh i love you and i want you to feel comfortable"

but yay for you all, loving rich assholes. Aren’t you so happy you can afford the poo poo that makes your lives happier because you code or whatever the gently caress it is you all do

hey friend I am sorry

Ms. Twiggy
Sep 9, 2018

Lain Iwakura posted:

trust me I know :D

they aren’t a replacement for dilation tho? that’s what i didn’t get from your comment

or maybe that’s the joke lol

Lain Iwakura
Aug 5, 2004

Taco Defender

Ms. Twiggy posted:

they aren’t a replacement for dilation tho? that’s what i didn’t get from your comment

or maybe that’s the joke lol

tbh I am not sure if they would be but honestly I wouldn’t treat them as so and for my own sake i will probably stick to dilation going forward

EMILY BLUNTS
Jan 1, 2005

Ms. Twiggy posted:

*two women make a futile attempt at emulating hereto sex, both getting increasingly annoyed and frustrated, before giving up as a cat walks in front of the camera*
“There must be a better way!”

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong

Shifty Pony posted:

are the widths of the colors proportional? I really hope they are.

They are. My so made sure to get the ratios right.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

fishmech posted:

Give them a high five

EMILY BLUNTS
Jan 1, 2005

fishmech posted:

add 4 vertical white dots, one on each band

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

SunAndSpring posted:

I'm really sorry you're struggling but attacking other queers is not an okay way to express your frustration itt

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

I knew about dilators but didn't know they were loving color coded and it's amazing.

Lain Iwakura
Aug 5, 2004

Taco Defender

spankmeister posted:

I knew about dilators but didn't know they were loving color coded and it's amazing.

not all are. there are different dilators but these are the ones that are commonly given out at least in Canada and the USA

jit bull transpile posted:

I'm really sorry you're struggling but attacking other queers is not an okay way to express your frustration itt

I should at least acknowledge that I do have an extreme amount of privilege by living in a country where my government paid for my bottom surgery. it isn’t lost on me

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013
I just feel utterly miserable and it's all because I can't afford any of the stuff that would make feel less like a loving ghoul. I despise hearing from people with more than me talking about the poo poo they bought with their cash, why should I be unhappy just because I make less than you because of circumstances? Everyone is always like "oh sunny you should be happy for other people" but why should I, you have what I want and I'm never going to get it, that's loving demoralizing to see that poo poo

Lain Iwakura
Aug 5, 2004

Taco Defender

SunAndSpring posted:

I just feel utterly miserable and it's all because I can't afford any of the stuff that would make feel less like a loving ghoul. I despise hearing from people with more than me talking about the poo poo they bought with their cash, why should I be unhappy just because I make less than you because of circumstances? Everyone is always like "oh sunny you should be happy for other people" but why should I, you have what I want and I'm never going to get it, that's loving demoralizing to see that poo poo

for what it is worth, I think it is awful that the United States is this way (I am not American just to be clear). i wish I had words for you to help but words don’t pay for things either. I really am sorry

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

on the opposite end I loathe the idea of going through a long, tough, and painful surgery and recovery for something that won’t really have any effect on my own life, in fact possibly making it harder cause now I have another thing to worry about v:shobon:v

deadass don’t want surgery.

Ms. Twiggy
Sep 9, 2018

SunAndSpring posted:

You have every right in the world to be unhappy. Your negative emotions are legitimate, real, and valid and I’m sorry you feel as trapped, hurt, and distressed as you do when you encounter spaces filled with more fortunate and privileged trans folks. You don’t deserve to be inherently unhappy. No one does.

But to come in here and denounce the perceived happy and contented emotions in this thread because you are unhappy is just as wrong as us trying to tell you to be happy. Just as your negative emotions are legitimate, real, and valid, so are the emotions of contentment or, at the very least, mild acceptance, of others in this thread.

We as a community need to continue to fight for all trans people have access to the medical care and societal recognition they deserve, and we need to do this together without taking on a FYGM or spiteful attitude and without dismissing our successes and failures (both personal and communal).

We all need to do better.

Ellie Crabcakes
Feb 1, 2008

Stop emailing my boyfriend Gay Crungus

SunAndSpring posted:

I sleep in the hallway of a skid row homeless shelter, so I deffo understand pressing your nose up against the glass and looking at all the things out of your reach.

But try not to look at it so much in terms of what you don't have or what other people have, because someone is always going to have more than you.

Think about what you do have. Everything aside, you've got your Truth. You've got your spirit. Stay true to the first and feed the second whatever scraps you can find.

It's natural to feel that acid envy; to feel what's missing when you see where it isn't missing. I'm not some zen mistress in complete control with like, soooo much inner peace. I get jealous of other people's happiness. I have moments where others' laughter feels like a slap in my face. I get resentful that people are just waving their happiness in my miserable loving face.

It's natural, but it's unhealthy. Feel it, yeah. Deal with it as best you can, and do what you can when you can to get where you have to go. It's lovely and frustrating, but it beats drowning yourself in bile.

We will now return to our regularly scheduled programming. For more information send a self-addressed stamped envelope to PO Box 5318008 in Pueblo, Colorado

Lain Iwakura
Aug 5, 2004

Taco Defender
i was reading a synopsis for the book "Adam" and am all "what the gently caress" right now

aardvaard
Mar 4, 2013

you belong in the bog of eternal stench

yeah i just heard about that book/film and i am extremely What The gently caress Who Made This God drat

Ms. Twiggy
Sep 9, 2018

seriously. what the hell is this garbage?

https://twitter.com/itsspookygage/status/1150245822254264320

OldAlias
Nov 2, 2013

wow yikes, that’s horrible

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

"[u posted:

Adam[/u] author Ariel Schrag"]
In the same interview, Schrag adds that [Lesbian love interest] Gillian was based on Constance McMillen, a teen who wasn’t allowed to bring her girlfriend to prom. Shrag says, “All I kept thinking was, ‘What if in a year or two this girl is into guys?’ How and what sort of shame or what sort of anxiety will that cause her, and how hosed up it is that could happen and she had become this poster girl. I think labels are fun and they can be useful but really am very anti the whole label phenomenon. If anything, I would say the book is an attack on labels across the board.”

:wtc:

dig up, stupid

quote:

“In 2006, trans identity is something the outside world seems to know nothing about, Adam feels less accountable.”

no you see [marginalized group] identity was poorly understood in the [time period] so portraying them as caricatures was perfectly okay, and furthermore

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

:allbuttons:

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

holy poo poo...

people still use tumblr??

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

in more serious posting:

holy poo poo :barf:

Adbot