Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde
i'd rather be an Energy Feminist, which is when you're pro-choice in energy sources

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

For some reason I remembered MAN CRATES this weekend and went to see if they still exist because the "send people dumb poo poo in a box" craze seems to be dying, but sure enough:

https://www.mancrates.com/

Ship your man a box full of insecurities today!

My favorite bit:

As seen on the MANLIEST TV SHOW OF ALL: The View

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

This may actually be the world's shittiest gift of all time

FutonForensic
Nov 11, 2012

mmm love trying to sweep up chunks of concrete off the floor before my dumbass dog eats it

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

When you need a gift that says "Hey dad, I don't actually know you well enough to get you something you'd like so here's some generic novelty Man Objects" but you don't even know enough about your dad to know which of the generic man objects to get him

Plank Walker
Aug 11, 2005
finally a crate for us men!

Plank Walker
Aug 11, 2005
i was getting really jealous watching my wife crack open crate after crate full of perfumes and tampons

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747
everyone likes loot crates

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

Plank Walker posted:

i was getting really jealous watching my wife crack open crate after crate full of perfumes and tampons

seriously wondering why this ain't a thing

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos
introducing menstCRATEion

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

All aboard the corona bus!

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan

got any sevens posted:

everyone likes loot crates

"hey what do we do with this $30 worth of garbage we can't sell?"

"put it together in a box and sell it to idiots for $50"

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

Fetish boxes are the next big thing, get three used pairs of panties to "use" a week for the low, low price of $2000 a month

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

Shame Boy posted:

For some reason I remembered MAN CRATES this weekend and went to see if they still exist because the "send people dumb poo poo in a box" craze seems to be dying, but sure enough:

https://www.mancrates.com/

Ship your man a box full of insecurities today!

It's just all the background poo poo in one box.

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?

Mr. Lobe posted:

lol just lol if you think the mafia is anything but a business venture

no no the disrespectful part is comparing the mafia to any business that'd call employees 'associates' or the like, because as i understand it the mafia tends to take care of their own mostly

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Kitfox88 posted:

no no the disrespectful part is comparing the mafia to any business that'd call employees 'associates' or the like, because as i understand it the mafia tends to take care of their own mostly

On the one hand they think of each other as family in more than just a patronizing corporate paternalism way. On the other hand, instead of being fired you and your entire family get murdered and dissolved in acid, so its impossible to say which is better

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

Shame Boy posted:

As seen on the MANLIEST TV SHOW OF ALL: The View

No that's smart because people don't buy that poo poo for themselves, they buy it as gifts.

Not a Children
Oct 9, 2012

Don't need a holster if you never stop shooting.

My brother got me a hot sauce subscription box and I really enjoyed it :shobon:

Ham Equity
Apr 16, 2013

The first thing we do, let's kill all the cars.
Grimey Drawer

Not a Children posted:

At least food subscriptions can get eaten, and aren't garbage you have to keep on a shelf for all eternity.

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice

Shame Boy posted:

On the one hand they think of each other as family in more than just a patronizing corporate paternalism way. On the other hand, instead of being fired you and your entire family get murdered and dissolved in acid, so its impossible to say which is better

Mafia doesn't have right-to-work so really they're a better place to work.

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Shima Honnou posted:

Mafia doesn't have right-to-work so really they're a better place to work.

when closed shops are illegal, only criminals have closed shops

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

spankmeister posted:

No that's smart because people don't buy that poo poo for themselves, they buy it as gifts.

Yeah I know, it's just funny they put it right there front and center :v:

Doggles
Apr 22, 2007

https://twitter.com/carolecadwalla/status/1149960645049290752

Sanguinary Novel
Jan 27, 2009

Raqqa Flocka Flame posted:

Former panhandler here, just wanted to chime in. I’ve had a lot of crappy jobs in my life and begging is still by far the most soul crushing. Mostly everyone looks through you like you’re a pan of glass, and a number of the ones who acknowledge you exist spew vitriol at you. You stop feeling like a person after a while. And if you’re doing it in a downtown area you'll make about a little less than minimum wage (you can make a lot more if you take a bus out to a shopping center in a wealthy suburb, but the clock is ticking until the cops show up).

If you can’t afford to give someone a buck, try to at the very least make eye contact with them and a small “Sorry, can’t today.” It will remind folk they’re still connected to humanity.

I'm glad I can do that much, because I always feel monstrously terrible for not having cash on hand, and even then I don't have a ton. You can blame the lack of a social safety net for creating this situation, but a few dollars might make the difference between eating that night or having money for a cheap place to stay.

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010
https://twitter.com/Breaking911/status/1150878230490075138

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Lol gently caress chic fil a

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

My fiancees mom has been tied up in legal issues with her old employer. She got injured on the job when she got rear-ended traveling from point a to b. The city paid out diddly poo poo she her lawyer said take it to workers comp.

Turns out the guy didn't have workers comp insurance (which I've got a fun story about that once this ends) so they're tied up figuring out how much he has to pay and all that fun poo poo. Well her lawyer brought up some pay discrepancies and he just cut her a check for almost $3k because wage theft is real.

I used to work there were I made the gourmet popcorn. The caramelizer was too tall to stir popcorn in without a step ladder only because he was king poo poo of the world he didn't really believe in safety protocols so my ladder was a milk crate.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://twitter.com/thenib/status/1150822506732720128?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

gently caress bezos

Ham Equity
Apr 16, 2013

The first thing we do, let's kill all the cars.
Grimey Drawer
Do you ever worry that tech millionaires working at their first job where they get to call in rich are paying too much in taxes? Don't worry, there's a fix for that! And the Seattle Times (owned by the Blethen family, who are uber-wealthy anti-inheritance-tax fuckheads) is presenting it like it's so good.

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Thanatosian posted:

Do you ever worry that tech millionaires working at their first job where they get to call in rich are paying too much in taxes? Don't worry, there's a fix for that! And the Seattle Times (owned by the Blethen family, who are uber-wealthy anti-inheritance-tax fuckheads) is presenting it like it's so good.

I wonder how many more days must pass before the masses start separating these assholes from their vital fluids.

For the sake of humanity I hope that this day comes soon

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

Ruffian Price posted:

It's just all the background poo poo in one box.

:females:

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Not sure if you actually looked it, but that image is talking trash on men too. It's just a different dig.

ScrubLeague
Feb 11, 2007

Nap Ghost

Not a Children posted:

yeah we did fuego box for a few months but it kinda got repetitive - one sweet, one regular, and one stunt sauce - usually one of them was good and the other two were fine to bad, but at $30 a month it was extremely not worth it

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

ScrubLeague posted:

yeah we did fuego box for a few months but it kinda got repetitive - one sweet, one regular, and one stunt sauce - usually one of them was good and the other two were fine to bad, but at $30 a month it was extremely not worth it

I love and make hotsauce.
But this is what stops me. I always break down the price to $10-25 a bottle and nope out

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
what is it with gringos and capsaicin + artificial flavoring. eat a loving habanero or jalapeno for once

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

Larry Parrish posted:

what is it with gringos and capsaicin + artificial flavoring. eat a loving habanero or jalapeno for once

Food with herbs and spices and vinegar tastes good :psylon:

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?
the only hot sauce I like is ketchup

Arcteryx Anarchist
Sep 15, 2007

Fun Shoe

Larry Parrish posted:

they don’t use it for flavor they use it as a substitute for personality

Lambert
Apr 15, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Fallen Rib

Kitfox88 posted:

the only hot sauce I like is ketchup

The only correct opinion.

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice
Mix jalapeno and ketchup.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!
Those concrete gift cards could get some ancillary income by making them shaped like testicles and marketed toward Bachelorette parties.