Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

Keldroc posted:

I really need more blast effects for the Siege figures. Like just a big bag of them. My favorite new gimmick in a long, long time.

Last time Hasbro had that sort of gimmick I remember was the toyline for Attack of the Clones back in the day. I wonder if there's a particular reason they trailed off with that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EthanSteele
Nov 18, 2007

I can hear you
Hopefully they'll eventually make it available everywhere else.

Captain Magic
Apr 4, 2005

Yes, we have feathers--but the muscles of men.
Jfc I thought $575 was how much was funded so far, not the price tag

Do they charge now or wait until it’s in stock?

Edit: okay, it’s charged on 8/31 if funded

Captain Magic fucked around with this message at 16:58 on Jul 15, 2019

TheDK
Jun 5, 2009
Very extremely cool and too expensive. Hopefully it gets funded so I can see it in person one day at a con or something.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
https://twitter.com/SixoTF/status/1150768653295607808?s=19

DisposableHero
Feb 25, 2005
bah weep granna weep ninny bong
drat. I could certainly afford a bit showpiece figure like that but there's no way I have a space that could accommodate it that wouldn't displace a ton of other stuff.

As much as these city formers, titans, combiners etc are sorta wish fulfillment I'm starting to hate them just for how big they are.

Captain Magic
Apr 4, 2005

DisposableHero posted:

drat. I could certainly afford a bit showpiece figure like that but there's no way I have a space that could accommodate it that wouldn't displace a ton of other stuff.

As much as these city formers, titans, combiners etc are sorta wish fulfillment I'm starting to hate them just for how big they are.

If you buy it and dislike it for whatever reason, you’ll certainly make more than your money back on the secondary market.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
No 3P is gonna come close to this or the price point unless Wei Jiang has something in the works. Does Pulse take Paypal or do I need to reactivate my Paypal MC?

Captain Magic
Apr 4, 2005

Rhyno posted:

No 3P is gonna come close to this or the price point unless Wei Jiang has something in the works. Does Pulse take Paypal or do I need to reactivate my Paypal MC?

I thought I saw a PayPal option and when I got to checkout it wasn’t there. Idk

Edit: oh weird. So the shop went ahead and charged my card for the full amount but also gave me a credit for the same amount. gently caress you a little, pulse shop?

Captain Magic fucked around with this message at 19:00 on Jul 15, 2019

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Captain Magic posted:

I thought I saw a PayPal option and when I got to checkout it wasn’t there. Idk

Edit: oh weird. So the shop went ahead and charged my card for the full amount but also gave me a credit for the same amount. gently caress you a little, pulse shop?

Their preorder holds are weird.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Holy poo poo this is awesome, it's a shame Unicron's colors are total poo poo though. This would be great in the Energon colors. I wonder if the planet mode is completely round or it was like the old Unicron where the back was just open and kibble ridden. For $600 it better be a complete sphere.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

s.i.r.e. posted:

Holy poo poo this is awesome, it's a shame Unicron's colors are total poo poo though. This would be great in the Energon colors. I wonder if the planet mode is completely round or it was like the old Unicron where the back was just open and kibble ridden. For $600 it better be a complete sphere.

They spin it in the video, it's a total sphere.

Edit: Now I can just toss my two junkers in the garage sale pile.

TheDK
Jun 5, 2009
I wonder what shipping will be

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Rhyno posted:

Owns, I really want it now. What an incredible toy, but god drat you almost have to dedicate a whole room to displaying it.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

TheDK posted:

I wonder what shipping will be

At the end of the video it says shipping to the US is included.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Rhyno posted:

how much of a planet back pack does the robot version have?

Either way, that's a hell of a Unicron.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
I recall asking about this earlier and people mentioning that it'd probably never happen or if it did, it'd happen kind of like this.

I will never own this, but I will always cherish that it exists

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Welp, Paypal Mastercard isn't offering 6 months no interest right now so I guess I'll just wait til the end of the month and back it when I can work some overtime.

Comfortador
Jul 31, 2003

Just give me all the 3ggs_n_b4con you have.

Wait...wait.

I worry what you just heard was...
"Give me a lot of b4con_n_3ggs."

What I said was...
"Give me all the 3ggs_n_b4con you have"

...Do you understand?
In case anyone gives a poo poo, I dug in to most of the transformers I was possibly interested in selling. There are some more, but I won't know until I find them going through my totes/boxes. The question is am I going to get enough money to be worth it to me to sell vs lazy and nostalgia.

Pretty much in all cases the boxes whether the toy was opened or not have been beat up. Basically from moving multiple times.

Alternators: (All Opened)
Tracks
Dead End
Hound
Smokescreen
"Silver"streak
Sideswipe

Generations (All Unopened)
Sandstorm
Blitzwing
Springer

Classic Deluxe (All Unopened)
Astrotrain
Rodimus
Ramjet

Target Exclusive (Opened)
Ultra Magnus vs Skywarp "Battle for Autobot City"

G1 Reissue (Toys R Us; All Unopened)
Starscream
Thundercracker
Skywarp
Dirge
Tracks
Jazz
Rodimus Prime

Transformers Armada Unicron (Opened)

I know there's another box somewhere because I remember buying Classics Bumblebee and a few others. I'll find it eventually I guess.

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

Marketing materials and speculation are not spoilers. Jesus Christ.
Look at all the nubbins. He should come with 30 blast effects.

DisposableHero
Feb 25, 2005
bah weep granna weep ninny bong

Keldroc posted:

Look at all the nubbins. He should come with 30 blast effects.

Sure but also

He should come with 30 little figures and a section of cybertron so I can re-enact the movie.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

For that kind of price he should really have a weapon of some kind. As is he’s several times more expensive than Armada Unicron but has significantly less play value other than being huge and the chompy planet jaws.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Yeah, I won't buy this until he comes with a Minicon!

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Nodosaur posted:

For that kind of price he should really have a weapon of some kind. As is he’s several times more expensive than Armada Unicron but has significantly less play value other than being huge and the chompy planet jaws.

Unicron IS the weapon.

I think I figured out where he's going.

Tighclops
Jan 23, 2008

Unable to deal with it

Grimey Drawer

Nodosaur posted:

Those chompy planet teeth are a better gimmick then literally anything in Armada, including the original toy's chompy teeth. If anything I would say siege Unicron needs an Orson Welles sound chip but that's probably completely unaffordable.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
500 backers in a few hours. It's gonna hit 2000 by Saturday and then take a month to hit 3000

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

I mean I have to put him into planet mode if I want him to do anything to my other toys other than punch or throttle them.

I just want a cannon or something. Another feature to make him worth the money. That’s not unreasonable for when it’s the WFC line or this kind of price. Armada Unicron has action features while being a huge playset that interacted with other toys in the line. This guy mostly seems to be a display piece.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Well it's far more engineered than the standard WFC figure, I'm surprised they even folded it into the line.

I'm going to put a shelf up directly above my TV to display him, he deserves the central focus.

Captain Magic
Apr 4, 2005

But he’ll eat your tv!!!

I got DX9 Carry and XTB Klaatu recently. Goddamn these are some super nice toys. Both really blew me away in terms of how well-built they are and in how good they feel in hand. I thought Carry would be dinkier because of the alt-mode, but he’s a hefty boy.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I dont like how YUGE Carry's wing is but otherwise he is very cool. Still waiting on the perfect MP Rodimus.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

He doesn’t even to have weapon or effect part mounting points.

I dunno. He’s not a bad toy by any stretch of the imagination I just personally would prefer he did more for how expensive he is. I don’t think that’s unreasonable on a personal level.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Endless Mike posted:

Yeah, I won't buy this until he comes with a Minicon!
leader class dead end

Rhyno posted:

Well it's far more engineered than the standard WFC figure, I'm surprised they even folded it into the line.

I'm going to put a shelf up directly above my TV to display him, he deserves the central focus.
just have him holding the tv up like atlas

Good Listener
Sep 2, 2006

Ask me about moons
Fact #1 The Moon is really cool
That thing is super cool but way out of my price range haha. That's a whole trip to TFCon or the last 3 Titan Classes haha

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

Rhyno posted:

500 backers in a few hours. It's gonna hit 2000 by Saturday and then take a month to hit 3000

Yeah mathematically it doesn't look good for our boy.

I'm still in, though.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

For these Hasbro crowd funded things like the Sail Barge, are they sold at retail after the campaign or are they made strictly for the campaign and never seen again?

Tighclops
Jan 23, 2008

Unable to deal with it

Grimey Drawer

Nodosaur posted:

I mean I have to put him into planet mode if I want him to do anything to my other toys other than punch or throttle them.

I just want a cannon or something. Another feature to make him worth the money. That’s not unreasonable for when it’s the WFC line or this kind of price. Armada Unicron has action features while being a huge playset that interacted with other toys in the line. This guy mostly seems to be a display piece.

He's a giant movie accurate fully posable Unicron, I'm pretty sure that's the main action feature?

I mean I get where you're coming from (was it confirmed if Siege Unicron's eyes light up? I always liked that about the Armada figure and mine still glow brightly even with the original batteries somehow) I just think it's really funny that somebody feels like Unicron needs a gun

What does a dark god need with a stabbing implement starship?

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
Consider that hugeness is its own weapon

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

I dunno. Everyone insists combiners need fingers and normal hands when it makes more sense to integrate them into weapons like Energon did. I mean, none of those guys are gonna sit down and try to type 100 words a minute or make a renaissance painting. I'm justified along similar reasons.

Something like his Armada self's chest cannon is fitting to what Unicron is. Blow the planet to chunky bits so you can consume it more easily and quell resistance.

The problem with being so purely movie based is mostly that movie Unicron is kind of a huge chump, for justifying making into a fun toy. Guy really only ever slams his hand into Cybertron and then fails to smelt down anyone important.

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

s.i.r.e. posted:

For these Hasbro crowd funded things like the Sail Barge, are they sold at retail after the campaign or are they made strictly for the campaign and never seen again?

The run for the sail barge (the only HasLab product completed and shipped so far) was for the backers and some extra for samples, review copies, defect replacements, etc. It was not sold at retail directly, only second hand through dealers, who charged about $1000 for it, double the backer cost.

Nodosaur posted:

I dunno. Everyone insists combiners need fingers and normal hands when it makes more sense to integrate them into weapons like Energon did. I mean, none of those guys are gonna sit down and try to type 100 words a minute or make a renaissance painting. I'm justified along similar reasons.

Something like his Armada self's chest cannon is fitting to what Unicron is. Blow the planet to chunky bits so you can consume it more easily and quell resistance.

The problem with being movie based is mostly that movie Unicron is kind of a huge chump. Guy really only ever slams his hand into Cybertron and then fails to smelt down anyone important.

This is absolute nonsense, if only because a weapon would do nothing but add to the cost, and it makes no sense to put Armada gimmicks in a $500 figure meant to be a pseudo-MP of an '86 movie character. It's a display piece, and everyone knows that. It's the ultimate Unicron figure. Why slap unnecessary crap on it? People insist combiners have fingers because in the cartoon the combiners had fingers. It has nothing to do with "making more sense." Plus the Energon combiners were the worst things ever, so...

Keldroc fucked around with this message at 23:26 on Jul 15, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

I just realised he has Siege blast effect ports on his face.