Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which House?
Black Eagles
Blue Lions
Golden Deer
View Results

Hairy Right Hook
Sep 9, 2001

Hee to the ho

Dislikes: Leaving things to chance

I'm so sorry you ended up in a Fire Emblem

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Miftan
Mar 31, 2012

Terry knows what he can do with his bloody chocolate orange...

Not gonna lie, Claude might have just won me over.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

I'm still going to wait to see all of who is in each house, but as a lesbian drat if I'm not all in on team Black Eagle right away. Also I don't know whether to preorder or wait for a lull in FFXIV, since ShB good.

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

in game text size seems kinda small tbh

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

I lost to you once, monster. I shall not lose again! Die now, that our future can live!
Feeling really good about my Golden Deer pick now

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

I feel pretty confident in thinking Claude is the best.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Nobody is better than eyepatch Dimitri

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

I should have specified that Claude is the clear victor for school phase.

The timeskip is still a mystery but while Claude seems like he will remain as charming and shrewd he is not an evil emperor or an eyepatched man with a scar over his heart shouting about murder and violence.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Depends entirely if they stay that way if you join the schools. The E3 trailer sounded like the Claude route.

theshim
May 1, 2012

You think you can defeat ME, Ephraimcopter?!?

You couldn't even beat Assassincopter!!!
Of the leaders I like Edelgard the least, but of the houses I like the Black Eagles the most, so I'm probably still sticking with my initial plan of Eagles -> Lions -> Deer.

I'm gonna play an awful lot of this game if it's any good at all.

Miftan
Mar 31, 2012

Terry knows what he can do with his bloody chocolate orange...

theshim posted:

Of the leaders I like Edelgard the least, but of the houses I like the Black Eagles the most, so I'm probably still sticking with my initial plan of Eagles -> Lions -> Deer.

I'm gonna play an awful lot of this game if it's any good at all.

It's gonna have to be quite a stinker for me not to play it a lot tbh

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Maybe Dimitri won't be screaming about murder and violence but their designs give off such strong impressions I absolutely can not believe that say if you choose Edelgard's route she will suddenly be lecturing about the values of friendship and teamwork.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

SyntheticPolygon posted:

Maybe Dimitri won't be screaming about murder and violence but their designs give off such strong impressions I absolutely can not believe that say if you choose Edelgard's route she will suddenly be lecturing about the values of friendship and teamwork.

Ever played tactics ogre let us cling together

Chaos Vyce and Law Vyce might as well not be the same person

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Tae posted:

Depends entirely if they stay that way if you join the schools. The E3 trailer sounded like the Claude route.

If they bamboozled me into my first playthrough being with two-eyed Dimitri I will be very cross

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

We've seen gameplay footage of post-timeskip Dimitri, playable, with the eyepatch.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

I dig the post-time skip Evil Empress Edelgard design too much to not go Black Eagles

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Tae posted:

Ever played tactics ogre let us cling together

Chaos Vyce and Law Vyce might as well not be the same person

I have not.

But I find it hard to believe they’d release a trailer that obfuscates the personalities of several main characters especially when one of those characters is Edelgard, the most strongly promoted of the Lords. So much so that the game’s theme is named after her.

E: Not that I think the characters will act exactly the same in every route but I don’t think they’re going to be a completely different person in their own route.

SyntheticPolygon fucked around with this message at 23:37 on Jul 15, 2019

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

Wait -- I haven't even voted in this game yet!

SyntheticPolygon posted:

I have not.

But I find it hard to believe they’d release a trailer that obfuscates the personalities of several main characters especially when one of those characters is Edelgard, the most strongly promoted of the Lords. So much so that the game’s theme is named after her.

E: Not that I think the characters will act exactly the same in every route but I don’t think they’re going to be a completely different person in their own route.

TO:LUCT is an extreme example and an outlier. For the record though, at the end of the first chapter, the player has to make a choice between following orders for the greater good (supposedly) or refusing to commit an atrocity. Regardless of which route you take, your childhood friend Vyce flips out and becomes hostile, but for completely opposite reasons -- he condemns the atrocity if you go Law and condemns you for not following orders if you go Chaos. His personality in the subsequent chapters is drastically different based on the route.

Arrrthritis
May 31, 2007

I don't care if you're a star, the moon, or the whole damn sky, you need to come back down to earth and remember where you came from
Latest trailer makes me excited for house Golden Deer and I am eagerly awaiting Claude's inevitable heel turn.

Kris xK
Apr 23, 2010

Zurai posted:

TO:LUCT is an extreme example and an outlier. For the record though, at the end of the first chapter, the player has to make a choice between following orders for the greater good (supposedly) or refusing to commit an atrocity. Regardless of which route you take, your childhood friend Vyce flips out and becomes hostile, but for completely opposite reasons -- he condemns the atrocity if you go Law and condemns you for not following orders if you go Chaos. His personality in the subsequent chapters is drastically different based on the route.

I started playing through TO: LUCT for the first time while waiting for FE, and holy gently caress Vyce is a little poo poo. All I've done is finish the tutorial and I already hope I get to be the one who kills him.

Panic! at Nabisco
Jun 6, 2007

it seemed like a good idea at the time

Kris xK posted:

I started playing through TO: LUCT for the first time while waiting for FE, and holy gently caress Vyce is a little poo poo. All I've done is finish the tutorial and I already hope I get to be the one who kills him.
Law route Vyce is a pretty okay guy and it's definitely you who hosed up in that regard. Chaos route Vyse is a horrible piece of poo poo.

Zane
Nov 14, 2007
has anyone previously brought up this japanese trailer https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mY6JYNNXlBc? at the end of the trailer the mc is fighting with edelgard on what seems to be the black eagles path.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

I haven't owned a Nintendo console since the N64 and I've never played a Fire Emblem before, but since I have a Switch I thought I'd look into this. I tried reading the thread but it honestly seemed like everyone was speaking in tongues.

However I watched a bunch of videos about it and now I am jazzed to the point I'm probably going to pre-order it. I will probably go with the Black Eagles because I keep reading Edelgard as Edgelord and seems appropriate for a school story

Hairy Right Hook
Sep 9, 2001

Hee to the ho

cheetah7071 posted:

Nobody is better than eyepatch Dimitri

Looking forward to killing every last one of them.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Zoran posted:

Feeling really good about my Golden Deer pick now

Same. Golden Deer seems like the most charming house, and I don't know how I'm gonna say no to that.

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

Zane posted:

has anyone previously brought up this japanese trailer https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mY6JYNNXlBc? at the end of the trailer the mc is fighting with edelgard on what seems to be the black eagles path.

Claude: Instead of taking pity on them & endangering my comrades , I'll take them out....without hesitation

golden bubble
Jun 3, 2011

yospos

SyntheticPolygon posted:

The timeskip is still a mystery but while Claude seems like he will remain as charming and shrewd he is not an evil emperor or an eyepatched man with a scar over his heart shouting about murder and violence.

If Claude does have an evil route, it has to be based upon the constant King Lear references in the Golden Deer names. In that case, I think the resentment between Gloucester (Lorenz) towards Regan (Claude) for the recent changes in the royal family would be the trigger. Of course, Duke Edmund (Marianne's dad) would be the true mastermind there.

Hairy Right Hook
Sep 9, 2001

Hee to the ho
So it seems like post-timeskip Edelgard wants to destroy all the crests which I suspect involves killing a bunch of people eugenics style. Dimitri seems to want to kill all the nobles. So I guess they are destined to be mortal enemies?

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Could at least flip one or two, maybe.
claude sounds like a dweeb

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
Can I gently caress a dragon and/or my sister???

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Strangely there does not seem to be any dragons this game.

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

I lost to you once, monster. I shall not lose again! Die now, that our future can live!

The Duchess Smackarse posted:

Sothis might be a dragon, so there's still hope!

Lord Koth
Jan 8, 2012

I mean, there's a fair chance Sothis is a manakete, and you probably get her as a unit at some point (at the very least, there's a paralogue that shows her as a requirement). And we know you can get bond points with her. As for the first part of the statement... uh...

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Byleth seems to be an only child.

Jerry Manderbilt
May 31, 2012

No matter how much paperwork I process, it never goes away. It only increases.
3h is a 0 fucc zone

Shiny777
Oct 29, 2011

YAMI WO KIRISAKU
OH DESIRE

The Duchess Smackarse posted:

Your sister, no, because it doesn't look like you have any. A dragon, almost certainly unless they pull the most shocking twist possible by having the little green-haired girl with elf ears not be a Manakete.

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

https://youtu.be/aEbu8lyy-zc

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
sothis is an imaginary sassy dragon gremlin who lives in your head

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

Oh wow this is a really nice remix of the FE theme. I hope the rest of the soundtrack is this good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

For the record, Sothis and wyverns aside, there is definitely a full-blown giant white dragon in this game. It has appeared in trailers as both artwork and as a living, moving, fire-breathing thing, though we don’t know whether that’s in the present or in the ancient past.