Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

screaden
Apr 8, 2009
Yeah, he pretends he's Marty being really disappointed at how he and Frasier turned out and Marty gets really upset that that's how they see him and he says he was always so proud of them and walks out.

The jokes are pretty funny up until that point though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Christoph
Mar 3, 2005
His impersonation is dead on. Marty is a beer-swilling anti-intellectual pig.

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

i wish he had slipped some cop poo poo in instead of just projecting all that insecurity

xtal
Jan 9, 2011

by Fluffdaddy

The Saucer Hovers posted:

i wish he had slipped some cop poo poo in instead of just projecting all that insecurity

That was cop poo poo

Quote-Unquote
Oct 22, 2002

Marty is properly heartbroken by the thought that his kids think he is disappointed in them :(

I love Niles' impression though, especially when he throws back his head and does the Marty 'HAH'.

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016
That really is a great episode. I like everyone's rationale for why they chose their respective "hero" but especially Roz

xtal posted:

That was cop poo poo

lol

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.
Just saw an ad for the upcoming new season of some terrible show on Hulu called Light as a Feather:

quote:

Four best friends invite the shy new girl out on Halloween, but they quickly regret their decision when she suggests they play a game of Light as a Feather, Stiff as a Board. The seemingly innocent game goes awry when the five girls who played start dying off in the exact way that was predicted.

Executive producers: R. Lee Fleming Jr., Kelsey Grammer, Shelley Zimmerman

And then a whole bunch of other executive producers. Gram-grams staying involved with things!

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
This was a case of someone's neice/nephew/relative going "Call up Uncle Kelsey, he can get you a meeting for your pitch!"

Cosmik Slop
Oct 9, 2007

What's a hole doing in my TARDIS?

Teriyaki Hairpiece posted:

Just saw an ad for the upcoming new season of some terrible show on Hulu called Light as a Feather:

And then a whole bunch of other executive producers. Gram-grams staying involved with things!

They're doing an entire SHOW out of that? "From the minds that brought you Heads Up Seven Up comes a new dimension in terror".

SEX BURRITO
Jun 30, 2007

Not much fun

Teriyaki Hairpiece posted:

He doesn’t seem that discerning about what roles he chooses. He was in some Netflix movie a while ago that looked like poo poo.

I feel like the only serious thing I’ve seen ole Grams in lately was Boss. And that was a mixed bag really.

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

Kelsey Grammar also produced and was instrumental in getting Girlfriends on the air at UPN.

Girlfriends was a good sitcom (probably the best on UPN along with Brandy and maybe One on One) that gets overlooked. I'm hoping they do a mini reunion on Blackish like Raising Hope did with My Name Is Earl.

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe

SEX BURRITO posted:

He doesn’t seem that discerning about what roles he chooses. He was in some Netflix movie a while ago that looked like poo poo.

It wasn't perfect but it had its charms.

Uriah Heep
Apr 28, 2010

im having a bit of an existential crisis here guys
Kelsey Grammar came into the cafe I work at today. I was absolutely freaking out on the inside. He ordered an oatmilk latte. None of my co workers knew who he was, the only person I shared the excitement with was the one other customer that came in as he left.

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

Communist Toast posted:

Kelsey Grammar came into the cafe I work at today. I was absolutely freaking out on the inside. He ordered an oatmilk latte. None of my co workers knew who he was, the only person I shared the excitement with was the one other customer that came in as he left.

You work at Cafe Nervosa??

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Communist Toast posted:

How was his timbre, is his natural voice basically Frasier?

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
Apparently his natural register is raspier and croakier than Frasier's rich, throaty tone

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!

Calaveron posted:

Apparently his natural register is raspier and croakier than Frasier's rich, throaty tone

I mean it's also been like 15 years so...

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.
I hear oatmilk is the hottest new trend so dude is staying on point.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

Calaveron posted:

My voice is way more rich and mellow after a shitload of red wine and benzos also.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
Oatmilk is delicious and it's the closest thing to cowjuice I've had.

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

FilthyImp posted:

Oatmilk is delicious and it's the closest thing to cowjuice I've had.

I used to eat oatmeal uncooked. Does it taste oaty like that?

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
It does have a bit of the nutty undertone. It's like drinking the liquid from a bowl of oatmeal, and the heavyness is close enough to the creme flavor of milk to make is a good replacement.

JK Fresco
Jul 5, 2019

Beachcomber posted:

I used to eat oatmeal uncooked. Does it taste oaty like that?

yes

Uriah Heep
Apr 28, 2010

im having a bit of an existential crisis here guys

Calaveron posted:

Yeah, he's definitely much older than I'm accustomed to seeing him, I actually didn't immediately recognize him. But when he smiled I was like oh poo poo yeah hat's definitely him.

barbecue at the folks
Jul 20, 2007

I've switched 100% to oatmilk since it became a thing, Fraz knows what's up

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

god drat it am i going to order oatmilk because of the frasier thread
frasier is going to influence my coffee habits in 2019

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
Just make sure to get the superior Oatly brand.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

Mercy

Bloodplay it again
Aug 25, 2003

Oh, Dee, you card. :-*

It's somewhat ironic because Frasier flips the gently caress out at nervosa when they were serving goofy, international coffees and oatmilk is the strangest food I've heard of since soy milk.

But yeah if it's good enough for Gram Gram's distinguished tastes then I'm obviously missing something

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe
scrambled eggs all over my face

what is a boy

to

do

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

LE CIGARE VOLANT

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
Frasier Gear Solid, with Marty as the Colonel

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Niles? NIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIILES!

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

Bust Rodd posted:

Niles? NIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIILES!

its incredible how clearly i heard this in my head his voice is really something

hard counter
Jan 2, 2015

daphne as paramedic except instead of film references it's just more family anecdotes :geno:

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
I think I've mentioned you could probably make a mashup of Snake accidentally calling the Frasier Crane show.

JK Fresco
Jul 5, 2019

The episode where Frasier appears in a nut commercial, only it's oatmilk

420 Gank Mid
Dec 26, 2008

WARNING: This poster is a huge bitch!

JK Fresco posted:

The episode where Eddie appears in a Seattle commercial, only it's oatseattle

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

Seoattle

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bloodplay it again
Aug 25, 2003

Oh, Dee, you card. :-*
Niles and Frasier have a standing agreement to split rare milks, but when Niles comes across a case of Chateau Oat Brion '61 and refuses to share, the brothers feud.

Crane (2020) Season 1, Episode 7