Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cocoa Crispies
Jul 20, 2001

Vehicular Manslaughter!

Pillbug
almost out of coffee, gotta shop for more

thinkin' 'bout https://www.sweetmarias.com/ethiopia-agaro-biftu-gudina-coop-6119.html maybe

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

psiox
Oct 15, 2001

Babylon 5 Street Team

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

drinkkkkkkkkkkking coffffffeeeeee

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

I’m working out in the field for the next to weeks so I don’t have immediate access to office coffe throughout the day and I want to die

Luisfe
Aug 17, 2005

Hee-lo-ho!
having some delicious black sludge

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

I’m working out in the field for the next to weeks so I don’t have immediate access to office coffe throughout the day and I want to die

quick grab a jar and fresh water, make a bunch of slow cold brew style coffee each evening for the next day

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

drank the hot black stuff this morning

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
just made my second iced espresso

i defrosted teh work fridge for the first time in at least five years last friday and its so much easier to make ice now

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts
the power went out during my second spoon of cereal. going to work without coffee was very, very strange.

just got some caribou light roast. it's super good, i'd go as far to call it delicious

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

had 2 mugs at the coffee shop today

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

graph posted:

the power went out during my second spoon of cereal. going to work without coffee was very, very strange.

just got some caribou light roast. it's super good, i'd go as far to call it delicious

how many spoons do you normally eat cereal with? :D

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

coffee y/y

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
https://twitter.com/libbycwatson/status/1150575396846546944

cZk
Oct 6, 2014

i am a flight risk
and i am in flight
welp i have horrible news

the keurig at work died so i cant enjoy microplastics in my coffee anymore, and now there aren't enough kcups in the trash can to cover up the nasty tuna cans that some soulless bastard tosses without rinsing first, making the entire break room smell like a 2 day old corpse spreading its legs

and instead of ordering another one they ordered a Real Coffee Pot (tm) but this one requires great effort to use (filters, manually scooping coffee, waiting longer than 30 seconds for coffee) so the moments between me stumbling out of bed and finally waking up have been extended into a special new kind of purgatory

i care about the environment (i think?) but i do miss littering kcups. pretty satisfying to hear that little "DUNK" as the moist, warm kcup collides with the trash in the can after brewing a piping hot cup of carcinogen infused plastic flavored burnt rear end rubber

Cocoa Crispies
Jul 20, 2001

Vehicular Manslaughter!

Pillbug
what the gently caress

Cocoa Crispies
Jul 20, 2001

Vehicular Manslaughter!

Pillbug
I have a whole bunch of used grounds in my freezer that I need to mix with potting soil or something,
grow some green onions with ‘em

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

Cocoa Crispies posted:

what the gently caress

haveing coffee

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

Irish coffee instead of dinner ftw

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

cZk posted:

welp i have horrible news

the keurig at work died so i cant enjoy microplastics in my coffee anymore, and now there aren't enough kcups in the trash can to cover up the nasty tuna cans that some soulless bastard tosses without rinsing first, making the entire break room smell like a 2 day old corpse spreading its legs

and instead of ordering another one they ordered a Real Coffee Pot (tm) but this one requires great effort to use (filters, manually scooping coffee, waiting longer than 30 seconds for coffee) so the moments between me stumbling out of bed and finally waking up have been extended into a special new kind of purgatory

i care about the environment (i think?) but i do miss littering kcups. pretty satisfying to hear that little "DUNK" as the moist, warm kcup collides with the trash in the can after brewing a piping hot cup of carcinogen infused plastic flavored burnt rear end rubber

ok

ArmZ posted:

Irish coffee instead of dinner ftw

instead of? idk boss, this is caffeine addiction thread. alcohol thread is over there ->

cZk
Oct 6, 2014

i am a flight risk
and i am in flight

NoneMoreNegative posted:

haveing coffee

they will pay for what they did

just poured another cup

Cocoa Crispies
Jul 20, 2001

Vehicular Manslaughter!

Pillbug

cZk posted:

get an aero press, it has a really satisfying "thock" when you eject the grounds, and if you use a metal filter the grounds are the only waste

cZk
Oct 6, 2014

i am a flight risk
and i am in flight

Cocoa Crispies posted:

get an aero press, it has a really satisfying "thock" when you eject the grounds, and if you use a metal filter the grounds are the only waste

right on, youre not the first person to suggest that to me

im rocking a french press at home right now and it makes a great tasting cup but id like to dabble and see what else is out there

Cocoa Crispies
Jul 20, 2001

Vehicular Manslaughter!

Pillbug
aeropress is $30 at bloodbath & beyond

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
this conference only provides coffee during the one morning coffee break, otherwise you have to purchase nespresso capsules wtf

cZk
Oct 6, 2014

i am a flight risk
and i am in flight

bump_fn posted:

this conference only provides coffee during the one morning coffee break, otherwise you have to purchase nespresso capsules wtf

total savages.

EDIT: just poured up

Cocoa Crispies
Jul 20, 2001

Vehicular Manslaughter!

Pillbug
took a cup of aeropress'd into a meeting

and I get more green today so I'm gonna roast this week

Luisfe
Aug 17, 2005

Hee-lo-ho!
drinking a coffee, petting a cat, working from home due to infectious sore throat though returning to office tomorrow

not bad coffee either, today

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮
coffee's fine, but have you tried extracting caffeine directly from green coffee beans?

Cocoa Crispies
Jul 20, 2001

Vehicular Manslaughter!

Pillbug

Silver Alicorn posted:

coffee's fine, but have you tried extracting caffeine directly from green coffee beans?

yeah I use a process that involves baking them to improve porosity and remove chaff, then grinding them and washing the caffeine out with hot water

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

I like coffee

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

brewing beans

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮

Cocoa Crispies posted:

yeah I use a process that involves baking them to improve porosity and remove chaff, then grinding them and washing the caffeine out with hot water

cool

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

coffee break :coal:

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Having some Americanos

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

update: got a free latte since they botched someone else's order

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
been visiting friends that don't drink coffee so it's been a rough weekend, my friends. heading to the train and the blessed embrace of beans

cZk
Oct 6, 2014

i am a flight risk
and i am in flight
woke up slightly sweaty and having a coffee to get slightly sweatier but wouldn’t have it any other way

i’ll have one for podima too dw

cZk fucked around with this message at 16:19 on Jul 21, 2019

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
dunk's iced, black

I am free

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

cZk posted:

woke up slightly sweaty and having a coffee to get slightly sweatier but wouldn’t have it any other way

i’ll have one for podima too dw

ty friend for your sacrifice

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cocoa Crispies
Jul 20, 2001

Vehicular Manslaughter!

Pillbug
I roasted some coffee this morning and read a book about the education strikes last year