Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

I remember Scarlet Witch/Dr Strange were OP as gently caress in Xmen Legends 2/MUA due to abilities that had a percentage chance to just turn enemies into a crate lol. I hope one of them has that as their ultimate attack.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chill Penguin
Jan 10, 2004

you know korky buchek?

DLC Inc posted:

I remember Scarlet Witch/Dr Strange were OP as gently caress in Xmen Legends 2/MUA due to abilities that had a percentage chance to just turn enemies into a crate lol. I hope one of them has that as their ultimate attack.

It was just their basic projectile attack, wasn’t it?

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I thought this was out tomorrow, but its friday. I was getting worried I had not seen a shipping notification from Amazon.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Chill Penguin posted:

It was just their basic projectile attack, wasn’t it?

yeah I think for one of them at least it was a regular ability that had a 15 to 20 percent chance to turn enemies into boxes, probably Scarlet Witch. XMen Legends 2 had some sickening poo poo you could cheese with, mostly Nightcrawler's teleport frenzy and Gambit's Energy Form which turned your team into kinetic monsters. Quite a few characters were useless while 3 or 4 of them were legit broken. Thankfully in an age of patches that won't be the case anymore.

ThermoPhysical
Dec 26, 2007

I saw the leaked game before it was removed and I gotta say, the game looks pretty fun but I'm worried that there won't be much to the game in terms of length. What the guy showed while playing was literally the exact same levels Nintendo showed during the Treehouse streaming. The only spoiler was the costume and a few cutscenes (that I skipped over anyway).

There didn't seem to be any framerate issues as far as I could tell. I guess it was 30FPS? I'm low vision so unless it's like 20FPS, I'm probably not going to notice it anyway.

The real issue for me was the length. The guy'd been playing for a while (even before the video started) and he was already 40/114 cutscenes. I'm not sure how Team Ninja did with their other games, but I'm worried this is going to be pretty short. Spider-Man PS4 was about 16 hours, so 15 would be nice but what if it's 12 or so and they just pad with a lot of Infinity Trials?

Speaking of those Trials, the guy showed one off with Spider-Man to get the suit. It looked kind of short and not very involved. But he said in the comments that the others were much harder and the suit is actually the very first one you get in the game so they probably didn't want to make it too hard.

I probably should stay off the subreddit since they're doing nothing but nitpicking and complaining and it's making me worry too, hah. :v:

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

These games have always been amazingly repetitive. You’re gonna play it a few times at most and put it down, let’s be real.

This’ll get you probably 20-50 hours and anything over that is just because you’re a completionist.

For what it offers, it will be a blast. But I think we all know realistically, we’ll move to the next fun game soon after.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
Most MUA games are not that long. Average to 10 to 12 hours. Irs mostly being a complentionist that it takes like 30 hours or more.

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

It's the kind of game that you'll play for a burst at a time, put it down for a while, and then come back and burst through again. At least that's how I play games like this and Hyrule warriors

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Does this havenonlien multiplayer?

Fried Sushi
Jul 5, 2004

SUN GOD AVATAR posted:

These games have always been amazingly repetitive. You’re gonna play it a few times at most and put it down, let’s be real.

This’ll get you probably 20-50 hours and anything over that is just because you’re a completionist.

For what it offers, it will be a blast. But I think we all know realistically, we’ll move to the next fun game soon after.

Wow already backpedaling and laying the groundwork for the next shill, couldn't even wait 5 more days!

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos

Empress Brosephine posted:

Does this havenonlien multiplayer?

Unless Nintendo does it usual gently caress ups, it does. Kinda why the allure to MUA games is the co op

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

Whoever tricked me into going to the sub Reddit, shame on you. Just topic after topic of people asking if their favorite character will be in the game.

Also yes the game does have online multiplayer

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Yeah that’s why I’m concerned though. I want this game to be good but it really looks like a ps2 game. Even if it’s not a 10/10 but like a 7/10 I’m sure there will be some enjoyment. Sigh. Guess I could replay the ps4 port of MUA. Miss Marvel Heroes

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Fried Sushi posted:

Wow already backpedaling and laying the groundwork for the next shill, couldn't even wait 5 more days!

I would never! I will have this game beaten on Friday and then it’s done. Victory!!!

The Lore Bear
Jan 21, 2014

I don't know what to put here. Guys? GUYS?!

SUN GOD AVATAR posted:

I would never! I will have this game beaten on Friday and then it’s done. Victory!!!

not even going to cosmic today on the game that hasn't been released yet. shameful.

^burtle
Jul 17, 2001

God of Boomin'

A 10 hour jaunt is about right considering you're gonna push through with multiple characters and multiple teams. No way I'd touch even half the roster if each run was 50 hours.

Kris xK
Apr 23, 2010
10-20 Hours is good enough to fill my downtime until Fire Emblem releases the week after, consuming my life.

Chill Penguin
Jan 10, 2004

you know korky buchek?

^burtle posted:

A 10 hour jaunt is about right considering you're gonna push through with multiple characters and multiple teams. No way I'd touch even half the roster if each run was 50 hours.

That, plus playing through on higher difficulties.

Have they said whether the DLC will include additional content beyond the characters? I.e. new levels, etc.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Chill Penguin posted:

That, plus playing through on higher difficulties.

Have they said whether the DLC will include additional content beyond the characters? I.e. new levels, etc.

The DLC will have things besides characters yes!

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Kris xK posted:

10-20 Hours is good enough to fill my downtime until Fire Emblem releases the week after, consuming my life.

seriously that'd be a good amount of time plus the infinity trials or new game plus on Hard or whatever. Plus I know Fire Emblem is gonna be like 60 fucken hours with all the side activities and tinkering and social poo poo with characters and let's be real it'll take me months to finish it. MUA3 being like a dozen hours sounds fine especially since I'm by no means a person who binges poo poo so it'll likely be more than that for myself. but really, expecting a dungeon crawler to be some 20 hour excursion is loving madness lol.

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

Out here, everything hurts

If Team Ninja wants to make literal thousands of dollars all they have to do is implement Midtown Manhattan mode. About 19 of us will play it and occasionally spend money and that's just the tip of the iceberg.

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

Out here, everything hurts

They could potentially make tens of thousands of dollars long term.

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I don’t understand the rationale of”but but fire emblem will be long I hope this is short!!” That is like the worst excuse ever

Fried Sushi
Jul 5, 2004

Tom Gorman posted:

If Team Ninja wants to make literal thousands of dollars all they have to do is implement Midtown Manhattan mode. About 19 of us will play it and occasionally spend money and that's just the tip of the iceberg.

Sounds good, but only if there is a mission to defeat Mole Man but his spawn was disabled. If they do that Infinity years GOTY.

Kris xK
Apr 23, 2010

I don’t understand the rationale of”but but fire emblem will be long I hope this is short!!” That is like the worst excuse ever

No one has said that.

What people; including me, have said is that 10-20 hours is the perfect length for a dungeon crawler. It also coincides with killing enough time before Fire Emblem comes out.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

It’s gonna be a fun good game

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

^burtle posted:

Pretty much. It's about dream teams playing together. The campaign is just an excuse.

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

Yeah that’s why I’m concerned though. I want this game to be good but it really looks like a ps2 game. Even if it’s not a 10/10 but like a 7/10 I’m sure there will be some enjoyment. Sigh. Guess I could replay the ps4 port of MUA. Miss Marvel Heroes

It feels like you have an axe to grind, guy who got banned from the switch thread for being a console warrior in 2019

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
No axe to grind I’m just being optimistic. I would love for this to be amazing because MUA is Probably my #1 game of all time

Rufio
Feb 6, 2003

I'm smart! Not like everybody says... like dumb... I'm smart and I want respect!
I hope it's short so I can beat a game for once. Sorry all you looking for your forever game

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

Gameplay looks fun, so I’m just going to keep leveling characters I like.

I like all the characters.

ThermoPhysical
Dec 26, 2007

12 - 15 hours shouldn't be too bad. Edited this post because I'm gonna have fun with this no matter what and I'd rather not spread negativity.

But if Beast gets in AND gets his cat form for a costume then this will be the best Marvel game of all time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-B0ttLnDzOU

ThermoPhysical fucked around with this message at 03:46 on Jul 16, 2019

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I know MUA2 had good replay value because there were two plots with the Civil War base, so there's at least 2 play throughs, and each character had its own unique way to sucking up to Tony or telling him to eat poo poo.

I know I played it with Wolverine being a bootlicker and Ms Marvel telling tony to get hosed.

Everyone refuses to join
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p1H8aTaTC_g

Everyone licks boot
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S3ggGoz6tvg

Maybe there will be an early choice like Wolfenstien where you have to choose someone to save and that alters the game play.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

MUA2 only had replay value because like a handful of lovely characters would be gated off i.e. Luke Cage, the worst Iron Man in 3 games (he was extremely weak), loving Penance, Songbird. Remember Songbird? Nobody loving does, she sucks. It was definitely the worst of the Marvel dungeoncrawlers and had a lot of bad stages, glitches, and terrible aesthetics. I think it was mainly because mainstay XLegends/MUA dev Raven Software was taken off and put on COD games, leaving the Activision guys who ported stuff--Vicarious Visions--to actually develop a game from the ground up for once. Needless to say they hosed up. This new game is some kind of miracle given how much damage the 2nd MUA game did to the IP name.

On the bright side I realized Blade could show up in the Marvel Knights pack. Haven't seen him in any NPC capacity so I'd say that's a good sign he's gonna come soon.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Hello

The video game is soon

Yay!!!

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

Which was the one that had speedball but in his extremely bad civil war variant. Where I think he went by penance and dressed like a gimp voldo or something

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund

SUN GOD AVATAR posted:

Hello

The video game is soon

Yay!!!

Stop jinxing it.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

DLC Inc posted:

Remember Songbird? Nobody loving does, she sucks

Give it time, she'll be a popular MCU character soon enough.

Zelder posted:

Which was the one that had speedball but in his extremely bad civil war variant. Where I think he went by penance and dressed like a gimp voldo or something

Ultimate Alliance 2. Ah, Penance. A character change so ridiculous that every single writer had to come up with their own story for him getting over himself.

ThermoPhysical
Dec 26, 2007

I liked Songbird. :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Gavok posted:

Ultimate Alliance 2. Ah, Penance. A character change so ridiculous that every single writer had to come up with their own story for him getting over himself.

Am I remembering right where there was an attempt at a mystery of who he was for a few months when the redesign appeared in Ellis’ Thunderbolts?