Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

net cafe scandal posted:

I got credits in Enter the Gungeon for the first time... basically only been playign this for weeks.

Nice man. If you like it keep playing because there's a ton of content that doesn't even start appearing until after your first win.... definitely try to get a Past Kill win at least, a lot of them are really cool bossfights

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

goferchan posted:

Nice man. If you like it keep playing because there's a ton of content that doesn't even start appearing until after your first win.... definitely try to get a Past Kill win at least, a lot of them are really cool bossfights

I got basically an invincible item synergy so it felt kind of cheap killing the dragon... It was the relodestone with a ton of active item recharge and the synergy that causes you to shoot out the bullets you absorb. So I could basically just constantly absorb bullets. But yeah the game is hype and I love unlocking. My favorite guns so far are the Scrambler and the Samus arm cannon.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

that bigass update that added all the crazy synergy stuff was so good. i still play it on switch all the time when I go on trips, it's a really great game

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
The god-tier item combos are the best part of Gungeon.

mycophobia
May 7, 2008
MD Same! Same! Same! hard mode two loops clear

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L7-CZSg2G5M

Chill Callahan
Nov 14, 2012
11. Megaman 9 superhero mode...was trying for 1cc but maybe another day

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Just beat Rainbow Run mode in Gungeon. Relodestone once again saved my rear end.... as well as Based Ser Junkan, who sacrificed his life to save mine in one of my most epic gaming moments in 2019.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

net cafe scandal posted:

Just beat Rainbow Run mode in Gungeon. Relodestone once again saved my rear end.... as well as Based Ser Junkan, who sacrificed his life to save mine in one of my most epic gaming moments in 2019.

He's one of the greatest npcs/party members of all time imo

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009
Serial Cleaner

Pretty good indie game. Like MGS stealth but you clean up corpses after mafia jobs. Set in the 70s so lots of pop culture references.

Only annoying thing is that the bodies/evidence can appear in a number of pre-determined spots but if you lose/get caught they won't be in the same spots as your previous run. Sucks when you've got a good route down

mycophobia
May 7, 2008
Captain Toad Treasure Tracker (Episodes 1-3)

the bonus stuff looks interesting but im gonna take a break for now

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

1. Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door
  2. Shin Megami Tensei IV: Apocalypse
  3. Etrian Odyssey Nexus
  4. The Alliance Alive
  5. Iconoclasts
  6. Dragon Quest VIII: Journey of the Cursed King
  7. Persona Q2: New Cinema Labyrinth
  8. SteamWorld Heist

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
The Portopia Serial Murder Case

mycophobia
May 7, 2008

elf help book posted:

The Portopia Serial Murder Case

cool. worth playing?

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

mycophobia posted:

cool. worth playing?

if you really like that type of game, and are interested, absolutely. and its pretty short too

but on the other hand theres literally a few instances of pixel hunting without labels or images, just having to blindly check a spot. and a lot of magic order of you talked to person x about y and now if you go to another area something unrelated changed

but also theres no failing whatsoever so you can just try anything, including just giving up the case early and getting yelled out by your boss lol

i gotta play more of the famicom jake hunter games and princess tomato soon too, for some reason im real interested in this era recently

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

I saw arino play pprtopia so I feel like I dont need to

discount cathouse
Mar 25, 2009
Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice

I have a deeper sympathy for the plight of the mentaly ill now that I know what they have to go through: fighting the same copypasted enemies over and over.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

mysterious loyall X posted:

I saw arino play pprtopia so I feel like I dont need to

i just went to watch this cuz i remembered it too but he actually played the sequel hokkaido serial murders instead :negative:

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

net cafe scandal posted:

I got basically an invincible item synergy so it felt kind of cheap killing the dragon... It was the relodestone with a ton of active item recharge and the synergy that causes you to shoot out the bullets you absorb. So I could basically just constantly absorb bullets. But yeah the game is hype and I love unlocking. My favorite guns so far are the Scrambler and the Samus arm cannon.

those are the best guns in the game imo

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
underrated game imo. i think its way better than nuclear throne. they even added an option to play it at 2x speed for people who dont like the time between rooms etc. i also have the platinum trophy in it which i think is pretty rare. though im probably missing an achievement from the dlc

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

elf help book posted:

i just went to watch this cuz i remembered it too but he actually played the sequel hokkaido serial murders instead :negative:

:negative:

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

I.N.R.I posted:

underrated game imo. i think its way better than nuclear throne. they even added an option to play it at 2x speed for people who dont like the time between rooms etc. i also have the platinum trophy in it which i think is pretty rare. though im probably missing an achievement from the dlc

nuclear throne and it don't play very much alike. nuclear throne is more like smash tv or robotron and that sort of crap but with in between level mutation perks. and also theres no dodge roll [for children/babies]

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

mysterious loyall X posted:

nuclear throne and it don't play very much alike. nuclear throne is more like smash tv or robotron and that sort of crap but with in between level mutation perks. and also theres no dodge roll [for children/babies]

i couldnt get into it personally but ppl like to compare them. i own it though so ill give it a real shot sooner or later

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Its basically just a straight up action game more so than something like Isaac and gungeon. Theres no real item synergy and the level up mutations are mostly there to kill things faster or not die as fast and the stages are basically just arenas for you to kill dudes

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
somethign about the way it played was what put me off though .. maybe the camera shake or the camera following the cursor and stuff. gungeon has that by default too but you can turn it all off. maybe you can turn it off in nuclear throne? i heard they updated it a whole bunch. well id like it a lot more if u could. i dont like the camera spazzing around while im trying to focus

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Yeah you can turn off screen shake and boss intros. the screen shake is a slider too if you want to leave some in for really dramatic explosions

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

In Training posted:

Yeah you can turn off screen shake and boss intros. the screen shake is a slider too if you want to leave some in for really dramatic explosions

kool. i should give it another go then

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

I forgot it had screen shake cuz I turned it off and yeah its awful

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Other guns from Gungeon I like: the ice shotgun, forget what it’s called... the rail gun is really hype. The rainbow crystal gun.. luxor or something, it’s really fun to shoot but doesn’t do that much dmg. I can’t decide if I like Turbo Mode or not and I really hate that candle boss thing on the second floor. Number one run ruiner besides the fourth floor bosses

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

I think pretty much all the Hollow bosses are harder than the dragon.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

net cafe scandal posted:

Other guns from Gungeon I like: the ice shotgun, forget what it’s called... the rail gun is really hype. The rainbow crystal gun.. luxor or something, it’s really fun to shoot but doesn’t do that much dmg. I can’t decide if I like Turbo Mode or not and I really hate that candle boss thing on the second floor. Number one run ruiner besides the fourth floor bosses

turbo mode is basically hard mode... but even if you just want the fast movement between rooms, you can set it so it just speeds up whenever youre not in combat

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
like im really good at the game and ill die on turbo mode if the run isnt a good one. i mean im not a shmup pro but its hard. the bullets are moving twice as fast

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

net cafe scandal posted:

I think pretty much all the Hollow bosses are harder than the dragon.

the wall is ez with some practise. and the pillars are nothing once youve learned the basic idea. the real boss of the gungeon is the ammoconda on floor 2 imo lol

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
The bell guy f'ing sucks. I hate that guy.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

American McGay posted:

theres a trick to most of his moves. im over a year since being done with the game and have probably completely regressed to noob status or id record some videos. the ammoconda is just a bastard though because of how random it is. all the other bosses have patterns and stuff, even the lich

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

American McGay posted:

He’s really scary but I think I’ve got him figured out.

Cubivore_
Nov 6, 2013

19. The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess

Aston
Nov 19, 2007

Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay

I love Nuclear Throne but found it hard to get into Enter the Gungeon. I think it was the slower pace plus the learning curve of all the different stuff in the game, I just want to go fast shoot gun.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

Aston posted:

I love Nuclear Throne but found it hard to get into Enter the Gungeon. I think it was the slower pace plus the learning curve of all the different stuff in the game, I just want to go fast shoot gun.

some of the later updates sped it up a lot .. give it another go if you only played it shortly after release. theres a turbo mode which literally doubles the speed of the game completely or a 2x out of combat setting so you can run between rooms quicker. they added some more convenient teleports too

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

they also made the game a lot more generous with money/pick-ups and all the really powerful synergies, so you're fighting the enemies and not the game lol. turbo mode balances out how much easier the game got but is difficult in a way more interesting way

drat..might just start another file from scratch again lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Never got into Nuclear Throne, it always felt real lovely to me idk why. I played more of Gungeon but never played enough to get good at it. I think Isaac burnt me out permanently on that run style of soulsian gunlikes.