Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

G-Mawwwwwww
Jan 31, 2003

My LPth are Hot Garbage
Biscuit Hider

cat_herder posted:

I confess I've watched zero drag tv, but briefly lived in Dallas (which wants to be the south) in 2006 and if it was a popular meme, I guess cultural osmosis :shrug: I'm sorry, I don't even watch broadcast news channels, let alone cable tv shows. LPs are fast-moving and easier on my lack of attention span :saddowns:

That's funny because I live in Dallas and say bless your heart all the time.

Listen, we got big hair and sparkly sweaters and SMU, we're the South.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

Danaru posted:

:siren:New Episode!:siren:
We also played an entire episode of Michael Jackson's Moonwalker which got copyright struck like a dozen times and nobody can see it :shepface:

As if copyright is the biggest issue with that game. :pedo:

Geemer
Nov 4, 2010

Danaru posted:

Dan and Grace's Chaos Romcom Episode 21 - Neugier

The very rare genre of Romcom where we find something knew and it actually ends up kinda owning.

We also played an entire episode of Michael Jackson's Moonwalker which got copyright struck like a dozen times and nobody can see it :shepface:

Hey, this game looks actually really good. I bet that if you went north at 26:50ish you'd have gotten more progress, but instead you went south and ended up going backwards.

Also, neugier just means curiousity in German. Picking random German words is EZ-MODO for creating Japanese fantasy names.

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

Not as strong as you'd expect.

Danaru posted:

Arcade or console?

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Bloodly posted:

Arcade or console?

Genesis, I didnt know there was an arcade version :stare:

Grace didnt know there was a console version either, and nearly blue screened when I described it as "you go around collecting children until Bubbles flies in and tells you
who's Bad" and realized I was serious

Seyser Koze
Dec 15, 2013

Mucho Mucho
Nap Ghost

Danaru posted:

Genesis, I didnt know there was an arcade version :stare:
I think it’s the arcade version that has an AT-ST with a giant thrusting metal penis.

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

Danaru posted:

Grace didnt know there was a console version either, and nearly blue screened when I described it as "you go around collecting children until Bubbles flies in and tells you
who's Bad" and realized I was serious

I have vague memories of once reading some random “Official [Console/Game Manufacturer Name] Magazine” and it had some listicle of classic games and one of them was Moonwalker. What ended up getting burned into my psyche was whereas the other games listed websites or stores in their “Where to obtain” sections, the one for Moonwalker read “You want to get arrested?”

I still listen to that sick Smooth Criminal MIDI though. Shame of all the songs to cut, that game ditched loving Thriller except for that one 5 second bit.

AceOfFlames fucked around with this message at 09:59 on Jul 13, 2019

G-Mawwwwwww
Jan 31, 2003

My LPth are Hot Garbage
Biscuit Hider
Neugier is giving me a real crusader of Centy vibe. Except that one had a good doggy and a flying squirrel.

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

You giving me the cold shoulder? How cruel.

Grimey Drawer
Man, Crusader of Centy (ie Soleil)... I played it so much. May have been the first game to make me cry? Which is weird since the first impression of it is that it's a LoZ-clone.

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

This is a pretty awesome-looking game. Avenge the bride and groom, Dan!

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Dan and Grace's Chaos Romcom Episode 22 - Wolfenstein 3D Part 3

Welcome to Dan and Grace's Chaos RomCom also known as Oops All Wolfenstein. I don't remember recording these two episodes but here they are

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

dammit Grace, Red Green is a national treasure and I'm not even from the Canadian nation :argh:

Wiseblood
Dec 31, 2000

Hell at this point you might as well do a full LP

Lord Zedd-Repulsa
Jul 21, 2007

Devour a good book.

Are you going to get back to the Uplink LP? It was fun to watch you somehow not get caught despite hacking while drunk.

G-Mawwwwwww
Jan 31, 2003

My LPth are Hot Garbage
Biscuit Hider
Can vouch that circlmastr judges.

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

The only judging I'm doing is how they listed the people coming to their wedding and I wasn't included.

BIG judging on that.

G-Mawwwwwww
Jan 31, 2003

My LPth are Hot Garbage
Biscuit Hider

CirclMastr posted:

The only judging I'm doing is how they listed the people coming to their wedding and I wasn't included.

BIG judging on that.

My wife specifically asked for an invite in one of the Jimmy episodes which cracks me up. But at least they still love and remember you.

What I'm saying is when they invite you out of guilt, bring me, I clean up pretty and am usually good for pizza

G-Mawwwwwww fucked around with this message at 14:35 on Jul 16, 2019

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Lord Zedd-Repulsa posted:

Are you going to get back to the Uplink LP? It was fun to watch you somehow not get caught despite hacking while drunk.

We'll get back to Uplink eventually, we've been having a brutal time with scheduling so we've been doing hit and run Romcom episodes since they dont need planning. This friday will hopefully see the return of XCOM 2.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Dan and Grace's Chaos Romcom Episode 23 - Wolfenstein 3D Part 4

I am not a fan of the Schutzstaffel

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!
I'm sorry.

I'm not actually sorry.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Mikl posted:

I'm sorry.

I'm not actually sorry.

Oh my god :allears:

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Dan and Grace's Chaos Romcom Episode 24 - Aladdin

Aladdin is my favourite Disney story because much like Aladdin, I'm a broke-rear end piece of poo poo who SOMEHOW got with someone hilariously out of my league and also Robin Williams yelled at me a few times for loving around

We actually played this before on the 8/16 bit Romcom that this thread is a sequel to, but it was on a different site so y'all didn't see it, it's one of the games I grew up with which means I can muscle memory most of it! I love this game a lot THE GENESIS VERSION IS FOR COWARDS AND RASCALS

Hammurabi
Nov 4, 2009
Well I for one like you more and think you're the better of the two.

ArchWizard
Mar 27, 2009

There's the Roy I know and love.

I'm here to voice support for a fellow emerald respecter. Keep up the good fight, Dan. Don't let the ruby-lovers act like they're better than us.

Akratic Method
Mar 9, 2013

It's going to pay off eventually--I'm sure of it.

Any day now.

My name is also Dan, so there's at least one person who will never forget your name.

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

Jafar 2: Geoff Harder

Also if you're doing repeats, play Friday the 13th on NES again.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Dan and Grace's Chaos Romcom Episode 25 - GOLF/Super Star Wars Empire Strikes Back

I am built for power and durability, not precision

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

The Phantom Pain is my favorite Star Wars movie.

(It's actually called The Phantom Menace)

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Dan and Grace's Chaos Romcom Episode 26 - Starfox

I'm not very good at this route because I usually play route 1 or route 2. Route 2 Venom Surface is the best level in the game :colbert:

G-Mawwwwwww
Jan 31, 2003

My LPth are Hot Garbage
Biscuit Hider
God I love when Grace dunks on you and leaves you flabbergasted. It helps ease my own wounds.

Gonna have to go to the zone and dig up the old rom com.

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug
"Dan and Grace save 2% of the Human Population in EDF 5" would be too pure and good for this sinful world. And also probably take longer than half metal gear thread, because that game edges past 100 Missions.

I never saw your first solo act, but I've gone back and RE-Watched your Start Fox 2 run with Grace. You are a cool boy and good space pilot :colbert:

Now to finish watching the other 90% of your Star Fox 1 video. I'm sure Andros is hosed.

EDIT: Well... you saved the pandas, and that's the most important part of the mission. If that doesn't deserve a pit stop, then Jesus can throw his laptop right in the garbage.

Section Z fucked around with this message at 03:11 on Aug 9, 2019

cat_herder
Mar 17, 2010

BE GAY
DO CRIME

this is the best loving lp series to watch while stoned out of my mind.

EVASIVE MANEUVERS, JESUS CHRIST

the spinny room reminds me of those amusement park things where it spins and everyone in the room is plastered against the side and somehow it's fun (I've never done it).

I've never even seen Star Fox before so I thought you did hella well and also the game over graphic is scary as hell, what the actual gently caress

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

Star Fox 64 definitely feels easier than Star Fox, and I'm not sure how much of that is just from lag.

Akratic Method
Mar 9, 2013

It's going to pay off eventually--I'm sure of it.

Any day now.

CirclMastr posted:

Star Fox 64 definitely feels easier than Star Fox, and I'm not sure how much of that is just from lag.

I agree 100% I aced Star Fox 64, gold medals on every hard-mode level, and I didn't even finish Star Fox. Probably some of that was due to no longer being a 10-year-old by the time 64 came out, but still, it feels way easier generally.

Geemer
Nov 4, 2010

Star Fox has some real wonky hit detection, especially in the spinning ship core boss arenas.
Other than that, nowhere near enough barrel rolling to punk on those plasma orbs being shot at you.

Sector Zed is a real pain in the rear end when the game's lagging like that. And Fortuna's boss is a bitch with also terrible hit detection.

G-Mawwwwwww
Jan 31, 2003

My LPth are Hot Garbage
Biscuit Hider

Section Z posted:

"Dan and Grace save 2% of the Human Population in EDF 5" would be too pure and good for this sinful world. And also probably take longer than half metal gear thread, because that game edges past 100 Missions.

I think that they're some of the only people who could keep it interesting over 100 episodes. I was gonna do EDF 4.1 but it's on the back burner for a while

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

GrandmaParty posted:

I think that they're some of the only people who could keep it interesting over 100 episodes. I was gonna do EDF 4.1 but it's on the back burner for a while
Seeing what order they prioritize jokes about weapon name/designs alone would probably be worth the price of admission.

"Episode 28: Revenge of the Bulge Laser"

Qtotonibudinibudet
Nov 7, 2011

Omich poluyobok, skazhi ty narkoman? ya prosto tozhe gde to tam zhivu, mogli by vmeste uyobyvat' narkotiki

Section Z posted:

They finished Dokapon, anything is possible.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!
They finished Dokapon after losing a dozen or so updates to the LP curse. Dan and Grace are nothing if not dedicated.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Dan and Grace's Chaos Romcom Episode 27 - Operation Logic Bomb/Wizard of Oz

hey it's a dan drank slightly too much and literally can't stop saying every thought that comes into his brain episode boy i hate these thanks past dan