Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ASOATgfR8fo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

Mordiceius posted:

So I wonder what is going to happen with the Empire and the fuckin giant warehouse full of Solus bodies

My money is on Elidibus having a scene venting frustrations to the monument of his dead comrade

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Mordiceius posted:

So I wonder what is going to happen with the Empire and the fuckin giant warehouse full of Solus bodies

To quote Greg, "Um. Well, then!"

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

Now that I've finally made it to Shadowbringers, I want to make sure I have some things right....

"The Source" is the world we come from, with Eorzea and Ishgard and all that. "The First" is one of many alternate worlds that were split from the source due to some event? And there are multiple worlds like this? The Warrior of Darkness came from The First, right? So The First is the world where the side of light won too much, and light enveloped everything which was bad.

The Emperor said his ultimate goal is to mash all these alternate worlds back into The Source, because he thinks combining all of them and creating a "perfect race" of humans is the only way to beat the Ascians? And in order to do such a thing, he would have to cause multiple calamities in The Source, which does bad things to these other worlds?

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

Now that I've finally made it to Shadowbringers, I want to make sure I have some things right....

"The Source" is the world we come from, with Eorzea and Ishgard and all that. "The First" is one of many alternate worlds that were split from the source due to some event? And there are multiple worlds like this? The Warrior of Darkness came from The First, right? So The First is the world where the side of light won too much, and light enveloped everything which was bad.

The Emperor said his ultimate goal is to mash all these alternate worlds back into The Source, because he thinks combining all of them and creating a "perfect race" of humans is the only way to beat the Ascians? And in order to do such a thing, he would have to cause multiple calamities in The Source, which does bad things to these other worlds?

Pretty much, yep. Any gaps in that gets explained during Shadowbringers.

CuddlyZombie
Nov 6, 2005

I wuv your brains.

All of that is right on the money!

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

Orcs and Ostriches posted:

The handful of things I wanted to buy weren't applicable for the code so I never bothered. I'll have to fill that hole with my three other fat chocobos.

I only have one fat bird. I need all of them.

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

yeah, most of the gaps will get filled in over the msq

one minor note that was clear before shb: varis is an accelerationist. the ascians want to smush all the worlds back into one because their dark god Zodiark thinks it would be cool and good. varis thinks that it's a rad plan to go along with that, but then when this Rejoining is complete, backstab the ascians and take the completed, presumably "better" world for mankind instead. that this necessarily involves the death of untold millions doesn't bug him.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

OK great, glad to know I had basically everything right that I should know of.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

I wonder if Source's history has become muddled by absorbing the shards. If we failed and the First was absorbed, would PotD and the other ruins in the area start taking on an inexplicable Ronkan aesthetic?

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

I'm sure we all know but man, Varis is so dumb.

BisbyWorl
Jan 12, 2019

Knowledge is pain plus observation.

4000 Dollar Suit posted:

Boy do I wish they would do away with making you play as party members and others, it really just brings the momentum to a grinding halt for me.

But alas everyone seems to love them since they've only grown in frequency since they were introduced.

My main issue with Roleplay quests is that all your actions are locked to the pet hotbar.

I know you can hijack hotbars, SE. There are multiple mounts that do just that. Please let me use my keys instead of having to click every action like a peasant.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

SyntheticPolygon posted:

I'm sure we all know but man, Varis is so dumb.

He talks about his big plan to kill the Ascians despite having a kill tally of zero, meanwhile we're sitting across the table with two kills and one assist.

Xun
Apr 25, 2010

BisbyWorl posted:

My main issue with Roleplay quests is that all your actions are locked to the pet hotbar.

I know you can hijack hotbars, SE. There are multiple mounts that do just that. Please let me use my keys instead of having to click every action like a peasant.

Wait what? The roleplay quest buttons always hijack my 1-0 hotbar and I can use my keys just fine.

Draxion
Jun 9, 2013

BisbyWorl posted:

they replace my #1 hotbar every time, so there's got to be some setting that mirrors them that you've either got off or never turned on.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.

Draxion posted:

they replace my #1 hotbar every time, so there's got to be some setting that mirrors them that you've either got off or never turned on.

Alternatively, they've accidentally hidden their #1 hotbar and never use it.

Clarste fucked around with this message at 05:38 on Jul 16, 2019

Algid
Oct 10, 2007

super sweet best pal posted:

I wonder if Source's history has become muddled by absorbing the shards. If we failed and the First was absorbed, would PotD and the other ruins in the area start taking on an inexplicable Ronkan aesthetic?
It already has, if a rejoining is supposed to mirror the sundering and make the world better in some physical and metaphysical sense, we've seen what that means and what happens after an umbral calamity. 1.0 became 2.0 and the game improved by an order of magnitude. :v:

There's even the fact that no one seems to know anything changed except the WoL who everyone somehow forgot for a while. It even mirrors what Emet-Selch said happened to himself.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

Thats not true at all, lol

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

In my rigorous studies of the FF14 lore, it turns out that actually a dragon did it

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
yeah y'all massively overthinking this

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

super sweet best pal posted:

There is absolutely no evidence that it works this way and substantial evidence that it does not.

The latter being history did not change post-Bahamut. He just hosed up the landscape a whole bunch

You're way overthinking it.

Saigyouji
Aug 26, 2011

Friends 'ave fun together.

I'm really enjoying this glam. (Level 79 dungeon.)

Algid
Oct 10, 2007

Captain Oblivious posted:

The latter being history did not change post-Bahamut. He just hosed up the landscape a whole bunch

You're way overthinking it.
Cat butts almost ceased to exist after the calamity and no one except the WoL remembers, how do you explain that :colbert:

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Algid posted:

Cat butts almost ceased to exist after the calamity and no one except the WoL remembers, how do you explain that :colbert:
Bahamut destroyed everyone's asses with teraflare

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

I call shenanigans on Ran'jit beating me in a fight. Dude may be old, but I doubt he's fought half the wild poo poo the WoL has.

Schneider Heim posted:

The guy in the tank role quest calls you sinner, and it's supposed to be a compliment.

A LOT of NPCs use "sinner" this way. It's obviously a very common phrase in this setting (for kinda obvious reasons).

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Saigyouji posted:

I'm really enjoying this glam. (Level 79 dungeon.)
It's good, healers getting strong glams this expansion.

Veev
Oct 21, 2010

K is for kid.
A guy or gal just like you.
Dont be in such a hurry to grow up, since there's nothin' a kid can't do.

Schneider Heim posted:

The guy in the tank role quest calls you sinner, and it's supposed to be a compliment.

They call you a sinner because you haven't had your sin eaten.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

https://twitter.com/avalon_witch/status/1149162534999605261/photo/1

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo
Screenshot time:

Gotta say, I don't hate the "absolute unit of armor" look.

It me, but Hrothgar.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

SwissArmyDruid posted:

Screenshot time:

Gotta say, I don't hate the "absolute unit of armor" look.

It me, but Hrothgar.

Which set is that?

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

Ronkan tank, judging by the style.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Ytlaya posted:

I call shenanigans on Ran'jit beating me in a fight. Dude may be old, but I doubt he's fought half the wild poo poo the WoL has.

A LOT of NPCs use "sinner" this way. It's obviously a very common phrase in this setting (for kinda obvious reasons).
There's a really good explanation for the thing you spoilered:

HE'S A FUCKIN SUPER KARATE MAN WITH A STAND! DEAL WITH IT

Gorelab
Dec 26, 2006

My feel on AST is that the new cards are fine, and you can do some pretty neat things if you time them well for burst windows, but the numbers all around are undertuned and sleeve draw is obnoxious as gently caress.

aers
Feb 15, 2012

Gumball Gumption posted:

Do you have a link to the write up? I want to see this.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1SBU4HpqBenHAXFr6V-gwAKggkfBgJ2IR9FEbMtT3YRw/edit

The No B4 opener is actually the best BLM opener and doesn't require much SS.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
I don't really mind Ran'jit beating us--we have a hodgepodge of super powers but when it comes to kicking rear end the WoL is just really really good at it. Someone like Zenos or Ran'jit can be real good at it too without too much narrative dissonance (though Ran'jit kinda came out of nowhere). The issue I have is when you beat him later with no narrative justification. As far as I call tell, the only reason we lost and then won is because we leveled up in between, which is super unsatisfying narratively

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

cheetah7071 posted:

I don't really mind Ran'jit beating us--we have a hodgepodge of super powers but when it comes to kicking rear end the WoL is just really really good at it. Someone like Zenos or Ran'jit can be real good at it too without too much narrative dissonance (though Ran'jit kinda came out of nowhere). The issue I have is when you beat him later with no narrative justification. As far as I call tell, the only reason we lost and then won is because we leveled up in between, which is super unsatisfying narratively
I figure Thancred broke his spirit with superior dadfeels and we just cleaned up. Also he's extremely not dead and will probably at the very least be in a dungeon or possibly in a trial or something.

MechanicalTomPetty
Oct 30, 2011

Runnin' down a dream
That never would come to me

cheetah7071 posted:

To be fair that happened like, one and a half dungeons after Thancred gunstabbed him (and himself :v:) to within an inch of his life. He may have still been recovering when we roll into Eulmore.

On a semi-related note, has there ever been a FF job that uses a scythe before now?

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

got in my innocence ex clear before maintenance :toot:

aers
Feb 15, 2012

MechanicalTomPetty posted:

To be fair that happened like, one and a half dungeons after Thancred gunstabbed him (and himself :v:) to within an inch of his life. He may have still been recovering when we roll into Eulmore.

On a semi-related note, has there ever been a FF job that uses a scythe before now?

FF11 DRK uses Scythes as their primary weapon, with Great Swords as the worse option.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

https://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/topics/detail/4ddd33c83933ec4ad3dccb0e6538bbb9e85e63e7
Patch notes are up! The armor preview looks real nice for everything but tank imo.